Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,108 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (907702 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Demmy10: 9:42pm On Feb 15, 2022
emmalextemtop:

No; you don't need to pay anything to get your full offer unless there are slight academic issues on your Transcript which i doubt as a Nigerian Graduate.

You will be issued your full letter of acceptance if you pass the admission processes/requirement's but to take hold/maintain/secure that seat of admission in your program, then you have to pay the stipulated tution fee within a month and to also show commitment... mostly first semester fee for a start.

Nagode!
It will end in praise for us all.
Oh I guess I misunderstood his question, you submit your transcript and if you meet your admission requirement you would be issued letter of acceptance...

No need to pay before you are issued admission letter...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by promo4(m): 9:51pm On Feb 15, 2022
freedomtours:

Wow....nice one bro
Drop your email for me I will like to reach you.

onyedikapromise @ gmail com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Taiyejenny(f): 9:55pm On Feb 15, 2022
Good evening all… I have a problem and I know I can only get the solution here. .. haven’t been working for a while now lost my job in 2020 due to the pandemic but I’ve been doing my business , but my business is not registered…regarding proof of funds , how do I do it if I put self sponsor? because the form on the ircc site says if you’re sponsoring yourself you need to provide your business CAC etc, and I don’t have that… my brother doesn’t have much in his account and my parent doesn’t run their account as well, what do you think I can do ? Can someone put money in my account and I’ll just tell the vo it’s a gift deed ? I’m confused � I don’t know what to do … pls help me

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 10:03pm On Feb 15, 2022
Hello ARRIVA

No one can help you do your police certificate because your fingerprints will be required, and we all know no tow person have the same fingerprint not even Identical Twins.. So you have to do it yourself..

At the same time, you can get your Study visa without a Police certificate as we have seen many applicants on this thread getting their PPR without ay Police certificate..

Peace
ARRIVA:
Is it possible for someone to apply for Nigeria police certificate on my behalf? As i am not available to do it myslef.

Cc: Makano, Ketima, Frankrobbn1

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 10:08pm On Feb 15, 2022
Yes you can..

I am available at the moment

Peace
Naturalobserver:

Plz I'd like to to chat with u sir
Can I send a msg to the email provided on ur signature?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Julmbachu: 10:18pm On Feb 15, 2022
Good evening House, pls I’m at the verge of applying for my Study permit, my employer is sponsoring me & they also double as my marriage sponsor( Catholics would understand better) I have photo proof. Now here is my concern; is it wise I mention them as my marriage sponsor and back it up with pictures which is the major reason they chose to sponsor me or just leave it official as my employer? It is a full sponsorship and the management have sworn d affidavit of sponsorship & also the letter as well as we notarizing the bond and agreement. Is it necessary I put my bank statement even though there’s no tangible money in it? Finally pls which of the portals should I use? And at what point am I to pay the visa fee? Pls gurus in the house I need your input as I intend to submit my application on Friday for May intake. I’m a first time applicant @anon113 @Makano @ketima @frankrobbn1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 10:22pm On Feb 15, 2022
Hello Lizabeth

Check the validity of your Medical examination, that happens when the Medical examination isn't valid again..

You should expect an update from IRCC as regards that..

Peace
Lizabeth36:
Good morning everyone, I'm kind of confused... my medical was passed Feb 8t. I logged in into my portal this morning then I saw it has been changed to *you do not need a medical exam, we will message you if this changes*
Is there anything I should be bothered about?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 10:23pm On Feb 15, 2022
Obviously

Peace
Bayor65:

“We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.“ Does this means eligibility has started?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 10:27pm On Feb 15, 2022
Hello Damask

I am surprised you said Access isnt going through, many applicants here have made use of ACCESS Debit card to pay cos of their $300 Limit..

In case you are still having issues with naija debit cards, you can make use of Fluterware or if you have anybody you really trust in Canada, you can send the naira equivalent to the person while the person pays for you..

Peace
Damask:
Good day Mates. Please, how do I pay for my student visa fee? I made use of the new portal and have been finding difficult to pay. All the cards were declining. I have used Gtb,Stanbic, Wema, Access, Fcmb, Unity but to no avail. Please, help out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 10:28pm On Feb 15, 2022
Hello demure

Medical examination for Canada visa application is valid for 365 days i.e 1 year..

Peace
demure178:
Please, how many years doors q-life / IOM medical report expires?

I did my screen last year March, and I would be traveling by April. Should I book another appointment? Or I don’t need another medical result?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 10:32pm On Feb 15, 2022
Hello jManity

Most schools in Canada do not require IELTS

Peace
jmanity:
Please, are there schools in Canada that do not require IELTS for masters?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 10:36pm On Feb 15, 2022
Hello kingjms010

$I500CAD for Visa Processing?

Guess the Agent has his own DLI Institution in Canada, cos that amount is what most schools take as DEPOSITE FEE..

So one agent is charging the exact Deposit fee of a DLI in Canada? its alright..

If you like yourself, you better make a U-turn..

Peace
kingjms010:
Good afternoon! I'm praying we all share our testimonies on this thread soon.

Please I'm processing my admission through an agent (agency)... I have been given admission at Sault College through this agency.. The first part of the tuition has been paid already, but this agency is requesting for 1500CAD for Visa processing... Please, I would like to know if this is the standard.. Anyone to share light on this should please do biko as I feel like this fee is too high...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Legacyedition: 10:37pm On Feb 15, 2022
Baphil:
Yes, there were lump sums from her siblings which were explained. Her siblings even wrote confirming they were supporting her with amounts sent into her account.

Below might be the reason for refusal.

People don't like my solution to something like this .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 10:40pm On Feb 15, 2022
Hello Alchemist

Your question will be best answered in the thread of Nigerians living in Canada.

Find below the link.

https://www.nairaland.com/4933819/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/539#110207026

Peace
Alchemist01:
Hello Guys,

For people based in Canada, what is the easiest way to send money from your Nigerian bank account to your Canadian bank account and from your Canadian bank account to your Nigerian bank account with ease and reasonable transaction charge??

I use Scotia Bank.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lotathebaby: 10:49pm On Feb 15, 2022
Butterflyita:
It’s PPR GUYS��������

My story is long and I may not have the timeline correctly bear with me, I’ll post the second timeline because the first one I’m not sure of since the agent I used didn’t let me have access to my profile

This journey started in 2020 basically, that’s when I contacted one popular Canada agent, she’s the one that got admission for me in Crandall university, which I later regretted because the school is way expensive for a one year program but so far I reach there, every other thing will be sorted. So after I got admission I applied in February 2021 with my husband through the agent, for her services we paid over 2k cad, and we got rejected, I was dismayed after all the money spent and all, so the agent told us to try again but was now advising I apply alone, I asked her why she didn’t say this in the first place and she said she can’t tell IRCC’s decision sometimes they approve both partners, other times they disapprove, for this reapplication she was charging 1500CAD, I wasn’t having it, I was pissed after paying more than 2kCAD and was refused, I was asking for a discount and that was the last time I heard from her, meanwhile my husband was on naira land by then and came across frankrobben , that guy was just God sent, after our first consultation he pointed out mistakes made in my first application and what we would do differently this time around , he said I would have to apply alone and gave me cogent reasons, we agreed and hired him. This guy went to work, gave me a list of documents to provide, wrote a very strong SOP AND LOE, even me sef I believe and he submitted in august, guess what happened, another rejection.. see ehn at this point I was pissed because first the reason they even gave was funny, that I didn’t have career prospects at home even when I submitted a letter from my employer granting me a partially paid study leave, with an opportunity for promotion when I get back. See ehn at this point I was done, I called my husband and frank, told them I’m facing UK Abeg and I’m done, after much back and forth, Frank said madam listen I understand how frustrating this is but trust me it’ll be worth it at the end and that did it. We decided to go with JR because we were sure their reason wasn’t good at all, so we contacted a lawyer in Canada and we began the process, I asked the lawyer how long the process will take she said 3 months, surprisingly after she filed and wrote to the defense counsel stating why we were going to court and how their decision was faulty from the start, in less than 7 days they reached out to her for a settlement and reopened my file requested for updated documents , I submitted them again. They asked for medicals, I gave them and now PPR. Please if you know you submitted a strong application and they still refuse you, if you can afford it go for a JR, my experience taught me that this people don’t go through our application thoroughly, I think once they see Nigeria it’s a negative and they refuse without valid reading . Well it has ended in praise. This platform taught me a lot or my husband a lot because he was the one that introduced me to this platform and this is where we met Frank. I always look out for ppr stories and landing gist and promised myself that I’ll post mine when it happens. It’ll end in praise for all of us. Thank you

Congratulations on your PPR. please, after your JR settlement, how long did it take them to reopen your case?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by boljmak: 11:02pm On Feb 15, 2022
My great people kindly help me to confirm if this mails are correct Email: abuja@vfsglobal.gc-cc.online lagos@vfsglobal.gc-cc.online
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Julmbachu: 11:44pm On Feb 15, 2022
Good evening House, pls I’m at the verge of applying for my Study permit, my employer is sponsoring me & they also double as my marriage sponsor( Catholics would understand better) I have photo proof. Now here is my concern; is it wise I mention them as my marriage sponsor and back it up with pictures which is the major reason they chose to sponsor me or just leave it official as my employer? It is a full sponsorship and the management have sworn d affidavit of sponsorship & also the letter as well as we notarizing the bond and agreement. Is it necessary I put my bank statement even though there’s no tangible money in it? Finally pls which of the portals should I use? And at what point am I to pay the visa fee? Pls gurus in the house I need your input as I intend to submit my application on Friday for May intake. I’m a first time applicant @anon113 @Makano @ketima @frankrobbn1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Damask: 11:47pm On Feb 15, 2022
makano:
Hello Damask

I am surprised you said Access isnt going through, many applicants here have made use of ACCESS Debit card to pay cos of their $300 Limit..

In case you are still having issues with naija debit cards, you can make use of Fluterware or if you have anybody you really trust in Canada, you can send the naira equivalent to the person while the person pays for you..

Peace

I used a debit Access bank card but declined. Flutterwave? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Vanmanzik2551(m): 12:16am On Feb 16, 2022
Pls house I have a little issue.was given letter of admission by capebreton uni as an undergraduate program.wat am confused right now is if am starting by study permit application will I pay for the tuition during the visa processing or after bin issued visa.thanks and congrats to u all in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by PatrickOkunima(m): 12:50am On Feb 16, 2022
Please house, I need your help:

Which Canadian college (DLI) offers admission within two weeks of applying for PG certificate or diploma in Accounting?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Flowwwwbiz(m): 1:28am On Feb 16, 2022
Good day house…After passport has been sent for visa stamping is there any communication from them to show that they have gotten the passport. I got my passport request a while ago and I’ve sent my passport through dhl I paid for 2 courier.Dhl has confirmed that the package has been delivered but I’ve not gotten any email or anything from them that they have received it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Kingseann: 1:34am On Feb 16, 2022
Flowwwwbiz:
Good day house…After passport has been sent for visa stamping is there any communication from them to show that they have gotten the passport. I got my passport request a while ago and I’ve sent my passport through dhl I paid for 2 courier.Dhl has confirmed that the package has been delivered but I’ve not gotten any email or anything from them that they have received it.
calm down you will receive a message from vfs soon
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Kingseann: 1:34am On Feb 16, 2022
Flowwwwbiz:
try and check your spam in your email just incase
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by deebee13(f): 3:11am On Feb 16, 2022
makano:
Hello WiZiggy

What is the status on your tradesystem?

I will advise you contact your bank and inform them that your school's deadline is the next day...

Peace

Hello @makano, I have a similar case as wiziggy, I've been going to the bank almost every day, but the payment finally went through yesterday (15th Feb), which was the deadline for the payment.
My issue now is that, Gtbank is yet to send me a proof of payment (telex), aside the alert (text message) I got.
I applied to Centennial College Toronto, and the deposit letter states that if I've not paid by 15th, I might not get an acceptance letter if the program is full.

I don't know what to do at this point please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by HonWise(m): 3:13am On Feb 16, 2022
Congratulations

Semtu:
I just got my PPR request for my MSc program at the University of Saskatchewan which begins May, 2022. I applied through the regular portal, GCKey.

Thanks for everyone who answered my questions whenever I asked. I really appreciate you all. Special thanks to @Ketima @anon.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by BeejayB: 3:46am On Feb 16, 2022
PatrickOkunima:
Please house, I need your help:

Which Canadian college (DLI) offers admission within two weeks of applying for PG certificate or diploma in Accounting?

Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Scott99tish(m): 4:58am On Feb 16, 2022
One of them.
Imagine coming back with more questions without giving back to the house.

Did you inform house when you got PPR ?
Timeline with documents submitted ?
Well, maybe someone else will answer you sha but this is not nice at all.

Regards.
Flowwwwbiz:

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Deronke1: 5:25am On Feb 16, 2022
Hi guys, so my husband and I decided to follow the advice I earlier got here on Nairaland that we shouldn't both apply for student visa. He has decided to be the student and for me, open work permit.
Please before we make another mistake, what are the criteria to achieve that, especially for the open work permit.
I currently work at nafdac and that's my only work experience, 1year.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Sand4love(f): 6:30am On Feb 16, 2022
Semtu:
I’m in tears, just few days ago I was worried that my POFdocuments might not be sufficient.

It can only be God’s Favour, I submitted my application December 18th through GCKey and it got approved on February 14th.

Thanks to everyone that helped me along the way.

Congratulations, may the land of Canada favour you.
Please can you throw more light on *GCKey*
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by PatrickOkunima(m): 6:36am On Feb 16, 2022
BeejayB:

Southern Alberta Institute of Technology

Thanks and God bless you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ketima: 6:40am On Feb 16, 2022
Julmbachu:

Hello Julmbachu,

One thing in using a 3rd party sponsor is you have to prove beyond doubt why the person(s) have chosen to Sponsor you and what he/she stands to gain from sponsoring you. Also they try to check if the person ever sponsored you or just woke up or morning and decided to sposnor you? Now, is good he/she was your wedding Sponsor, so why would you want to leave that important information out?

So I would advice that you state it clearly in your SOP that he/she have always sponsored you and even sponsored your wedding. Attach wedding card that showed where it is stated he/she is your sponsor, then also attach picture proof (if you have pictures of you, your family and the sposnor at different functions) to solidify your proof. This is just to prove established long term relationship with this sposnor.

Now it happens your sponsor is your MD/CEO and your employer right? Now since the fund is coming from the company account, you will need board of directors letter of authorization, which will state that the board is aware of the Sponsorship and have consented to it.

Also, let your sponsor draft a letter with title "LETTER OF EXPLANATION". In this letter, Let him/her discus this points

1) Why he/she wants to sponsor you?

2) Relationship to applicant and previous sponsorship to applicant. (Why you explain yours in your SOP, this is where your sposnor will now explain his or her own sponsors he/she has rendered to you) please let your own and his/her own explanation not be same (plagiarism) but be explaining same thing. So if you're the one to draft it, let your choice of english be different but mean same thing.

3) How financially stable he/she is. Here, he/she explain how financially stable he/she is to sponsor you without it affecting the business, taking care of his immediate family.

4) What he/she and the company stands to gain from sponsoring you.

Then let him/her conclude the letter with summary of the 4points discussed above (Just summary).

Please since he/she is sponsoring you from the company account, Let him/her notarize this LOE along with sponsorship Letter, sponsorship declaration, board of directors consent letter all typed in company's letter headed paper, sign and stamp where necessary, then send it for notarizing.

Yes you need to attach your statement of accounts, preferably your salary account to show inflows and outflows and not all about sitting balance as you already have sposnor. Payslips, leave letter approval letter, etc

As for the portal to use and apply with, is your choice. I don't encourage anyone to use a preferred one. Both serve same purpose. As per how fast each is, someone by name Semtu applied through the GCKey ( the one applicants here call old portal lol, and got decision so fast that even the ones who applied with the new portal before him/her are still waiting. So the choice is yours. But have one thing in mind, in the new portal, the max size of documents to be uploaded is 2mb while in GCKey is 4mb. So make your choice ok

That's my little opinion. Let others guide you too.

All the best.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ketima: 6:44am On Feb 16, 2022
Vanmanzik2551:
Pls house I have a little issue.was given letter of admission by capebreton uni as an undergraduate program.wat am confused right now is if am starting by study permit application will I pay for the tuition during the visa processing or after bin issued visa.thanks and congrats to u all in advance.

Hello Vanmanzik,

Was there any deposite amount asked by the school to be paid at a specified time frame? If non, it is now at your discretion to pay a term or year tuition just to justify and solidify your claim that you actually want to go and study. But note that even paying 1 year tuition doesn't guarantee visa approval.

Many have gotten visa without paying a dime and many have being refused even after paying tuition of the whole program.

All you need is package your application well, show strong home ties back home and enough POF that will show how you have enough fund to pay for tuition(s) and living expenses for the duration of your studies.

All the best.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.