Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

What Is The Recipe For Traditional Marriage In Your State? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is The Recipe For Traditional Marriage In Your State? (674 Views)

A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" / Nigeria Is Blessed With Culture.. Some Beautiful Traditional Marriage Pictures / Is Traditional Marriage Complete Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Recipe For Traditional Marriage In Your State? by shofu2000(m): 5:19pm On Jun 21, 2011
Hi!My name is Chris and i'm from Akwa-Ibom. I now have a brother in-law.
The fortunate guy just concluded the traditional marriage rite of my only sister. It was really a fun feast. I mean all the traditional dance and culture.

The guy is so fortunate because me and my parents who did the listing of items for the traditional marriage rite had little knowledge of what the listed items usually are, according to culture demands from intended in-laws for such marriage ceremony. So we listed the items base on our instinct (we got very considerate, we decided it was best that way since we were not selling our daughter and sister). When the guy and his people who are also from my state came, they came with more items than we wrote. It was the elders from the two families who had to lecture us on the other part of items that was not included. It was so thoughtful and sincere of our in-laws.

The reason i'm sharing this is to in turn give an opportunity to any nairalander who is ignorant of their culture the chance to know. By asking any one who thinks he or she knows his culture very well to share to others.

Make a list of required items for traditional marriage rite of your state or people according to your culture, if you have the knowledge!
I'm anxious to hear from people of Ondo, cos i'm in love with an Ondo girl, and hope to marry her.

(1) (Reply)

Company Registration Made Simple / Tradition Reconciles Us To Everything / Interesting Facts About Negria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.