Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Kaduna NUJ: I Remain Chairman Farida Says, Warns Public Against Imposters - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Kaduna NUJ: I Remain Chairman Farida Says, Warns Public Against Imposters (185 Views)

Kaduna NUJ Leadership Crisis: National Officers Plead With Court / Together We Recorded History In Kaduna Nuj, I Remain In Charge - Farida / Congress Will Have Its Say If I Am Elected Kaduna NUJ Chairman - Farida (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kaduna NUJ: I Remain Chairman Farida Says, Warns Public Against Imposters by Jatuski: 7:02am On Jan 28, 2022
The Chairman of the NIgeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Kaduna State Council, Farida Abubakar has alerted members of the union and the general public that they should be wary of imposters who are illegally parading themselves as executives of the state council.

She expressed this in a statement made available to newsmen by her campaign Director General, Okpani Jacob Onjewu Dickson, dated Thursday January 27, 2022.

"Though we are not surprised that imposters are parading themselves as Kaduna NUJ Executives, we are worried that they are pushing their luck too far.

"Same impostors, which their emergence is alien to the NUJ Constitution, we learnt, are constituting committees, holding congresses and even embarking on official duties in the name of NUJ KadunĂ  executives," it said.

The statement pointed out that only the Credentials Committee is empowered to screen candidates and conduct NUJ elections and swear-in those who emerge winners.

"We also remind the general public that on December 16, 2021, the Evangelist Mordecai Ibrahim-led credentials committee swore-in Farida Abubakar and subsequently, the outgoing executives led by Comrade Adamu Yusuf handed over to her all documents of the council.

"We are law abiding citizens and hence believe in the rule of law and have resisted provocations by the impostors who later on December 16 last year, broke into the NUJ and swore-in a different group without the credentials committee.

"That illegality is now been taken to the next level by the imposters, who have since occupied the NUJ Secretariat. We have faith in the judiciary and await them on these matters," it said.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News… Amosun Backs Down, Cedes Ogun APC State Chairman To Dapo Abiodu / 2022 Trends In Home & Entertaining / Mythbusters As A Conversation Starter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.