Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (554) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (905762 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by JDB55(m): 8:37am On May 24, 2022
Lekiboboe:

Yes your friend is right.

Do you have a 2.1?

Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by efunk1: 8:38am On May 24, 2022
Please can anyone suggest pgd courses and schools in Canada for Biochemistry 2.2 graduate with 12 year study gap? And does work experience also affect your choice of study? Cos I've not been working based on my field of study (been working as an administrative assistant in a school)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teezkid: 8:40am On May 24, 2022

Teezkid:
Hey guys. Is it compulsory/mandatory to attach my sponsors international passport to my application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 8:40am On May 24, 2022
efunk1:
Please can anyone suggest pgd courses and schools in Canada for Biochemistry 2.2 graduate with 12 year study gap? And does work experience also affect your choice of study? Cos I've not been working based on my field of study (been working as an administrative assistant in a school)

It's good to pick a course that relates to your job because work experience overrides academic qualifications.

There are so many courses at PGD/PGC level in Biochemistry or related courses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Laborah(f): 8:43am On May 24, 2022
Thanks I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Laborah(f): 8:44am On May 24, 2022
[quote author=Johnvee11 post=113114357]

Just 2photocopy of ur data page ,ur appointment letter and biometric letter and ur passport, then pen.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Iamgrac: 8:52am On May 24, 2022
Is it me or does this wait just feel like eternity, it's just 10 days since I submitted my application and it's feeling like it's been months.
I keep checking my portal almost everytime.
For the sake of my sanity I think I'll just quit nairaland for a while.
It'll all end in praise for us all.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Damanjay: 9:01am On May 24, 2022
Good day all, my agent has refused to give me login details to my portal, please is there any way for me to get access to it without him??

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 9:11am On May 24, 2022
Damanjay:
Good day all, my agent has refused to give me login details to my portal, please is there any way for me to get access to it without him??

No way: but to be sure he submitted your application, he should be able to give you your application number and UCI number.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ninab: 9:23am On May 24, 2022
Iamgrac:
Is it me or does this wait just feel like eternity, it's just 10 days since I submitted my application and it's feeling like it's been months.

You are not alone and you are doing just fine .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by HouseRavenclaw: 10:07am On May 24, 2022
gaeul:
Thanks a million, very clear and detailed...

Responding to your quote from the other thread. Uh, Nairobi hasn't given any answer since the first time I emailed them. I ordered my GCMS file and saw the email records there as well and that made feel a little uneasy so I'll let this week/month play out and then send another email.

My issue is I've run out of things to say and I hate to ramble about the same things over and over. It just makes the applicant look a little unhinged and desperate, which I know for a fact the IRCC finds in bad taste.

What could I possibly say that is different from the last 4 emails and webforms? I've also used an MP's office AND their Call Center. All of these were recorded. Sooner or later I'll hear something, so I'll just try taking my mind off until that happens.

On my GCMS notes, I've passed every section except the medical which is still labeled as "ready for assessment" and the last entry was March. They moved my health file to the Center for Medical Admissibility to see if I'd put a strain on the IRCC health-care system and I'm guessing that (plus the backlogs) is what's taking time to figure out.

Thank you for the input though.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Damanjay: 10:14am On May 24, 2022
ShowYoung:

No way: but to be sure he submitted your application, he should be able to give you your application number and UCI number.

Yes I have the application number and UCI number just that I don’t have the login details
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Grubsk: 10:21am On May 24, 2022
Thank you;
6 months to school resumption � what about the study visa wait time. ?
ShowYoung:

1. The earliest you should start is 6 months prior to your program start date— this is September.

2. Although a US citizen doesn't need a visa to enter Canada if (s)he is not staying for a period of not more than 3 months (or 6 months, I am not sure now), since you'll be staying for more than 3 or 6 months, you should apply for visa now so you don't want to be dealing with it again after 3 or 6 months.

3. You shouldn't be turned away since you have your Canadian study visa and not out of status in the US.

4. About the lump sum, if the BDC is a registered company, let them do it officially. It's an investment in the company which you have just liquidated. Get an official letter from them, and explain.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by lordkay10(m): 10:26am On May 24, 2022
Please help me, this is my first time of applying, which Visa office should my Visa application letter be addressed to?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by chigora: 10:38am On May 24, 2022
Thank you so much for your explanation.
ShowYoung:

Lump sum is not a problem so long you are able to provide undoubtable explanation.

Kindly show your fixed deposit certificate and include in your SOP the explanation that the fixed deposit matured on the particular date the lump sum reflected in your account. The narration of the transaction will also show the source.

That's all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 10:48am On May 24, 2022
Grubsk:
Thank you;
6 months to school resumption � what about the study visa wait time. ?

You can start your application now, people have submitted application earlier than six months before program start date and there has not been an issue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by BoluwajiPieters: 10:58am On May 24, 2022
Toceen2022:
Good morning all, for those who are planning ahead for Fall 2023, you may want to put schools in Quebec in your plan... Here is why:

Quèbec government to reduce international tuition fees from CAD20k to 3k/yr (domestic rate) starting Sept 2023

Eligible fields:

�IT
�Engineering
�Health & social services
�Education(early childhood edu)

Gonna be a game changer for int’l students.

This is a developing story, but I'm sure they are not like Naija government, they always do what they say....

It has started already in some schools. It's a form of entrance scholarship. I think someone here got it but was denied visa probably due to how she explained it in her SOP. I noticed it on Concordia's website.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by iamblessed17: 11:00am On May 24, 2022
[quote author=Iamgrac post=113120524]Is it me or does this wait just feel like eternity, it's just 10 days since I submitted my application and it's feeling like it's been months.
It'll all end in praise for us all.[/quote
lol people that have been waiting for months will just d!e if that's the case, better be patient

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by BoluwajiPieters: 11:01am On May 24, 2022
Lekiboboe:

You can start now if you want to, but let there be an emphasis of FALL 2023 in your Cold Mail contents and in your mail subject.

And if a Prof. respond , it's your duty to have at least a monthly communication with that Prof. against Fall 2023 so he/she won't forget you, cos you are not the only person that will be cold mailing him/her.

You can also wait till July, August, September , October 2022 before you start your cold mailing journey.

The choice is yours...

Note
Always send your cold mail, 2pm Nigerian time, that's their 9am in Canada

Good luck!!!

Thank you very much! I guess I'll just chill till July/August then.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by amila20042001: 11:32am On May 24, 2022
Must it be coloured copy of the intl passport or black and white photocopy can serve?

Johnvee11:

Just 2photocopy of ur data page ,ur appointment letter and biometric letter and ur passport, then pen.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Folasadekas: 11:45am On May 24, 2022
Hello house, I joined this trend few days ago and sincerely I know I’m in the right place.
Please i need help/advice on how to go about my POF, I got admission into Cape Breton University and now my hubby is having 7million in his business account and I am having 1million naira in my personal account��‍♀️please what to I do from here We need more funds in his account since he’s going to the my sponsor,what do we do ??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by possessor1: 11:47am On May 24, 2022
I got PPR request today! Jesus did it for me!

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ayatunde: 11:48am On May 24, 2022
It can be either, I used black and white yesterday and I saw people with coloured.
I think it's ones choice.
amila20042001:
Must it be coloured copy of the intl passport or black and white photocopy can serve?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Kidsister13: 11:48am On May 24, 2022
Iamgrac:

Lol!! You are checking after 10 days. This is funny.
I have applied since October, lately I have been refreshing my mail. Its not easy at all.
You will have to chill ni and distract yourself

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 11:52am On May 24, 2022
JDB55:
Yes

Ok

Go through this post

https://www.nairaland.com/6957495/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/552#113116005

Await further inputs from others

Good luck!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by HazeeyzaH(f): 11:53am On May 24, 2022
possessor1:

Congrats...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chiziteremary: 11:53am On May 24, 2022
Congratulations. May the land of Canada favour u. Mine is next in Jesus name.

possessor1:

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 11:53am On May 24, 2022
possessor1:
Big Congratulations to you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 4realwoman: 11:55am On May 24, 2022
possessor1:
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chyigb: 11:55am On May 24, 2022
Halyshia:
howfar with your application?

Nothing yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kinkyhead: 11:56am On May 24, 2022
Congratulations!

possessor1:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 12:01pm On May 24, 2022
efunk1:

Hi

Yes your work experience affects your choice of study.

Based on your post, a PG.CERT PROGRAM at a canadian college related to your Work Experience is your best shot.

Go for PG. CERT , HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT at a Canadian College cos it is related your Work Experience

That being said, Take your time and go through all the contents in the links below

https://www.nairaland.com/6957495/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/261#111242103

https://www.nairaland.com/6957495/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/396#112042866

Good luck!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.