Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,827 members, 7,831,690 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (631) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (921399 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Fardowsa: 11:52am On Jun 08, 2022
hi, everyone. i'm trying to log into my gckey account but when i click on continue it's going back to the homepage. i have no idea. pls help
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chuksiesmom: 11:56am On Jun 08, 2022
Congratulations

Omoba95:
Goodday Guys!!
I am the one the Lord has shown mercy on this glorious day

Kindly join me in thanking the King of Kings & Lord of Lords who made today possible despite how I almost lost faith

With Jesus joy, I announce to that I have received my PPR!!!

Second time applicant

God is too faithful to leave us, just trust in him & you won’t regret it.

I join my faith with everyone still expecting & declare we shall all testify of God’s goodness soonest

(Ps: I had the above saved in my notes in faith before even getting PPR)

I also remember posting sometime in May about receiving PPR before the end of the month & nothing happened, little did I know God had other plans

PPR landed June 1st, 2022, however; I didn’t know about it till June 3rd, 2022.

Timeline below ��

First Application;
Applied Nov 22nd, 2021
Upfront Medicals : April 3rd, 2021
Updated to pass: No idea (didn’t have access to my portal)
Eligibility review: No idea (didn’t have access to my portal)
Breakfast of life lol: March 23,2022

Reason for refusal: ‘I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, based on personal assets and financial assets’

I cried my eyes out & almost lost all hope, called my agent to ask for a way forward and if I should stop attending classes & defer the remaining semesters. The thought of the time, energy & money spent made the tears roll out well �

P.s- I had resumed classes online (started January, 2022),it hasn’t been a funny situation especially with the time difference & economy issues but I thank God & I am currently in my second semester in centennial college. It’s a 2years program.

*Back to my timeline gist*
After careful review of my previous application, it was spotted that my Dad’s account(my sponsor) had an explained lump sum of about 13m that entered at once. So we knew where to tackle while waiting for my GCMS notes.

Things I did differently;
Gave a detailed LOE of the lump sum
Printed a new bank statement, this time the opening balance covered the lump sum with more inflow compared to the last statement
I paid my full tuition for the first year
Got a notarized gift of deed of 5m in my personal account
Submitted my first semester Academic transcript
Added a lot of Prayers too (very important)

Second Application:
Submitted April 10, 2022
Eligibility review started: May 11, 2022
PPR: June 1st, 2022

I have also booked for a new Medicals since the previous one has expired to avoid immigration stories/wahala, I was surprised I didn’t get a medical request with my second application.

The feeling has been surreal, patiently waiting for my passport because I don’t even know where to start from, any suggestions will be appreciated. �

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Mmasomma: 12:05pm On Jun 08, 2022
Good afternoon everyone, please we received request for medicals, my husband ( the principal applicant (, myself, our last son, my other son is an American, but for my daughter her medical from didn't come. The agents said her application was cancelled, she's 7 years and he filled visit visa for her. He has sent message to them to enquire the reason.
Please my people, what could be the problem. Will it take time to get a response.

Secondly, is it wise to book medicals online with IOM ikeja, or go there directly. The crowd is much.

Thirdly, can one get refusal after medicals.

God bless you all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Thomsyne(m): 12:06pm On Jun 08, 2022
Omoba95:
Goodday Guys!!

Kindly join me in thanking the King of Kings & Lord of Lords who made today possible despite how I almost lost faith

Second time applicant

I join my faith with everyone still expecting & declare we shall all testify of God’s goodness soonest

I also remember posting sometime in May about receiving PPR before the end of the month & nothing happened, little did I know God had other plans

Timeline below ��

First Application;
Applied Nov 22nd, 2021

Reason for refusal: ‘I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, based on personal assets and financial assets’

I cried my eyes out & almost lost all hope, called my agent to ask for a way forward and if I should stop attending classes & defer the remaining semesters. The thought of the time, energy & money spent made the tears roll out well �

P.s- I had resumed classes online (started January, 2022),it hasn’t been a funny situation especially with the time difference & economy issues but I thank God & I am currently in my second semester in centennial college. It’s a 2years program.

After careful review of my previous application, it was spotted that my Dad’s account(my sponsor) had an explained lump sum of about 13m that entered at once. So we knew where to tackle while waiting for my GCMS notes.

Printed a new bank statement, this time the opening balance covered the lump sum with more inflow compared to the last statement

Second Application:
Submitted April 10, 2022

I have also booked for a new Medicals since the previous one has expired to avoid immigration stories/wahala, I was surprised I didn’t get a medical request with my second application.

The feeling has been surreal, patiently waiting for my passport because I don’t even know where to start from, any suggestions will be appreciated. �

Congratulations Chief. How many months bank statement did you use for your Dad’s statement of account?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by borvick(f): 1:12pm On Jun 08, 2022
Congrats Omoba95, May the land of Canada favour you in Jesus name. Please can you help me with how you tackle to lump sum? my email is borvick@yahoo.com. Thanks a lot.

Omoba95:
Goodday Guys!!

Second time applicant

Timeline below ��

First Application;
Applied Nov 22nd, 2021

Second Application:
Submitted April 10, 2022

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by gazu007: 1:43pm On Jun 08, 2022
Hi everyone, its PPR.

Timeline:

Applied April 30th
Upfront medical uploaded the same day
Medical Passed May 30th
PPR/BVL June 3
Eligibility check updated June 7th
Eligibility updated April 30th (still confused)
Passport sent to Abuja June 4th
Passport received June 8th

I thank God almighty my author and finisher.

I will post the documents submitted later.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by gazu007: 1:47pm On Jun 08, 2022
gazu007:
Hi everyone, its PPR.

Timeline:

Applied April 30th
Medical Passed May 30th
PPR/BVL June 3

**Background check update April 30th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by gazu007: 2:14pm On Jun 08, 2022
gazu007:

**Background check update April 30th

LOI - June 8th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Aitchugo: 2:26pm On Jun 08, 2022
Hello guys..I sent my passport to VFS abuja on June 2nd and it was delivered to Abuja on Monday. But I was told vfs was meant to send me tracking ID to confirm they've received it. But I've not gotten it. Please help me. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omoba95(f): 2:29pm On Jun 08, 2022
6 months

Thomsyne:

Congratulations Chief. How many months bank statement did you use for your Dad’s statement of account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by LAGI69: 2:31pm On Jun 08, 2022
Good day house,

I hope we are all good. I am currently a student in Canada expected to finish by December, I have a younger brother in uni who is expected to finish in 2026, mins you we came around the same period.

I have my youngest sister in Nigeria who is 17/18, she also wants to apply to come study from January next year.

What advice can you give me please in terms of family ties back home and in Canada and also funds for stay for her.

I would appreciate any and all advice. Thank you.
NB: she just gained admission into a uni in Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omoba95(f): 2:37pm On Jun 08, 2022
Amen! Thank you.

I think it’s better I answer the question incase anyone else might be facing same issues.

First of all, my Dad had to pay my complete school fees & also transfer my living expenses of about 5m to my account, which I notarized as a gift deed. So, I submitted my 6 months account statement which I didn’t include in the first application.

Also, my first application was in Nov, 2021(same time the lump sum happened), my second application didn’t display that lump sum this time instead it was his opening balance & there had been steady inflows from his business transactions so his closing balance was higher.

The LOE did the rest of work. (My Agent handled that part)

My advise is to either build your account statement well or give a detailed LOE incase of a lump sum

I hope this helps.

borvick:

Congrats Omoba95, May the land of Canada favour you in Jesus name. Please can you help me with how you tackle to lump sum? my email is borvick@yahoo.com. Thanks a lot.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chuksiesmom: 2:46pm On Jun 08, 2022
Congrats

gazu007:
Hi everyone, its PPR.

Timeline:

Applied April 30th
Medical Passed May 30th
PPR/BVL June 3

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mazeb: 2:47pm On Jun 08, 2022
For Express Entry profile, what equivalent do you choose for Nigerian Law school since WES evaluated it as a Post Graduate degree
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by gazu007: 2:48pm On Jun 08, 2022
Aitchugo:
Hello guys..I sent my passport to VFS abuja on June 2nd and it was delivered to Abuja on Monday. But I was told vfs was meant to send me tracking ID to confirm they've received it. But I've not gotten it. Please help me. Thank you

Hello same happened to me so I logged in to the VFS site and chatted with them to get my tracking ID and I was able to track myself.
https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/track-application#. (click on web chat and give them your DOB and name)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by gazu007: 3:08pm On Jun 08, 2022
gazu007:
Hi everyone, its PPR.

Timeline:

Applied April 30th
Medical Passed May 30th
PPR/BVL June 3

Documents submitted
New portal
LOE explaining bulk payments
SOP
Letter of introduction from my office
Letter of employment
leave approval
Children's birth certificates
UK MBA certificate
WES valuation for BSc and MBA
IELTS
MBS (dollar and salary account)
NYSC, NIN
past visas (including existing Canada visit)
passport photo
LOA - Cambrian college
Letter for coop
receipt of 1st semester
1 year PGD
I sent webform every week b4 my medicals was updated. I also sent a web form to Nairobi a day before i got my PPR.

thank you to Frank who I reached out to when I made some errors and he told me what to do.

I also prayed and fasted - next level prayer

God will do it for everyone expecting IJN Amen

Thank you

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 3:15pm On Jun 08, 2022
mazeb:
For Express Entry profile, what equivalent do you choose for Nigerian Law school since WES evaluated it as a Post Graduate degree

Master's degree or Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed occupation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 3:17pm On Jun 08, 2022
LAGI69:
Good day house,

I hope we are all good. I am currently a student in Canada expected to finish by December, I have a younger brother in uni who is expected to finish in 2026, mins you we came around the same period.

I have my youngest sister in Nigeria who is 17/18, she also wants to apply to come study from January next year.

What advice can you give me please in terms of family ties back home and in Canada and also funds for stay for her.

I would appreciate any and all advice. Thank you.
NB: she just gained admission into a uni in Canada.
For family ties you don't have to worry about whether or not you are residing in Canada. Since your parents and other siblings are still in Nigeria, you should be fine.

For funding, funding must be provided for her. Your sister should find a way to show she is financially sufficient to study.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mazeb: 3:18pm On Jun 08, 2022
ShowYoung:

Master's degree or Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed occupation.

Thanks @ShowYoung,

Do you know if anyone’s application has been approved with it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by desmond0001(m): 3:19pm On Jun 08, 2022
Please I forgot to add my credentials( B.SC, ACA, NYSC) to the application I submitted on the 30th June, 2022. Can I upload using the email stated below:

High Commission, Lagos
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 3:23pm On Jun 08, 2022
mazeb:

Thanks @ShowYoung,

Do you know if anyone’s application has been approved with it.

Nigerians and Mr Thomas Doubter!

Why ask this kind of question?

I expect you to ask if WES or other bodies doing ECA has assessed anyone's law school credential to be so equal.

That's what WES or other bodies doing ECA will assess your credentials to be.

Your credential is a professional degree needed for licensing. It doesn't mean it's a master's degree; if WES or others assess your credentials to be so equal, so it's.

Your academic credentials alone doesn't determine whether or not IRCC will approve your EE application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by LAGI69: 3:24pm On Jun 08, 2022
ShowYoung:

For family ties you don't have to worry about whether or not you are residing in Canada. Since your parents and other siblings are still in Nigeria, you should be fine.

For funding, funding must be provided for her. Your sister should find a way to show she is financially sufficient to study.

Thank you. She is the last child in Nigeria, the rest of us (2) are here in Canada. For funding, all that is covered by my dad.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Abi2022: 3:24pm On Jun 08, 2022
Mine was done April 25. till now no update. Will wait till tomorrow before sending emails.

ShowYoung:

Medical Examination Result is uploaded to IRCC within 3 - 10 working days.

I think you should wait for more working days. Also, you can submit your e-medical slip via webforms and emails
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 3:30pm On Jun 08, 2022
Abi2022:
Mine was done April 25. till now no update. Will wait till tomorrow before sending emails.

IOM do take 3 - 10 working days to send to IRCC.
IRCC do take 30 or more days to update profile. You may want to start bordering them by sending mails and through webforms. Your profile could be updated any time soon as it has reached 40+ days
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 3:32pm On Jun 08, 2022
LAGI69:

Thank you. She is the last child in Nigeria, the rest of us (2) are here in Canada. For funding, all that is covered by my dad.

With good SOP, all these would be addressed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mazeb: 3:33pm On Jun 08, 2022
ShowYoung:

Nigerians and Mr Thomas Doubter!

Why ask this kind of question?

I expect you to ask if WES or other bodies doing ECA has assessed anyone's law school credential to be so equal.

That's what WES or other bodies doing ECA will assess your credentials to be.

Your credential is a professional degree needed for licensing. It doesn't mean it's a master's degree; if WES or others assess your credentials to be so equal, so it's.

Your academic credentials alone doesn't determine whether or not IRCC will approve your EE application.

WES actually evaluated it as Postgraduate diploma (one year)

So I should not choose masters of professional degree needed for licensing ?

I will appreciate information for anyone that has experienced the same issue.

I chose it as Masters or equivalent when submitting my application so I now worried if it will affect my application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Baphil: 3:37pm On Jun 08, 2022
Raise a webform to Nairobi and attach the mentioned documents. This should help.

desmond0001:
Please I forgot to add my credentials( B.SC, ACA, NYSC) to the application I submitted on the 30th June, 2022. Can I upload using the email stated below:

High Commission, Lagos
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Thomsyne(m): 3:38pm On Jun 08, 2022
Omoba95:
6 months

Nice thanks. Congratulations once again.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Baphil: 3:41pm On Jun 08, 2022
Congratulations are in order because this request indicates your PPR is on the way. Upload the Medical report again (as long as you are sure it has not expired) and submit. Your PPR is sure to come in a few days.

Nwachinemelu226:
Good afternoon everyone,

Please I submitted my application April 19 and got biometrics request same day but not medicals. I did upfront medicals on May 9 at IOM and raised a cse to let IRCC know about this. This morning I got a medical request. What could be the issue or what do i do now as I already did an upfront medical which i informed them about.

Please help! thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by desmond0001(m): 3:43pm On Jun 08, 2022
I believe webform is raised when we have outcome of our application? correct me if I am wrong.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by desmond0001(m): 3:44pm On Jun 08, 2022
Baphil:
Raise a webform to Nairobi and attach the mentioned documents. This should help.

I believe webform is raised when we have outcome of our application? correct me if I am wrong.

(1) (2) (3) ... (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) ... (920)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.