Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,251 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

A Southerner Can Not Be My Neighbour. DCP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Southerner Can Not Be My Neighbour. DCP (871 Views)

Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah: I Have Not Seen The North Love A Southerner Like Tinubu / 2023: Atiku Is The Best Candidate, No Southerner Can Win - Raymond Dokpesi / 2023: Northern Elders Give Condition For Southerner To Become Next President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Southerner Can Not Be My Neighbour. DCP by Balkan(m): 5:17pm On Feb 09, 2022
We cannot continue like this. Why can't we discuss the terms of our continued coexistence? It's getting worse everyday.

A SOUTHERNER CANNOT BE MY NEIGHBOR
[Police Deputy Commissioner Thrěatens Vìolence Against South-East Man For Buying Property Near His House In Adamawa]

A Deputy Commissioner of Police, Ibrahim Babazango (see photo), has allegedly threatened violent attacks against one Vincent Umeh for buying property near his house in Adamawa State.

SaharaReporters learnt that the Police boss, who hails from Adamawa State, claimed he did not want a Southerner as his next-door neighbour.

Babazango, who is currently attached to the Lagos State Police Command, was reportedly infuriated to learn that a Southeasterner was his new neighbour.

SaharaReporters learnt that the property is located at 33, Mohammed Mustapha Way, Opposite Ford Oil, Yola, in Adamawa State.

In a viral audio, Babazango was heard warning Umeh to reverse the purchase deal or face bitter consequences, including no guarantee of his personal safety.

"We're a homogeneous community, I don't want you; you can't be my next door neighbour, I swear. What sort of insult is this? Can any Northerner move now to the South-East, say Onitsha and just bump into any neighborhood to buy a property; just like that?” the DCP queried.

Narrating his ordeal, Umeh said, "I acquired the property late last year from one Ismail Mamman; the transaction was perfected and a title deed was issued to me.

"I was surprised to receive a call from a man who introduced himself as DCP Ibrahim Babazango, a neighbour of Ismail Mamman who sold the property to me. He threatened that I should abandon the property because he could not guarantee my safety as his neighbour.

"I pleaded with him to no avail. I asked him what I did wrong by purchasing the property, at least within the context of the law. He kept yelling that I was not welcome in the neighbourhood and I am a stranger in the community.

"Given his threat, I reported the matter to the police and Department of State Services.”

As it was further gathered, Babazango claimed that his former neighbour sold the property to Umeh without offering him (Babazango) a neighbour, the first right to buy.

When contacted by SaharaReporters, Babazango stood his ground on the threats.

He said, “My neighbour sold the house to a businessman without waiting for me, after I had indicated interest to buy the property. Believe me, I cannot guarantee his safety if he insists on owning the property because as it is; we live like brothers in this area; so for an outsider who is not from this part of the country to buy a property in this area, is unacceptable.

"I have reported the matter to the District Head of Jemita and I will also take him to court if need be.”

On his part, the vendor, Ismail Mamman said, “The property is mine and I sold it to Mr. Vincent Umeh; all the documents were duly signed by me and my brother as witness between us, in the presence of a lawyer after we agreed on a price.
"I had approached him, my former neighbour, DCP Ibrahim Babazango that I wanted to sell my property, he said he would contact his brother but I didn't get his feedback; so I sold it to a ready buyer. I have no problems with the buyer at all.”

©️Sahara Reporters

Re: A Southerner Can Not Be My Neighbour. DCP by McGg: 5:24pm On Feb 09, 2022
Just imagine...

And they are the fore most campaigner of one Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: A Southerner Can Not Be My Neighbour. DCP by Dyke15(m): 5:24pm On Feb 09, 2022
See d man hungry face undecided
But serious my Igbo brothers dey F-up
Wen we go know say dis guys no vibe us
Wetin happen to Aku luo uno?
Me dat can't even sleep a day in any Nothern state e cum be to dey buy property there
Tueh! On top any Igbo man wey never get sense
Make money there ND buy whatever thing u wan buy down here

3 Likes

Re: A Southerner Can Not Be My Neighbour. DCP by Felimax(m): 5:25pm On Feb 09, 2022
Look at the mess we have found ourselves.
Nigerians cannot live in peaceful coexistence any longer and to say a law enforcement officer for that matter.
The honest truth is there more people in the East that will do a similar thing that the officer is doing.
This country is so messed up. Shame!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Southerner Can Not Be My Neighbour. DCP by Balkan(m): 5:51pm On Feb 09, 2022
This is pure hatred out of Jealousy. The man is scared that lgbo man may buy his house

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Southerner Can Not Be My Neighbour. DCP by shortIGBOman: 6:01pm On Feb 09, 2022
See weting IPOB and their SYMPERTISERS don cause. But na them go still suffer am. IGBOS can not do without us, but we can do without them.

Re: A Southerner Can Not Be My Neighbour. DCP by shortIGBOman: 6:02pm On Feb 09, 2022
Balkan:
This is pure hatred out of Jealousy. The man is scared that lgbo man may buy his house

As usual. This Emeka is doing what he knows how to do best. grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Southerner Can Not Be My Neighbour. DCP by shortIGBOman: 6:05pm On Feb 09, 2022
God bless this Galant Police officer.

Nigerians love you

Re: A Southerner Can Not Be My Neighbour. DCP by Ogamysamo: 6:08pm On Feb 09, 2022
and the moniker is said to have something with lagos state security whatsoever. does lagos sound like a norther state? or did he live on air anytime he find himself in lagos?

and executive security personnel threatening the live of a bonifide citizen and denying him right to possession.

is this one implementing law or supplementing it?

1 Like

Re: A Southerner Can Not Be My Neighbour. DCP by ivandragon: 6:09pm On Feb 09, 2022
Hmmm...

& this is a sanctioned government security officer who is expected to uphold the law without fear or favour...

How can such a person be impartial in his duties when he has this mindset of hate?

Probably one of those that murder innocent people & label them criminals...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Southerner Can Not Be My Neighbour. DCP by Ogamysamo: 6:09pm On Feb 09, 2022
bokoharam in black(police uniform)
Re: A Southerner Can Not Be My Neighbour. DCP by yommen: 6:11pm On Feb 09, 2022
Balkan:

Na unna Lau Lau dey kill unna go so. Make mouth everywhere like say dem don do something wey no body else no fit do.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Southerner Can Not Be My Neighbour. DCP by Ogamysamo: 6:12pm On Feb 09, 2022
is this not a repentant bokoharam that might had repented since after the death of yusuf their founder for fear of the unknown?
Re: A Southerner Can Not Be My Neighbour. DCP by dasparrow: 6:15pm On Feb 09, 2022
I pray God rids Nigeria of hate. This is one of the major reasons why I don't live in Nigeria anymore.

1 Like

Re: A Southerner Can Not Be My Neighbour. DCP by shortIGBOman: 6:15pm On Feb 09, 2022
Since their land is tiny and underdeveloped, they are busy looking for already developed States to pitch their Tent.

2 Likes

Re: A Southerner Can Not Be My Neighbour. DCP by iyapont: 6:17pm On Feb 09, 2022
Balkan:
you people are not different from them now,same mindsets, you both are full of HATRED AND INTOLERANCE,NA for southwest una get liver grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Southerner Can Not Be My Neighbour. DCP by Samyyorn5050: 6:28pm On Feb 09, 2022
Imagine this man is send to the East
He will kill people and call them ipob

This idiot keep giving us reasons to believe Nnamdi Kanu was right after all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Southerner Can Not Be My Neighbour. DCP by ruggedtimi(m): 7:03pm On Feb 09, 2022
Who give dcp money to buy house...wey him say he would have paid for the house
Re: A Southerner Can Not Be My Neighbour. DCP by Lanretoye(m): 7:25pm On Feb 09, 2022
And nothing will happen to this man o,something wey him suppose lose him job ontop.
Re: A Southerner Can Not Be My Neighbour. DCP by bjdon: 7:33pm On Feb 09, 2022
In a sane country this man should be suspended immediately from the police. Nigeria is indeed a zoo.
Re: A Southerner Can Not Be My Neighbour. DCP by Iceberg3: 7:39pm On Feb 09, 2022
That Umeh man should take it easy now but remain bold.
Next time he threatens you,stand up to him,word for word. Shout back at him..
Then report him to all the authorities and to your own people back home.
Spread the news and his name and pictures everywhere.
Man die but once,but if anything happens to you,make sure he pays dearly, Chinese movie style grin

(1) (Reply)

IGBO People Will Abadone Peter Obi The Way They Did To Ojukwu In 2003 / My Advise To Former President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan / What Will Happen To Osinbajo If He Loses APC Primary Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.