Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Honorable Obasa, Seasoned Broadcaster And Politician Begins Journey Home Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Honorable Obasa, Seasoned Broadcaster And Politician Begins Journey Home Today (827 Views)

Obasa Gets N17m Monthly For Maintenance Of Personal Residence, Guest House / Sanusi Lamido Begins Journey To Exile, Arrives Abuja Airport (Photos, Video) / Breaking News: El-zakzaky Begins Journey Back To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honorable Obasa, Seasoned Broadcaster And Politician Begins Journey Home Today by DejiPlug(m): 9:15am On Jan 27, 2022
To God be all the glory, as the entire Obasa dynasty, particularly the lineage of Chief Samuel Oni-Obasa solemnly announces the passing of Honorable Olayinka Ayodele Obasa JP, on the evening of December 24, 2021, following a brief illness.

BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCH OF HON. OLAYINKA AYODELE OBASA

Honorable Olayinka Ayodele Obasa was born on 19th June, 1955, in Lagos, Nigeria, shortly before his father, Chief Samuel Oni-Obasa, traveled abroad to further his studies in the mid fifties. Chief Samuel was later joined by his wife, Victoria, and two little children; Yinka and his younger brother, Akin.

Late Chief Samuel Oni Obasa, qualified as a lawyer at the prestigious Lincoln's Inn, England. And his mother, Late Madam Victoria Ibidapo Obasa (nee Kayode), became a graduate of the London School of Fashion.

After the family returned to Nigeria with their kids, Chief Samuel Oni-Obasa was called to the Nigeria Bar and enrolled as a Solicitor and Advocate of the Supreme Court of Nigeria in 1962.

Hon Yinka Obasa resumed schooling at Ladi-Lak Institute, Yaba, Lagos from 1962 to 1966.

For Secondary School, he went to Doherty Memorial Grammar School (DMGS), Ijero Ekiti from 1967 to 1971 where he graduated in flying colours.

His Higher School Certificate made Comprehensive High School, Ayetoro, now in Ogun State, his next school for two years.

Yinka's next port of call was the University of Lagos (UNILAG), where he studied Mass-Media.

He married his heartthrob in November 1994, Shaki Adewunmi Obasa (Nee Shittu) and their union is richly blessed, with 3 adorable children namely, Oladapo, Adeoluwa and Oladamade.

Olayinka Ayodele Obasa Professional Profile

Between 1978 and 1993, He was with the Ondo State Radio Station where he won many awards and recognition as a consumate journalist. In 1993, he relocated to lagos to pursue different private initiative Ventures.

In 2000, following a vacancy in the Ijero constituency in the House of Assembly, he contested and won the bye-election into the Ekiti State House of Assembly on the platform of the Alliance for Democracy, and subsequently became the pioneer chairman of the House Committee on Information. While in Ado Ekiti, He studied for and obtained his Postgraduate Diploma in Financial Management at the then University of Ado-Ekiti.

Honorable Olayinka relocated to Lagos after the 2003 elections and thereafter incorporated Milven Trust Nigeria Limited, of which he was chairman and Chief Executive Officer till his death.

His last pet project at the time of his demise was the installation and test running of llTA radio station in Ibadan. He had approval for similar projects in a number of higher institutions that were on the verge of implementation.

A seasoned broadcaster, Politician and a community leader, He was a darling husband, father, friend and exemplary leader, not only representing members of his extended Oni-Obasa family, but also a huge network of socio political and economic community of business, associates and ventures.

Announcing the interment plans for Honorable Olayinka, his first son Oladapo posted

"With total submission to the sovereign will of the Almighty, we announce the triumphant home call of our husband, father, brother and cherished friend, Honorable Olayinka Ayodele Obasa, which sad event happened on 24th December 2021."

"The family and friends will be honored by your esteemed presence at the following programs organized to celebrate his life"

Service of Songs and Wake
Date: Thursday January 27 2022
Venue: Golfview Suites and Conference Center, No. 12 Adeyinka Adebayo street, GRA- Ikeja.
Time- 4pm

Burial Service
Date- Friday, 28 January 2022
Venue: Young Men Christian Association (YMCA) of Lagos
77 Awolowo Rd, SW, Ikoyi

Honorable Olayinka Ayodele Obasa was called to Glory on 24th December, 2021.

May his beloved, gentle and generous soul rest in perfect peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Honorable Obasa, Seasoned Broadcaster And Politician Begins Journey Home Today by Jostoman: 9:32am On Jan 27, 2022
This thread is for agege people
Re: Honorable Obasa, Seasoned Broadcaster And Politician Begins Journey Home Today by DejiPlug(m): 11:39am On Jan 27, 2022
Reacting to the passing of his beloved brother, Tunde Oni-Obasa, a renowned banker penned this emotional note

"Igi to ba da, kii pe n'igbo' like the Yoruba adage goes is really true as the best trees in the forest don’t last. Words fail me as it is because it never occurred to me that I will be writing your tribute this soon.
They say we can't choose family but in my life, I have never regretted having you as my brother and if reincarnation exists and I have the opportunity to choose my family, I will choose you many times over. A brother who became a father, a best friend to all.  I don’t think I can recollect anytime you have gotten angry to the extent that you lost your cool and I can’t say that there has been any time that the atmosphere around you is dour as your smile and your jokes have always been a source of reassurance and joy. Humble and accommodating to a fault, everyone was is your friend
I will not say that I will miss you because that would be an understatement but one thing is certain; you have reiterated that true living is not by how long one lives but by how well one does. You lived well a life worthy of emulation and a life worthy of envy.
Honorable Olayinka Obasa, your honor has never been in question as you have lived your life well and to the fullest. Your legacy and your achievements attest to that fact.
Rest on dear brother, till we meet to part no more
"
Re: Honorable Obasa, Seasoned Broadcaster And Politician Begins Journey Home Today by DejiPlug(m): 2:44pm On Jan 27, 2022
Jostoman:
This thread is for agege people

Actually more for the entire southwest, Yorubas, especially Ekiti, Ondo and Lagos

1 Like

Re: Honorable Obasa, Seasoned Broadcaster And Politician Begins Journey Home Today by ebto1: 6:54am On Jan 28, 2022
Hon. Obasa lived a fulfilled life to emulate, sad he left this world so early. May his soul continue to rest in peace. Amen

(1) (Reply)

Killer Herdsmen In Ondo Communities: set Farms, Villages Ablaze In Molege / Nyesom Wike Donates N200 Million To Idps In Kaduna / Western Nigeria Government Should Ban Ipob Terrorist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.