Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,943 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (771) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (903422 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (768) (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by folla: 2:41pm On Jul 02, 2022
Please contact me on: lawrooflegal@gmail.com

Let me know you're from Nairaland.

Herlymah1295:

Can you drop your contact details please? Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Derekxxy: 2:57pm On Jul 02, 2022
Good day all, pls someone should explain to me hw upfront medical work.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Pgirl08: 3:03pm On Jul 02, 2022
folla:
Thank you all for your well wishes.

By the way, I am a Notary Public and have decided to give back to this community. One of the things I thought of doing is to notarize and certify documents (affidavits, declarations, letters of sponsorship, letters generally, deeds of gift, deeds generally, instruments, certificates generally any other documents) for members at a discounted rate (Nairaland rate).

Kindly contact me if you are interested.

It shall end in praise for us all.
Hello pls am interested...where is your office.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 160485(f): 3:08pm On Jul 02, 2022
Derekxxy:

Simply put, you get your medicals done before IRCc requests.

You either use IOM or IQ life, email your information sheet to iRcc and raise web form.

If you are doing upfront, ensure you send your result immediately. Don't wait till IRCc requests.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 3:44pm On Jul 02, 2022
Pls help, is it just me?

Been attempting to make payment on the IRCC website for over 24hrs but it keeps declining. I'm using a USD card.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 3:47pm On Jul 02, 2022
Derekxxy:

In addition to the response you have gotten, go through the contents in the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/233#98887195
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 3:53pm On Jul 02, 2022
Cherishpearl:
Someone please hold my hand and lead me ohhhh….looking for college to apply…truly I’d not know what to do
HI

Your Response to the questions below would enable you to get a response on the type of PG.Cert program at a College or Masters you should/can go for

- what did you study in the university/Polytechnic?

- what year did you graduate ? (to address study gap)

- Do you have a 2.1, 2.2, 3rd Class or Upper Credit, Lower Credit (HND)

- Do you have a job? If yes, what is the name of your Job, and what are your Job duties? (to know if your Job is related to your Degree)

- How many years work experience do you have in that Job?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by megastu(m): 3:56pm On Jul 02, 2022
Nairobi issued the visa, it was printed and stamped in Abuja.
canforum65:

I finally got back my stamped passport yesterday.
However, I noticed the "issued at" indicated Nairobi shocked shocked although every other thing was accurate. I am aware they send the passports typically to Abuja to be stamped so I am surprised to see Nairobi instead of Abuja or Lagos. I applied in Nigeria I have never been to Nairobi

Is there anyone with a similar story
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 4:03pm On Jul 02, 2022
johnstan:
Pls help, is it just me?

Been attempting to make payment on the IRCC website for over 24hrs but it keeps declining. I'm using a USD card.

Is this a general issue?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jaykeyzeeee(m): 4:16pm On Jul 02, 2022
Lekiboboe:

HI

Your Response to the questions below would enable you to get a response on the type of PG.Cert program at a College or Masters you should/can go for

- what did you study in the university/Polytechnic?

- what year did you graduate ? (to address study gap)

- Do you have a 2.1, 2.2, 3rd Class or Upper Credit, Lower Credit (HND)

- Do you have a job? If yes, what is the name of your Job, and what are your Job duties? (to know if your Job is related to your Degree)

- How many years work experience do you have in that Job?

I think I might reply to this even though the questions were not directed to me
But it’s related to my present predicament in picking a course of study ,I’d be glad to get a response as I’d be seeking your advise on this one @Lekiboboe and the other gurus on this platform

Studied Computer Science,Graduated in 2021 with a second class lower (3.26) to be precise
I don’t have any work experience at the moment,besides I’m yet to go for NYSC

But ever since I graduated I’ve been taking courses on Cousera relating to software Engineering and I’ve gotten some certifications though I’m still looking to stack more before the end of the year.
I’m looking out for a PGD or masters in either Software Engineering,Data analystics or Cyber security In one of the affordable colleges in the North Atlantic regions or better still a university if I’d qualify to apply for any of universities .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Coralmum: 4:23pm On Jul 02, 2022
Hello house, please any suggestions on schools to apply for winter 2023 for post graduate diploma? I have B.tech in Microbiology. I will greatly appreciate a response. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by TheAkinTaylor: 4:25pm On Jul 02, 2022
5 months 18 days and counting. Omo I don wait taya.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 4:29pm On Jul 02, 2022
Jaykeyzeeee:

But it’s related to my present predicament in picking a course of study ,I’d be glad to get a response as I’d be seeking your advise on this one @Lekiboboe and the other gurus on this platform

Studied Computer Science,Graduated in 2021 with a second class lower (3.26) to be precise

But ever since I graduated I’ve been taking courses on Cousera relating to software Engineering and I’ve gotten some certifications though I’m still looking to stack more before the end of the year.
I’m looking out for a PGD or masters in either Software Engineering,Data analystics or Cyber security In one of the affordable colleges in the North Atlantic regions or better still a university if I’d qualify to apply for any of universities .

College or university, they both offer PGD programs and you can enroll in one. I might have suggested you pursue a Master's degree program, but due to your 2:2, it will be difficult to secure admission.

While there are PGD programs related to Data Analytics, Software Engineering etc in other regions, I cannot find one in your location of choice— North Atlantic region— at the moment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Coralmum: 4:29pm On Jul 02, 2022
Deyoungjoe16:
Especially in Applied sciences sad
True.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 4:29pm On Jul 02, 2022
Mr247world:
I greet the house and nice to be here..

Pls, I just need an answer to this for better planning in terms of a Program my spouse can do comfortably without VO raising eyebrow when it come to visa application after securing an admission; My Spouse studied Microbiology Technology (although her grade was very poor) and graduated about 8years ago. After graduation, she never worked with her Certificate, but rather started a business of her own roughly 2years after graduation, which she has been doing up till this moment. She deals on baby merchandise (like clothings, shoes, bags and host of other things relating to Babies) - both wholesales and retail. Her business has given her some form of exposure, as she travels abroad to get most of her products, before covid-19 stepped in.

Right now, she wants to further her studies, but not in Microbiology. Also, she does not want a business related course. So I am asking to know what course she can study at this moment, and also if a Diploma related course or PGT (based on the fact she already had a first degree, which she never worked, and also doesn't wish to continue in the Microbiology line anymore)

Will be expecting feedback from the Gurus. Thanks..
There is not two way about it. Your spouse best shot is Career Progression, that is, she can only go for a PG. CERT BUSINESS MANAGEMENT Program at a college. Any thing outside this will potentially be up for scrutiny by a VISA OFFICER .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by INILARGE: 4:30pm On Jul 02, 2022
Please how can I summit my medical results from IOM on my account
160485:

You either use IOM or IQ life, email your information sheet to iRcc and raise web form.

If you are doing upfront, ensure you send your result immediately. Don't wait till IRCc requests.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Femioye337(m): 4:36pm On Jul 02, 2022
Bro.... no be only you o

I applied since December 13.... eligibility started around May, got a message from IRCC to send updated LOA June7 ... since then nothing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by KimberleyNl: 4:42pm On Jul 02, 2022
Please kindly help, I have applied to 4 schools and they all came back negative. Please who has SENECA college application waiver code?
Abeg oo... help me career, no money for application fees again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by hugapex: 4:48pm On Jul 02, 2022
Please, can someone help me with the link to raise a web form?
I intend to add my ticket itinerary and my spouse's return ticket.

Is it true that web form can be raised just once?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 4:49pm On Jul 02, 2022
KimberleyNl:
Please kindly help, I have applied to 4 schools and they all came back negative. Please who has SENECA college application waiver code?
Abeg oo... help me career, no money for application fees again

Check their Instagram page, they post it often
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by KimberleyNl: 4:51pm On Jul 02, 2022
johnstan:

Check their Instagram page, they post it often
Thanks for the response @ johnstan. Please share me their Instagram page
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 4:54pm On Jul 02, 2022
KimberleyNl:

Thanks for the response @ johnstan. Please share me their Instagram page

https://instagram.com/senecaafrica?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jaykeyzeeee(m): 4:58pm On Jul 02, 2022
Bankowner:
A one year PGWP is a big risk when you have the option of running a two-year program and getting a 3-year PGWP.

Believe me, that one year can move very fast and if you don't get a job within the period, that's it.

Don't forget PGWP is a one time thing.

Cc: Jaykeyzeeee.

Honestly it is really a big one,And considering the 1+1 formula

What if I’m unable to raise funds over there due to the limited working hours given to intl students.
This is the main reason I’m looking out for a 2yrs diploma course which is still related to my previous study ,but I’m faced with how what to say that’d be convincing enough to the VO for pursuing a degree lower than my previous degree..
Someone on here once said it’s nearly impossible to convince a VO on why you’d be going for a Diploma after a BSC..
Omo ehnn the struggle is ls real.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by BeatThaMeat: 5:06pm On Jul 02, 2022
Please here is my WhatsApp number +233245695036 I’m a Nigerian living in Ghana and I will need your mentors hip. I’m ready my email is Garogers1961@gmail.com you can also send your details I will contact you ASAP!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Derekxxy: 5:14pm On Jul 02, 2022
160485:

God bless u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Derekxxy: 5:15pm On Jul 02, 2022
Lekiboboe:

In addition to the response you have gotten, go through the contents in the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/233#98887195

God bless u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 5:22pm On Jul 02, 2022
Chubbyface:
Hello house..got PPR yesterday..Family application. Study visa for me, VV for my baby, but my husband’s PPR (SOWP) hasn’t dropped. Was hoping it would drop later in the day so that I would give our testimony at ones, not until I checked his profile and his medicals is not updated yet. IOM promised to send our medical sheets via email, but I didn’t receive any.(so that I can send my husband’s own via webform) How do I go about this plz.

First time applicant, did everything myself, no travel history for both of us.

Submitted: April 26
Biometrics done and updated: May 11
Medical request for 3 of us: June 14
Medicals done at IOM Abuja: June 27
Medicals updated (me and our child): June 28
BVL: June 30
PPR: July 1st

Would send our documentation later.

Congratulations to you and yours... i will post mine soon

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by House34: 5:38pm On Jul 02, 2022
canforum65:

I finally got back my stamped passport yesterday.
However, I noticed the "issued at" indicated Nairobi shocked shocked although every other thing was accurate. I am aware they send the passports typically to Abuja to be stamped so I am surprised to see Nairobi instead of Abuja or Lagos. I applied in Nigeria I have never been to Nairobi

Is there anyone with a similar story

It can be issued anywhere and most especially accra or nairobi for nigerian as the processing office..pls do not worry about that instead start on search for accomdation becos housing not smalll issue in canada as more immigrant and student being to arrive more.i wish you all the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 5:42pm On Jul 02, 2022
Jaykeyzeeee:

For North Atlantic, these are the ones I know

Check

NBCC (New Brunswick Community College)
Post Graduate programs on

- Information Technology: Business and Advanced Analytics
- Information Technology: Cybersecurity

NSCC (Nova Scotia Community College) Post Graduate Program

Geospatial Data Analytics

A Master's admission requires a minimum of 2.1, so masters admission with your CGPA is slim

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by noeloge82(m): 5:45pm On Jul 02, 2022
johnstan:

Is this a general issue?

If this is a naira card it will not go , it started since June 1 many Nigerian banks stopped clearing dollar bills with naira master card since dollar hit 600 , the best u can do is open a Dollar account with your bank , fund the account and it will go instantly
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chubbyface: 5:46pm On Jul 02, 2022
CharitoJames:

Congratulations to you and yours... i will post mine soon
Thanks oo..Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 5:48pm On Jul 02, 2022
Jaykeyzeeee:

Honestly it is really a big one,And considering the 1+1 formula

What if I’m unable to raise funds over there due to the limited working hours given to intl students.
This is the main reason I’m looking out for a 2yrs diploma course which is still related to my previous study ,but I’m faced with how what to say that’d be convincing enough to the VO for pursuing a degree lower than my previous degree..
Someone on here once said it’s nearly impossible to convince a VO on why you’d be going for a Diploma after a BSC..
Omo ehnn the struggle is ls real.

It's the truth. Visa Officer don't joke with Academic Progression or Career Progression. Funny enough there are few BSC holders on this platform who have applied for Diploma and gotten approval but it's still not advisable to go for it as a Bsc holder. It's better to go for something you know you have chances of visa approval on.

What works for Portable Might not work for Shatta Wale

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (768) (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) ... (920)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.