Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,986 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (704) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (908100 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (701) (702) (703) (704) (705) (706) (707) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kichi2000: 1:47pm On Jun 21, 2022
Hello great people. Please I have a question. Is it possible to change school upon arrival? That is if one obtains visa here with the admission letter of a school and then upon arrival, switch to another school
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by sinorte: 1:53pm On Jun 21, 2022
Congratulations! Now that's some speed.

Itsdone2022:
Its PPR!!!!! Jesus did it for my family....all Glory to God!!!!!!

Timeline

Upfront medicals for family: 5th of May
Application submitted: 2nd of June
Biometrics: 7th of June and updated same day
Medical Updated: 20th of June for me
PPR: 20th of June
Hubby: Study visa
Spouse: SOWP
Kids: study permit though they are American citizens

• All IMM forms
• POF documents
Scholarship letter
Evidence of acceptance fee payment
Sponsor’s coy account & documents (mother-in-law)
Sponsor’s personal account & mutual fund accts
Letter of sponsorship
Affidavit of support
Landed property for Sponsor
Applicant’s mutual fund acct
Spouse’s mutual fund acct
Letter of consent from spouse

• Client Info
SOP (4 pages)
Employment letter
ID card
Resume
Letter of introduction from company
4 months payslip
Pension account
Property valuation doc & Title document
MSc & BSc certificates
Professional certificates
NYSC certificate
Family pictures & many pictures with sponsor
Police clearance certificate
General IELTS

Few things to note:
****We used a conditional letter but wrote a letter stating that the ASUU strike was causing a delay in fulfilling the conditions of the letter****.
1. Sponsor transferred to my hubby’s account & he moved it to his mutual funds acct. We did a POF breakdown that showed the money we had was more than enough to cover the study duration.
2. For the kids LOA, hubby wrote a letter quoting the Canada immigration law that states the kids don’t need to have an admission offer before coming. Only their birth certificate was uploaded.
3. There was a table of content for every section.
4. Under my SOWP, I submitted the same SOP my husband used. Didn’t write a different one. I also added my own credentials and CV in my Client Info section.
5. A week after submission, we sent our salary bank statements & his study leave letter.
6. We have valid UK & US visas. Submitted all prior visas and stamped pages.
7. Most importantly, lots of prayers and praise.

A lot of questions were answered for me just by reading this thread. I pray that this inexplicable joy goes round in Jesus name!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Calebbold: 1:56pm On Jun 21, 2022
Teekay20:
URGENT
Gmorning everyone, please do I really need to show the enrollment letter before I can be allowed to board with the immigration officers here? My school won't allow me register for courses until July 12th and I had already booked for a flight ticket on the 7th. Please what can I do about this, Thank you Sir/ Ma

Ask your school to send you an official letter stating that you are not allowed to register for your courses till 12th July 2022. Show this letter to the immigration officers at the airport when they ask for your enrollment letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 1:58pm On Jun 21, 2022
Deronke1:
Sending webforms and email, must it be sent with the email used in application or I can use another email in as much as the application number is stated?

You must use the email used in your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Deronke1: 1:59pm On Jun 21, 2022
Thanks

ShowYoung:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omorocky: 2:00pm On Jun 21, 2022
Please house can I use different email addresss from the one on the application to send a webform since the UCI and application number are the same?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 2:01pm On Jun 21, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 2:01pm On Jun 21, 2022
Deronke1:
But you are eligible to apply for PR after 1 year work experience. So it's possible to remain in canada even if it is not a pgwp approved school.

Yes, you are eligible to apply for PR after the 1 year full-time work experience you get from your PGWP in which will make you eligible to apply for the CEC - Canadian Experience Class category of Express Entry. That's why it is advisable to go for a 2 years program or finish one program and go for a second program (which means you need to extend your study permit for the second program) to be eligible for the 2-3 years PGWP.

To your second question, from my finding it's a yes, but that would likely be a Visitor visa which you must apply for, but unfortunately you can't work with a Visitors visa.

In the best interest of an international student, he/she should go for a Program in a school that is a DLI (Designated Learning Institute) and offers PGWP (POST GRADUATE WORK PERMIT) Very Important

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by OAT2: 2:09pm On Jun 21, 2022
Whats the Visa success rate of those that use Mpower finance for their graduate studies?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by yeleola: 2:19pm On Jun 21, 2022
Chemgeek6:

Bro, any update?
I am 15th November.

Am January 15th applicant. I Neva hear anything. This is serious. Don't let us lose hope. We will laugh before the week runs out .

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrprolifik: 2:24pm On Jun 21, 2022
Chemgeek6:
Hi fam,
Please how do I know which one is the old and new IRCC website?
What should be the content (like, what information should I add?) of the email to send? My application is overdue, yet no response/update from IRCC.
Thanks for your response in advance.

New Ircc portal login;
https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

Old Ircc website also known as gckey portal login;
https://clegc-gckey.gc.ca/j/eng/l?ReqID=s28250d3d00659f7e64bfb60a7a5a061a88fa932c5

People refer to the 2 portals on this platform ,when they are in the process of submitting a visa application for visit or study purposes. The major differences between the 2 websites is that ;
when submitting an application using the new portal you dont need to download any form and you wont upload a passport photograph of your self and it is pretty straight forward to complete. But the major disadvantage of the new portal is that you wont be able to upload any document larger than 2mb in size.
When submitting an application using the old portal ( gckey portal) the process is longer and you would need to download and validate about 3 forms , depending on if you are the only applicant or more forms if your spouse and other family member is applying with you. You will also upload a passport photograph of the applicant . The major advantage of using the gckey portal is that you can upload a document up to 4mb in size.
So since in your own case , you have already submitted your application and you are waiting for a decision . Your best choice is to contact IRCC using webform , or if you know the location of the embassy handling your application you can send them an email to enquire about your application.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by OLAMINREWA(m): 2:52pm On Jun 21, 2022
I am yet to see anyone on this thread that used MPOWER loan rejected...

Good luck

OAT2:
Whats the Visa success rate of those that use Mpower finance for their graduate studies?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by OLAMINREWA(m): 2:55pm On Jun 21, 2022
According to what I have read here, it is possible to change school but with a condition. You must start with your initial school then pull out mid way to start afresh with your new school.

Wait for gurus for clarification...

Good luck

kichi2000:
Hello great people. Please I have a question. Is it possible to change school upon arrival? That is if one obtains visa here with the admission letter of a school and then upon arrival, switch to another school
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Arike999: 2:58pm On Jun 21, 2022
ShowYoung:

I have been a silent reader
Please help I lost my phone and just got a new one yesterday,I log in and I already have 8days to do medical and all the clinic is fully booked
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 3:09pm On Jun 21, 2022
Arike999:

I have been a silent reader
Please help I lost my phone and just got a new one yesterday,I log in and I already have 8days to do medical and all the clinic is fully booked

Try a walk-in and explain to them. Since you got a medical examination request, and it's not upfront, either IOM or QLife will find you a slot.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrprolifik: 3:14pm On Jun 21, 2022
kichi2000:

According to IRCC to switch schools after obtaining your Visa you must also inform Them. If you are still in Nigeria for example and have gotten your visa and want to switch schools before travelling to Canada, you must inform IRCC and that also means that you would have to submit a new application with a new letter of acceptance. But if you have already landed in Canada and collected your study permit and later decided to switch schools when you haven't resumed the school you used in getting your study permit you are still required to alert IRCC and you will also be required to leave Canada to apply for a new study permit from home because the one you are already having will be cancelled and rendered invalid . So your best option is to attend the old school for some weeks or a month or 2 then withdraw from the school . In this case you will also alert IRCC but you wont be required to leave Canada to get a new study permit. This is your best option if you don't want to reapply from outside Canada.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Deronke1: 3:47pm On Jun 21, 2022
If you get a recommendation letter for Visa, can you send it as webform? Or just email it to them

I just got the recommendation letter after application. Please how do I update my application with it? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Haremuh(m): 4:08pm On Jun 21, 2022
Weldone FAM. Please who can help me review my SOP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Iremide2019: 4:12pm On Jun 21, 2022
Anyone in need of a room, 2 minutes to bus stop, 10 minutes drive to Fanshawe College, London Ontario. Has a laundary, kitchen and full washroom (3 bedroom apartment)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chemgeek6(m): 4:21pm On Jun 21, 2022
mrprolifik:

New Ircc portal login;
https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

Old Ircc website also known as gckey portal login;
https://clegc-gckey.gc.ca/j/eng/l?ReqID=s28250d3d00659f7e64bfb60a7a5a061a88fa932c5

People refer to the 2 portals on this platform ,when they are in the process of submitting a visa application for visit or study purposes. The major differences between the 2 websites is that ;
when submitting an application using the new portal you dont need to download any form and you wont upload a passport photograph of your self and it is pretty straight forward to complete. But the major disadvantage of the new portal is that you wont be able to upload any document larger than 2mb in size.
When submitting an application using the old portal ( gckey portal) the process is longer and you would need to download and validate about 3 forms , depending on if you are the only applicant or more forms if your spouse and other family member is applying with you. You will also upload a passport photograph of the applicant . The major advantage of using the gckey portal is that you can upload a document up to 4mb in size.
So since in your own case , you have already submitted your application and you are waiting for a decision . Your best choice is to contact IRCC using webform , or if you know the location of the embassy handling your application you can send them an email to enquire about your application.
This is very detailed and educating [quote author=mrprolifik post=114015941], thanks a bunch!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ijayken2: 4:25pm On Jun 21, 2022
Iremide2019:
Anyone in need of a room, 2 minutes to bus stop, 10 minutes drive to Fanshawe College, London Ontario. Has a laundary, kitchen and full washroom (3 bedroom apartment)

How much for a room
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Seun26rafael: 4:33pm On Jun 21, 2022
Good evening gurus in the house,I need y’all’s advice please.I started this whole study permit thing in 2020,Got my admission to Brandon university in February 2020,and paused everything due to the Covid and when it was a bit eased I started again.In January 2021 I did my biometrics and since then I didn’t get any update or something,In January 2022 I just had to withdraw the application because my admission had expired,I reapplied and got another admission to university of Manitoba and I reapplied for visa again using the new portal in March 2022 updated my biometrics and till now nothing yet,what could be going on guys?NB my cousin and I was in the whole process from 2020 till now doing the same thing we both reapplied in March and 17th of May 2022 he got his request for medicals and he has done that,but I haven’t gotten any response yet,what could be happening please.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bobomaigida: 4:45pm On Jun 21, 2022
OAT2:

I have not seen a scientific study that checks the approval rate of applicants with Mpower loans, that being said, there are have been instance where applicant with the loan were rejected, however, approval rate is higher. The applicant needs to prepare a good application showing the merits of their application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Tyga0001: 5:04pm On Jun 21, 2022
After countless number of emails to various Ircc emails, I got this this email evening, please can anyone deduce anything from this email. Also I have logged in and check but there is no new message in my account.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 5:13pm On Jun 21, 2022
Seun26rafael:
Good evening gurus in the house,I need y’all’s advice please.I started this whole study permit thing in 2020,Got my admission to Brandon university in February 2020,and paused everything due to the Covid and when it was a bit eased I started again.In January 2021 I did my biometrics and since then I didn’t get any update or something,In January 2022 I just had to withdraw the application because my admission had expired,I reapplied and got another admission to university of Manitoba and I reapplied for visa again using the new portal in March 2022 updated my biometrics and till now nothing yet,what could be going on guys?NB my cousin and I was in the whole process from 2020 till now doing the same thing we both reapplied in March and 17th of May 2022 he got his request for medicals and he has done that,but I haven’t gotten any response yet,what could be happening please.

Since you didn't get a Medical request, have you done an Upfront Medicals, if yes, has it been updated to PASSED on your profile ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ableman101: 5:18pm On Jun 21, 2022
Lekiboboe:

Yes, you are eligible to apply for PR after the 1 year full-time work experience you get from your PGWP in which will make you eligible to apply for the CEC - Canadian Experience Class category of Express Entry. That's why it is advisable to go for a 2 years program or finish one program and go for a second program (which means you need to extend your study permit for the second program) to be eligible for the 2-3 years PGWP.

To your second question, from my finding it's a yes, but that would likely be a Visitor visa which you must apply for, but unfortunately you can't work with a Visitors visa.

In the best interest of an international student, he/she should go for a Program in a school that is a DLI (Designated Learning Institute) and offers PGWP (POST GRADUATE WORK PERMIT) Very Important

Hello boss. Please in filling form A. What am I to fill in the IBan and swift code section. Is it the ones generated by the school payment portal because I don’t have it with my personal bank account.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 5:30pm On Jun 21, 2022
Ableman101:

Hello boss. Please in filling form A. What am I to fill in the IBan and swift code section. Is it the ones generated by the school payment portal because I don’t have it with my personal bank account.
Hi Chief,

I have no idea

Await a based on experience response from those who used Form A of recent.

Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 5:46pm On Jun 21, 2022
Ableman101:

Check your invoice from Flywire, CIBC or others, Swift Code must be written there. For IBAN, if it's not written there, you will see Routing number; insert the routing number.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Seun26rafael: 5:46pm On Jun 21, 2022
Lekiboboe:

Since you didn't get a Medical request, have you done an Upfront Medicals, if yes, has it been updated to PASSED on your profile ?

I haven’t,still waiting for a medical request.My cousin and I did the same thing,same day too but he got a request for medicals and I didn’t.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 5:58pm On Jun 21, 2022
Seun26rafael:

I haven’t,still waiting for a medical request.My cousin and I did the same thing,same day too but he got a request for medicals and I didn’t.

Note that " no two application is the same". Cos your cousin got medical request doesn't mean you gonna get it or get it at the same time frame , the visa officer handling your cousin's application is different from yours.

Your best move now is to go ahead to do an UPFRONT MEDICALS Asap

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ableman101: 5:59pm On Jun 21, 2022
ShowYoung:

Check your invoice from Flywire, CIBC or others, Swift Code must be written there. For IBAN, if it's not written there, you will see Routing number; insert the routing number.

Ok its there. But one more thing. The invoice I got from CIBc was not the fee I should originally pay so I am waiting to redo a new payment after 2 to 3 days. But I want to know if the swift code and Iban code doesn’t change for the bank so I can continue with filling the form A.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Hafeez6948: 6:04pm On Jun 21, 2022
Abeg any March Applicant here make e no be like sey na only me remain for d March. And for others that have been waiting since before march, Respect � e no easy. May God come through for all of us.

I was wandering if IRCC are still legally within their rights to delay application this long, cuz i know some people who applied since January and are still waiting. I will say thats pure evil to be honest. There are underlying financial cost, emotional cost and mental health issues that people are experiencing. For example i missed out on my admission in ireland and turned down a job offer up north in hopes that ppr is incoming.

To the Lawyers in here, there must be something we can do to help our situation, maybe a petition or online awareness campaign or something, cuz me am not buying the "high volume applications and covid excuses" for the delay, each Applicant paid application fee, let them use from that money to temporarily increase their workforce and processing capacity to offset the backlogs. They are being biased to underdeveloped countries

Early rejection is better than rejection after 5 months of wait

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (701) (702) (703) (704) (705) (706) (707) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.