Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 (17453 Views)

Sanwo-Olu: Lagos To Give Ndubuisi Kanu A Befitting Burial / Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Is Ready To Deliver 4th Mainland Bridge / Lagos To Launch Intra-city Lines By 2020 To Reduce Traffic Congestion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by Beedude(m): 1:05pm On Jan 28, 2022
atarapa:
Believe this at your own. You charges from oshodi to Ikeja on brt at 250. How much more train.....this one nah campaign talk.
But on a norms, train as a means of transportation is cheaper than bus or taxi. I think since train accomodate more people then it will still yeild profit. Main reason MOLUE is cheaper than DANFO
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by aribisala0(m): 1:08pm On Jan 28, 2022
Beedude:

But on a norms, train as a means of transportation is cheaper than bus or taxi.
Where do you get this from do you have any data from anywhere?
Molue cheaper than Danfo? How? Where?
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by lagosrd: 1:12pm On Jan 28, 2022
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by Beedude(m): 1:16pm On Jan 28, 2022
aribisala0:
Where do you get this from do you have any data from anywhere?
Molue cheaper than Danfo? How? Where?
Try take those Big buses from Ojoto to Ikorodu and Danfo from same spot. U will see the difference. There is always a #50 or #100 difference depending on the time or rushing
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by seeker121(m): 1:19pm On Jan 28, 2022
Even though I would agree Sanwo olu is really trying but this is just a bait for the coming election.God help him if he has good intention but if there's any ulterior motive I wish him what he wishes the masses.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by aribisala0(m): 1:21pm On Jan 28, 2022
Beedude:

Try take those Big buses from Ojoto to Ikorodu and Danfo from same spot. U will see the difference. There is always a #50 or #100 difference depending on the time or rushing
So no source, No facts , no figures just an idea that you think is true because it appeals to you.

Trains are not cheaper than buses unless they are subsidized

That is nonsense
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by EmmaLege: 1:24pm On Jan 28, 2022
kiss kiss kiss
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 1:34pm On Jan 28, 2022
SarkinYarki:
Lol ..let the train even come first sef cheesy..me I know till sanwo leaves that train will not come

It arrive already
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by SarkinYarki: 1:37pm On Jan 28, 2022
Xclusivedaniel6:

It arrive already

Where the train dey cheesy
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by Germi9: 1:37pm On Jan 28, 2022
#250 is still too much
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 1:42pm On Jan 28, 2022
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by integrity16(m): 1:44pm On Jan 28, 2022
By the time you leave office, the next governor will make 500 naira per trip.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by bablon20(m): 1:53pm On Jan 28, 2022
By the time agberos shook mouth the narratives go change.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by CaptainFM1: 1:58pm On Jan 28, 2022
ogododo:

De one wey Fashola inspected for Canada since 2011 never arrive Apapa wharf.

Let's wait and see.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by seunmsg(m): 2:00pm On Jan 28, 2022
The governor should not have answered the question regarding the pricing. He should simply have told the journalist to wait for the management of the railway to come up with the appropriate pricing template for each route based on economic realities. The answer he gave may be used against him in the future.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by CaptainFM1: 2:01pm On Jan 28, 2022
Germi9:
#250 is still too much

#250 is less than 50cent. Where in the world do you see a train ticket of 50cent?

Good things cost money.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by SarkinYarki: 2:07pm On Jan 28, 2022
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by Germi9: 2:24pm On Jan 28, 2022
CaptainFM1:

#250 is less than 50cent. Where in the world do you see a train ticket of 50cent?

Good things cost money.
Hahaha!!! I can’t believe i just read that from a reasonable person,stop using the cent as a clear out for your lack of understanding and shallow vissions.. you and i know that your Naira has no value to other currencies and back home in your country some families ,i repeat ..some families do not have #250 in their wallat or bank accounts, you may even be a victim of that..well am sure you are a yoruba boy and people like you will never make nigeria great, mind you..before you mention me, know that i am not igbo or yoruba or whatever, i am a Nigerian and i am not an ethnic bigot like some of you here.And before i leave my mention ,do you know Luxembourg ? They operate free transportation for all its citizens they dont have two heads ,they may not be as rich as your country in terms of human and natural resources …nobody says your today government should adopt a free transportation but they can do better, by the way what have your government done for you? Healthcare? Free education ? Security ? Roads? Not even Electricity that small Benin Republic enjoys, Truth be told, Government don’t provide jobs, but they must provide an enabling environment for investments both small and médium scale to thrive and this is what Sane countries like Luxembourg have provided their citizens atleast to alleviate their poverty and show a sense of responsibility ,again i am not a political bigot so don’t think i hate your government….cheers lad.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by ericmor: 2:24pm On Jan 28, 2022
ogododo:
Make we pin down this thread.
Story go change later to pay loans. grin

And what will lagosians do about it? Like say na today dem don dey milk us. All we know is to come online and be bragging
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by NamelessOGBENI(m): 2:26pm On Jan 28, 2022
ogododo:
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by famouscargo4u: 2:28pm On Jan 28, 2022
ogododo:

De one wey Fashola inspected for Canada since 2011 never arrive Apapa wharf.

It actually arrived and have been parked since. He only bought two more coaches.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by Beedude(m): 2:42pm On Jan 28, 2022
aribisala0:
So no source, No facts , no figures just an idea that you think is true because it appeals to you.

Trains are not cheaper than buses unless they are subsidized

That is nonsense
Do u stay in Lagos ?
Have u plyed the road i put down ?
Or u need a video to believe or what ?
Whatever u think with my comment isnt my business.

Anyway i have entered metro trains in dubai and i can tell u they are cheaper than normal taxi or bus.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by aribisala0(m): 2:45pm On Jan 28, 2022
Beedude:

Do u stay in Lagos ?
Have u plyed the road i put down ?
Or u need a video to believe or what ?
Whatever u think with my comment isnt my business.

Anyway i have entered metro trains in dubai and i can tell u they are cheaper than normal taxi or bus.

Where I live , me and my life are irrelevant to this issue

You made some claims which need substantiation
Those claims related not just to Lagos but the whole world
No one lives in the whole world no matter how widely travelled they might be

Specifically the claim about trains being cheaper than buses or taxis?
What has that got to do with living in Lagos. Are there trains running in Lagos
So your experience in Dubai translates to the whole world? Do you know whether the trains are subsidized in Dubai

Trans are not cheaper than buses in London
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by Latakia(f): 2:46pm On Jan 28, 2022
silibaba:

Also your people that sell agboo and sachet him bah.

They are selling gala today you are mocking them. When they turn Cubana or chiefpriest tomorrow you will say is drug.

Enemy of progress.
At least na their state and region for those that sell agboo grin Let the self acclaimed developers of the universe build one for their region grin
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by tommylee(m): 3:18pm On Jan 28, 2022
Sorry if I may ask what is wrong with Donald Duke running as a presidential aspirant or even becoming the president of this country the man's track record when he was governor of Cross rivers seems impressive.
Moreover he has age on his side he his just 60yrs old but looks 45, he is innovative,dynamite,handsome and very experienced. Sry for derailing the tread oh.

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by ajl: 3:23pm On Jan 28, 2022
ogododo:

Tinubu won't like that. He would say it's too cheap. He need money for 2023 election.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by Abujakenneth: 3:23pm On Jan 28, 2022
All Propaganda Congress tins. No intra city train will run before 2030. Lagos still require so much money to actualise this dream.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by aribisala0(m): 3:28pm On Jan 28, 2022
Germi9:
#250 is still too much
Do you think the trains should be subsidized or run for profit?
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by CaptainFM1: 3:52pm On Jan 28, 2022
Germi9:

Hahaha!!! I can’t believe i just read that from a reasonable person,stop using the cent as a clear out for your lack of understanding and shallow vissions.. you and i know that your Naira has no value to other currencies and back home in your country some families ,i repeat ..some families do not have #250 in their wallat or bank accounts, you may even be a victim of that..well am sure you are a yoruba boy and people like you will never make nigeria great, mind you..before you mention me, know that i am not igbo or yoruba or whatever, i am a Nigerian and i am not an ethnic bigot like some of you here.And before i leave my mention ,do you know Luxembourg ? They operate free transportation for all its citizens they dont have two heads ,they may not be as rich as your country in terms of human and natural resources …nobody says your today government should adopt a free transportation but they can do better, by the way what have your government done for you? Healthcare? Free education ? Security ? Roads? Not even Electricity that small Benin Republic enjoys, Truth be told, Government don’t provide jobs, but they must provide an enabling environment for investments both small and médium scale to thrive and this is what Sane countries like Luxembourg have provided their citizens atleast to alleviate their poverty and show a sense of responsibility ,again i am not a political bigot so don’t think i hate your government….cheers lad.

If only you have sense, you will be honest and realistic as well. But there's only one way to prove this....Just wait and see they roll out the tickets.

I'm not here to trade insults with you. Political or religious bigots you mentioned are not my problems because I'm not in that class.

Every country will manage her problems their own way. Luxembourg that you mentioned is not up to an ordinary local government in Lagos in terms of population. Let alone comparing a whole country with a compacted metropolitan like Lagos. So why won't Luxembourg easily make transportation free?

Did Awolowo not make Education free for the entire South-Western Nigeria? Why is it not free anymore?

I'm glad you said it yourself that our money doesn't have value again. Isn't that a grand reason why the tickets would go for a higher price? You will say one correct thing, but explain it in a wrong manner. You better go and learn economics again.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by Subonbon(m): 3:54pm On Jan 28, 2022
SarkinYarki:
Lol ..let the train even come first sef cheesy..me I know till sanwo leaves that train will not come
you wan kill me with laughter...

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Intra-City Train Tickets Won’t Be Above ₦250 by Germi9: 3:54pm On Jan 28, 2022
aribisala0:
Do you think the trains should be subsidized or run for profit?
Thats a technical question, the Government can make things happen if they really want to,but if i may ask,apart from generating revenues and taxing the poor masses,what else can our government offer?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Olumide Akpata Music (Video) / Obasanjo To Lose 2,500 Hectares Of Land . / Kano Riot Of 1953

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.