Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (763) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (908204 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (760) (761) (762) (763) (764) (765) (766) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemie22: 7:42pm On Jun 30, 2022
Teemie22:
Good morning, I just got my application approved, I plan to do my court wedding July ending. Should I inform ircc for change in marital status now or chill till I arrive in Canada?

Thanks
@Makano @lekiboboe @showyoung @CentennialGuy Please I need answer to this, I don’t want issues when my partner wants to apply for visit or SOWP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by highburygonner: 7:58pm On Jun 30, 2022
God did it. I give him all the praise. This would have been impossible without Him.

My journey to Canada began in 2014, when I submitted an application for the Federal Skilled Workers program. I sent my documents to Canada in December of 2014, and in April of 2015, I called to inquire about the status of my application, only to be informed that it had been returned to my address because the NOC that I applied for was full. I never received those documents back.

I was devastated, having invested time, effort, and money. My then agent requested that I reapply immediately through the newly introduced express entry program, as I met all of the requirements but was too emotionally exhausted to undergo the process again. I basically gave up on the Canadian dream.

Life goes on.

In 2017, my wife and I made the decision to try again. In 2018, I entered the pool, but my points were just too low to get an invitation to apply. I also applied for PNP in some provinces, but I wasn't selected. 

This time, however, we resolved not to give up. We will keep trying.

Going to Canada through study was never appealing to me.

All that changed last year, when we decided to try the study route. I came here to learn the requirements and the process involved. I was astounded by the quantity of information I received. I read parts 18–20 to gain a comprehensive understanding of the entire process. I discovered that I could do it myself after receiving loads of information here.

I applied and got admitted to some schools, but decided to settle for Seneca College (1 year program PG). 

After paying the 1st semester tuition fees in February, I realized that the available funds would not be enough to show proof of funds. We then decided to sell one of our properties. From the proceeds of the sales, I was able to pay the second semester tuition fees and send some money to my spouse's account for family upkeep (I did all these things to demonstrate that the lump sum was not intended for demonstration purposes).

Timeline:
Application submitted May 11th, 2022.
Biometric was done on the 16th of May, 2022 and was updated the same day.
I booked June 20, 2022 for an upfront medical at IOM.
Medical request in the early hours of June 18th. Omo I was excited.
Medical done: 20th of June
Medical updated: 22nd of June.
BVL: 30 June 2022
PPR: 30 June 2022

Documents submitted:
SOP
LOE (extensively explaining lump sum, breaking down proof of funds, etc.)
LOA
Tuition fees receipt (full year payment)
Attestation of Birth certificate
MBS (5 different accounts)
Police Character Certificate
NIN
Offer of appointment letter
Confirmation of offer of appointment letter
Salary increment letter
Recommendation letter from CEO
Reference letter from my immediate boss
Study leave approval letter
4 months payslips
4 months MBS salary acc.
Staff ID Card
Marriage certificate
Consent letter from spouse
Family pictures
Spouse's NIN and Birth certificate
Children' s NIN and Birth certificate

ND/ HND Certificate
WES evaluation
Résumé
Professional certificates
NYSC certificate
Properties (Valuation Reports)
Deed of assignment and power of Attorney of property sold
Cars (proof of ownership certificates)

A guy I did medical with on the 20th had his medical updated on the 23rd and received PPR on the 24th, so I was concerned when I didn't receive PPR after my medical was updated to pass. Due to this, anxiety nearly killed me.I was wondering why I had not yet received PPR and what could have caused the delay.
Yesterday at 4 p.m., I began sending emails to a number of email addresses found on this page. I submitted a web form to Nairobi as well.
Then, I received the golden mail this morning.
I believe that the email and web form did the trick.

A big shout out to Justmellow for writing an outstanding SOP and for reviewing my final documents.I emailed him a lengthy draft. He shortened it into a 3-page study plan, and it made a lot of sense, though I had to write an elaborate LOE.
Thanks to Frank for providing me with advice that altered the entirety of my application.
I am grateful to Anon for reviewing my documents at a very short notice.
God bless you all.
A special shout out to @ACTIVATEOLUWASE, a brother I met here. When I needed assistance with my Form A, he graciously walked me through the steps. Thanks brother. I eagerly anticipate your good news.
Thanks to all contributors, you are all doing a yoeman' s job. God bless you all.
God will certainly remember all PPR hopefuls.

I apologize for the long post.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Segun7201: 8:12pm On Jun 30, 2022
Good Evening
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CornOak(m): 8:20pm On Jun 30, 2022
Segun7201:
Good Evening my fellow Nairalands
Wait is it possible to travel to canada with student visa and work for a year and later continue studying

That's not possible.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Joedave25: 8:49pm On Jun 30, 2022
Why not drop the advice here for others to learn how to go about it rather than messaging you only.
Hope you get

amila20042001:
I wonder if everyone keeps messaging people on one on one basis, here will obviously be devoid of vital information

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by OYINKANSOLA66: 9:00pm On Jun 30, 2022
Congratulations sir.

I got medical: passed on the 22 June also

Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

What does this mean Biko �I only submitted June 3rd, should I send mails too(don’t yab me Biko, we all need that good news�)Lord I want to testify tooo.

highburygonner:
God did it. I give him all the praise. This would have been impossible without Him.

My journey to Canada began in 2014, when I submitted an application for the Federal Skilled Workers program. I sent my documents to Canada in December of 2014, and in April of 2015, I called to inquire about the status of my application, only to be informed that it had been returned to my address because the NOC that I applied for was full. I never received those documents back.

I was devastated, having invested time, effort, and money. My then agent requested that I reapply immediately through the newly introduced express entry program, as I met all of the requirements but was too emotionally exhausted to undergo the process again. I basically gave up on the Canadian dream.

Life goes on.

In 2017, my wife and I made the decision to try again. In 2018, I entered the pool, but my points were just too low to get an invitation to apply. I also applied for PNP in some provinces, but I wasn't selected. 

All that changed last year, when we decided to try the study route. I came here to learn the requirements and the process involved. I was astounded by the quantity of information I received. I read parts 18–20 to gain a comprehensive understanding of the entire process. I discovered that I could do it myself after receiving loads of information here.

I applied and got admitted to some schools, but decided to settle for Seneca College (1 year program PG). 

After paying the 1st semester tuition fees in February, I realized that the available funds would not be enough to show proof of funds. We then decided to sell one of our properties. From the proceeds of the sales, I was able to pay the second semester tuition fees and send some money to my spouse's account for family upkeep (I did all these things to demonstrate that the lump sum was not intended for demonstration purposes).

Timeline:

Documents submitted:
SOP
LOA
NIN
Salary increment letter
4 months payslips
4 months MBS salary acc.
Staff ID Card
Marriage certificate
Family pictures

ND/ HND Certificate
WES evaluation
Résumé
NYSC certificate

A guy I did medical with on the 20th had his medical updated on the 23rd and received PPR on the 24th, so I was concerned when I didn't receive PPR after my medical was updated to pass. Due to this, anxiety nearly killed me.I was wondering why I had not yet received PPR and what could have caused the delay.
Yesterday at 4 p.m., I began sending emails to a number of email addresses found on this page. I submitted a web form to Nairobi as well.

A big shout out to Justmellow for writing an outstanding SOP and for reviewing my final documents.I emailed him a lengthy draft. He shortened it into a 3-page study plan, and it made a lot of sense, though I had to write an elaborate LOE.
Thanks to Frank for providing me with advice that altered the entirety of my application.
God bless you all.
A special shout out to @ACTIVATEOLUWASE, a brother I met here. When I needed assistance with my Form A, he graciously walked me through the steps. Thanks brother. I eagerly anticipate your good news.
Thanks to all contributors, you are all doing a yoeman' s job. God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Uzoamaka123: 9:00pm On Jun 30, 2022
No you can’t .
Abby212:
Good evening all, please can I use a bank statement I got in April for an application to be submitted in July?

Congratulations to all the PPR receivers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by matthew080: 9:02pm On Jun 30, 2022
Baba pls I mailed you
Abeg let's talk
Deyoungjoe16:
PPR ALERT!!! FIRST TIME APPLICANT

My story;

I was super excited when I woke up around 10 am this morning and saw two notification mails from IRCC , then I knew it was it, started smiling and quickly logged in to confirm it was real. Lol…

Prior to getting the PPR this morning I had earlier woke up around 5 am to check the portal , lol cos I got series of ghost updates yesterday, but nothing was there.

__Application timeline__

Application submitted - 5th April 2022
Biometrics done and complete- 6th April 2022
Medicals report request - 28th May 2022
Eligibility Review - 28th may 2022
Medicals done at IOM Abuja -2nd June 2022
Medical passed - 8th june June 2022
Sent series of Emails via webform and mail to IRCC, from the 10th week up until yesterday, intermittently though.
PPR - 30th June 2022

Documents submitted(self sponsored)

- Letter of Acceptance with co-op letter
- SOP (2 pages)
- Intl passport
-proof of funds (Statement of account 4 months +with letter of reference from bank) and (investment letter from cowrywise )
-Cv
That should be all.

Funny enough, I wasn’t really focused on moving to canada, my priority was Portugal, because I read about many refusals and long wait time.

However, after I got medical request, I became interested and anxious, so reactivated my Nairaland account. I was shocked when I came I on Nairaland Saw different applicants with extremely well packaged applications backed with with so many documents and I felt like Omoh, I no serious oo, lol. But God did it!

Afterwards, I spoke to Frank global, Makano and Anon, they all said once I had gotten a medical request that my application was as good as approved, they gave me so much hope and I wanna take this opportunity to express my heartfelt gratitude to them. God bless you my bosses.

I gotta be honest, my application wasn’t the near top 10000th applications I saw here, but it’s all grace and faith my people. God did it!

Landing gist next, Canada here I come!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Sulla2742: 9:05pm On Jun 30, 2022
Hi fam if you got visa refusal you can order your gcms notes on this website at cool rate
Trusted and Reliable.

https://newrealmimmigration.com/gcms-notes/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by sinorte: 9:14pm On Jun 30, 2022
Congratulations

Deyoungjoe16:
PPR ALERT!!! FIRST TIME APPLICANT

My story;

I was super excited when I woke up around 10 am this morning and saw two notification mails from IRCC , then I knew it was it, started smiling and quickly logged in to confirm it was real. Lol…

Prior to getting the PPR this morning I had earlier woke up around 5 am to check the portal , lol cos I got series of ghost updates yesterday, but nothing was there.

__Application timeline__

Application submitted - 5th April 2022
Biometrics done and complete- 6th April 2022
Medicals report request - 28th May 2022
Eligibility Review - 28th may 2022
Medicals done at IOM Abuja -2nd June 2022
Medical passed - 8th june June 2022
Sent series of Emails via webform and mail to IRCC, from the 10th week up until yesterday, intermittently though.
PPR - 30th June 2022

Documents submitted(self sponsored)

- Letter of Acceptance with co-op letter
- SOP (2 pages)
- Intl passport
-proof of funds (Statement of account 4 months +with letter of reference from bank) and (investment letter from cowrywise )
-Cv
That should be all.

Funny enough, I wasn’t really focused on moving to canada, my priority was Portugal, because I read about many refusals and long wait time.

However, after I got medical request, I became interested and anxious, so reactivated my Nairaland account. I was shocked when I came I on Nairaland Saw different applicants with extremely well packaged applications backed with with so many documents and I felt like Omoh, I no serious oo, lol. But God did it!

Afterwards, I spoke to Frank global, Makano and Anon, they all said once I had gotten a medical request that my application was as good as approved, they gave me so much hope and I wanna take this opportunity to express my heartfelt gratitude to them. God bless you my bosses.

I gotta be honest, my application wasn’t the near top 10000th applications I saw here, but it’s all grace and faith my people. God did it!

Landing gist next, Canada here I come!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by sinorte: 9:14pm On Jun 30, 2022
Congratulations

Arike999:
I am a silent reader
PPR dropped for my sister today �
I pray for everyone expecting to receive Goodnews

Please how do we go about passport submission
Someone please help �

Anyone going to cape Breton university?
Or Nova Scotia
Please send mail to adetunjiadesola9966@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by pufframmy: 9:26pm On Jun 30, 2022
congrate

highburygonner:

Life goes on.

Timeline:

Documents submitted:
SOP
LOA
NIN
Salary increment letter
4 months payslips
4 months MBS salary acc.
Staff ID Card
Marriage certificate
Family pictures

ND/ HND Certificate
WES evaluation
Résumé
NYSC certificate

God bless you all.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Papapa1234: 9:35pm On Jun 30, 2022
Congratulations...God ooo,I did my medicals on the16th..God of PPR remember me oooo
I have sent mails tire oooooo
highburygonner:

Life goes on.

Timeline:

Documents submitted:
SOP
LOA
NIN
Salary increment letter
4 months payslips
4 months MBS salary acc.
Staff ID Card
Marriage certificate
Family pictures

ND/ HND Certificate
WES evaluation
Résumé
NYSC certificate

God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Papapa1234: 9:36pm On Jun 30, 2022
Pls are you for September 2022 or Jan 2023 intake?
highburygonner:

Life goes on.

Timeline:

Documents submitted:
SOP
LOA
NIN
Salary increment letter
4 months payslips
4 months MBS salary acc.
Staff ID Card
Marriage certificate
Family pictures

ND/ HND Certificate
WES evaluation
Résumé
NYSC certificate

God bless you all.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by cynthentic(f): 9:39pm On Jun 30, 2022
Joebaba1234:
Typically takes 3months max to get admission from Uof R ...
Dont worry u will be contacted i got admission not too long

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by SamuelOgunniyi: 9:55pm On Jun 30, 2022
Please can you tell me/us what you did differently that got your visa approved in less than a month.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Eden2018: 10:12pm On Jun 30, 2022
MrsOwoks:
Please I need suggestion on airline to book! embarassed
The amount I’m seeing ehn! Please any affordable flight to Canada abeg
did you check Egypt air?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Segun7201: 10:14pm On Jun 30, 2022
Thanks so Much Guys fot Your Updates!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by highburygonner: 10:15pm On Jun 30, 2022
Papapa1234:
Pls are you for September 2022 or Jan 2023 intake?
September.
Keep sending them mail.
Can't wait for your good news.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by highburygonner: 10:16pm On Jun 30, 2022
pufframmy:
congrate

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by highburygonner: 10:18pm On Jun 30, 2022
OYINKANSOLA66:
Congratulations sir.

I got medical: passed on the 22 June also

Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

What does this mean Biko �I only submitted June 3rd, should I send mails too(don’t yab me Biko, we all need that good news�)Lord I want to testify tooo.

Was it medical request?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Sensible11: 10:19pm On Jun 30, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Eden2018: 10:22pm On Jun 30, 2022
Chemgeek6:

Exactly what I was told too, because I still have like 1 year for it to expire, and I am afraid to start the process, before they will render my current passport invalid and then when it's time for me to submit my passport to IRCC then it will not be ready. Or after submitting to IRCC and then the new one comes, which I fear might make the previous one invalid. Please gurus, what is the best advice for this scenario?
your old passport remains valid until you get the new one. So go ahead and renew your passport if you need to. It's called migration if you still have more than six months validity on your passport
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by OYINKANSOLA66: 10:32pm On Jun 30, 2022
No sir

I did upfront Medical . June 22: You passed the medical exam.

highburygonner:

Was it medical request?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ojb555666: 10:39pm On Jun 30, 2022
Lekiboboe:

How many years till now have you been doing the Barista job at the Cafe?

What year did you graduate from the University?
1) four years
2) year 2011 but finished NYSC in 2013
3) I have 2:1 but long study gap
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Dozieee: 10:47pm On Jun 30, 2022
Good evening all. Please who knows a liable and trusted company/bank
I can get proof of funds?It's urgent please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 30, 2022
KejiT1:
Silent reader and first time poster on this thread.

MY GOD IS GOOD AND KIND TO ME!!!
HAA ,It's PPR for me and my Family.

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above ,and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness neither shadow of turning. Jam1:17

Student visa for me,
Study visa for my 4yr old daughter, and
SOWP for my husband.

Old Portal/Gckey.
Upfront medical. : May 12

Application submitted : June 8
Biometrics done&updated. : June 14
Ghost update. 1 : June 21
Medical passed : June 22
Eligibility started. : June 22
Ghost update 2. : June 28
PPR. : June 30

I'm grateful to God almighty for the entire process and success.
And I appreciate all the contributions form the various groups I'm in.
Nairaland,and Telegram groups like 9ja Canadian study support group, Ojc group and Travelling with kids group.

Document submitted are:

Letter of Acceptance
-UofGuelph conditional admission offer (2 years Master's of Management program)
- Emails to show I've met the conditions.
- Bsc Elect/Elect Eng certificate and Transcript
- Adv Diploma in Business management and Transcript
- BCS level 4 Certificate in I.T
-Professional Certificates
- IELTS
- RÉSUMÉ

POF.
- 1year Tuition 16,400 CAD receipt from Paymytuition.
- Email of Tuition payment advice
- Mpower loan 30k USD
- My Zenith Bank MBS of 5Million Naira
- Reference letter from Addosser finance company of 8Million Naira investment
- My Company's CAC documents
- Pictures of myself and Staff members.
- My Company's Invoice /Receipt
- My husband's (co-sponsor) CAC docs
- My husband's Company Invoice/ Receipt
-My Husband GTBank MBS
- Letter of Sponsorship from Hubby
CONT'D

CLIENT INFORMATION
- LOE (5 pages)
- My Birth Attestation/affidavit
- My Husband's Birth Attestation/ affidavit.
- My Daughter's Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate/ Newspaper Change of name
- My Family and I NIN
- Husband and Daughter Passport
- Family pictures, wedding pictures etc
- Upfront Medical report
- Police certificate
- Covid vaccination card
- Deed of Assignment of our Lands.

My Husband's SOWP Application.
- LOE, Int Passport, NIN , Birth Attestation
- BSC Certificate & Transcript
- NYSC certificate
- His Covid vaccination card
- His CAC documents
- His Police certificate
- Our Joint Land Deed of Assignment
- All the POF I submitted.

My Daughter's Open Study permit Application
- Email of Childcare waitlist
- NIN, Birth Certificate
- 1st - 3rd Term Present School fees receipt
- Pictures
- My own School Admission letter
- All the POF I submitted

Wow!!! Congratulations to you and your family, may Canada favour you all. Our profile is almost the same.

I submitted 9th of June and we did biometrics same day.

Please when are you resuming to school?

God please don't forget me ooo

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 11:01pm On Jun 30, 2022
Ojb555666:

1) four years
2) year 2011 but finished NYSC in 2013
3) I have 2:1 but long study gap

Okay.

Though this might not be what you want, but to be realistic, based on your 4-years experience as a Barista, and a long Study Gap, a Visa Officer will expect you to go for a Barista related PG Program e.g Hospitality, Culinary, food (for Career Progression).

So If your intentions are different from that, i will suggest you reach out to the gurus for their expertise cos Visa officers want strong and cogent reasons for whatsoever Program and Program qualification you wanna go for and how it shows a logical progression with your education or work experience
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by oloyede1(m): 11:02pm On Jun 30, 2022
Hi everyone,

Please help.

Do I need to have the original passport at hand
to do biometics with VFS?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Activateoluwase: 11:03pm On Jun 30, 2022
Congratulations my brother from another mother. Go and prosper.

highburygonner:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (760) (761) (762) (763) (764) (765) (766) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.