Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,174 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Why Do We Have Wicked Leaders In Africa (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do We Have Wicked Leaders In Africa (photos) (2932 Views)

Omoyele Sowore: Wicked Leaders Must Be Offloaded / Shettima Represents Tinubu At BRICS Summit In South Africa (Photos) / Cross River Restores The Biggest Flag In Africa (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Have Wicked Leaders In Africa (photos) by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 28, 2022
Most times I just sit down and think about Africa and about how wicked the so-called people that govern us are, governance is not rocket science, and the people they are let me say ruling is their people and not foreigners, I mean their people the same people that voted for them the same people that gave them that power and I begin to ask myself why do they get there and turn to the devil?

Look at other countries in the western world they take care of their people and especially their elderly and I would always use Brazil as an example they take care of their people and the elderly

They give their people free education and free health care and this is why the average Brazilian is not frustrated and they help their people in many ways even with free food

In Africa People struggle to pay for school fees in private schools trust me your best private school can't beat a good public school in Brazil and even your private university can't beat a public Brazilian university and it is free and the funniest part those so-called leaders attended free public schools

The funniest part is that we have the money in Africa, look at Nigeria for example and Congo they are rich but their people are still suffering

Is it that the black man is just wicked to his own people? I don't just get it What do you think guys?

https://www.walkbrazil4k.com/2022/01/why-do-we-have-wicked-leaders-in-africa.html?m=1
Re: Why Do We Have Wicked Leaders In Africa (photos) by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 28, 2022
Like this guy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Have Wicked Leaders In Africa (photos) by viyon02: 4:08pm On Jan 28, 2022
walkbrazil4k:
Like this guy
Though this guy has is flaws, but he is the one of the most organized military man, with high level of military dicipline and organization compare to what we have today, he is saint compared to what we have today.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have Wicked Leaders In Africa (photos) by BloomingDale(f): 4:12pm On Jan 28, 2022
Re: Why Do We Have Wicked Leaders In Africa (photos) by Aboks(m): 4:17pm On Jan 28, 2022
General sani abacha my mentor

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have Wicked Leaders In Africa (photos) by bestdefender: 4:18pm On Jan 28, 2022
My nigga the problems are not the leaders but tribalism and religion, anyways ........

Fck all all
Re: Why Do We Have Wicked Leaders In Africa (photos) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 28, 2022
walkbrazil4k:
Most times I just sit down and think about Africa and about how wicked the so-called people that govern us are, governance is not rocket science, and the people they are let me say ruling is their people and not foreigners, I mean their people the same people that voted for them the same people that gave them that power and I begin to ask myself why do they get there and turn to the devil?

Look at other countries in the western world they take care of their people and especially their elderly and I would always use Brazil as an example they take care of their people and the elderly

They give their people free education and free health care and this is why the average Brazilian is not frustrated and they help their people in many ways even with free food

In Africa People struggle to pay for school fees in private schools trust me your best private school can't beat a good public school in Brazil and even your private university can't beat a public Brazilian university and it is free and the funniest part those so-called leaders attended free public schools

The funniest part is that we have the money in Africa, look at Nigeria for example and Congo they are rich but their people are still suffering

Is it that the black man is just wicked to his own people? I don't just get it What do you think guys?

https://www.walkbrazil4k.com/2022/01/why-do-we-have-wicked-leaders-in-africa.html?m=1

Brazil tax to gdp ratio 33%

Nigeria tax to gdp ratio : 6.1%

Brazil gdp per capita 8891 dollars
Nigeria gdp per capita 2100 dollars

Brazil: highly diversified, agricultural, industrial exporter
Nigeria: We export oil, and nothing else.

Brazil: lots of money to fund budget
Nigeria: Little money to fund budget.

P.S Abacha was a bad leader. Nigeria was even more dependent on oil under his regime, plus human rights abuses.
You guys should vote for a leader who would at least diversify our economy, and stop hailing Buhari, Abacha, GEJ, Obasanjo and company as some sort of heroes. Nigeria is still resource dependent since independence, that's why we are backward...ditto most of Africa.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have Wicked Leaders In Africa (photos) by Vulcanheph(m): 4:25pm On Jan 28, 2022
The problem isn't about leaders alone but also neo-colonialism.

Those European former colonial masters have somehow managed to infiltrate most african governments and indirectly manage to install these horrible leaders on us.

The reason why they're indirectly putting these wicked leaders on us is because most of these European countries are benefiting from Africa in many ways and if most of our Governments have credibile leaders, Africa will achieve progress and stability, which will make it difficult for them to extort our resources at almost no cost at all.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do We Have Wicked Leaders In Africa (photos) by GHOSTTALK: 4:32pm On Jan 28, 2022
Because all African born are wicked..... politically, religiously..!!!
Re: Why Do We Have Wicked Leaders In Africa (photos) by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 28, 2022
Vulcanheph:

Those European former colonial masters have somehow managed to infiltrate most african governments and indirectly manage to install these horrible leaders on us.

The reason why they're indirectly putting these wicked leaders on us is because most of these European countries are benefiting from Africa in many ways and if most of our Governments have credibile leaders, Africa will achieve progress and stability, which will make it difficult for them to extort our resources at almost no cost at all.

Our problem is simple...

Most countries , developed countries, rely on the taxes they rake from people to fund their budget. That's why if you live in the USA, you have to pay your taxes as and at when due.

Most African countries do not rely on taxes. Instead, we rely on the revenue from the thing we are selling...be it coffee, cocoa, cotton, oil, palm oil, groundnut, diamond, platinum, etc.

The problem with that method is we do not control the prices of these commodities, because a lot of nations are also exporting the same things. Ghana relies on cocoa...which over 10 other nations, if not more also export. That impacts prices....well well.

And when we do not earn enough due to price fluctuations, we then resort to taking loans.

Also, developed countries grow strong by making goods the world needs. Like China...that's how they went from being behind Sierra Leone in terms of gdp to being a lender to Sierra Leone. They made stuff the world needed. Ditto Japan, South Korea, even Malaysia, and Indonesia...and many other countries.

But in Africa, we prefer to import ready made goods. To make phone, we no want . To make tv, we don't do. Even radio...I doubt that there is an African country where radio manufacturing happens...and most people here use radios. And that's how we enriched countries like China, who are now our new masters and mistresses.

Finally, we do not pay enough in taxes for revenue, we do not pay enough in power tarrifs . We treat every organization providing things like power and telecommunications, and water supply as suppliers of free stuff. Government forces them to charge low tarrifs, meaning that at the end we don't have power, water and other supporting infrastrucutre, because people want light, water, even gas and petrol at cheap prices. Meanwhile, in oyinbo land, they charge their citizens well well for power, water, petrol, and so on, even at the expense of their salaries. But at the end, these things work.

We should stop blaming the whiteman. Start paying taxes, start paying reasonable power tarrifs, remove all subsides, so that our petroleum sector will have profits to fix refinereis, and power sector the profits to fix power, and government enough revenue. Hold your government to account, not this one where we abuse buhari to day, and praise gej yesterday, while some abused GEJ yesterday and praised him tomorrow. Yes, accountability is why many developed countries work...because people sacrificed their lives to hold their governments there accountable.

Stop blaming the whites. It is our fault. Wake up

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do We Have Wicked Leaders In Africa (photos) by Vulcanheph(m): 4:49pm On Jan 28, 2022
backbencher:

Our problem is simple...

Most countries , developed countries, rely on the taxes they rake from people to fund their budget. That's why if you live in the USA, you have to pay your taxes as and at when due.

Most African countries do not rely on taxes. Instead, we rely on the revenue from the thing we are selling...be it coffee, cocoa, cotton, oil, palm oil, groundnut, diamond, platinum, etc.

The problem with that method is we do not control the prices of these commodities, because a lot of nations are also exporting the same things. Ghana relies on cocoa...which over 10 other nations, if not more also export. That impacts prices....well well.

And when we do not earn enough due to price fluctuations, we then resort to taking loans.

Also, developed countries grow strong by making goods the world needs. Like China...that's how they went from being behind Sierra Leone in terms of gdp to being a lender to Sierra Leone. They made stuff the world needed. Ditto Japan, South Korea, even Malaysia, and Indonesia...and many other countries.

But in Africa, we prefer to import ready made goods. To make phone, we no want . To make tv, we don't do. Even radio...I doubt that there is an African country where radio manufacturing happens...and most people here use radios. And that's how we enriched countries like China, who are now our new masters and mistresses.

Finally, we do not pay enough in taxes for revenue, we do not pay enough in power tarrifs . We treat every organization providing things like power and telecommunications, and water supply as suppliers of free stuff. Government forces them to charge low tarrifs, meaning that at the end we don't have power, water and other supporting infrastrucutre, because people want light, water, even gas and petrol at cheap prices. Meanwhile, in oyinbo land, they charge their citizens well well for power, water, petrol, and so on, even at the expense of their salaries. But at the end, these things work.

We should stop blaming the whiteman. Start paying taxes, start paying reasonable power tarrifs, remove all subsides, so that our petroleum sector will have profits to fix refinereis, and power sector the profits to fix power, and government enough revenue. Hold your government to account, not this one where we abuse buhari to day, and praise gej yesterday, while some abused GEJ yesterday and praised him tomorrow. Yes, accountability is why many developed countries work...because people sacrificed their lives to hold their governments there accountable.

Stop blaming the whites. It is our fault. Wake up
In a way you're right but that doesn't change the fact that I'm wrong about neo-colonialism... Most african governments are starting to realize this and have started cutting ties with thier former colonial masters, example Mali.

The problem that we have mostly in Nigeria which has stopped us from progressing is due to the system of Government we have.

We need to change our system of Government to "true federalism" which is what most Democratic countries use all over the world.
And also scrap out the Archaic 1999 constitution and write up something new.
Only then can we find progress....

5 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have Wicked Leaders In Africa (photos) by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 28, 2022
viyon02:
Though this guy has is flaws, but he is the one of the most organized military man, with high level of military dicipline and organization compare to what we have today, he is saint compared to what we have today.

Lol, this guy looted Nigeria dry with his white western partners
Re: Why Do We Have Wicked Leaders In Africa (photos) by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 28, 2022
Aboks:
General sani abacha my mentor

Lol grin
Re: Why Do We Have Wicked Leaders In Africa (photos) by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 28, 2022
bestdefender:
My nigga the problems are not the leaders but tribalism and religion, anyways ........

Fck all all

Lol, but who are the leaders? Na we we na
Re: Why Do We Have Wicked Leaders In Africa (photos) by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 28, 2022
backbencher:

Brazil tax to gdp ratio 33%

Nigeria tax to gdp ratio : 6.1%

Brazil gdp per capita 8891 dollars
Nigeria gdp per capita 2100 dollars

Brazil: highly diversified, agricultural, industrial exporter
Nigeria: We export oil, and nothing else.

Brazil: lots of money to fund budget
Nigeria: Little money to fund budget.

UNA Don come again, who do you blame for the problem that Nigeria is facing? Brazil is a country with the rule of law and everything works because they elect good leaders and no body is above the law

What have Nigeria done with the 6%?this is why people hate paying tax in the Nigeria because the money would surely and definitely be stolen by someone

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have Wicked Leaders In Africa (photos) by Investigative: 4:57pm On Jan 28, 2022
Because we have
illiterates,
tribalism
ethnic bigotry
Jihadist
Religious intolerance
Re: Why Do We Have Wicked Leaders In Africa (photos) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 28, 2022
walkbrazil4k:

UNA Don come again, who do you blame for the problem that Nigeria is facing? Brazil is a country with the rule of law and everything works because they elect good leaders and no body is above the law

What have Nigeria done with the 6%?this is why people hate paying tax in the Nigeria because the money would surely and definitely be stolen by someone

I'm just telling you that Brazil has done what it needs to do to get the money it needs to do all the good things.

Nigeria should do likewise.

Simple
Re: Why Do We Have Wicked Leaders In Africa (photos) by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 28, 2022
Vulcanheph:

In a way you're right but that doesn't change the fact that I'm wrong about neo-colonialism... Most african governments are starting to realize this and have started cutting ties with thier former colonial masters, example Mali.

The problem that we have mostly in Nigeria which has stopped us from progressing is due to the system of Government we have.

We need to change our system of Government to "true federalism" which is what most Democratic countries use all over the world.
And also scrap out the Archaic 1999 constitution and write up something new.
Only then can we find progress....

We don't need true federalism to implement the changes we need to implement now.
Re: Why Do We Have Wicked Leaders In Africa (photos) by ayindejimmy(m): 5:07pm On Jan 28, 2022
To cap it all, western world where standard of living and earning is higher you find people buying things comfortably on loan. Paying house rents weekly and monthly. Paying mortgage for 20 years and above.
But over here where things are hard we have to pay rent of 1 year or 2 straight.

And the mortgage always come with at least 30% down payment and the highest you can get is only two years instalments.
How is that a mortgage ?
Re: Why Do We Have Wicked Leaders In Africa (photos) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 28, 2022
Vulcanheph:

Very true Africans don't have the spine to choose their own leaders
Re: Why Do We Have Wicked Leaders In Africa (photos) by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 28, 2022
backbencher:

I'm just telling you that Brazil has done what it needs to do to get the money it needs to do all the good things.

Nigeria should do likewise.

Simple

This is what I am saying, the leaders can not be trusted because the money would be stolen and even the ones they are collecting they are not using it for anything, Nigerians actually pay taxes, even the market women pay tax, so where is the money

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have Wicked Leaders In Africa (photos) by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 28, 2022
Investigative:
Because we have illiterates,tribalism and ethnic bigotry

Lol
Re: Why Do We Have Wicked Leaders In Africa (photos) by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 28, 2022
ayindejimmy:
To cap it all, western world where standard of living and earning is higher you find people buying things comfortably on loan. Paying house rents weekly and monthly. Paying mortgage for 20 years and above.
But over here where things are hard we have to pay rent of 1 year or 2 straight.

And the mortgage always come with at least 30% down payment and the highest you can get is only two years instalments.
How is that a mortgage ?

They make life easy for themselves and we go there to also enjoy those benefits but our wicked leaders are refusing to do the same
Re: Why Do We Have Wicked Leaders In Africa (photos) by Richy4(m): 5:17pm On Jan 28, 2022
Because it never occurred to them that Leadership is about service.....They felt it's a way to boost their ego.. and power flexing embarassed...

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have Wicked Leaders In Africa (photos) by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jan 28, 2022
Nobody should say we don't pay tax in Nigeria we do but they still steal the money, even the market women and street traders
Pay tax and infact we have double taxation in Nigeria

Okada men in Nigeria pay like 3-5 different taxes in one day go and find out and the roads are still bad, where is the money?

The question is why are our leaders wicked?

Are they wicked because they day say we don't pay tax?

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have Wicked Leaders In Africa (photos) by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 28, 2022
Richy4:
Because it never occurred to them that Leadership is about service.....They felt it's a way to boost their ego.. and power flexing embarassed...

Yea you are right, lol, they forget that they are working for us, image the same people begging for votes, once they enter they turn to God, I just don't get it
Re: Why Do We Have Wicked Leaders In Africa (photos) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jan 28, 2022

Stop blaming the whites. It is our fault. Wake up [/quote]

If you can answer this simple question then you win

Okada men pay taxes every day in Nigeria and the roads are still bad, I mean daily taxation

Now tell me, where is the money??

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have Wicked Leaders In Africa (photos) by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 28, 2022
walkbrazil4k:

This is what I am saying, the leaders can not be trusted because the money would be stolen and even the ones they are collecting they are not using it for anything, Nigerians actually pay taxes, even the market women pay tax, so where is the money

You know, I am tried of hearing 'leaders cannot be trusted'

The thing is we don't do the hard work of holding leaders to account.

Developed nations, including the neo colonialist ones, work because people actually do the hard work of holding leaders to account, whoever they are.

In Nigeria, we only hold the leaders to account when our party is not in power. When it is our party's turn, we prepare for enjoyment.

Plus, we don't pay enough tax...as these quotes from an article put it nicely

The government says that value added tax (VAT) and company income tax have been on the increase since 2015.

But a UN report this year showed that in 2018, Nigeria's estimated VAT gap - the shortfall between potential and actual VAT collections - was one of the largest in Africa

There is more...

.According to some estimates, Nigeria has one of the world's lowest ratios of tax to GDP.

That is the total amount of tax collected as a proportion of GDP - the value of the country's goods and services.

In 2016, it was at 6%, going by figures from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), a grouping of the world's leading market economies.

That is the latest year for which data is available.

The tax-to-GDP ratio in South Africa was 29%, Ghana 18%, Egypt 15% and Kenya 18%, says the OECD.

The average for OECD members - which includes all the advanced economies - was 34%

And the final piece

And finally

.In 2018, 19 million Nigerians paid into federal or state coffers, according to government data.

A World Bank report in that year put the country's economically active population at 65 million - so even with rising numbers of taxpayers in recent years, that is still less than 30% paying tax

SAUCE

Plus, if we paid enough in taxes, why is our budget having a benchmark crude oil price? Surely we could fund our budget from taxes alone?
Re: Why Do We Have Wicked Leaders In Africa (photos) by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 28, 2022
Backbencher I asked you a simple question

Where is the taxes that okada men pay everyday?

Why are they not using the tax to fix the roads?

Stop talking about taxes when the ones the people pay are stolen

Is it tax that made them hide pallatives during the pandemic??

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have Wicked Leaders In Africa (photos) by blessedchild234(m): 6:23pm On Jan 28, 2022
The stealing they steal is for many generations unborn.
Re: Why Do We Have Wicked Leaders In Africa (photos) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 28, 2022
walkbrazil4k:
Backbencher I asked you a simple question

Where is the taxes that okada men pay everyday?

Why are they not using the tax to fix the roads?

Stop talking about taxes when the ones the people pay are stolen

Is it tax that made them hide pallatives during the pandemic??

Nigeria is not a country of okada riders.

Plus you cleverly avoided addressing the points I raised.

As a whole, we don't pay enough taxes. Even okada riders. Plus 20 years ago, we removed toll gates...which were an effective way of getting money for road work....meaning we had to rely on fuel money more

Face it, the tax revenue we generate in this country is not enough. The figures back me up. Sorry, but we cannot choose facts.
Re: Why Do We Have Wicked Leaders In Africa (photos) by olioxx(m): 7:01pm On Jan 28, 2022
OP regarding your initial question on why Africa has bad leaders, the truth is the matter deep. Even me can't really understand, but maybe because majority of African masses can't stand up against her leaders, that is one possibility.

backbencher I have 2 questions for you.
1. The taxes Nigerians have been paying since, what have the government done with it?
2. Is low tax payment really the issue of Nigeria's current situation?

backbencher:

1.We aren't earning enough, be it taxes and oil revenue. The corruption makes matters worse

2..Our reliance on oil alone is the source of all our problems and finding a solution means widening the tax base, diversifying away from oil, paying the power and petroleum sector at the price they set, not the price government sets for them, and becoming an industrial nation long term.

Simple

What you wrote up there is some raw unrelated stuff.
Now the taxes Nigeria Government have been collecting since day 1, what have they done with it?
More to that what is the blue print to industrializing a nation?
If you can't answer my question I will tell you will due respect not to argue with me.
Matters like this is deep.
walkbrazil4k:

I think you are related to that tax man in Nigeria fowler grin, you keep on talking about tax, dude the tax the market women and okada rider's pay daily where is it? OK let me add bus drivers, where is the money?

That taxes can be used to fix roads and in turn create jobs for the people, you see am

So the answer is simple the tax the okada riders and the market women and the drivers are paying are not working because they should have good roads and infact the government should give them some benefits from that money that they pay like accident insurance or something, remember they pay this tax daily
No mind that baba, he is forming woke but all what he typed up there is inconsistent. Too vague and baseless.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News : Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Sacked As Leader Of IPOB Worldwide - Pics / Anambra Kidnapped Lawmaker Okoye Beheaded By IPOB UGM / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.