Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,991 members, 7,835,328 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (705) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (925738 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (702) (703) (704) (705) (706) (707) (708) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Deronke1: 6:07pm On Jun 21, 2022
Deronke1:
If you get a recommendation letter for Visa, can you send it as webform? Or just email it to them

I just got the recommendation letter after application. Please how do I update my application with it? Thanks

Wow, I asked this question and didn't get a response, but I sent a webform like that, few minutes after, it got updated, biometrics and medical passed. By God's grace o, I hope I get ppr soon.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 21, 2022
….
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 6:19pm On Jun 21, 2022
Ableman101:

Ok its there. But one more thing. The invoice I got from CIBc was not the fee I should originally pay so I am waiting to redo a new payment after 2 to 3 days. But I want to know if the swift code and Iban code doesn’t change for the bank so I can continue with filling the form A.

IBAN and Swift code are always the same for the same institution if the bank account number is static.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teenie19(f): 6:20pm On Jun 21, 2022
Hello everyone,

My sis submitted form A application at polaris. Bank and it was approved since May 16 but no debit. Please what banks are the best to use for a faster transaction? Thank you very much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 21, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 6:29pm On Jun 21, 2022
Litey8:

I need some clarification please. Below is my timeline:

Submitted Application on 5th of April
Biometric on 20th of April. Biometric got updated same day on my account.

I haven’t received any further updates till date. I didn’t do upfront medicals. I’m waiting for the request.

I applied through old portal(Gckey) and processing time is showing 12 weeks on the website. I’m to resume this fall.

Based on my timeline, Do I need to start sending emails now or still wait?

I await your inputs.

Thanks

Since you didn't get a medical request all these while, go and do an UPFRONT MEDICALS Asap so your application can be expedited.

If you send mails to IRCC, you will likely not get a response, cos your application is incomplete (no medicals).

It's when you have done your medicals, and it's updated to PASSED, you can now start sending IRCC webforms and Mails as regards your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Hanzat: 6:31pm On Jun 21, 2022
Hello, are you at Halifax Campus or Dartmouth?
You can always check Facebook marketplace or Kijiji for room space.
Also, the Nigerian community in Nova Scotia can be of help.
Rent varies, in both location.
Also, you don'thave to worry, transit between places is 15 mins max.
MaameU:
Are you still looking for accommodation or you found one already? I really need to find a place to rent before school starts in September. I prefer a place close to NSCC either short term or long term is okay. Any guidance or help will be appreciated. Can you provide your WhatsApp number so we can chat further about this?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 6:38pm On Jun 21, 2022
Litey8:

I haven’t received any further updates till date. I didn’t do upfront medicals. I’m waiting for the request.

I applied through old portal(Gckey) and processing time is showing 12 weeks on the website. I’m to resume this fall.

I await your inputs.

Thanks

Your application is less than 12 weeks, do not panic. Work is ongoing underground.

Another thing you could do to make them 'remember' your application is to book upfront medical examination.

Booking for medical may take weeks or more than a month to find a slot. I advise you book for a space now even though the next available date may be next month.

By so doing, they'll update your medical examination after your medical test has taken place: at least, this might make them touch other things like start eligibility review in your application as well .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 21, 2022

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrprolifik: 6:40pm On Jun 21, 2022
Litey8:

I await your inputs.

Thanks

Using the link below;
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-processing-times.html
According to their latest update processing a Canada study permit from Nigeria can take up to 19weeks . Using this link is better because you can select the country where you submitted your application.
Please also note that in calculating the processing time they didnt include the time it took you to do your biometrics or medicals.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Olashile147: 6:41pm On Jun 21, 2022
Any Cape Breton University postgraduate student on here I need to make some confirmation about the admission process pls.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Predator188: 6:42pm On Jun 21, 2022
Tyga0001:
After countless number of emails to various Ircc emails, I got this this email evening, please can anyone deduce anything from this email. Also I have logged in and check but there is no new message in my account.
I think Just a step before a decision will be made...
Application Status will still change from the "under review to under active review " when senior officer picks the application

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omorocky: 6:47pm On Jun 21, 2022
What is the processing timeline for Nigerians on study permit By
which one is due to send webforms?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ableman101: 6:50pm On Jun 21, 2022
ShowYoung:

IBAN and Swift code are always the same for the same institution if the bank account number is static.
Please I think I am getting it wrong. Please this information asked to fill here. Should they be the CIBc bank invoice information or my Nigerian bank information. And on the correspondence side too. Please.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by oppemipo(m): 6:54pm On Jun 21, 2022
12 weeks

Omorocky:
What is the processing timeline for Nigerians on study permit By
which one is due to send webforms?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 21, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 7:15pm On Jun 21, 2022
Litey8:

Thanks for your response. All dates in July on Qlife website shows “No Slots Available”. It was same since last week for June.

Please how do I book an appointment ASAP?

Try IOM here https://mymedical.iom.int/apps/omas/#_frmHome

I have just checked now, the next available date is July 25. Someone might pick it before you book it.

Also, always visit QLife website and refresh, there will still be open slots in early or mid July or you can call them.
https://www.qlifefamilyclinic.com/can-calendar

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bobinho10: 7:20pm On Jun 21, 2022
Please is letter of admission theasame as letter of acceptance? If No please what's the difference?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ableman101: 7:20pm On Jun 21, 2022
Ableman101:

Please I think I am getting it wrong. Please this information asked to fill here. Should they be the CIBc bank invoice information or my Nigerian bank information. And on the correspondence side too. Please.

Somebody familiar with form A should say something please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omnisavage: 7:21pm On Jun 21, 2022
Amen o. Please are you just praying for me or you know who it has happened to before and it resolved on it's own. I want to know if I need to send any mail to them. Thanks.

Best256:

About to be changed to "completed" soon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Blakmandk: 7:23pm On Jun 21, 2022
Thank You sir �
Frankrobbn1:

You must return home to get married to her before you can apply for her to join you in Canada. My advice in such situation is that you should get married immediately you've gotten your study permit approval in Nigeria.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 21, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 7:30pm On Jun 21, 2022
Good evening house,

Please who knows how i can get to IOM Ikeja from Palm groove for my medicals tomorrow and any tips as to the documents I'm supposed to take along?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 7:31pm On Jun 21, 2022
Litey8:

I just checked iom now. Is there any difference between doing medicals in Qlife and Iom? Might just proceed with iom since I can see an available date.

I await your response.

Thanks for your support
Both IOM and QLife are the approved Panel Clinics by IRCC.

I have a feeling QLife would still update their website and show more slots for first week and second week in July.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 7:34pm On Jun 21, 2022
Ableman101:

The first option is for the merchant you are making your payment through

The second is for the merchant's bank through which remittance will be made to your school of choice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 7:35pm On Jun 21, 2022
johnstan:
Good evening house,

Please who knows how i can get to IOM Ikeja from Palm groove for my medicals tomorrow and any tips as to the documents I'm supposed to take along?

From Palmgroove, board a bus to Maryland: from Maryland, treck to Ikeja GRA side and mount a trycycle to Isaac John Street, GRA, Ikeja.

Go there with your original Int'l passport, appointment letter/evidence and evidence of payment.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jenny255: 7:35pm On Jun 21, 2022
Which school are you paying for?

Send a mail, so I’ll forward a sample of what could help you.

Ableman101:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bobinho10: 7:37pm On Jun 21, 2022
Bobinho10:
Please is letter of admission theasame as letter of acceptance? If No please what's the difference?
Any answer?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 7:38pm On Jun 21, 2022
ShowYoung:

From Palmgroove, board a bus to Maryland: from Maryland, treck to Ikeja GRA side and mount a trycycle to Isaac John Street, GRA, Ikeja.

Go there with your original Int'l passport, appointment letter/evidence and evidence of payment.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jun 21, 2022
……
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 7:42pm On Jun 21, 2022
Litey8:

Okay. Thought as much. It’s weird cos last week no option to select July. Just checked today and saw July only to find out that no slot is available. If I can get a date first week or second week of July in Qlife then it’s better to wait.
Don't wait, book for IOM first; if eventually QLife opens a slot for earlier dates, you can book a slot with QLife and ignore IOM
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Deronke1: 7:43pm On Jun 21, 2022
Wow, I asked this question and didn't get a response, but I sent a webform like that, few minutes after, it got updated, biometrics and medical passed. By God's grace o, I hope I get ppr soon. [quote author=Deronke1 post=114023152][/quote]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (702) (703) (704) (705) (706) (707) (708) ... (920)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.