Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,051 members, 7,835,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

How Do I Manage My Wife's Business, She Don't Take Her Business Serious - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Manage My Wife's Business, She Don't Take Her Business Serious (1443 Views)

Man Threatens To Destroy Wife Business If She Doesn't Pay Him Back 5m Loan / Our Marriage Is Just Six Weeks But I Can No Longer Manage My Husband’s Constant / “my Sick Wife Denied Me Staying With Her. I Look After Her Business” – Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Manage My Wife's Business, She Don't Take Her Business Serious by Fred166: 1:44pm On Jan 27, 2022
My job requires critical thinking and full of deadlines, I work from mon - Fri, I return home as late as 9pm, my weekends seems like I'm working from home. Seriously, I don't want to manage her business in addition to my work, Please I'm human, I'm not a robot or machine, blood runs through my vains not wires.

The Business I opened for my wife is worth over a million naira, she sells baking flour, baking utensils and baking ingredients. She is also skillful in baking cakes, she has customers. She delivers cakes to Mat-ice, for those of us in Benin will know Mat-ice.

Though she is 5 months pregnant (our first child) but that is not enough reason why she would stay at home besides she's fond of it even before the pregnancy, she goes to her shop 10 or 11am return 3pm, sometimes she won't go at all. if I question her she would say she's working from home that if any customer need her services, she will send the maid to her shop to attend to them. (and that wasn't part of our agreement with the maid)

There are some lazy traits she's exhibiting that I'm just enduring, I can't even write them here or speak out else even my great grandfather and my ancestors will come out from their grave with cane, put me in the middle and flog endurance out of my body. Honestly speaking I've really endured enough.

Now that we are expecting our child I want her to be hard working, so she can support our child financially, everything shouldn't be me alone. She's a graduate from BIU and she can't manage her business.

Please don't suggest sales girl, I don't trust them, aside from that I just employed a maid and she's on salary of 20k every month. I can't afford to pay any worker for now.

Please how do I manage her business, I feel I've wasted money venturing into the business she knows and understands.
Re: How Do I Manage My Wife's Business, She Don't Take Her Business Serious by Candidlady: 1:55pm On Jan 27, 2022
Ibelive she has an explanation to all you stated up there, so Iwill wait till ihear from her
for now no comments

You have a maid who you pay 20k monthly, how old is she ?
Re: How Do I Manage My Wife's Business, She Don't Take Her Business Serious by Winningbot: 1:56pm On Jan 27, 2022
Re: How Do I Manage My Wife's Business, She Don't Take Her Business Serious by Truvelisback(m): 1:59pm On Jan 27, 2022
Fred166:
My job requires critical thinking and full of deadlines, I work from mon - Fri, I return home as late as 9pm, my weekends seems like I'm working from home. Seriously, I don't want to manage her business in addition to my work, Please I'm human, I'm not a robot or machine, blood runs through my vains not wires.

The Business I opened for my wife is worth over a million naira, she sells baking flour, baking utensils and baking ingredients. She is also skillful in baking cakes, she has costumers. She delivers cakes to Mat-ice, for those of us in Benin will know Mat-ice.

Though she is 5 months pregnant (our first child) but that is not enough reason why she would stay at home besides she's fond of it even before the pregnancy, she goes to her shop 10 or 11am return 3pm, sometimes she won't go at all. if I question her she would say she's working from home that if any costumer need her services, she will send the maid to her shop to attend to them. (and that wasn't part of our agreement with the maid)

They're some lazy traits she's exhibiting that I'm just enduring, I can't even write them here or speak out else even my great grandfather and my ancestors will come out from their grave with cane, put me in the middle and flog endurance out of my body. Honestly speaking I've really endured enough.

Now that we are expecting our child I want her to be hard working, so she can support our child financially, everything shouldn't be me alone. She's a graduate from BIU and she can't manage her business.

Please don't suggest sales girl, I don't trust them, aside from that I just employed a maid and she's on salary of 20k every month. I can't afford to pay any worker for now.

Please how do I manage her business, I feel I've wasted money venturing into the business she knows and understands.
Is the business falling? If no, allow her to manage hers while u manage urs.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Manage My Wife's Business, She Don't Take Her Business Serious by dawnomike(m): 2:02pm On Jan 27, 2022
I feel your pain...
Re: How Do I Manage My Wife's Business, She Don't Take Her Business Serious by Candidlady: 2:02pm On Jan 27, 2022
Truvelisback:
Is the business falling? If no. allow her to manage hers while u manage urs.

How will she mange it when she can't manage it....

Abi you didn't read what the op wrote

1 Like

Re: How Do I Manage My Wife's Business, She Don't Take Her Business Serious by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 27, 2022
Mr man dont stress yourself too much, am also into baking, that`s my profession, i can manage the business for her if you are ready to pay me well, i need work.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Manage My Wife's Business, She Don't Take Her Business Serious by izywzy: 2:03pm On Jan 27, 2022
Those type of women don’t like working, they like money to be delivered to her so just CLOSE DOWN THE BUSINESS and then GET something like DISPATCH BIKE OR KEKE NAPEP OR ANYTHING THAT CAN BRING DAILY INCOME WITHOUT HER MOVIMG AM INCH that while she stays at home.
She might not be good in business but CAREER and she might also suck in both

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Manage My Wife's Business, She Don't Take Her Business Serious by Kobojunkie: 2:03pm On Jan 27, 2022
Fred166:

1. You got the business for her you say, so why are you trying to manage it for her by the way - you didnt quite make that part clear except for your complaints regarding her working hours. undecided

Do you have evidence that she looses customers because she does not sit there in the store all day or what? Or is it that the business is not making profits? What exactly is it that has you thinking to manage the business you gave to her? undecided

2. If increasing number of hours spent sitting in the store is your goal, then you probably have to have the discussion with her again. undecided

Or a roundabout way is to do some serious marketing for her business behind her back and when she starts getting more customers, assuming she does not turn them away,she will have no other choice but to spend more time at her store attending to their needs. undecided
Re: How Do I Manage My Wife's Business, She Don't Take Her Business Serious by izywzy: 2:05pm On Jan 27, 2022
YinkaOlusesi:
Mr man dont stress yourself too much, am also into baking, that`s my profession, i can manage the business for her if you are ready to pay me well, i need work.
OP you just found yourself a GOOD MANAGER who is HUNGRY to WORK please do the needful and give this person a try
Re: How Do I Manage My Wife's Business, She Don't Take Her Business Serious by Truvelisback(m): 2:11pm On Jan 27, 2022
Candidlady:

How will she mange it when she can't manage it....

Abi you didn't read what the op wrote
The best thing he should do is to restrict or reduce the amount of money he gives her. In that way, it would make her take the business very serious.
Re: How Do I Manage My Wife's Business, She Don't Take Her Business Serious by Candidlady: 2:17pm On Jan 27, 2022
Truvelisback:
The best thing he should do is to restrict or reduce the amount of money he gives her. In that way, it would make her take the business very serious.

Please where in the write up did he say he was giving her money ??
Re: How Do I Manage My Wife's Business, She Don't Take Her Business Serious by Truvelisback(m): 2:22pm On Jan 27, 2022
Candidlady:

Please where in the write up did he say he was giving her money ??
He didn't write it. Were u expecting him to write everything he does at home here? As a man, he must have been one way or the other helping her with money. U know some men can do anything in the name of love.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Manage My Wife's Business, She Don't Take Her Business Serious by Fred166: 2:27pm On Jan 27, 2022
Candidlady:
Ibelive she has an explanation to all you stated up there, so Iwill wait till ihear from her
for now no comments

You have a maid who you pay 20k monthly, how old is she ?
she has no explanation, if she have any explanation she would have tell me, Infact we communicate real good.

She is just lazy, I know her very well, and she is not making profit because she loosing customers.

Someone that refuse to get a job before i considered opening a business for her. She loves doing nothing and she's so skillful.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Manage My Wife's Business, She Don't Take Her Business Serious by Fred166: 2:36pm On Jan 27, 2022
YinkaOlusesi:
That's the issue, I have lots of expenses I do take care of, that's why I said for now I don't want to employ any worker. I also need to discuss it with my wife.

Besides where is your location? Mine is airport road, Benin city.
Re: How Do I Manage My Wife's Business, She Don't Take Her Business Serious by Candidlady: 2:42pm On Jan 27, 2022
Fred166:
she has no explanation, if she have any explanation she would have tell me, Infact we communicate real good.

She is just lazy, I know her very well,

Since you her very well why complain now

and she is not making profit because she loosing customers.

Someone that refuse to get a job before i considered opening a business for her. She loves doing nothing and she's so skillful. .

@bolded
Hmmm
Again since you know her well it means she didn't just start exhibiting this spirit of laziness yesterday
iam sorry I still need to hear from her

How old is your maid ?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Manage My Wife's Business, She Don't Take Her Business Serious by Foodqueen(f): 2:50pm On Jan 27, 2022
She wants to be a full housewife.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Manage My Wife's Business, She Don't Take Her Business Serious by Neptunium(m): 2:54pm On Jan 27, 2022
Candidlady:

@bolded
Hmmm
Again since you know her well it means she didn't just start exhibiting this spirit of laziness yesterday

How old is your maid ?
You still need to hear from her? Then make una find your way to his home. Stupidity dey worry some of u

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Manage My Wife's Business, She Don't Take Her Business Serious by Candidlady: 2:59pm On Jan 27, 2022
Neptunium:
You still need to hear from her? Then make una find your way to his home. Stupidity dey worry some of u

Why not stay at ends undecided
Re: How Do I Manage My Wife's Business, She Don't Take Her Business Serious by Candidlady: 3:05pm On Jan 27, 2022
Truvelisback:
He didn't write it. Were u expecting him to write everything he does at home here? As a man, he must have been one way or the other helping her with money. U know some men can do anything in the name of love.

True that
he should just employ someone
Re: How Do I Manage My Wife's Business, She Don't Take Her Business Serious by Truvelisback(m): 3:11pm On Jan 27, 2022
Candidlady:

True that
he should just employ someone
Yes, he should employ someone to manage the Business. In that way, the wife has to accept whatever he brings to the table without complaining, since she has chosen to be lazy or idle. Let her become full housewife.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Manage My Wife's Business, She Don't Take Her Business Serious by Pinkzebra: 3:36pm On Jan 27, 2022
See opportunity! I have been singing lullaby on this so hubby could dance to it . God knows I will give it my best !
Since she is like this before pregnancy.it means when baby comes she will have perfect excuse . Just close shop if she isn't interested , sell off so you can savage what is left .
Pregnancy is not easy but we see pregnant woman managing their shop business even till the day of delivery . Except she is going through high risk pregnancy, she has no excuse !

1 Like

Re: How Do I Manage My Wife's Business, She Don't Take Her Business Serious by Fred166: 3:55pm On Jan 27, 2022
Candidlady:

@bolded
Hmmm

How old is your maid ?
I know she didn't start today, Infact when I told her to get a master degree and probably get an office job. she said "No oo, BSc is her last bus-stop she's not wole soyinka".

My maid should be 25yrs. Why the interrogation? Please I need advice I'm so confused right now.
Re: How Do I Manage My Wife's Business, She Don't Take Her Business Serious by Mariangeles(f): 4:06pm On Jan 27, 2022
Fred166:
That's the issue, I have lots of expenses I do take care of, that's why I said for now I don't want to employ any worker. I also need to discuss it with my wife.

Besides where is your location? Mine is airport road, Benin city.

Those are perishable goods, so if you don’t want to suffer loss, your wife either steps up and mind the business, or you reappoint the maid to mind the business, while your wife minds the home.
If your wife only relies on old customers calling her whenever they want to buy, she will never get new customers as she’s never there.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Manage My Wife's Business, She Don't Take Her Business Serious by Mumben(f): 4:13pm On Jan 27, 2022
Continue talking to her on the need to be serious with her biz cos no one knows tomorrow, anything can happen. Let her not be too comfortable in her comfort zone.

You can also reduce the amount of money u make available, that way she'll get d msg and sit up. Opportunity that many are looking for?she is treating with kid's glove?

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Manage My Wife's Business, She Don't Take Her Business Serious by Beremx(f): 7:30pm On Jan 27, 2022
Fred166:

She is just lazy, I know her very well, and she is not making profit because she loosing customers.

Someone that refuse to get a job before i considered opening a business for her. She loves doing nothing and she's so skillful.
Oga na wa for you o! You said your wife supply cakes to a popular eatery in Benin. That means she’s doing well. It’s her first pregnancy which might make her lazy. Abeg have patience with her na!

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Manage My Wife's Business, She Don't Take Her Business Serious by lilyheaven: 8:41pm On Jan 27, 2022
Mariangeles:

Those are perishable goods, so if you don’t want to suffer loss, your wife either steps up and mind the business, or you reappoint the maid to mind the business, while your wife minds the home.
If your wife only relies on old customers calling her whenever they want to buy, she will never get new customers as she’s never there.
This is a good advice, or she can go with her girl to the shop, once she starts feeling irritated, she can come back home leaving her girl at the shop.
By the time she delivers her baby, her girl would have mastered everything about the business.
Please OP, take care of your wife, this is her first pregnancy, don’t compare her with other pregnant mothers.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Manage My Wife's Business, She Don't Take Her Business Serious by Fred166: 9:01pm On Jan 27, 2022
lilyheaven:

This is a good advice, or she can go with her girl to the shop, once she starts feeling irritated, she can come back home leaving her girl at the shop.
By the time she delivers her baby, her girl would have mastered everything about the business.
Please OP, take care of your wife, this is her first pregnancy, don’t compare her with other pregnant mothers.
My agreement with the maid was domestic chores and running errands not going to shop with my wife. Now I will have to increase her salary if she start following her to shop which I know that's what my wife is trying to manipulate me into but I won't fall for her trick besides I have lot of expenses to take care of this period.

I can never compare my wife with any woman, I take good care of my wife. I've already promised her a car as soon as our child arrives so it would be easy for her move around.

I just want her to be hardworking, the laziness is getting too much even before the pregnancy.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Manage My Wife's Business, She Don't Take Her Business Serious by Graxie(f): 9:22pm On Jan 27, 2022
You are the problem, you know the type of woman you need yet you went for her. Stop putting her under pressure, hbp in pregnancy is deadly. You said she does supply for a supermarket yet she is lazy.

Oga, allow her to run the business, let her hire sales girl and also pay for the sales girl. That's why I don't buy the idea of husbands opening businesses for their wives.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Manage My Wife's Business, She Don't Take Her Business Serious by lilyheaven: 10:00pm On Jan 27, 2022
Fred166:
My agreement with the maid was domestic chores and running errands not going to shop with my wife. Now I will have to increase her salary if she start following her to shop which I know that's what my wife is trying to manipulate me into but I won't fall for her trick besides I have lot of expenses to take care of this period.

I can never compare my wife with any woman, I take good care of my wife. I've already promised her a car as soon as our child arrives so it would be easy for her move around.

I just want her to be hardworking, the laziness is getting too much even before the pregnancy.
Please, you don’t have to increase any salary, any added increase should come from the profit made from the business, not from your pocket.
Re: How Do I Manage My Wife's Business, She Don't Take Her Business Serious by lilyheaven: 10:11pm On Jan 27, 2022
I’m sorry to say this, some men makes this mistake opening a business for their wives at their child bearing periods. For instance now, baby hasn’t even arrived yet, and it is like this with house maid ooo, not like she doesn’t have a help, imagine what will happen when she starts breastfeeding and staying awake all night to care for her baby,,, honestly it won’t be funny.
My advice is that , even if a business should be opened let it be when they are done with delivering the number of desired children. Then , they can concentrate and do business. Imagine the amount of money you spent opening that business,
Or you get her a government job, women working with government are just cruising grin
Re: How Do I Manage My Wife's Business, She Don't Take Her Business Serious by VEXT: 6:11am On Jan 28, 2022
Never take an advise that has to do with relationship or marriage from a woman....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Snake Lizard In My Sitting Room / How Do You Find Purpose,fulfillment,peace And An Exciting Life As A Guy? / Isn't Marriage One Big Stress?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.