Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (919) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (904627 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (916) (917) (918) (919) (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Princeofabia: 11:30am On Jul 30, 2022
Congrats once again...I'm next to be celebrated
Muyiwaaaa:

Applied April 11
Biometrics done April 13th
No upfront medical or medical request
PPR 29th july

Documents submitted
Letter of acceptance (durham college)
Sponsor’s Proof of funds
Statement of purpose
Letter from sponsor
Letter from sponsor’s investment fund

Thank God the wait is over!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Positiveme2020: 11:37am On Jul 30, 2022
Please I need help, I went for medical at IOM and after the first medical, I was asked to go for further suptum test, the results can out negative after 9weeks, i was instructed to come for an additional chest x-ray which they performed twice that day, and the result I was told is abnormal. I don't really know my faith now, will this hinder my application from being processed? I need in put and suggestions on way forward, since no update on medical since then. When I asked the nurses at IOM they said it will be sent to IRCC and they will let me know what to do next.
I need help on what to do next if anyone has had this kind of issue please let me know how to tackle this. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nickigold(f): 11:40am On Jul 30, 2022
Good morning everyone..pls I need advise am planning to study in Canada for BSC
I need a cheap university links I can applied for and what course do you think I can apply for that can enable me get a job after study in
And also can I work while studying to enable me to pay for my studies over there as time goes on..pls ur suggestions and advise is needed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Positiveme2020: 11:42am On Jul 30, 2022
TradeSunMoore:

You should just target 28th July then or any date beyond that is convenient for you. You do not need any appointment for this. In our case I called IOM Abuja a week to the date and was told no need for appointment, that we should walk in on the select date and go straight to the X-ray section. And that is what we did.

Goodmorning Sir, I have gone for the Chest x-ray, but there is an issue, I was told the result is abnormal. And on further enquiry the nurse seem helpless and told me the result will be forwarded to IRCC, then I will know what to do next. But since then no update on my profile and am worried.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 30, 2022
Hello all!

Please, read carefully.

Someone submitted her Study Permit Application in April without upfront Medical for fall semester.

Finally, decided to go for Upfront Medical after waiting for over 12 weeks without any updates or Medical request apart from Biometric Confirmation from April.

Upfront Medical was done in July because of difficulty in getting an appointment in June.

Medical status got updated to pass in about 4/5 days after Submitting Med information sheet via webform.

It’s over 13 weeks now and Eligibility review doesn’t show on gckey that it has started.

Questions:

1. Is it possible to get ppr without eligibility showing it has started on gckey?

2. How long does eligibility review last before ppr? That is, the expected duration. I know everyone case would be different.

3. Since the application is over 13 weeks and fall Semester is just a little above 1 month from now. Is it ideal to send emails to MP to inquire about the status of her visa ?

I’ll appreciate your reply if you have any other suggestions. Thanks

@Anon123 @lekiboboe @ketima @mrprolifik, @tecoon2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by TOSM: 12:06pm On Jul 30, 2022
Good afternoon guys,

Please, I need your urgent help. I got an admission and was told to pay 750 CAD within 10 business days to accept the admission. I want to know if it is possible to pay this 750 CAD using my GTB Mastercard and how long does it take. Abeg make una help me oo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Debbieeeeeee: 12:14pm On Jul 30, 2022
TOSM:
Good afternoon guys,

Please, I need your urgent help. I got an admission and was told to pay 750 CAD within 10 business days to accept the admission. I want to know if it is possible to pay this 750 CAD using my GTB Mastercard and how long does it take. Abeg make una help me oo
No Naira denominated card can carry this amount. You will have to use a dollar card or get someone in Canada to pay for you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by TOSM: 12:19pm On Jul 30, 2022
Thanks so much Debbieeee for the response

Debbieeeeeee:

No Naira denominated card can carry this amount. You will have to use a dollar card or get someone in Canada to pay for you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bigdaddy001: 12:35pm On Jul 30, 2022
Good afternoon guys
Please I want to be clear on this.
After submitting my bank statement can I withdraw from my account to do what I want to do?
Secondly, will the VO contact my bank to know the amount I have there?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 12:37pm On Jul 30, 2022
Muyiwaaaa:
Hello everyone and good morning……i got my passport request on the 29th july after submitting my application april 13th for a study permit. Normally this is good news but i am worried because a medical was not requested which i thought was the next step since I didn’t do upfront medicals. But God is good i have waited for this since and I’m happy it came. I booked a medical appointment just incase they request for it later

Congratulations.... you did the right thing. Your medical request may come before the date you booked... my friend also experienced same... Medical request later came the next day exactly 24hrs after PPR came so look out for it today too. Congratulations!!! I am next in line

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Creativebelle: 12:38pm On Jul 30, 2022
Pls my fellow applicants.

How does my MBS work?

Will the bank send the statement of acct directly to embassy?

Will they send the mbs before I submit my application.

Will I be the one to ask the bank when to send to embassy..

Pls i need clarification..
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 30, 2022
CharitoJames:

Congratulations.... you did the right thing. Your medical request may come before the date you booked... my friend also experienced same... Medical request later came the next day exactly 24hrs after PPR came so look out for it today too. Congratulations!!! I am next in line

That’s nice. Please check my previous post. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Fativivimat: 12:45pm On Jul 30, 2022
I advise that you leave the money in your account till when your visa is approved.

All the best!

Bigdaddy001:
Good afternoon guys
Please I want to be clear on this.
After submitting my bank statement can I withdraw from my account to do what I want to do?
Secondly, will the VO contact my bank to know the amount I have there?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 12:45pm On Jul 30, 2022
Hermes119:
Good day everyone
Please I need assistance with booking my medicals
I'm trying to book IOM abuja but the site is hanging,what could I do about that
I already sent an email to them and no response

Keep trying. It hangs a lot.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 12:47pm On Jul 30, 2022
Litey8:

That’s nice. Please check my previous post. Thanks

I’m not good with this app oh... I can’t check previous post.. help me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bigdaddy001: 12:52pm On Jul 30, 2022
Wow.... Okay.
Thanks

Fativivimat:
I advise that you leave the money in your account till when your visa is approved.

All the best!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 30, 2022
CharitoJames:

I’m not good with this app oh... I can’t check previous post.. help me

The Post:

Please, read carefully.

Someone submitted her Study Permit Application in April without upfront Medical for fall semester.

Finally, decided to go for Upfront Medical after waiting for over 12 weeks without any updates or Medical request apart from Biometric Confirmation from April.

Upfront Medical was done in July because of difficulty in getting an appointment in June.

Medical status got updated to pass in about 4/5 days after Submitting Med information sheet via webform.

It’s over 13 weeks now and Eligibility review doesn’t show on gckey that it has started.

Questions:

1. Is it possible to get ppr without eligibility showing it has started on gckey?

2. How long does eligibility review last before ppr? That is, the expected duration. I know everyone case would be different.

3. Since the application is over 13 weeks and fall Semester is just a little above 1 month from now. Is it ideal to send emails to MP to inquire about the status of her visa ?

I’ll appreciate your reply if you have any other suggestions. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by AkeemTy(m): 1:56pm On Jul 30, 2022
those resuming September, please try to book your upfront medicals, the only available date in the month of August is 31st.

I was just relaxing thinking I should wait till I am instructed to go for medicals but looking at things, decisions on the study permit application made in June may not come until the middle or end of August and booking a medical then may require one scheduling an appointment by end of September.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Hermes119: 2:02pm On Jul 30, 2022
CharitoJames:

Keep trying. It hangs a lot.
Alright thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Hermes119: 2:02pm On Jul 30, 2022
bullstriker:
Change your browser. Also, check your spam folder for a reply to your email.
Okay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ednut1(m): 2:13pm On Jul 30, 2022
Nickigold:
Good morning everyone..pls I need advise am planning to study in Canada for BSC
I need a cheap university links I can applied for and what course do you think I can apply for that can enable me get a job after study in
And also can I work while studying to enable me to pay for my studies over there as time goes on..pls ur suggestions and advise is needed
bsc is not cheap, its expensive and a long duration . You are better off doing your bsc in Nigeria and go for post grad or masters later

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by gem123: 2:18pm On Jul 30, 2022
Good afternoon everyone, please how do I prepare gift notes to explain the lump sum in my account

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ron5ke: 2:51pm On Jul 30, 2022
I really dont know what to do at this point. I applied june 2021. They started working on the application october 2021. I requested for GCMS that was how I got to know about when they started working on my application. I already moved my resumption to January. Got a LOA update mail and medical request this year. I submitted a new LOA from the same school and same course and my medicals was updated to pass April 2022. I am supposed to resume this September but no update yet. I saw a ghost update last month ending and got a mail stating they would finalize before my resumption date. Till date nothing. I dont know wetin to do again. I cant move the admission again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by LuvNLight: 2:58pm On Jul 30, 2022
A short letter of explanation is to be written by the person who sent in the lump sums. [/b] AND MUST BE SEALED BY A COURT SEAL AND STAMP[b]

for example, if a total of 5m was sent to you. your Deed of gift should explain how it was sent. For our example above, we would assume it was sent in sets of 1m.

so you will get this in your account.

credit 1,000,000 date, transaction ref etc

so the deed should simply say.

Dear Visa Officer, DATE

my name is ****** and i work with, or you just talk about ur business followed by "gem123" is my brother. he recently got an admission to study in bla bla school, canada, in support of his academic carrier, i have sent him a cash gift of 5,000,000NGN to his account. UBA BANK 20855998787878 in the following order.

On the 2nd of june 2022 i sent 1,000,000 NGN with a transaction ref number *****
On the 2nd of june 2022 i sent 1,000,000 NGN with a transaction ref number *****
On the 22nd of june 2022 i sent 1,000,000 NGN with a transaction ref number *****
On the 22nd of june 2022 i sent 1,000,000 NGN with a transaction ref number *****

Thank you.

sincerely yours
your name

gem123:
Good afternoon everyone, please how do I prepare gift notes to explain the lump sum in my account

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by LuvNLight: 3:03pm On Jul 30, 2022
Reply to that mail that said they will finalize before you resume. or send a mail to Nairobi office and also send web forms. your application is long overdue

ron5ke:
I really dont know what to do at this point. I applied June 2021. They started working on the application October 2021. I requested for GCMS that was how I got to know about when they started working on my application. I already moved my resumption to January. Got a LOA update mail and medical request this year. I submitted a new LOA from the same school and same course and my medicals was updated to pass April 2022. I am supposed to resume this September but no update yet. I saw a ghost update last month ending and got a mail stating they would finalize before my resumption date. Till date nothing. I dont know wetin to do again. I cant move the admission again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by adeyinkaadetunj: 3:09pm On Jul 30, 2022
Rheality:
Hello House, it's PPR for me ooo. It's actually less than 24hours I keyed into NSPPD prayer. May 14th Applicant. I'll send my timeline shortly

Capable God

Congratulations...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by adeyinkaadetunj: 3:11pm On Jul 30, 2022
Trailblazer21:
Guys is it possible to get BVL without any other follow up message on approval or refusal?
Got a notification to check my application and it’s only BVL that is there, and application is still processing?

Omo IRCC

Have you later received your PPR?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ron5ke: 3:14pm On Jul 30, 2022
Thanks. I have been sending webforms and mails to Nairobi. Nairobi replied 2days ago that my application is still on queue. They gave covid 19 as an excuse for the delay in finalizing.
LuvNLight:
Reply to that mail that said they will finalize before you resume. or send a mail to Nairobi office and also send web forms. your application is long overdue

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by DorcasTobi: 3:23pm On Jul 30, 2022
Hello everyone,
I applied for a student visa on the 7th of February this year but I have not been given a response yet. I tried calling IRCC, after several attempts that took over 3 days I was finally able to talk to an agent who told me that my application is in the Canadian branch in Kenya. I called the branch in Kenya but it turns out that study visa applicants are not allowed to talk to agents but I sent 2 emails but I have not been given a reply yet.
Is there any way that any of you can be of assistance to me, maybe by giving me an email or number I can call for assistance because I have already been given full admission to Uottawa which is supposed to resume on the first of September and my parents want to buy a ticket before the prices increase.
@Lekiboboe,@ketima,@mrprolifik,@tecoon2020@showyoung,@technix
Thank you and I look forward to your reply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by AkeemTy(m): 3:41pm On Jul 30, 2022
One way flight tickets to Canada have gone off the roof.

Things are not looking so good.

(1) (2) (3) ... (916) (917) (918) (919) (920)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.