Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,887 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (614) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (907999 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 3:52pm On Jun 04, 2022
teejhaay:

But boss, you know, he will still need a valid medical to travel eventually. This current one is still valid, but what about by the time he chooses to travel?

Sorry for the later response, very busy. This is what should be done. The present medicals still has about 5 to 6 months of validity, the applicant should exhaust the validity before going for another one to save cost. You very much know how IRCC delay applications in view of that, its best to use up the current medicals and do another. When this present one expires.

So when its time to travel, he or she will go for another one if peradventure the PPR comes with this present medicals. With that, its money well spent.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 04, 2022
Please who have used form A recently to pay tuition, can you explain the process to me thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 3:54pm On Jun 04, 2022
Armah22:
PPR ! First time applicant
New portal
Submitted: March 5th
Eligibilty started- 21st of may
Upfront medical-March 30th
PPR- 31st May
Documents submitted
- Bsc certificate
- Nysc certificate
- My certifications
- Cv
-tuiton receipt for first semester
- Parents Landed property of 1997 ( added allocation letter and the receipt of when it was bought In 1997) and another land bought in 2018 ( I added receipt and land agreement )
- A valuation report of a property that was valued at 45million in 2012 ( I didn’t do a recent valuation report)
- Pictures with my extended family
- Parents cars ownership papers and house papers( to show they’re established in Nigeria)
- Gift deed of 4m naira from my dad(sponsor) but I spent out of the money and it was around 3.5m but submitted that way and explained what I used the money for
- Transaction Receipt of when the 4m was sent to me
- Sponsors personal account statement( closing balance was #3,500 but his inflow and outflow was 100m within the space of a year his savings account statement (closing Bal 6m), my own savings account statement (3.5m). (MBS) with reference from the banks.
- Letter of sponsorship, with his company letter head, made sure he signed and his company number and email were on the letter too. Didn’t submit tax receipt or company account because there was some issues.
- Sponsors CAC certificate
- Sponsors Business card
- Sponsors liscence to work in Nigeria
Came on here to ask if 9m was going to be enough for POF and people said no but I tried my luck and faith worked for me. Was also scared because I didn’t submit anything concerning my siblings or my mum like birth certificate but I mentioned them in my SOP.
Also out of anxiety I ordered my notes on 24th of May and shockingly I got PPR 31st.

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 3:57pm On Jun 04, 2022
Jayjay2020jay:
Good afternoon everyone ( it’s my first time )
Please I need advice on how to go about my study permit.

I got an admission into The University of Manitoba Winnipeg and I plan to apply for my visa next month.

I’m 25 and I’m my own sponsor (is it advisable? Because I don’t have a sponsor)
The school said I can process my visa without payment of fees.. (I can pay the fees later)

I have upto 35,000USD in my domicilary account.
Also a landed property

Also I have a job/Business that pays me 140k - 200k month

And also a professional cryptocurrency/NFT enthusiast with certificate and I earn a lot from my trades

Please will this money in my account be enough for proof of funds?

My course is a two year under graduate program and I intend to apply I have 4 siblings, a land and a business and I intend to use them as proof of ties.

Please guys what other things do I need to do?

If truly all funds you have stated are yours, great. But i will advice you raise the funds up a little bit considering the fact that you are going for a two uear program. Also, get an MBS for all the bank accounts. If you have lumpsums in the account, probably a hige sum of money enters at some point, pls do well to explain it under the financing aspect of your SOP/LOE. Have a proper study plan well stated in your SOP/LOE.

Goodluck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 3:59pm On Jun 04, 2022
IamTheJ:
Good day guys

I'm new to this forum. And I'm glad to see how everyone is happy to contribute to others' success by sharing relevant information and ideas.

I Submitted a study permit application on May 11, biometrics completed the next day. Used the New Portal. First time applicant. Have taken my "patience pill". lol!

I have a worry which I'm confident you guys can help me out with your brilliant ideas.

Reading through my study permit application summary, I just noticed something in the "Medical background question" section of the application form - the yes/no questions.

The question I'm a bit confused about is this one below:

"Have you had a medical exam performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?"

- My question is:

Should someone who did an upfront medicals respond "YES" to this question?

I responded "NO" to the question.

Let me put the whole thing in context for you.

My "NO" response to the question was true at the time I was filling the form because I hadn't done any Medicals at the time.

Though I'd booked for an upfront medical for May 9, my application was ready to be submitted before that date (form completed, all documents uploaded). And I didn't want to wait for the medicals since I could still do it after submission.

However, for like 5 days I hard issues with submitting the application due to transaction being declined when I tried paying the fees with different cards (Naira Mastercard, then a dollar Mastercard).

While I struggled with the payment palaver, May 9 came and I went and did my medicals. On May 11, I succeeded with the transaction (through a friend's dollar debit card) and the application was submitted.

Considering the day I did the upfront medical (May 9) and the day my application was submitted (May 11), I now feel that the correct response to the question, in my case, should be "YES". (This is if the question applies to upfront medicals did before submitting the visa application).

- Now my worry is:

If the question applies to upfront medicals did before submitting the application, is there any risk that the VO may wrongly understand it as an intentional lie and interpreted is as a "misrepresentation". In this case, would there be need to raise a webform now to explain what happened? Should I just not worry about it?

NB: medical results are not yet updated in my portal.

Thanks in advance for your kind responses.

Well if I were you I would raise a webform and explain and also upload the medical sheet.. although the medical results will still be sent to them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Kellapaw: 4:13pm On Jun 04, 2022
saucekid50:
good day house, please i need an urgent advice before i proceed, i got offer into Conestoga college ,its stated that a year tuiton fee for
( 8mnth) is about $17,847.74, Cdn ,Estimated tuition fee for the first semester of the program (4) months of
study: $9,317.47, Cdn,i want to pay this $9,317.47.....how much funds do i need as proof of funds for a 2year course total cost of tuition is $26768.31....

hello, I also go admitted to conestoga college, you can pay through flywire or western union global pay...drop your mail so we can connect.

Can you mail me here kellapaw@gmail.com i also have some questions
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Damask: 4:59pm On Jun 04, 2022
Good day the biggest and most reliable social media family on earth.

Please, I have a disturbance based on an application.

Submitted 17th February {new portal - https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en)
Upfront Medical on May 5

Although, there was a high BP record during the medical, which I believe would not affect the outcome.

The issue is that the Medical has not been updated since May 5. Mail has been sent to IOM and Ircc but no response yet.

Secondly, there is not update on the portal Ie No eligibility and the likes. The only information is that the application is been processed.

Please, I need information on what to do please.

Thank you all

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Sand4love(f): 5:03pm On Jun 04, 2022
hotboss:
Finally got PPR

March 24th spplicsnt. First time applicant

Thanks to Jesus

Congratulations, Jesus did it!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Tymally: 5:10pm On Jun 04, 2022
Armah22:
hello I submitted gift deed from my dad and I submitted the transaction receipt as well as the account statement of where the money came from.

Thanks for the response and congratulations on your PPR. Could you please help me with the PDF of how you submitted your documents. You can blank out any information that is not meant for public view or maybe you help me with the format if you are not comfortable sharing your doc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 5:43pm On Jun 04, 2022
Damask:

Submitted 17th February {new portal - https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en)
Upfront Medical on May 5

Although, there was a high BP record during the medical, which I believe would not affect the outcome.

The issue is that the Medical has not been updated since May 5. Mail has been sent to IOM and Ircc but no response yet.

Secondly, there is not update on the portal Ie No eligibility and the likes. The only information is that the application is been processed.

Thank you all

Keep mailing ircc especially Nairobi office. Also raise a webform and submit medical sheet. You can as well order for gcms to know where your application is currently at. My opinion though, gurus here might have a better answer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by nairaland1981: 5:50pm On Jun 04, 2022
My people weldoneooo. My sister was recently denied study visa with the following reasons.....personal asset, purpose of visit and financial status.

An agent advised we reapply immediately instead of waiting for gcms.

Her school starts September

Please advice....makano, Frankrobbn1, Lekiboboe

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by amila20042001: 6:03pm On Jun 04, 2022
Worry less about what you filled abinitio.
Quickly upload the e medical slip given to you at the clinic via webform and emails. You should be fine.
IamTheJ:
Good day guys

I'm new to this forum. And I'm glad to see how everyone is happy to contribute to others' success by sharing relevant information and ideas.

I Submitted a study permit application on May 11, biometrics completed the next day. Used the New Portal. First time applicant. Have taken my "patience pill". lol!

I have a worry which I'm confident you guys can help me out with your brilliant ideas.

Reading through my study permit application summary, I just noticed something in the "Medical background question" section of the application form - the yes/no questions.

The question I'm a bit confused about is this one below:

"Have you had a medical exam performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?"

- My question is:

Should someone who did an upfront medicals respond "YES" to this question?

I responded "NO" to the question.

Let me put the whole thing in context for you.

My "NO" response to the question was true at the time I was filling the form because I hadn't done any Medicals at the time.

Though I'd booked for an upfront medical for May 9, my application was ready to be submitted before that date (form completed, all documents uploaded). And I didn't want to wait for the medicals since I could still do it after submission.

However, for like 5 days I hard issues with submitting the application due to transaction being declined when I tried paying the fees with different cards (Naira Mastercard, then a dollar Mastercard).

While I struggled with the payment palaver, May 9 came and I went and did my medicals. On May 11, I succeeded with the transaction (through a friend's dollar debit card) and the application was submitted.

Considering the day I did the upfront medical (May 9) and the day my application was submitted (May 11), I now feel that the correct response to the question, in my case, should be "YES". (This is if the question applies to upfront medicals did before submitting the visa application).

- Now my worry is:

If the question applies to upfront medicals did before submitting the application, is there any risk that the VO may wrongly understand it as an intentional lie and interpreted is as a "misrepresentation". In this case, would there be need to raise a webform now to explain what happened? Should I just not worry about it?

NB: medical results are not yet updated in my portal.

Thanks in advance for your kind responses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by loohlaah: 6:09pm On Jun 04, 2022
llionaire:
Good morning guys,
Got a medical request today and the next available slot is in 27 days, Canada gave me 30 days to submit my medical result.
I wanna be on the safer side and get it done next week. Is this possible, please? it's also showing that "I have an active appointment.." whenever I try selecting Canada on IOM'S website. When I checked, there was none. Please help guys

Send them the mail as advised and also call them to follow up, their number on website is (+234 802 226 4059) ensure to try calling them early in the morning from 7:35am - 9am. It’s not always going through but keep trying. This number sent me an update after my test too (+234 708 392 0966) so you can try calling it as well.

The second option, The last time I was there I met someone at the Buka gate that was saying express booking. I can’t find the number again. But you can visit the office at Ikeja physically, the guy seats at the entry of the Buka area, or ask the man making the photocopy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by oloyede1(m): 6:11pm On Jun 04, 2022
Good evening everyone,

I want to ask.

If I do a 2 years PG-cert business course
and instead of looking for a job,
I decide to start a business.

How easy is that path to getting permanent residence?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by afosoft: 6:14pm On Jun 04, 2022
Good day everyone,

Is there any school in canada that offers admission for a masters program without application fee?

Pls help with information and affordable schools.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Damask: 6:20pm On Jun 04, 2022
Noted. Thanks for your response.

Filanodivine:

Keep mailing ircc especially Nairobi office. Also raise a webform and submit medical sheet. You can as well order for gcms to know where your application is currently at. My opinion though, gurus here might have a better answer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by karryprincess: 6:53pm On Jun 04, 2022
$
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Seyicar: 7:13pm On Jun 04, 2022
Congratulations to you and everyone that have got their application approved.

Please ��� I genuinely need help, I need assistance to fill in and apply for my study permit. I'm ready with most documents, I just need someone to guide me through the application and documentary.

Thank you �
Casey.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Hajarat1504: 7:53pm On Jun 04, 2022
Please, I will like to know if it is compulsory I upload my deposit receipt even if the school did not ask for deposit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 04, 2022
Hajarat1504:
Please, I will like to know if it is compulsory I upload my deposit receipt even if the school did not ask for deposit
please do for visa purposes shows good financial strength.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kweje: 8:09pm On Jun 04, 2022
Seyicar:

Please ��� I genuinely need help, I need assistance to fill in and apply for my study permit. I'm ready with most documents, I just need someone to guide me through the application and documentary.

Thank you �
Casey.
Dear Seyicar,
You will find your FREE guide on How To and Documents to upload on page 1 of this thread. If you want to do this yourself… take time to begin to read through pages. Most of your “about to ask questions” you will find the answers within the pages.

You can always come back and ask more specific questions in the group and anyone with the answers can help you.
You got this.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kweje: 8:16pm On Jun 04, 2022
Hajarat1504:
Dear Hajarat,
Uploading it would be the smart thing to do. It forms part of your proof of funds. I believe you paid the deposit to show some financial strength even when the school didn't ask for.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Tcrown2020(f): 8:28pm On Jun 04, 2022
Anon123:

Hello..

You can send me a mail.

I will advice with what you need to do.
At Anon223 ..please I just sent you an e mail ..
Thanks for your anticipated response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 8:30pm On Jun 04, 2022
oloyede1:
Good evening everyone,

I want to ask.

If I do a 2 years PG-cert business course
and instead of looking for a job,
I decide to start a business.

How easy is that path to getting permanent residence?
If you are applying to become a PR via study route, you must focus on having a PGWP or other routes

If you wish to gain PR by starting a business, you may want to look into Start Up Visa process which doesn't have anything to do with studying. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=645&top=6

Also, many provinces like BC, NB among others have programs for those wishing to start a business, you may want to research.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by RubyA57: 8:37pm On Jun 04, 2022
Good Evening People,

Please is there any one going to Lakehead a university for Fall 2022 entry?

Let’s link up!

T for Thanks � �

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 8:40pm On Jun 04, 2022
Calmdancer21:
Please who have used form A recently to pay tuition, can you explain the process to me thanks
You must have an account with a commercial bank.

Visit the CBN Trade Monitoring System portal, register and follow every instructions.

Documents to submit with your application
1. Admission Letter
2. School Bill (Flywire receipt, CIBC wire transfer invoice etc)
3. Highest Certificate.
4. Passport Bio-data Page.
5. Written instruction to debit your account.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by jovids: 8:41pm On Jun 04, 2022
I believe your wife's medical request is a good sign for your family's application. I want to advise that you go ahead and book medicals for everyone and not just your wife alone. It will end in praise. We cannot wait for your testimony.
Georgegreen86:
Submitted 15th april
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 8:45pm On Jun 04, 2022
Seyicar:

Thank you �
Casey.

Please apply through the old portal (GC Key) or new portal. Either is self explanatory.

You should also ask questions when needed.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 8:51pm On Jun 04, 2022
afosoft:
Good day everyone,

Is there any school in canada that offers admission for a masters program without application fee?

Pls help with information and affordable schools.

Thanks

Yes, there are.

One of them is Royal Roads University.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by jovids: 8:57pm On Jun 04, 2022
Please send mail to IRCC and IOM again as advised. Also ask IOm to send you a copy of your medical report. I am sure they will tell you if it has been submitted to IRCC or not
Damask:

Upfront Medical on May 5

Thank you all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 9:05pm On Jun 04, 2022
Jayjay2020jay:
Good afternoon everyone ( it’s my first time )
Please I need advice on how to go about my study permit.

I got an admission into The University of Manitoba Winnipeg and I plan to apply for my visa next month.

I’m 25 and I’m my own sponsor (is it advisable? Because I don’t have a sponsor)
The school said I can process my visa without payment of fees.. (I can pay the fees later)

I have upto 35,000USD in my domicilary account.
Also a landed property

Also I have a job/Business that pays me 140k - 200k month

And also a professional cryptocurrency/NFT enthusiast with certificate and I earn a lot from my trades

Please will this money in my account be enough for proof of funds?

My course is a two year under graduate program and I intend to apply I have 4 siblings, a land and a business and I intend to use them as proof of ties.

Please guys what other things do I need to do?

Although you didn't provide sufficient information about your proposed course of study but I can say with 60% assurance that your $35k cannot be enough to run a two year course. It may be enough for a one year course though.

Your tuition fee for the 2 year could be around $25k and $35k+.

How do you want to show living expenses which is $10k per year at minimum? You need to show $20k for two years to be on a safe side.

How do you want to cater for miscellaneous expenses?

These are the questions you need to address.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 9:07pm On Jun 04, 2022
Seyicar:

Thank you �
Casey.

In addition to what others have said, you will find the contents in the links below useful

DETAILED LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR STUDY VISA AND THEIR APPROPRIATE CATEGORIES FOR UPLOAD
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/274#93325073

Guidelines on how to Merge your documents for CLIENT INFORMATION section & PROOF OF FUNDS section
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/115#91040264

Regards

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.