Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,511 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

IELTS: English Proficiency Test Cost As Against The French Proficiency Test Cost - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / IELTS: English Proficiency Test Cost As Against The French Proficiency Test Cost (25302 Views)

English Proficiency Test, An Advantage For Nigerians – UK Envoy / *Help Stop English Proficiency Exams For Africans From Commonwealth Countries* / ₦90m Flyboard Strapped To Feet Wows The French President. Outruns Lambo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IELTS: English Proficiency Test Cost As Against The French Proficiency Test Cost by SouthSultan(m): 1:01am On Jan 27, 2022
Mynd44:

Why?

Imagine this. The government spends billions subsidizing education for you all, free primary school, free secondary school, cheap universities(compared to other countries) in the hope that when you graduate, you will advance the country but you want to travel out (japa) with all the financial commitments the government have done for you and you still expect this same government to make it easy for you to travel out?

Imagine you spend money sending a woman/man to school thinking when done two of you can marry and be happy but alas, the person falls in love with someone else and says you are below his/her standard but still expects you to foot the wedding bill.

Or you as MD spends money training staff and the staff decides to just up and leave yet expects you to pay for transportation to the new firm.

The Nigerian government owes you nothing in this IELTS fight.

You speak of government subsidizing education, I laughed hard!

Are you referring to many public officials today that paid little to nothing for education during their own time?

I currently have Masters in Public Administration, and I am still looking for job, hoping on God because I don't have a strong connect in Abuja. What then is the value of the supposed subsidized education when there are no jobs?

So you want make we nor japa abi? We should sit and watch when they won't give opportunity to apply what was learnt in school!

You are a suspect!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: IELTS: English Proficiency Test Cost As Against The French Proficiency Test Cost by LaReinaa(f): 1:06am On Jan 27, 2022
ednut1:
the equivalent is french TEF. In 2019 it was 160k . Your post is baseless
Don’t mind the olodo.
So many unintelligent folks on this app always quick to make baseless posts.. this app has lost it completely!

4 Likes

Re: IELTS: English Proficiency Test Cost As Against The French Proficiency Test Cost by SouthSultan(m): 1:08am On Jan 27, 2022
LaReinaa:
With all due respect @Op, you’re an illiterate.. you should always do your research before posting what you don’t know!

IELTS isn’t equivalent to DELF..
IELTS is equivalent to TEF and TEF examination is 200k valid for thesame 2years as IELTS..

DELF is valid for life but it’s only recognized in France and other francophone countries.
You also do not write DELF at ones.. you have DELF A1.. A2.. B1.. B2.. etc..
DELF is a diploma certification.

Always do a little bit of research before posting so you don’t mislead people!

As for the mode that moved this to front page, I have no words for you!

I come in peace!

Thank you very much madam literacy. More than one issue was raised in the post, how do you address the others? I.e the expiration of the IELTS or TEF results every two years?

2 Likes

Re: IELTS: English Proficiency Test Cost As Against The French Proficiency Test Cost by LaReinaa(f): 1:09am On Jan 27, 2022
WoundedLamb:
IELTS should be compared with TEF. The cost is about 100k in Naira and it's valid for 5 years.
TEF is 190 to 200k and it’s valid for 2years

3 Likes

Re: IELTS: English Proficiency Test Cost As Against The French Proficiency Test Cost by ddeola: 1:12am On Jan 27, 2022
ROBBERY of the highest order. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: IELTS: English Proficiency Test Cost As Against The French Proficiency Test Cost by LaReinaa(f): 1:13am On Jan 27, 2022
SouthSultan:

Thank you very much madam literacy. More than one issue was raised in the post, how do you address the others? I.e the expiration of the IELTS or TEF results every two years?
I don’t care about the topic, I only care about the misleading information you put out there for the whole world to see.. a proper research would’ve been better! This is the main problem we have with social media and bloggers today. Putting up false information inorder to get traffic!

5 Likes

Re: IELTS: English Proficiency Test Cost As Against The French Proficiency Test Cost by WoundedLamb: 1:41am On Jan 27, 2022
LaReinaa:

TEF is 190 to 200k and it’s valid for 2years

Oh... it's about c$440 here. That's less than N150k.

Yes, it's valid for 2 years. I just reread my post. I don't know where I got the 5 years from. Lol
Re: IELTS: English Proficiency Test Cost As Against The French Proficiency Test Cost by WoundedLamb: 1:44am On Jan 27, 2022
LaReinaa:
With all due respect @Op, you’re an illiterate.. you should always do your research before posting what you don’t know!

IELTS isn’t equivalent to DELF..
IELTS is equivalent to TEF and TEF examination is 200k valid for thesame 2years as IELTS..

DELF is valid for life but it’s only recognized in France and other francophone countries.
You also do not write DELF at ones.. you have DELF A1.. A2.. B1.. B2.. etc..
DELF is a diploma certification.

Always do a little bit of research before posting so you don’t mislead people!

As for the mode that moved this to front page, I have no words for you!

I come in peace!

You can actually jump to B2 without taking A1, A2 and B1 if you're up to it.

1 Like

Re: IELTS: English Proficiency Test Cost As Against The French Proficiency Test Cost by chamboy(m): 1:49am On Jan 27, 2022
SouthSultan:
Have you ever wondered why the highly sought English Proficiency Test (IELTS) so expensive as against other foreign language tests? Why e dey rise everyday like garri wen dem pour water?

I know that the demand is high, as its a major requisite by educational institutions abroad, either for work or study. But as compared to the French Proficiency test taken by francophone countries for the same purposes, it is way too expensive.

How can one undergo all his studies in English Language ( from primary to tertiary) and would still have to write a test that its result expires every two years? Do we tend to forget the skills of English learnt after the two years(even if there is basis for the test) or what?

Those at the helm of affairs in the educational sector should please take this on and treat as urgent, even the poor wan comot for this country too. We dey beg!
Both of them are theives. We need to do our Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa Profiency test for this fools too.
Re: IELTS: English Proficiency Test Cost As Against The French Proficiency Test Cost by chamboy(m): 1:51am On Jan 27, 2022
All them Oyinbo wey dey become Nigeria Citizen or PR should be Proficience in one or more local language. Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa.
If we go through that rubbish just to stay in a country they don't own.
Re: IELTS: English Proficiency Test Cost As Against The French Proficiency Test Cost by vickydevoka(m): 2:02am On Jan 27, 2022
cosmatika:
I doubt if UK will ever remove ielts for Nigerians hoping to relocate to the country. They make mad money from it, so e go hard.
One thing I've discovered in all my travels to the UK is that the number of people with foreign passport at the UK border at Heathrow is more than 40x the people with UK passport. But wen I return to Lagos Airport, the number of Nigerian passport is 80x the number of people with foreign passports(most are even Nigerians with foreign citizenship)

That shows that while foreiners are running to the UK, only few foreigners enter Nigeria
UK uses waec na
Re: IELTS: English Proficiency Test Cost As Against The French Proficiency Test Cost by joyandfaith: 2:10am On Jan 27, 2022
Mynd44:

Why?

Imagine this. The government spends billions subsidizing education for you all, free primary school, free secondary school, cheap universities(compared to other countries) in the hope that when you graduate, you will advance the country but you want to travel out (japa) with all the financial commitments the government have done for you and you still expect this same government to make it easy for you to travel out?

Imagine you spend money sending a woman/man to school thinking when done two of you can marry and be happy but alas, the person falls in love with someone else and says you are below his/her standard but still expects you to foot the wedding bill.

Or you as MD spends money training staff and the staff decides to just up and leave yet expects you to pay for transportation to the new firm.

I don't think you are that intelligent to be a moderator. The topic is about comparing cost of ietls and French proficiency test. Learn to focus on the topic without derailing.

4 Likes

Re: IELTS: English Proficiency Test Cost As Against The French Proficiency Test Cost by mfm04622: 2:59am On Jan 27, 2022
donbachi:
E no go come down.mind u.the only thing dat rises and falls in nigeria,is prick.

This is world wide, not only Nigeria

1 Like

Re: IELTS: English Proficiency Test Cost As Against The French Proficiency Test Cost by BleedTears: 3:46am On Jan 27, 2022
post=109720641:

Lol cheesy
Chairman,
You even got the time to explain basic English to these kids in here.
We have realized that replying them is just a waste of time and space,
Hence we ignoring such entities.
Thanks for teaching him the basics.
That is social media for you,
A place where some uncultured kids abuse those the age of their parents.
The best thing is just to ignore and move on.
We found out that ignoring them kills them more cool.

How many mentions are we even gonna reply,
A quater of the mentions you see below (screenshot attached) are from this trolls and nonentities,
While the remaining 75% are from our clients, friends and well wishers on Nairaland.

Thanks for the heads-up sir.
And thanks for taking your time out to school the kiddo.
Do have a wonderful year ahead!
One Love.

Well said.
But do you actually think that understanding English or the technicality of English, makes you an adult and makes the other person who does not understand English a kid?

If so, you have a very long way to go my friend, because English is just another language just like your own native language and is not a determinant for success or a prove of knowledge.
Re: IELTS: English Proficiency Test Cost As Against The French Proficiency Test Cost by BleedTears: 3:52am On Jan 27, 2022
LaReinaa:

Don’t mind the olodo.
So many unintelligent folks on this app always quick to make baseless posts.. this app has lost it completely!
That you don't know about something, does not mean you're unintelligent my friend.
You cannot know everything.

1 Like

Re: IELTS: English Proficiency Test Cost As Against The French Proficiency Test Cost by wink2015(m): 3:54am On Jan 27, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:
You people should stop this rubbish. How dear you compare education in France to that of the UK? UK is far better. How many go to France to school?

Our English in Naija is different from UK and US English. Let us be serious here.

Also, your currency is the wahala. This is the same amount all other non speaking English countries pay. You are subjected to it cos many of you cannot speak good English. And your accent is bad. Go and watch Nollywood and listen to how they yell like people from another world. Common "TH", you cannot pronounce well. No one is saying you should form fake Amerikana accent, but pronounce clearly.

Una wan japa, you dey call govt to fight this for you. Una no serious. I dont understand how people dont use their brains to know the right cause to fight. The same exam has been there for a long time. Even Ahmadu Bello, Obafemi Awolowo and other did the test in 1940s. Did they complain of the money to write it? TOEFL is for the US.

Go face the economy of your nation. Get us good leaders. Vote wisely. Let us make naija better. It's your currency killing you and not IELTS. This is to show you that Naija is dead.

NORTHERN NIGERIA POLITICAL LEADERS ARE THE PEOPLE DESTROYiNG NIGERIA.

Tell them to build the country they are either unwilling to accept reforms or lack the capacity to do it.

See the huge loans President Muhammadu Buhari has taken in the name of governance even though he has not prove to Nigeria an effective template to spend the money
Re: IELTS: English Proficiency Test Cost As Against The French Proficiency Test Cost by whirlwind7(m): 3:59am On Jan 27, 2022
Mynd44:

Why?

Here's one of the mods and his view.
Well, it is a matter of time before this pseudo patriotism of yours gets a bloody nose from same govt you're trying to justify.
Nigeria is bound to happen to you as well. It is a matter of time.
Do you think those guys who travel overseas in search of better living had better option in a Nigeria that has consistently refused to work and put things in place that would encourage it's citizens to stay home?

Why didn't you insist that it is the citizen that was supposed to provide stable electricity, water, good roads, security, healthcare and every other factor that will encourage steady development and industrialization?
The few who braved the odds to start a business after the below par education the govt "subsidized" got frustrated quick enough and packed it up.
Oh, you haven't learned that Nigeria has got one of the worst indices of doing business?

I never needed that IELTS, but the argument there is valid. At least why can't the test result be valid for life, no matter the cost of it?

3 Likes

Re: IELTS: English Proficiency Test Cost As Against The French Proficiency Test Cost by BleedTears: 4:09am On Jan 27, 2022
chinchum:
Most Nigerian youths fail to realise the boldened.

Chairman this is not true,

First you can compare the standard of the education there with ours, especially science subjects.

2. They also subsidize their school for their citizens go check it out, and even some schools are free for their citizens as well with quality education.

Re: IELTS: English Proficiency Test Cost As Against The French Proficiency Test Cost by benebaby77: 4:14am On Jan 27, 2022
Mynd44:

Why?

So, because government purportedly spend so much on education and one seems like one of the beneficiaries implies that one has to die prematurely with this level of insecurity in the country.

You compare the education cost with other countries why don't you compare cost of living, minimum wages, standard of living et cetera.

What of those that have not been to public school?
Re: IELTS: English Proficiency Test Cost As Against The French Proficiency Test Cost by bilulu(m): 4:26am On Jan 27, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:
You people should stop this rubbish. How dear you compare education in France to that of the UK? UK is far better. How many go to France to school?

Our English in Naija is different from UK and US English. Let us be serious here.

Also, your currency is the wahala. This is the same amount all other non speaking English countries pay. You are subjected to it cos many of you cannot speak good English. And your accent is bad. Go and watch Nollywood and listen to how they yell like people from another world. Common "TH", you cannot pronounce well. No one is saying you should form fake Amerikana accent, but pronounce clearly.

Una wan japa, you dey call govt to fight this for you. Una no serious. I dont understand how people dont use their brains to know the right cause to fight. The same exam has been there for a long time. Even Ahmadu Bello, Obafemi Awolowo and other did the test in 1940s. Did they complain of the money to write it? TOEFL is for the US.

Go face the economy of your nation. Get us good leaders. Vote wisely. Let us make naija better. It's your currency killing you and not IELTS. This is to show you that Naija is dead.
our currency is the problem, I wrote IELTS in Canada 2019 the cost was $340 plus tax, and that's still the price today.... Nigerians really don't know how it works
Re: IELTS: English Proficiency Test Cost As Against The French Proficiency Test Cost by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 4:51am On Jan 27, 2022
Where can one sign the petition.
It is absolute rubbish writing that ietls in an Anglophone country
Re: IELTS: English Proficiency Test Cost As Against The French Proficiency Test Cost by CSTRR: 4:52am On Jan 27, 2022
cosmatika:
I doubt if UK will ever remove ielts for Nigerians hoping to relocate to the country. They make mad money from it, so e go hard.
One thing I've discovered in all my travels to the UK is that the number of people with foreign passport at the UK border at Heathrow is more than 40x the people with UK passport. But wen I return to Lagos Airport, the number of Nigerian passport is 80x the number of people with foreign passports(most are even Nigerians with foreign citizenship)

That shows that while foreiners are running to the UK, only few foreigners enter Nigeria
Thanks for the obvious, Sherlock.
Re: IELTS: English Proficiency Test Cost As Against The French Proficiency Test Cost by CSTRR: 4:54am On Jan 27, 2022
benebaby77:

So, because government purportedly spend so much on education and one seems like one of the beneficiaries implies that one has to die prematurely with this level of insecurity in the country.

You compare the education cost with other countries why don't you compare cost of living, minimum wages, standard of living et cetera.

What of those that have not been to public school?
No, he is saying Nigerian govt does not owe you anything in your Japa hustle.

Don't you think so?

Are you expecting the govt to help you leave Nigeria and take your skills elsewhere?

Think am well na.

3 Likes

Re: IELTS: English Proficiency Test Cost As Against The French Proficiency Test Cost by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 4:57am On Jan 27, 2022
Mynd44:

Why?

U ve connection to get job.

95% are not given the privilege to serve.

No money to even bribe to get the job
Re: IELTS: English Proficiency Test Cost As Against The French Proficiency Test Cost by Mordecai(m): 5:05am On Jan 27, 2022
Mynd44:

Why?

angry

Wrong. So wrong.

Diaspora remittances is the almost the largest source of foreign exchange in Nigeria, second only to crude oil.

The forex from crude oil gets stolen by government officials and somehow find their way back out of the country illegally, but a large percentage of these diaspora remittances actually go into growing our economy.

In 2020, CBN actually tried to make policies that would take advantage of these remittances to crash the dollar rates. Till date, they pay N5 for every incoming dollar.

When Okonjo-Iweala was Finance minister, she once mooted the idea of Nigeria formalising policies to officially become an exporter of labour.

In a nutshell, the Nigerian economy actually gets far more in value from those travelling out than it ever gave them while they were here.

Now, the economy is spending forex it does not have on IELTS. Why should the government not take necessary steps to reduce it?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IELTS: English Proficiency Test Cost As Against The French Proficiency Test Cost by Goldbw122(m): 5:07am On Jan 27, 2022
UK have seen Africa country finish, that is all I see
Re: IELTS: English Proficiency Test Cost As Against The French Proficiency Test Cost by Ezyp(m): 5:10am On Jan 27, 2022
frankmoney:
those are the three major languages . So you too park
3 major languages indeed. Abeg shift go corner.
These 3 major languages the reason Nigeria is still backward.
Re: IELTS: English Proficiency Test Cost As Against The French Proficiency Test Cost by 123readygo: 5:10am On Jan 27, 2022
Hmmmmmm
Re: IELTS: English Proficiency Test Cost As Against The French Proficiency Test Cost by IHIEGOD: 5:16am On Jan 27, 2022
Mynd44:

Why?

you are talking nonsense most of the people leaving are either unemployed or underemployed. Does govt have work to give them. In one hospital in imo state govt employ nurses and doctors on contract with peanuts that can't even get them accommodation talk of feeding so if it were you u will remain. Because you studied zoology that is not needed abroad that's why you are talking this rubbish.
Re: IELTS: English Proficiency Test Cost As Against The French Proficiency Test Cost by Raph82(m): 6:00am On Jan 27, 2022
CSTRR:

No, he is saying Nigerian govt does not owe you anything in your Japa hustle.

Don't you think so?

Are you expecting the govt to help you leave Nigeria and take your skills elsewhere?

Think am well na.
But the same government is happy receiving several billions of dollars every year from Nigerians living abroad. Apart from oil, money sent home from abroad is another huge chunk the government relies on.
Re: IELTS: English Proficiency Test Cost As Against The French Proficiency Test Cost by salt1: 6:06am On Jan 27, 2022
joyandfaith:

I don't think you are that intelligent to be a moderator. The topic is about comparing cost of ietls and French proficiency test. Learn to focus on the topic without derailing.

This is a very unkind attack simply because he has a different view from you.

I didn't know that IELTS test now costs 89k courtesy of our dwindling exchange rate. Trust Nigerians. Instead of holding their government accountable for the crashes, they're blaming an organized government for looking out for their own welfare

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Passengers Travelling For Matriculation In Imo Involved In A Motor Accident.PICS / It Is Mental Sickness To Take Pictures And Videos From Accident Scenes / Which Country Can I Move To Legally With ₦10M?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.