Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,414 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (768) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (907816 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) (770) (771) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ghazali34(m): 6:45pm On Jul 01, 2022
francisxbee:

My number is on my signature. Whatsapp.

I just texted you on WhatsApp
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by vividlooks(f): 6:47pm On Jul 01, 2022
francisxbee:

Lol. People never see for school fees finish, you wan still corner am for accomodation.
Not possible bro. Form A is for school fees only.
You can file for Upkeep from CBN once you arrive sha but that one na another long thing.

Form A isnt for fees alone please . Like you stated upkeep is possible. All na form A. cheesy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Sylvester4040: 6:48pm On Jul 01, 2022
Urgent!!!
I just got a medical request from ircc today despite doing an upfront medical.
Should I book a new medical appointment or send the one I had previously done.
I'd really appreciate if I can get any response as quick as possible.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by vividlooks(f): 6:49pm On Jul 01, 2022
Abi2022:
Good Morning,

Can one use Form A to pay for accommodation on Campus in School? Apart from school fees what other payment can one use Form A for so as to maximize cost because this relocation expense is not easy.

Regards

You can request for upkeep using Form A. Just attach evidence of your upkeep allowance in your application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Trailblazer21: 7:02pm On Jul 01, 2022
boxymccoy:
Good day everyone....... Pls I sincerely need your input here...... I got an undergraduate admission in university of Manitoba, University 1 category.... These are my questions.
1) Do I need to pay deposit before applying for Visa?
2) How much must I have in my account before applying?
3) Can I use someone that has like 10 million in his account as my sponsor?
Will I stand a chance?
I'm really confuse right now..... Pls advise a brother

1)It will be stated on your admission letter if you need to make a tuition deposit or not. If it is not stated then you don’t necessarily need to pay tuition deposit before applying. However, paying parrot full tuition at times show commitment but it is not a must.

2) To stand a good chance of getting your study permit approved, you need to have:
Tuition fee (for the whole years you’ll be studying)
Living expenses (for the whole years you’ll be studying)
Miscellaneous (about 2000 - 6000 CAD).

10 million naira is about 31k CAD so check it with what I wrote above.

Ps: I’m not saying with lesser funds you will not be granted, I’m just giving you facts that will help eliminate doubts.

3)10 million naira is about 31k CAD so check it with what I wrote above.
You can use anyone as your sponsor just be ready to prove your relationship with him/her and possibly provide evidence of former sponsorships by the said sponsor. All I’m saying is you need to convince the VO that the sponsor is not just a random person.

With these you are good to go.

All the best

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Mr247world: 7:21pm On Jul 01, 2022
I greet the house and nice to be here..

Pls, I just need an answer to this for better planning in terms of a Program my spouse can do comfortably without VO raising eyebrow when it come to visa application after securing an admission; My Spouse studied Microbiology Technology (although her grade was very poor) and graduated about 8years ago. After graduation, she never worked with her Certificate, but rather started a business of her own roughly 2years after graduation, which she has been doing up till this moment. She deals on baby merchandise (like clothings, shoes, bags and host of other things relating to Babies) - both wholesales and retail. Her business has given her some form of exposure, as she travels abroad to get most of her products, before covid-19 stepped in.

Right now, she wants to further her studies, but not in Microbiology. Also, she does not want a business related course. So I am asking to know what course she can study at this moment, and also if a Diploma related course or PGT (based on the fact she already had a first degree, which she never worked, and also doesn't wish to continue in the Microbiology line anymore)

Will be expecting feedback from the Gurus. Thanks..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Blakmandk: 7:32pm On Jul 01, 2022
I’ve ND in computer engineering. When I was also trying to find a school in the Atlantic region. I later went with College of North Atlantic. The only IT course pertaining to my field is computer systems and networking and I went with it. But you can check other courses that are IT related since you’re working towards a professional certification.
Jaykeyzeeee:
So this is my first post on here
Though I’ve been a silent reader for the past few weeks and I’ve gotten a lot of insight on here

I’ve been stuck with making a decision and honestly I have been troubled cause any decision I make now influence my decision in picking a career path

So I graduated from UNIBEN around this time last year with a second class lower and ever since then I didn’t go for service cause I felt I had nothing to offer so I began to take online courses and get myself some certifications on Cousera and some other platforms on software Engineering
I’m still yet to go for service anyways but I’d be looking to go with the next batch,and still unemployed but searching
I’ve been looking to apply for one of these colleges in the North Atlantic regions of Canada as they are actually cheaper and affordable due to my financial status,dad is retired but willing to sponsor my tuition and other expenses from the sale of one of his landed properties
I’ve been looking to apply for a PGD either in Software Development,Data analysis ,Cyber security or Business and advanced Analytics which the requirement is usually for student with computer science background,Accounting and other related field.
So far, Most of the schools I’ve checked out are either offering a one year PG certificate in these courses or are either not open for application for fall 2023
I’m stuck between making a decision on going for a Diploma programme in Network Administration or a diploma in any IT related field which is a 2yr course

Please gurus in the house @ lekikibobo,frank and other bosses
I need your help and advise on this one .
God bless �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 2pretty4u(f): 8:04pm On Jul 01, 2022
A big congratulations, I will testify.

folla:
WHAT GOD CANNOT DO, DOES NOT EXIST!

God has shown mercy to me and my children.

My SOWP and my 3 children's Study Visa applications have been approved by IRCC.

1st Applications

Our 1st applications made in June 2021 were all refused on 25th September 2021. The main concern of the VO, as revealed in the GCMS note, was that my wife, who is a Masters student in BC, filled on her application form that her family would not accompany her to Canada. The VO questioned the truthfulness of my wife's statement in her application, when we now applied for visas while she was still in Nigeria. VO said other things which we considered circumstantial.

I came on this platform then to seek for advice and I really obtained valuable advice from members. What did we do?

2nd Applications

We filed another set of applications on 8th November 2021 with my wife explaining the reasons for her change in plan. We filed additional documents showing stronger home ties by exhibition of pictures of our parents, affidavits of birth of our parents and affidavit of births of my siblings. I also exhibited share certificate, receipt of payment of professional dues, together with landed property. I showed rent receipts issued to our tenants.

Along the line, my wife wrote her MP sometime in February 2022 seeking for a status update on our applications. The response was that criminality check was passed and nothing more. Our upfront medicals expired in April 2022, but I refused to go for any more upfront medicals. If they are ready, they will contact us. I was drained, both emotionally and psychologically, noting that the journey began in June 2021. I only held on to God, as a lot was at stake.

There was a time I read an email IRCC had sent to someone here requesting for updated transcripts of his student spouse. I took the initiative by sending my wife's updated transcripts sometime in late April 2022. I have a feeling this had a positive impact on our applications.

Boom, medical request showed for my children and I on 16th May 2022. We quickly sent an email to QLife who gave us an appointment in about 9 days later. Medicals were updated to "pass" for my children on 7th June, while they got their PPR on 9th June. For me, my medical was updated to "pass" on 8th June, while my PPR only came on 29th June.

In between my children's PPR and 29th June, I sent their passports to Abuja the penultimate Monday and we received the stamped passports on 28th June. I almost sent another webform on 29th June with the plan to exhibit my children's visas and seeking a quick response on my application. By 9am on 29th June, 2 "donotreply" emails had come into my inbox.

My wife travelled to BC since September 2021, leaving me with 3 active boys, while IRCC kept playing the delay game. Thank God it has ended in praise.

I wish to say a big thank you to members on this forum who were responsive to my questions at the relevant times. Really appreciate.

To everyone still waiting, hang on there. It's not over until you have won. You can't afford to give up. Keep praying and sending the webforms, the golden emails will surface shortly.

Thank you All!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Papapa1234: 8:06pm On Jul 01, 2022
Pls are January 2023 intakes getting final decision yet?

Anyone resuming in Jan that has gotten ppr??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bigdaddy001: 8:19pm On Jul 01, 2022
I also got admission in the University 1 program.
Now to answer your question, It is not compulsory to pay the tuition fee before applying for visa I emailed the school and they told me that,
Secondly, you'll need to have your tuition fee including the living expenses according to Canada law
Your third question is where my fear is because an agency will provide me with a statement of account which I will use for my visa.
I am sure I have answered the little I know.

boxymccoy:
Good day everyone....... Pls I sincerely need your input here...... I got an undergraduate admission in university of Manitoba, University 1 category.... These are my questions.
Will I stand a chance?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by hillary4003: 8:34pm On Jul 01, 2022
1.no you don't need to pay a deposit for university of manitoba but it shows commitment to just out some money there make sure you look at their refund policy well.
2.your tuition for 1 year+10,000living expenses and ideally another 5-10k extra but i feel this depends on your sponsor, do they have any dependants, staff,other responsibilities? then you will need to account for that.
3.honestly you cannot u of m tuition is about 16-20k per year+ 10K even on the low side you've used all the 10m and the way you said 'someone' makes me think it's not immediate family so you will need to show much much more i think 20m+ for a 4 year degree.
boxymccoy:
Will I stand a chance?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 8:35pm On Jul 01, 2022
Rasakiopoewa:
Guys, I wonder why some of us are sent bvl with no final decision. Every document including updated LOA has been submitted. This is a trend which I think we must know why it is happening..Anyone with a clue?

Congratulations in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by dbeautyful: 8:36pm On Jul 01, 2022
Good evening.

Kind reminder on this enquiry ��
dbeautyful:
Congrats Rach90 and good evening to all.

Please, is the bank reference letter to be addressed to the school or IRCC?

Secondly, could someone repost the contact of the police officer that processes PCC (Besides Inspector Rose - someone posted that her fee has gone up)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 01, 2022
Sylvester4040:
Urgent!!!

Wow. Sounds like a good news to get a request.

When did you submit your application and when was your Biometric done ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by JCrystal: 8:45pm On Jul 01, 2022
Hello everyone,

I need urgent advice. I just got admission to Canadore College and I am to pay the admission deposit very soon. However, I really have not seen the school mentioned here much. Does any one have any comments or knows anyone that got visa applying with the school?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Segun7201: 8:52pm On Jul 01, 2022
hillary4003:
application number changed? that's not possible maybe your agent has submitted another application because application number doesn't change. its one number for one application get your login details and find out
Thanks so much guys.
But wait if he replied and i have sent ircc webforms and mails already , hope it wont affect my application.

And is telling me to wait to check Updates
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jaykeyzeeee(m): 9:02pm On Jul 01, 2022
Blakmandk:
I’ve ND in computer engineering. When I was also trying to find a school in the Atlantic region. I later went with College of North Atlantic. The only IT course pertaining to my field is computer systems and networking and I went with it. But you can check other courses that are IT related since you’re working towards a professional certification.
Wow nice I tried to send you an email
I think we should connect more and interact
I’d appreciate that,Do you know when applications would be open for CNA?
Or is it already too late to apply?
Please I need responses
NBCC still has its application open
I’m considering applying for that,But I’m just concerned that it doesn’t show progression
With a good SOP do I stand a chance of getting a Visa approval ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ojb555666: 9:15pm On Jul 01, 2022
Navaroooo:
they do
But it's not opening in the link sent here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by robertito7(m): 9:22pm On Jul 01, 2022
Sylvester4040:
Urgent!!!

Have you uploaded the one you did? If yes, then do nothing, if no, has it expired? If it has not expired then just upload it, if it has expired rush to the nearest medical center and book a new appointment.

Best of luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Davidganna10: 9:35pm On Jul 01, 2022
JCrystal:
Hello everyone,

I need urgent advice. I just got admission to Canadore College and I am to pay the admission deposit very soon. However, I really have not seen the school mentioned here much. Does any one have any comments or knows anyone that got visa applying with the school?

Thank you.
it is a DLI that is what matters, getting PPR depends on your packaging.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by BoluwajiPieters: 9:36pm On Jul 01, 2022
Getting a supervisor for MSc is a daunting task. Cold mails. High hopes. Silence. Rejections.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Deyoungjoe16(m): 10:15pm On Jul 01, 2022
BoluwajiPieters:
Getting a supervisor for MSc is a daunting task. Cold mails. High hopes. Silence. Rejections.
Especially in Applied sciences sad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Beboy23(m): 11:05pm On Jul 01, 2022
Good evening my good people, please I really need mentorship in this section, I have been reading and reading, I graduated with 2.2 in Agriculture, please I am on able to see any college offering post graduate related course in Agriculture, if you are done this before, please link me, also i want one of those cheap school please, thanks in anticipation

Please also, my international passport as expired, do I need to renew it before applying or I can do it subsequent time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bankowner: 12:09am On Jul 02, 2022
A one year PGWP is a big risk when you have the option of running a two-year program and getting a 3-year PGWP.

Believe me, that one year can move very fast and if you don't get a job within the period, that's it.

Don't forget PGWP is a one time thing.

Cc: Jaykeyzeeee.
hillary4003:
a 1 year course isn't bad you can still get 1 year PGWP, a diploma might raise some questions especially with a 2:2,there will be some universities with 2 year PGD if that's what you want try centennial/conestoga college or for university- mcmaster university,university of alberta,memorial university of newfound land or better yet look through this site:[url]https://www.mastersportal.com/search/master?dur=[720,720]&di=24&ci=56&page=3[url]. fall 2023 will open this year so just start gathering your documents it's not far away.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by SaniceSanice123: 12:40am On Jul 02, 2022
JapaProf:

A page is fine but keep it loaded.
Okay. I will send to you for review soon please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Sylvester4040: 12:56am On Jul 02, 2022
I submitted June 14th
And did my biometrics June 16th
Litey8:

Wow. Sounds like a good news to get a request.

When did you submit your application and when was your Biometric done ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Sylvester4040: 12:56am On Jul 02, 2022
Yes I already uploaded the ones I did while I was submitting
It's still valid
Thank you very much.
robertito7:

Have you uploaded the one you did? If yes, then do nothing, if no, has it expired? If it has not expired then just upload it, if it has expired rush to the nearest medical center and book a new appointment.

Best of luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Frankrobbn1: 1:10am On Jul 02, 2022
JCrystal:
Hello everyone,

Thank you.

You can't go wrong with Canadore College, the institution is not just a DLI but has a good admittance for international students. I'll encourage you to carry on with your plans by applying for Study permit with the school acceptance letter.

It will end in praise

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Frankrobbn1: 1:10am On Jul 02, 2022
BoluwajiPieters:

What course is this? I could link you with serious minded successful students of mine in Canada to assist you.

It will end in praise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by SageKun1: 1:12am On Jul 02, 2022
possessor1:
Landing gist

Nigeria.

My flight was 11pm, June 27. I planned to get to lagos airport very early. I left for the airport at 3pm arrived

Did you leave for the airport by 3pm or you got there by 3pm

(1) (2) (3) ... (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) (770) (771) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.