Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Ned Nwoko: Court Grants Jaruma bail After Three Days In Prison - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ned Nwoko: Court Grants Jaruma bail After Three Days In Prison (186 Views)

Court Grants Agba Jalingo Bail After 4 Days In Kuje Prison / Ned Nwoko: Court Remands Jaruma In Suleja Prison / Court Grants Sunday Igboho’s Aides Bail After 32 Days In DSS Custody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ned Nwoko: Court Grants Jaruma bail After Three Days In Prison by envoymedia: 2:27pm On Jan 28, 2022
Businesswoman Hauwa Muhammed, popularly known as Jaruma, has been granted bail by an Upper Area Court sitting in Zuba, Abuja.

She was granted bail with a surety on Grade Level 12 within the FCT, on Friday, January 28, after days in detention.

Recall that Jaruma was arrested on January 21, and on Wednesday, January 26, she was remanded at the Suleja Correctional Centre after she was arraigned by the police for allegedly publishing false news, int!midating and defamating businessman Ned Nwoko and his wife, actress Regina Daniels.

Ruling on the bail application, the presiding judge, Ismail Abdullahi Jubril, said, “The court did not remand her in custody as a punitive means to penalise the defendant but to make her present and answer to her case. By this I shall quick to point out that the charge against the defendant is bailable but not ordinary.

I hereby grant her bail on the following condition of a surety who must be a Grade Level 12 working within the FCT. Also, all the parties involved in the case should stay from anything that would be prejudicial to the case.”

The judge adjourned the matter until February 23, 2022 for trial
Re: Ned Nwoko: Court Grants Jaruma bail After Three Days In Prison by chatinent: 2:33pm On Jan 28, 2022
The Judge while ruling on her bail application on Friday said her remand should not be seen as a punishment to the defendant.
How wouldn't it be a punishment when it's a billionaire paying the piper for the tunes?

1 Like

Re: Ned Nwoko: Court Grants Jaruma bail After Three Days In Prison by Bola146(f): 2:40pm On Jan 28, 2022

(1) (Reply)

A Look At Some Of VP Yemi Osinbajo's Official Activities For Last Week / BREAKING: Nigerian Government Uncovers 96 Boko Haram, ISWAP Sponsors, 123 Compan / Gov Ishaku’s Hatred For Me Made Me Dump PDP For APC – Bwacha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.