Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,233 members, 7,780,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:29 PM

What Would You Do - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Would You Do (764 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Do by Brightw278: 11:50pm On Jan 26, 2022
Pardon my manners, I know this isn’t suppose to be here but I just had to post here because I know it’s the only place I would get engagements.

I’m done with my barchelors, been applying and job is not forthcoming, so I decided to do odd jobs. I have worked in building sites, driver and I do cleaning services on weekends in my estate. This is what I have been surviving on since I graduated. I can afford 3 square meals, change cloths once in a while and buy data or gadgets I desire. I don’t waste money and spend on only important things.

I managed to save up 500k in the last 2 year from my hustle that’s all I have. I’m quite happy with what I’m doing but I’d like to add value to myself I can’t keep working like this to survive.

I have been thinking of going into tech for a while now, I priced a good laptop from a trusted friend and he told me I should get a Mac Pro 2012 which is ideal for what I want to learn (graphic design and web development) and would cost me 140k for the London used.

I would be left with 350k, I’m thinking of applying for masters in a Nigerian university. From my calculations 300k would cover the fees excluding accommodations, feeding textbooks and projects ( I can actually handle these as I would continue working while I school) .

The problem is is it a wise decision to spend all this on masters? I already made up my mind about the tech part and I would be getting a system soon. What would you advice a do.
Re: What Would You Do by Haakeem(m): 11:53pm On Jan 26, 2022
Lalasticlala embarassed biko.
Re: What Would You Do by Brightw278: 11:59pm On Jan 26, 2022
Please lalasticlala help me push this to the front page for engagements, this is a very important decision of my life and I don’t want to make a mistake
Re: What Would You Do by EASYGURU(m): 12:06am On Jan 27, 2022
Masters keh grin grin grin rest abeg.

3 Likes

Re: What Would You Do by Brightw278: 12:17am On Jan 27, 2022
EASYGURU:
Masters keh grin grin grin rest abeg.
give your reasons please
Re: What Would You Do by aloeman15(m): 12:21am On Jan 27, 2022
Brightw278:
Please lalasticlala help me push this to the front page for engagements, this is a very important decision of my life and I don’t want to make a mistake
it's unlikely that it helps you in any defining way.
apply for scholarships.
use free resources to learn what you need.
then-
invest your funds in any FMCG, or buy a bike and learn the trade, before giving it out on HP.
if unappealing, research ICT needs in your area and but 2-5 used tabs for training students in what you do.
a projector is a plus.
check schools that might need and want such, but only do it in contract- not on salary.

modified-
also, look into mobile gaming with the tabs; a few Bluetooth controllers might help, if there's money.
or look into training videos for vocational skills.
God bless.
Re: What Would You Do by Romanoff(f): 12:43am On Jan 27, 2022
My dear, don't use the money for masters o.

Aimoye many people wey get masters abd even PhD wey job no show.

Learn a skill with the money.

You can also add Business analyst or Product design as your options.

If you don't get a salaried job, you can get temporary jobs online.

Many are not getting returns on their masters investment, make you no just do wahala for kpali wey you no go use.

3 Likes

Re: What Would You Do by dingbang(m): 2:50am On Jan 27, 2022
Which useless masters. Abeg enter tech.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do by helinues: 4:24am On Jan 27, 2022
Make enough money before proceeding with the masters.

Remember if Politicians are talking. Professors mostly keep their ideas to themselves
Re: What Would You Do by FERNANDEZISBACK: 6:48am On Jan 27, 2022
Why are you spending so much on education tho? undecided undecided

Why not learn a skill and establish yourself once you are good at it..? undecided
You can learn programming..web designing..you can even start a blog of your own and start Makin money..
Java..csharp learn em if you are interested..

Or you can just go for a vocational skill like fashion designing.. being a chef and many others..
Just pick one you are interested in and go for it oo..stop spending and spending on education that ain't gonna give you something meaningful..
Re: What Would You Do by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 7:14am On Jan 27, 2022
An investment on the mind is never a waste. Luck is when preparation meets opportunity, I know you've heard that saying before but I want you to know that your preparations today via masters and the tech will surely meet an opportunity tomorrow and you'll be glad you took this risk. I'm happy you've mastered the saving culture because it takes great discipline, a discipline I've seen you possess in abundance. The Sky is your limit

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do by Mophor: 7:27am On Jan 27, 2022
Issokay!!!
Re: What Would You Do by pansophist(m): 7:39am On Jan 27, 2022
Youre preparing for an imaginary future that doesn't exist or that is eroding quickly, and that is piling up certificate. I know going for masters give you some bragging rights, and makes you feel like you're doing something reasonable with your life, but bro, for most people, you're wasting your time and money as well.

I won't tell you not to go for masters, but don't spend the money and time you don't have on something with less chance for success. One thing you should be very greedy of is your time, but sadly, people tend to be greedy with their money, but generous with their time. Look around you, how many graduates have befitting jobs? And it's same abroad okay? Right now, the waiters, taxi guys, delivery guys are master degree holders, some even PhD.

Focus on your skills. Just look at our forefathers, grandparents and your parents, they mostly had skills not certificate. They gave the public what they want and were paid for it. With their dignity, control of their time and no egoistic boss commanding them like kids. Focus on your skills and freelance for a start, then progressively establish yourself in whatever field you choose, and that's the surest way to financial freedom.

4 Likes

Re: What Would You Do by DonroxyII: 7:57pm On Jan 28, 2022
Brightw278:
Pardon my manners, I know this isn’t suppose to be here but I just had to post here because I know it’s the only place I would get engagements.

I’m done with my barchelors, been applying and job is not forthcoming, so I decided to do odd jobs. I have worked in building sites, driver and I do cleaning services on weekends in my estate. This is what I have been surviving on since I graduated. I can afford 3 square meals, change cloths once in a while and buy data or gadgets I desire. I don’t waste money and spend on only important things.

I managed to save up 500k in the last 2 year from my hustle that’s all I have. I’m quite happy with what I’m doing but I’d like to add value to myself I can’t keep working like this to survive.

I have been thinking of going into tech for a while now, I priced a good laptop from a trusted friend and he told me I should get a Mac Pro 2012 which is ideal for what I want to learn (graphic design and web development) and would cost me 140k for the London used.

I would be left with 350k, I’m thinking of applying for masters in a Nigerian university. From my calculations 300k would cover the fees excluding accommodations, feeding textbooks and projects ( I can actually handle these as I would continue working while I school) .

The problem is is it a wise decision to spend all this on masters? I already made up my mind about the tech part and I would be getting a system soon. What would you advice a do.
Dedicate Your time and Hustles for the Tech and Your Side Hustles. After Your Tech Trainings possibly One Year of Sweats then Go for the Master. You would have saved More because Master is both Financial and Mental Zapping.

If What You are looking for is Mental Development to seeing the World in Bigger Perspective scientifically, Masters will help you with That because you will be imbibed with Investigative Skills and ability to Ask Succint Questions and Provide Succinct answers. Trust me, You will be trained and never be the same again for ever if you pay critical attention to the Modules of Knowledges dangling before You.

If the Essence of Your Master is to make Solely money (not Knowledge), You may be Dissapointed in the Long-run because Your monetary Objective will strikeout the Knowledge Module. But trust me Masters Knowledge will make You Money if you are truly equipped mentally.

Side Hustles and Masters together is gonna burn you out because M.sc is difficult than Them all depending on the school.

God will continue to reign Supreme in us, Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Popular Tiktok Lady With Heavy Nyash Causes Traffic Accident On Busy Road / Please You Guys Should Help Me Before I Loose My Reputation And Career / Why Does My Dog Saliva Taste Pepperish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.