Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,839 members, 7,831,720 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (869) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (921477 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (866) (867) (868) (869) (870) (871) (872) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teezkid: 9:18am On Jul 20, 2022
Oo, relax. I meant your ircc page can be updated without an email, I don’t know about about PPR, my bad tongue
CharitoJames:

There is nothing honest about that. You can’t get PPR without email. Don’t advise wrongly
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 9:19am On Jul 20, 2022
adefunkeadelaku:
@ johnstan and other gurus, pls don't say my wahala is much ooo, am sorry for disturbing you, pls while scheduling for the medicals I filled my second sons nigeria passport number, but we actually plan to use his america passport for the visa, is there a way I can edit it on the iom portal pls help me out oooo.

Lol, i don't know about that, however, you will be required to undergo another round of documentation at the venue though it entails confirming the information you filled while booking the appointment. I believe at that point you can choose to update any information you have like the passport change.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ayodeleajayi220: 9:20am On Jul 20, 2022
Please gurus I need your advice, which of these universities one has a better chance of getting admission for Master degree in Statistics with funding (CGPA = 4.3).
University of Calgary
Memorial university
University of Western Ontario
Simon Fraser university.
I will really appreciate your inputs. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by MJ1000: 9:25am On Jul 20, 2022
Amen

I key into this!!

CharitoJames:
PPR is coming today!!!!

The God of vengeance has settled the matter in my favor. What God cannot do does not exist.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Johnvee11: 9:37am On Jul 20, 2022
Anon123:

Ahh . Issue dy o. You might be denied based on purpose of visit-employment situation if you are a graduate.

The bolded is the reason why you have No proof of funds for applicant as seen on your gcms note. You need to get an employment letter, your own bank statement with at least your living expense($10,000cad), payslips of the same employer or play of primary assignment (if you are still on NYSC) or if you are into a business, you attach a cac and send at once.

Wow okay I will get the bank statements.
Am done with NYSC can I still attach the payslips like that.., my mum registered a business recently can I use it as my own business too? Pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by omodesmond7744: 9:38am On Jul 20, 2022
Good morning house have been following this thread for a while and also watching YouTube i want to apply for a college diploma in Canada cause am a secondary school graduate with waec certificate and am 27yrs old please i need some clarification on the visa before applying for admission in a case where by am the one that want to sponsor myself i that have document to backup my home ties and I don't have any asset too cause I was just doing some minor jobs to save funds since i graduate from high school and i don't have i don't have any degree yet only waec certificate please is there anything i can do i need a candid advice cause I really want to school in Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 20, 2022
CharitoJames:

You would have done your medicals at least by now PPR might have come. Not withstanding, PPR will come once you do your medicals

Thank you. All the best too!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by rukkayah(f): 9:43am On Jul 20, 2022
Hi everyone, please is anyone going to Winnipeg next month?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Pruddykelz: 9:47am On Jul 20, 2022
Anon123:

Tell your friend the bolded means that the application is currently on eligibility review.

I would recommend he applied for a gcms note to help him know what might be missing or was omitted by the visa officer before a decision is made

Hi Anon,

Please I sent you a message via email. kindly respond thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by donluclay(m): 9:48am On Jul 20, 2022
Send me an email, I have a visa dollar card and an Amex card.

subzheero:
Guys, please how can we pay for application fees ? Few days ago, all virtual dollar cards platform have shutdown this service. Kindly assist if there is any way out please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by donluclay(m): 9:50am On Jul 20, 2022
Have you sorted this out?

chytai:
Please any other means to pay for study visa application. I have tried GTB naira Master card it's not going. I don't have dollar debit card.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by KellyKk: 9:56am On Jul 20, 2022
Chiziteremary:
I kept this like 2 to 3 weeks b4 PPR dropped. I belieeve they re actively working on your file. PPR to drop soonest in Jesus name. Follow it up with prayers

Finally
Congrats on your ppr

Haven’t been on here for almost two months

School activities is very hectic

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by BenedictStinson(m): 10:03am On Jul 20, 2022
Samtob4life:

Use africhange

Find someone in Canada to create an account with them and fund the ngn wallet (they'll generate naija bank account for you to deposit)

Then convert the Money (naira) to cad on the website/app

Withdraw the funds into the person's canada bank account

Then pay your school fees through the bank app

Tested and confirmed (I paid 2300cad through africhange)

What's their rate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Fativivimat: 10:10am On Jul 20, 2022
No two Visa applications are the same. It's best if a police report is submitted. What worked for you may not work for others.
Just an advise though...

All the best

Papapa1234:
It's not..I didn't submit mine even though it was 5k at the time..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Isyma(m): 10:10am On Jul 20, 2022
Demmy10:

July 2
We can link up nd wait together
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Isyma(m): 10:11am On Jul 20, 2022
Thomsyne:

July 8 here
Let's link up nd wait together
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Isyma(m): 10:12am On Jul 20, 2022
Timex146:
Submitting my application on Friday

It's still july
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Isyma(m): 10:17am On Jul 20, 2022
BenedictStinson:

What's their rate
That's the point
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by WarriBrandChic: 10:24am On Jul 20, 2022
Hello, please is parent authorization letter required for a minor's visit visa application even when invitation letter has been sent by the other parent thats presently in Canada.

Also, is it possible to renew 9ja passport that still has like 9months validity. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Oldfashioned145: 10:32am On Jul 20, 2022
Any may applicants in the house

#may 4

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kiari: 10:35am On Jul 20, 2022
Oldfashioned145:

#may 4
I dey here ooo #May15. God will answer us. Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by adeyinkaadetunj: 10:36am On Jul 20, 2022
Teezkid:
Oo, relax. I meant your ircc page can be updated without an email, I don’t know about about PPR, my bad tongue

Yes, you can get update without email IRCC. I haven't send a single email since I've applied on April 27 and I keep getting update on my application and now reviewing my eligible, hope to receive my PPR soon.

And Note that too much email annoyed some VO, that's is the reason some application get refused with minor reason.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by BenedictStinson(m): 10:36am On Jul 20, 2022
Hello all. I am a graduate of Computer Science 2015. I had initially gotten admission to Fanshawe for Mobile Application Development but got withdrawn due to late deposit payment.
Anyways now I have two pending admissions : Information Business Technology Analysis from Connestoga and Supply Chain Management from Northern College

I have been working as in Inventory officer in a Supermarket since 2017 so I'm wondering which course would make better sense to accept for visa explanation purposes especially since the study gap. The supply management has a lot of courses that directly reference inventory and has a Co-op work term
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 10:44am On Jul 20, 2022
trinityconcept:
Hello everyone please I have a challenge

I graduated with a 2:2 here in Nigeria
3.05/5.0, candian universities use 4.0 so when I convert mine to a 4.0 scale I get like 2.44.
Almost all schools I've tried applying to in Canada have a general admission requirements of lowest 2.7 to 3.0.

Even though I now have a rich work experience I don't know if I should ignore their cut off and just apply

What's your Advice please
Do you think I stand a chance
I will advise you go for a Post Graduate Certificate/Diploma program. Getting admission to masters program in Canada with 2.2 or cgpa lower than 3.5/5.0 is really difficult, but not impossible.

If you want to try your luck, you can.
1. Calculate your CGPA for the last 2 years of your Bachelor’s program and see if it's higher than the overall CGPA. That could give a chance.

2. Apply to universities that are less competitive in Canada. If you apply to top universities like, university of Toronto, McMaster, Manitoba etc, they are competitive and they have higher number of applicants yearly. (You can check the top list of canadian universities and apply to lower 20+)

3. Use your years of working experience to your advantage. In your SOP for graduate studies, indicate how your years of experience has improved your skills and development.

4. Try to do some online courses related to your proposed program, it could give you upper hands. Check Coursera, Udemy etc... If you can write GRE or GMAT, it'll as well boost your chances.

Note - If the program requires securing a supervisor before applying, try as much as possible to get one. That is actually a Jackpot to getting admitted.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by flower1019078: 11:07am On Jul 20, 2022
MAY 9TH
Oldfashioned145:

#may 4
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by odii: 11:14am On Jul 20, 2022
flower1019078:
MAY 9TH
May 17th applicant. What we have been waiting for will come to pass Amen. Let's keep hope alive
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Thomsyne(m): 11:18am On Jul 20, 2022
Isyma:

Let's link up nd wait together

Sure, not a problem.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 11:33am On Jul 20, 2022
Johnvee11:

Wow okay I will get the bank statements.
Am done with NYSC can I still attach the payslips like that.., my mum registered a business recently can I use it as my own business too? Pls

Yes you can do that. You can also attach receipts of sales or contractual agreements being handled by the busines. Since you are using a business, there's no need for payslips
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by IamTheJ: 11:38am On Jul 20, 2022
Hey Lekiboboe,

I sent a mail to Qlife a few days ago requesting for a personal copy of my test results and here's the reply I got from them in a couple of minutes:

"Dear Sir,

To get a copy of the report, kindly come to the facility with your Information Sheet and N2500

Best Regards"

So they give the results, but with conditions. Personally, the obligation to "come [in person] to the facility" drives me up the wall, to say the least. What is worse, after I wrote them back to ask for other available options since I'm not based in, and stay 100s of kms from, Lagos, I got no further reply to date. I mean, this is crazy! I should pay 1000s of naira on transport/flight with the concomitant travel risks to go to Lagos just to collect a result that can be forwarded to me via email. I don't understand what my physical presence would change. This is really funny! They even charge money (₦2, 500) to collect the results of tests one paid for. I mean...

Anyways, I'll call them to give them a piece of my mind if they insist... I booked for medical exams from a far distance (online), but I can't collect my results from a far distance.

Meanwhile, those who are based in Lagos and did their Medicals at Qlife, please walk in to their facility with the information provided above and collect your results, if you want.

It'll end in praise for all of us!

Lekiboboe:

Hi Honorable Makano

I don't know about QLIFE but IOM do send medical laboratory test results if requested

Check out this IOM , Lagos process of getting medical laboratory test
https://www.nairaland.com/6957495/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/291#111450552
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Fativivimat: 11:39am On Jul 20, 2022
Why don't you go for a Master's in Computer Science. It will make a lot of sense for a career progression, a direct match to your Bsc.
Just an advise ...

All the best!

BenedictStinson:
Hello all. I am a graduate of Computer Science 2015. I had initially gotten admission to Fanshawe for Mobile Application Development but got withdrawn due to late deposit payment.
Anyways now I have two pending admissions : Information Business Technology Analysis from Connestoga and Supply Chain Management from Northern College

I have been working as in Inventory officer in a Supermarket since 2017 so I'm wondering which course would make better sense to accept for visa explanation purposes especially since the study gap. The supply management has a lot of courses that directly reference inventory and has a Co-op work term
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 11:42am On Jul 20, 2022
omodesmond7744:
Good morning house have been following this thread for a while and also watching YouTube i want to apply for a college diploma in Canada cause am a secondary school graduate with waec certificate and am 27yrs old please i need some clarification on the visa before applying for admission in a case where by am the one that want to sponsor myself i that have document to backup my home ties and I don't have any asset too cause I was just doing some minor jobs to save funds since i graduate from high school and i don't have i don't have any degree yet only waec certificate please is there anything i can do i need a candid advice cause I really want to school in Canada

These are my recommendations.

You could go for a BSC since you are only 27.

You can include assets owned by family. You are still an owner of the property.

You can still sponsor yourself. When writing your sop, try to buy into the visa officer's conscience by selling a story of how you have struggled after secondary school and your determination to make something of yourself hence why you made it your sworn duty to get a degree.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 11:44am On Jul 20, 2022
Pruddykelz:

Hi Anon,

Please I sent you a message via email. kindly respond thanks.

Hello.

I have responded to all emails I have. Confirm if you got my response.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (866) (867) (868) (869) (870) (871) (872) ... (920)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.