Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (630) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (908155 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 8:28am On Jun 08, 2022
Timex146:
Good morning everyone

I got denied this morning. Personal asset and Financial status.
Submitted via new portal Feb 6
I need someone that can assist with my application

My brother-in-law who is a permanent resident in Canada was my sponsor. He presented an account statement of 22CAD. I didn’t submit mine.

I’m so sorry, please don’t give up.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kweje: 8:28am On Jun 08, 2022
Timex146:
Good morning everyone

My brother-in-law who is a permanent resident in Canada was my sponsor. He presented an account statement of 22CAD. I didn’t submit mine.

Dear Timex,
So sorry about it. What was your tuition fees? Did you pay any part of it? 22k Cad seems low if that’s all you showed. Did it cover tuition, living exp & misc exp?
Does your brother in law have dependents?

While you wait for who can assist you with your application, if you share more details, you could get more ideas on how to repackage.

Lastly order your GCMS notes for the VO’s concerns.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 8:29am On Jun 08, 2022
Timex146:
Good morning everyone

So sorry to hear about your refusal.
Please order for your GCMS notes as the first step to tackle the issue of personal assets and financial status.

Although if you provide more information about your application, it's possible the reason for refusal may be obvious, but GCMS notes is the best.

With this kind of refusal reason, you should be happy because you will get the visa by God's grace in your next application if you are able to package your application well: it is very easy to address the issue raised by personal assets and financial status.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Priceless25: 8:35am On Jun 08, 2022
Good morning house, how do I upload more documents, I left out some documents when I submitted my application yesterday via the new portal due to the 2MB limit, compressing the entire documents didn't save me, was always getting 4MB at the end, to solve this, I removed some documents.. how do I upload these documents after submitting my application? Please need suggestions
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 8:39am On Jun 08, 2022
Priceless25:
Good morning house, how do I upload more documents, I left out some documents when I submitted my application yesterday via the new portal due to the 2MB limit, compressing the entire documents didn't save me, was always getting 4MB at the end, to solve this, I removed some documents.. how do I upload these documents after submitting my application? Please need suggestions

Please upload via Webforms and emails

Webforms

Nairobi
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

General
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Emails:

High Commission, Lagos
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca

High Commission, Abuja
abuja@international.gc.ca
ABUJA-IM-Enquiry@international.gc.ca

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Timex146: 8:48am On Jun 08, 2022
Thank you

My tuition is 18k dollars. I paid tuition deposit of almost 9k dollars and he still presented 22k dollars. Although he has 4 kids and of course a wife who is my sister

kweje:

Dear Timex,
So sorry about it. What was your tuition fees? Did you pay any part of it? 22k Cad seems low if that’s all you showed. Did it cover tuition, living exp & misc exp?
Does your brother in law have dependents?

While you wait for who can assist you with your application, if you share more details, you could get more ideas on how to repackage.

Lastly order your GCMS notes for the VO’s concerns.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Timex146: 8:53am On Jun 08, 2022
Thank you

I ordered it on Monday. My tuition is 18k dollars, I paid 9k deposit, my brother-in-law presented 22k dollars. He’s married to my sister and they have 4 kids. I didn’t present my personal bank statement because I don’t have any savings there although I have a brother who has said he will gift me money. Like 2-3 million. I don’t know if that will fly

ShowYoung:

So sorry to hear about your refusal.
Please order for your GCMS notes as the first step to tackle the issue of personal assets and financial status.

Although if you provide more information about your application, it's possible the reason for refusal may be obvious, but GCMS notes is the best.

With this kind of refusal reason, you should be happy because you will get the visa by God's grace in your next application if you are able to package your application well: it is very easy to address the issue raised by personal assets and financial status.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by NewMercy: 9:00am On Jun 08, 2022
Thank you, didn't see your response on time. I chose Royal Roads because I have a 2.2 and its on MPOWER list of schools.
Innit2022:
I applied to Royal Roads university's Executive MBA program on January 3, 2022 and got a conditional admission on February 9, 2022.

Generally, I found the school was very disorganised with their approach of requesting additional information and it is very difficult to reach them on the lines provided. It seemed the conditional offer was a way to get extra money from the international applicants as I was asked to take Academic writing course ($595) as a condition for acceptance. It took them another one month to send me my LOA. I paid the 5k deposit just in case but when I got my Uottawa admission in March. I withdrew my application and asked for a refund of deposit which they have returned (with a charge)

I would say expect a response in 1 month to 6 weeks as this is a peak period for applications.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Timex146: 9:00am On Jun 08, 2022
Thanks

[quote author=CharitoJames post=113590265][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Priceless25: 9:05am On Jun 08, 2022
@ShowYoung.. Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by llionaire(m): 9:19am On Jun 08, 2022
I think you should be a little bit patient. It took mine about 40 days to pass last year. You might wanna call them sha, if it's bothering you

ebyprecy:
Good morning my people
Please who has IOM Abuja contact number?The one I saw online is not going through.It’s been one week I did upfront medical yet nothing from them

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 9:27am On Jun 08, 2022
Niaso:
Please house

What is the difference between Post Baccalaureate Diploma and Post Graduate diploma?

Do both qualify for work permit after 2yrs course of study?

Can one apply for study visa for oneself, Open work permit for husband and visitor's visa for child? With Post Baccalaureate Diploma admission

Waiting for handful response thanks in anticipation!!

PGC AND PGD are one and the same. It's always called Ontario College Graduate Certificate. You can apply for this if you have a 1st class, 2.1 l, 2.2 and maybe 3rd class(chances are very very very slim)

A 2yrs course qualifies you for a 3yrs PGWP.

Yes you can but please note, an open spousal work permit takes 12months, so your husband application might be delayed fr a long time but
a decision will be made on the visiting. Approval here is dependent on the person applying for a study permit(primary applicant)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 9:30am On Jun 08, 2022
kiari:

Hello thank you for your response.
I already uploaded the medical slip given to me when I applied for my study visa last month. I should go ahead and upload it via email and webform right?

Yes.. as many times as you want

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by amila20042001: 9:32am On Jun 08, 2022
You dont need to explain an opening balance of 50m if the activities in the account through the 4-months period has substantial credits (i.e inflows) and if the closing balance shows a substantial increment in excess of the 50m.

but any lump sum (especially if it is not a regular inflow) must be explained.
Nkem99:
Good morning everyone
Please does someone need to explain a lump sum when the person’s opening balance is over 50m. Is it applicant or sponsor that will explain (the balance is from sponsor’s account)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kiari: 9:32am On Jun 08, 2022
Anon123:

Yes.. as many times as you want
Thank you Beautiful Human kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 9:36am On Jun 08, 2022
Timex146:
Good morning everyone

The bolded is the issue...

You are going to Canada without any account statement of yours .

Again, your sponsor, you will need to explain with evidence your relationship with him..
Substantial evidence!

Have you paid any amount towards your tuition?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 9:37am On Jun 08, 2022
Nkem99:
Good morning everyone
Please does someone need to explain a lump sum when the person’s opening balance is over 50m. Is it applicant or sponsor that will explain (the balance is from sponsor’s account)

If the opening balance was 50m, during the period on the statement, were there lump sums.

You will need to explain yours. As for the sponsor, the employment docs will suffice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 9:40am On Jun 08, 2022
Priceless25:
Good morning house, please I submitted my application yesterday via the new portal but due to the 2MB limit, some documents weren't added as I kept compressing and all I could get to was 4MB minimum, I had to remove some documents to reduce it to 2MB.. How do I upload those documents I left out please

Wen you compressed, were the docs visible to the eye..

Why did you use the old portal that allows docs of 4mb.

You will need to send the remaining via webform or email

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 9:42am On Jun 08, 2022
Timex146:
Thank you

My tuition is 18k dollars. I paid tuition deposit of almost 9k dollars and he still presented 22k dollars. Although he has 4 kids and of course a wife who is my sister

did you mention the bolded in your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 9:45am On Jun 08, 2022
Timex146:
Thank you

I ordered it on Monday. My tuition is 18k dollars, I paid 9k deposit, my brother-in-law presented 22k dollars. He’s married to my sister and they have 4 kids. I didn’t present my personal bank statement because I don’t have any savings there although I have a brother who has said he will gift me money. Like 2-3 million. I don’t know if that will fly

You are the applicant coming to Canada and as such, you are expected to demonstrate financial capability to study in Canada.

Your sponsor is far away Nigeria, therefore it's not logical your tuition fees and living expenses is dependent on someone not in the same country as you.

You should have had this 2-3m transfer sent to you, attached a gift deed and then submit.

Do not mention your sponsor has kids. It further makes the visa doubt that that 22kcad will actually be made available to you when the sponsor has family and business of his to cater for .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Timex146: 9:47am On Jun 08, 2022
No I didn’t

Anon123:

did you mention the bolded in your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Timex146: 9:51am On Jun 08, 2022
Thanks so much.
I plan to do that in my next application

Anon123:

You are the applicant coming to Canada and as such, you are expected to demonstrate financial capability to study in Canada.

Your sponsor is far away Nigeria, therefore it's not logical your tuition fees and living expenses is dependent on someone not in the same country as you.

You should have had this 2-3m transfer sent to you, attached a gift deed and then submit.

Do not mention your sponsor has kids. It further makes the visa doubt that that 22kcad will actually be made available to you when the sponsor has family and business of his to cater for .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 9:57am On Jun 08, 2022
Timex146:
No I didn’t

Good.. don't do that at all

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Philthomas649: 10:00am On Jun 08, 2022
atiteb4:
Please for those that travelled recently especially with Egyptair, were you asked for your enrollment letter in Naija and Canada?

When is your travel date?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Priceless25: 10:07am On Jun 08, 2022
@Anon123.. I have done that already. Thanks boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Olashile147: 10:11am On Jun 08, 2022
Pls house I need anyone that apply to Coast Mountain College or present student of this college for enquries.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by olokings(m): 10:50am On Jun 08, 2022
Hellos Anon

If I am clear, does this mean that irrespective of the long processing time (55 weeks) for the SOWP, the primary applicant's (Study permit) and other dependents' will be addressed within the normal TRV study permit / visitor Visa processing duration of 11-12 weeks?

Anon123:

Yes you can but please note, an open spousal work permit takes 12months, so your husband application might be delayed fr a long time but
a decision will be made on the visiting. Approval here is dependent on the person applying for a study permit(primary applicant)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nkem99: 10:52am On Jun 08, 2022
[quote author=Anon123 post=113592633]

The opening balance is 50 million but the closing balance is 30million . With a lot of out flow. Most of the lump sum came from his company account but I don’t know where the other two lumps sum s( 5 million each ) came from . But I have explained
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by oloyede1(m): 10:57am On Jun 08, 2022
I started filling up the form on the ircc website but I later got to know it's the old
portal although I have not completed filling the forms.

Do I use the new application portal or continue to use the old application portal

Please, advise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 11:02am On Jun 08, 2022
oloyede1:
I started filling up the form on the ircc website but I later got to know it's the old
portal although I have not completed filling the forms.

Do I use the new application portal or continue to use the old application portal

Please, advise.

Whether old or new portal, your processing time will be your processing time.

Old portal has more advantages such as payment in Naira and ability to upload many 4MB size documents

New Portal is easier to fill though.

I recommend continuing with the old portal since you have already begun.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Fardowsa: 11:28am On Jun 08, 2022
Congratulations o! I'm waiting for mine too, inshaAllah
Omoba95:
Goodday Guys!!
I am the one the Lord has shown mercy on this glorious day

Kindly join me in thanking the King of Kings & Lord of Lords who made today possible despite how I almost lost faith

With Jesus joy, I announce to that I have received my PPR!!!

Second time applicant

God is too faithful to leave us, just trust in him & you won’t regret it.

I join my faith with everyone still expecting & declare we shall all testify of God’s goodness soonest

(Ps: I had the above saved in my notes in faith before even getting PPR)

I also remember posting sometime in May about receiving PPR before the end of the month & nothing happened, little did I know God had other plans

PPR landed June 1st, 2022, however; I didn’t know about it till June 3rd, 2022.

Timeline below ��

First Application;
Applied Nov 22nd, 2021
Upfront Medicals : April 3rd, 2021
Updated to pass: No idea (didn’t have access to my portal)
Eligibility review: No idea (didn’t have access to my portal)
Breakfast of life lol: March 23,2022

Reason for refusal: ‘I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, based on personal assets and financial assets’

I cried my eyes out & almost lost all hope, called my agent to ask for a way forward and if I should stop attending classes & defer the remaining semesters. The thought of the time, energy & money spent made the tears roll out well �

P.s- I had resumed classes online (started January, 2022),it hasn’t been a funny situation especially with the time difference & economy issues but I thank God & I am currently in my second semester in centennial college. It’s a 2years program.

*Back to my timeline gist*
After careful review of my previous application, it was spotted that my Dad’s account(my sponsor) had an explained lump sum of about 13m that entered at once. So we knew where to tackle while waiting for my GCMS notes.

Things I did differently;
Gave a detailed LOE of the lump sum
Printed a new bank statement, this time the opening balance covered the lump sum with more inflow compared to the last statement
I paid my full tuition for the first year
Got a notarized gift of deed of 5m in my personal account
Submitted my first semester Academic transcript
Added a lot of Prayers too (very important)

Second Application:
Submitted April 10, 2022
Eligibility review started: May 11, 2022
PPR: June 1st, 2022

I have also booked for a new Medicals since the previous one has expired to avoid immigration stories/wahala, I was surprised I didn’t get a medical request with my second application.

The feeling has been surreal, patiently waiting for my passport because I don’t even know where to start from, any suggestions will be appreciated. �

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Inyas2015: 11:31am On Jun 08, 2022
Please if you’be prodigy finance for this Canada, i need your help for some information. It’s urgent please ��

(1) (2) (3) ... (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.