Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,817 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Osinbajo Defeats Tinubu In Internal Party Poll, Emerges Strongest Contender. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Defeats Tinubu In Internal Party Poll, Emerges Strongest Contender. (2141 Views)

Atiku With 489,045 Votes Defeats Tinubu In Katsina / #Nigeriaelections2023: Obi Defeats Tinubu, Atiku In David Mark’s Polling Unit / We Don't Meddle In Internal Affairs Of Other Parties - APC Replies Iyorchia Ayu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Defeats Tinubu In Internal Party Poll, Emerges Strongest Contender. by klimkid: 8:05am On Jan 28, 2022
2023: Osinbajo defeats Tinubu in internal party poll, emerges strongest contender for Presidency

The result of a confidential survey conducted by leaders of the All Progressives Congress, APC, could shape the race to the party’s presidential ticket following the emergence of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo as the favorite and most likely candidate to both clinch the ticket and secure electoral victory, sources have confirmed.

According to well-placed sources in the party, the survey pitched the Prof. Osinbajo against the former Lagos Governor, Bola Tinubu, and the former reportedly defeated the latter as the party’s most preferred choice, following strong sentiments within the party structure in the country’s six geo-political zones that the legal professor has the strongest appeal of the two and is likely to aid the party’s quest to retain power.

The sources claim that the survey is presently raising a row within the party as some leaders are trying to conceal the result from the public to avoid further complications that could fuel feelings of estrangement and bitterness in some parts.

Also damaging to the Tinubu’s camp is another result which reportedly showed that when squared with Atiku Abubakar in a hypothetical staging of the 2023 contest, the Adamawa political titan emerged victorious.

Following this, a pro-Osinbajo support group, the Democratic Reformers, has repeated its charge to the APC to adopt a clinical approach in the choice of a candidate and unanimously endorse Prof. Yemi Osinbajo who multiple polls have shown to be the party’s strongest candidate.

In a statement signed by its coordinator, Mr. Idris Zekeri Jr., the group with strong influence in the Niger Delta said that its support for the Vice President was reached following a careful examination of all the possible candidates and an analysis of national public sentiments.

They said their dispassionate evaluation, which is now given further credence by the confidential survey, showed that Prof. Yemi Osinbajo offers the best path to victory in 2023.

“If the APC intends to emerge victorious in 2023, then the choice of a candidate must be done dispassionately and with an objective focus on clearly-defined criteria including capacity, marketability, and public acceptance,” the statement read.

“Clearly, on these points, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo is undoubtedly the party’s safest option. His competence has been proven and is not a subject of contest anywhere in the country. In fact, the overwhelmingly positive reactions to mere reports of his possible interest in the race show that he commands organic love and support that transcends ethnic and party lines.”

“These strong attributes are crucial to victory. This is why we have settled on the Vice President as our preferred candidate and also why we are strongly recommending him to the party and all Nigerians. We cannot afford to miss an opportunity to clinch a comprehensive victory at the polls over undue sentiments.”

The statement also added that the group will formally announce its endorsement of the Vice President in a press conference slated for later.

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Defeats Tinubu In Internal Party Poll, Emerges Strongest Contender. by PrinceOfLagos: 8:06am On Jan 28, 2022
It is only mad people that supports Tinubu

Tinubu isn't qualified to be a local government chairman in a sane society

A man that has too many corrupt cases hanging on his neck is whom some hungry people wants to be president

I've always said it that Tinubu is not the choice of Yoruba and will never be.

He can go ahead and dash people money to endorse him, We will shock him at the polls

Affliction shall not rise a second time

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Defeats Tinubu In Internal Party Poll, Emerges Strongest Contender. by klimkid: 8:06am On Jan 28, 2022
If only APC can see the truth and embrace it. Osinbajo is the most credible candidate in Nigeria now.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Defeats Tinubu In Internal Party Poll, Emerges Strongest Contender. by klimkid: 8:07am On Jan 28, 2022
I swear
PrinceOfLagos:

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Defeats Tinubu In Internal Party Poll, Emerges Strongest Contender. by Durabest: 8:10am On Jan 28, 2022
Os is the only reaason i can trek to far distance to vote

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Defeats Tinubu In Internal Party Poll, Emerges Strongest Contender. by Michelle70(m): 8:14am On Jan 28, 2022
Where is the source?

Pls don't raise our hopes, no party will do internal Poll before convention, they don't run politics like NL and twitter

10 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Defeats Tinubu In Internal Party Poll, Emerges Strongest Contender. by GreatGod906: 8:17am On Jan 28, 2022
Michelle70:
Where is the source?

Pls don't raise our hopes, no party will do internal Poll before convention, they don't run politics like NL and twitter
don't mind them

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Defeats Tinubu In Internal Party Poll, Emerges Strongest Contender. by Nonpartisan1: 8:28am On Jan 28, 2022
grin grin grin Kids everywhere..

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Defeats Tinubu In Internal Party Poll, Emerges Strongest Contender. by johnmartus(m): 8:43am On Jan 28, 2022
[s]
PrinceOfLagos:

A man that has too many corrupt cases hanging on his neck is whom some hungry people wants to be president

He can go ahead and dash people money to endorse him, We will shock him at the polls

[/s]

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Defeats Tinubu In Internal Party Poll, Emerges Strongest Contender. by Odin13: 8:47am On Jan 28, 2022
I said it.. Yoruba people think 2023 is kinda of Yoruba people contesting for Yoruba kingship grin

Nigeria of 400 tribes and Yoruba people are yet to understand what’s national election, presidential election and Yoruba kingship tussle

Time wasters

No Yoruba human will smell Asovilla in 2023.. all this Na noise and waste of money

Even majority of Yoruba ain’t buying this propaganda

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Defeats Tinubu In Internal Party Poll, Emerges Strongest Contender. by naija4life247: 8:49am On Jan 28, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Your father too is a Nigerian. Tell him to come out and contest against the Jagaban Borgu. Let's zee if your father is even qualified to head your nuclear family

10 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Defeats Tinubu In Internal Party Poll, Emerges Strongest Contender. by richiemcgold: 8:53am On Jan 28, 2022
Odin13:
I said it.. Yoruba people think 2023 is kinda of Yoruba people contesting for Yoruba kingship grin

Nigeria of 400 tribes and Yoruba people are yet to understand what’s national election, presidential election and Yoruba kingship tussle

Time wasters

No Yoruba human will smell Asovilla in 2023.. all this Na noise and waste of money

Have you eaten today?
I hope you're not typing this nonsense with an empty stomach.

8 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Defeats Tinubu In Internal Party Poll, Emerges Strongest Contender. by klimkid: 8:53am On Jan 28, 2022
Stipend dey talk
naija4life247:

Your father too is a Nigerian. Tell him to come out and contest against the Jagaban Borgu. Let's zee if your father is even qualified to head your nuclear family
Re: Osinbajo Defeats Tinubu In Internal Party Poll, Emerges Strongest Contender. by Odin13: 8:59am On Jan 28, 2022
richiemcgold:

Have you eaten today?
I hope you're not typing this nonsense with an empty stomach.

Next.
Re: Osinbajo Defeats Tinubu In Internal Party Poll, Emerges Strongest Contender. by TheSameGuy(m): 9:01am On Jan 28, 2022
You won't cause division in our camp, oshinbajo is not as emotionally foolish as you his frienemies are grin

Why oshinbajo lately?
He's no more boy boy grin
Not more mere commissioner grin
Not more VP academy grin
Not more fake pastor grin
Not more VP condolence grin

All because they no Tinubu threaten any of the candidate they might present, they want soft landing by pushing Oshinbajo for APC ticket grin

If you don't understand this mind game, nah you know o grin

Tinubu is our choice, no amount of propaganda will stop his aspiration and emergence.

#BAT2023

7 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Defeats Tinubu In Internal Party Poll, Emerges Strongest Contender. by TheSameGuy(m): 9:03am On Jan 28, 2022
meth addicts grin

Tinubu or NOTHING

[s]
PrinceOfLagos:

Odin13:

Time wasters

[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Defeats Tinubu In Internal Party Poll, Emerges Strongest Contender. by SweetiliciousD: 9:07am On Jan 28, 2022
TheSameGuy:
You won't cause division in our camp, oshinbajo is not as emotionally foolish as you his frienemies are grin

Why oshinbajo lately?
He's no more boy boy grin
Not more mere commissioner grin
Not more VP academy grin
Not more fake pastor grin
Not more VP condolence grin

All because they no Tinubu threaten any of the candidate they might present, they want soft landing by pushing Oshinbajo for APC ticket grin

If you don't understand this mind game, nah you know o grin

Tinubu is our choice, no amount of propaganda will stop his aspiration and emergence.

#BAT2023

Suffer no dey tire you.

Jeun Jeun, and Jeun s'oke at national level.

Brainwashed sheeplez

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Defeats Tinubu In Internal Party Poll, Emerges Strongest Contender. by Ebunoluwa2020(f): 9:09am On Jan 28, 2022
Osinbajo is the best man for the job, tested and trusted

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Defeats Tinubu In Internal Party Poll, Emerges Strongest Contender. by TheRareGem1(f): 9:10am On Jan 28, 2022
In this life, just do your things and don't allow people to dictate what you will do. Especially when you are a good person, human beings will get jealous, backstab you, even your for and friends will but be resolute because in the end, you will be victorious and gain people's trusts.

You people shouldn't have hide it from the public, let's see the whatever poll result that was conducted.
Re: Osinbajo Defeats Tinubu In Internal Party Poll, Emerges Strongest Contender. by hales: 9:11am On Jan 28, 2022
As it should be!!!!
Re: Osinbajo Defeats Tinubu In Internal Party Poll, Emerges Strongest Contender. by TheSameGuy(m): 9:13am On Jan 28, 2022
I'm not suffering, speak for yourself if you're suffering.

And please don't ever quote me with this senseless claim again. EVER angry
SweetiliciousD:

Suffer no dey tire you.

Jeun Jeun, and Jeun s'oke at national level.

Brainwashed sheeplez

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Defeats Tinubu In Internal Party Poll, Emerges Strongest Contender. by Odin13: 9:14am On Jan 28, 2022
TheSameGuy:
meth addicts grin

Tinubu or NOTHING

Thesamefairguy abi wetin sef.. Na only Yoruba Dey buy your line ..

No other part .. i mean part of Nigeria will ever do that .. I mean part not even region
Re: Osinbajo Defeats Tinubu In Internal Party Poll, Emerges Strongest Contender. by Janetudeh(f): 9:15am On Jan 28, 2022
It is only best for the party to pick Osinbajo as the presidential candidate. The man has all the qualities and is obviously the one Nigeria needs at this time.
Re: Osinbajo Defeats Tinubu In Internal Party Poll, Emerges Strongest Contender. by Adelekan40(m): 9:15am On Jan 28, 2022
To be fair to myself, I like Tinubu, but for 2023 presidential election i will pick Osinbajo ahead of Asiwaju.
Re: Osinbajo Defeats Tinubu In Internal Party Poll, Emerges Strongest Contender. by inioluwa03: 9:16am On Jan 28, 2022
Osinbajo is a better candidate anytime
Re: Osinbajo Defeats Tinubu In Internal Party Poll, Emerges Strongest Contender. by OC831: 9:17am On Jan 28, 2022
Ah well as the days go by we are beginning to see clearer and clearer that any narrative expressly pushing BAT as the strongest contender, as one that'll completely floor Osinbajo should they go head to head in the primaries, are unfounded. Arms folded let's see where this goes.
Re: Osinbajo Defeats Tinubu In Internal Party Poll, Emerges Strongest Contender. by abel619: 9:17am On Jan 28, 2022
If anybody Or even the so called elutes wants this country to move forward, they'll give Osinbajo the opportunity to serve as President.
Re: Osinbajo Defeats Tinubu In Internal Party Poll, Emerges Strongest Contender. by Lifted2000: 9:17am On Jan 28, 2022
However, we are all calling for Osinbajo to position himself for the highest office in the country. We should desist from bringing anything that misled people into thinking they are at logger heads.
Re: Osinbajo Defeats Tinubu In Internal Party Poll, Emerges Strongest Contender. by TheSameGuy(m): 9:17am On Jan 28, 2022
You've said this countless times, is it not boring to your hearing already angry

Leave Tinubu, let whatever will happen, happen.

Why are you stuck to him
Odin13:

Thesamefairguy abi wetin sef.. Na only Yoruba Dey buy your line ..

No other part .. i mean part of Nigeria will ever do that .. I mean part not even region

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Defeats Tinubu In Internal Party Poll, Emerges Strongest Contender. by Yellowface1220(m): 9:19am On Jan 28, 2022
Who's Tinubu? Tinubu ko Tinuola ni.
If APC want to succeed in 2023, Osinbajo is the Best candidate for Nigerians. I rest my case
Re: Osinbajo Defeats Tinubu In Internal Party Poll, Emerges Strongest Contender. by maybanks: 9:21am On Jan 28, 2022
Osinbajo is a break from Nigeria's Political Norm. He remains the bridge between the Old Nigeria we want to leave behind and the the New Nigeria we crave for.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Defeats Tinubu In Internal Party Poll, Emerges Strongest Contender. by Deputy1111(m): 9:24am On Jan 28, 2022
Osinbajo stands the best candidate APC should present for the next presidential candidate. He is capable of leading Nigeria to a greater height .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Backs Dr Chris Ngige For 2023 Presidential Election / Unknown Gunmen Shot Dead A Woman And Her Children In Anambra State (graphic Pix) / 5 Million Yoruba People Signed Petition To Break Away From Nigeria, Self-determi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.