Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,051 members, 7,828,700 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Would You Vote For Yar Adua If We Are To Vote Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would You Vote For Yar Adua If We Are To Vote Again (1812 Views)

I Will Not Vote Again If Jega/inec Is Not Prosecuted / I-will-vote-again-for-president-goodluck-jonathan-come- / The Internet, Nigeria Newspaper, Oga Yar Adua And Sss Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Vote For Yar Adua If We Are To Vote Again by Gettolove(m): 5:38pm On Jul 31, 2007
I would like to seek your opinion on this issue because most of us felt this guy was going to be a puppet to baba in ota. In the last few months, we have experienced a turn around in governance in the country.

your opinion counts, pls respond
Re: Would You Vote For Yar Adua If We Are To Vote Again by denex: 5:54pm On Jul 31, 2007
I was not among those that believed he was going to be a puppet. I am also not among those that believe that what he is doing right now is not a continuity of governance.

I'll vote Yar'Adua over and over again.
Re: Would You Vote For Yar Adua If We Are To Vote Again by Gettolove(m): 10:03am On Aug 01, 2007
Honestly i did not beleive in him at all.

I will vote for him too
Re: Would You Vote For Yar Adua If We Are To Vote Again by Mariory(m): 3:20pm On Aug 01, 2007
If I could vote and we had the same candidates for president, then yes I would vote for him.
Re: Would You Vote For Yar Adua If We Are To Vote Again by desgiezd(m): 3:33pm On Aug 01, 2007
I guess its too early for me to say, I'll rather prefer to watch him for about six months or so. But so far, so good. For once, we have a leader who has shown that one could have power and still be humble in using this power. We have also been witnessing governance that has a human face and one that listens.
Re: Would You Vote For Yar Adua If We Are To Vote Again by Afam(m): 3:34pm On Aug 01, 2007
I did state before that if the only good thing that OBJ did in 8 years (assuming he didn't do anything good according to some die hard pessimists) was to bring Yar'adua out to run for presidency then Nigerians owe OBJ a big thank you.

Only say I no get voters card but if I get I go vote for am well well.
Re: Would You Vote For Yar Adua If We Are To Vote Again by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 01, 2007
I'd vote for him over and over again too. cheesy

I just knew it,  that he was going to make a whole lot of differences. Then, when people were clamouring that he was a sickler with kidney problem, blah blah blah. I was just of the opinion that we could give him a chance. At least we've had a lot of hale & healthy looking presidents, yet . . Though it's still early to conclude, but i pray he ends well.
Re: Would You Vote For Yar Adua If We Are To Vote Again by yarodin: 6:59pm On Aug 01, 2007
It is too early to start praising or dissing Yaradua right now. I would like to see what happens in coming months and years then we can make decisions. The situation is just like brand new school prefects who at the beginning are enforcing every school rules and regulations, but as the months go by they gradually begin to chill out a little. Yes, he has said the right things so far, but will he be another dissappointment or a blessing to Nigeria.
Re: Would You Vote For Yar Adua If We Are To Vote Again by naijaway(m): 10:22pm On Aug 01, 2007
As long as he has that graduate degree thing going on then i would definately vote for him again. But his performance result is not out yet.
Re: Would You Vote For Yar Adua If We Are To Vote Again by Danmasani(m): 1:20am On Aug 02, 2007
naijaway:

As long as he has that graduate degree thing going on then i would definately vote for him again. But his performance result is not out yet.

Wow, Robert Mugabe has 7 University degress, PhD among them and yet he has held to power for a long time. Your reason smacks no sense at all.
I would vote for Yar'adua if given the chance. But what difference does it make? Elections which were rigged and massively manipulated should be allowed to stand. I am of the view that we should not conduct fresh elections. Let the courts decide!
Re: Would You Vote For Yar Adua If We Are To Vote Again by denex: 4:11am On Aug 02, 2007
@Danmasani

it makes a great difference to vote in a well educated man. It is impossible to use Mugabe's to generalise about all educated people around the world.

elections which were "rigged and massively manipulated" according to you, do you absolutely believe Buhari, Utomi, Atiku or Okotie won these elections? Please feel free to let us know.
Re: Would You Vote For Yar Adua If We Are To Vote Again by angel101(f): 10:25am On Aug 02, 2007
are u saying the elections were not rigged and marred by irregularities? in all our support please lets also be honest and accept the facts.
Re: Would You Vote For Yar Adua If We Are To Vote Again by Gettolove(m): 12:55pm On Aug 02, 2007
The election was definately marred with irregularities and violence in many parts of the country. The truth of the matter is that THERE IS A FUNDAMENTAL PROBLEM WITH OUR ELECTORAL SYSTEM which is the major reason for irregularities and violence during elections.

I think we have to look at our electoral body which most of the time is used by the incumbent presidents to ensure that their own candidates accross the country win at all cost, we need a truely independent electoral body to conduct free and fair elections.

I still prefer this guy to either ATIKU or BUHARI
Re: Would You Vote For Yar Adua If We Are To Vote Again by ladebi(m): 4:20pm On Aug 02, 2007
I would vote Yara Dua and any other candidate the party fields.
Re: Would You Vote For Yar Adua If We Are To Vote Again by Afam(m): 6:50pm On Aug 02, 2007
angel101:

are u saying the elections were not rigged and marred by irregularities? in all our support please lets also be honest and accept the facts.

For sure, elections were rigged for and against PDP in some states.

But the bottom line is that Yar'adua would still win any of the candidates that contested the last presidential election anyday, anytime.
Re: Would You Vote For Yar Adua If We Are To Vote Again by denex: 7:40pm On Aug 02, 2007
@angel101

There were irregularities. A lot of touts perpetuate these stealing ballot boxes, stuffing ballot boxes, na Yar'Adua send them?

Not up to 50 ballot boxes were stolen. Even if you steal 100 ballot boxes were stolen in a Presidential election, it would have no significant effect overall. The only situation where 50 stolen ballot boxes will have an effect is in a state governorship election. In local government election, as few as 5 ballot boxes stolen and stuffed will have a massive effect on the elections.

If Yar'Adua wanted to cheat, he would not steal ballot boxes he knows where to go and he didn't.

Yar'Adua admitted that there were irregularities during the elections, he did not say he cheated. Because he did not cheat.
Re: Would You Vote For Yar Adua If We Are To Vote Again by Gettolove(m): 9:20am On Aug 03, 2007
denex:

@angel101

There were irregularities. A lot of touts perpetuate these stealing ballot boxes, stuffing ballot boxes, na Yar'Adua send them?
If Yar'Adua wanted to cheat, he would not steal ballot boxes he knows where to go and he didn't.

Yar'Adua admitted that there were irregularities during the elections, he did not say he cheated. Because he did not cheat.

Would you agree with me that the cheating and irregularities were all in his favour?
Re: Would You Vote For Yar Adua If We Are To Vote Again by Mariory(m): 10:02am On Aug 03, 2007
No. Absolutely not. How do you intend to convince us your assertion is true?
Re: Would You Vote For Yar Adua If We Are To Vote Again by Bankole01(m): 1:44pm On Aug 03, 2007
Afam:

For sure, elections were rigged for and against PDP in some states.

But the bottom line is that Yar'adua would still win any of the candidates that contested the last presidential election anyday, anytime.

There are definitely no garantees that Yar'Adua would win in a free and fair election. If so why did Obasanjo massively rig the elections in his favour.

My candidate was Buhari and is still Buhari. I believe he would have won the elections. He had more support in the North and SouthWest, maybe even in the Middle Belt region. He was by far the best the candidate.
He is honest candid and very desciplined. This is what Nigeria needs. A strong arm that will not condone all the inconsistencies and rascality in the polity.

Yar'Adua although a gentleman, prudent and careful, will be an underperformer. He could not have won in his own neighborhood!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Would You Vote For Yar Adua If We Are To Vote Again by Danmasani(m): 1:55pm On Aug 03, 2007
Bankole01:

There are definitely no garantees that Yar'Adua would win in a free and fair election. If so why did Obasanjo massively rig the elections in his favour.

My candidate was Buhari and is still Buhari. I believe he would have won the elections. He had more support in the North and SouthWest, maybe even in the Middle Belt region. He was by far the best the candidate.
He is honest candid and very desciplined. This is what Nigeria needs. A strong arm that will not condone all the inconsistencies and rascality in the polity.

Yar'Adua although a gentleman, prudent and careful, will be an underperformer. He could not have won in his own neighborhood!!!!!!!!!!!

Yar'adua won and will win that elections anyday in Katsina state. Except from Daura where Muhammadu Buhari hails from, Yar'adua will win almost every LGA. Similarly, the middle-belt is weary of Buhari and will not finger print for him on anyday. Dont come here saying things you don't know
Re: Would You Vote For Yar Adua If We Are To Vote Again by danalyst(m): 2:44pm On Aug 03, 2007
i have nothing against Yar Adua but will ONLY vote him, if he contest in any political party OTHER THAN THE PDP. PDP has brought nothing but pain and anguish to Nigerians. they are called "nest of killers", "assembly of ungodly men", "cycle of corrupt politicians", "OBJ Holding", among others.

if i have my way, i would prosecute and ensure maximum jail term for all past, present and future PDP members.

they are ALL CROOKS AND DECEITFUL
Re: Would You Vote For Yar Adua If We Are To Vote Again by Mariory(m): 4:35pm On Aug 03, 2007
Bankole01:

Buhari enjoys support in the South West? That is news to me. Buhari's support is in the North.
Re: Would You Vote For Yar Adua If We Are To Vote Again by Bankole01(m): 5:01pm On Aug 03, 2007
Mariory:

Buhari enjoys support in the South West? That is news to me. Buhari's support is in the North.

Yes, Buhari enjoys support in the South West due to his pricipled stance.
Re: Would You Vote For Yar Adua If We Are To Vote Again by ADint(m): 6:28pm On Aug 03, 2007
The PDP were in control of 28 of the 36 States including the presidency at the time of the elections, it is inconceivable that they would not have won the presidential elections (yes, by a lesser margin, but would have won all the same).  The presidential candidate is from a formidable power block in the north with, though lukewarm but, adequate support base in the west. They also had the presidential running mate from the south south -  this would have guaranteed them landslide victory in that region.  In fact, it would have required 'highly advanced and spellbounding rigging' (light years ahead) for any other party to have won!

Yar'dua is still the best option amongst the candidates available, he had his earlier stewardship in Katsina State as a precedent.  Buhari has his good points, but he is a bit extreme, does not understand politics or diplomacy and was in the wrong party.  Atiku - didn't stand a chance in the current dispensation - also credibility issues.
Re: Would You Vote For Yar Adua If We Are To Vote Again by denex: 11:48pm On Aug 03, 2007
@Gettolove

NO! I WOULD NOT AGREE WITH YOU!!!
Re: Would You Vote For Yar Adua If We Are To Vote Again by obasanjo2(m): 3:59pm On Aug 06, 2007
@ADint

Pal, u're on point! Yar'Adua is by far the most credible candidate for many reasons.
1. Integrity - though Buhari also has it but his military background is a minus.
2. VP Ticket - The south-south votes massively and they know too well what the position could bring to their table
3. Platform - take it or leave it, PDP is like a monster, a phenomenon. They have the structures on ground. Now, if AC - or even the smallest party - had the same platform, they'd have rigged dirty!
4. Track record - Yar'Adua's work in Katsina speaks volumes. (I served in Katsina while he was governor there)
5. Annointing - it's hard (not impossible, see Bauchi state) to dislodge a sitting government. OBJ was hell-bent on seeing his dear 'Umoru' to the throne.
6. Reward - his brother, Shehu was VERY loyal to OBJ so that also counted in his favour.

Now, there's no doubt that the 4/21 elections were rigged, with PDP being the biggest culprit. But other parties would have done same if they were the sitting govt. ALL the parties are guilty of rigging.

To the question, I voted for Yar'Adua openly in an AC-dominated area! And if there's need for a re-run, I'd place the ballot paper where everyone can see it and vote for Umar again!
Re: Would You Vote For Yar Adua If We Are To Vote Again by OBJ3(m): 4:16pm On Aug 06, 2007
at least people have started to see the light. AC rigged in lagos, PPA rigged in Abia, ANPP rigged in borno etc who is decieving who? y'aradua was the best canditate other things being equal. so there's no disputing the fact that OBJ used his wisdom in nigeria's favour. imagine if Atiku is president today.
ungrateful people angry
nonsense angry
Re: Would You Vote For Yar Adua If We Are To Vote Again by kaaycee(m): 5:30pm On Aug 06, 2007
yaradua is not a puppet,he`s got some senses in him dat de difference btw a graduate and d old men who high jacked d nigerian politics.
Re: Would You Vote For Yar Adua If We Are To Vote Again by Gettolove(m): 11:41am On Aug 10, 2007
denex:

@Gettolove

NO! I WOULD NOT AGREE WITH YOU!!!

If you dont agree no problem, but out president has openly said that the election that brought him to ASO rock was neither free nor fair. I am not saying he actually rigged but the effect of the rig paid off.

O-B-J:

at least people have started to see the light. AC rigged in lagos, PPA rigged in Abia, ANPP rigged in borno etc who is decieving who? y'aradua was the best canditate other things being equal. so there's no disputing the fact that OBJ used his wisdom in nigeria's favour. imagine if Atiku is president today.
ungrateful people angry
nonsense angry

lagos election was the most peaceful in the last elections, i dont know about other states cos i was not there.

@ all

I have a big question, SHOULD WE VOTE FOR A PARTY OR AN INDIVIDUAL, my question may be unneccessary but i needed to ask in a case like naija where every policians seem to be a looter irrespective of the party he/she belongs.
Re: Would You Vote For Yar Adua If We Are To Vote Again by millitant(m): 11:48am On Aug 10, 2007
in some cases you can vote for party in the sense that PDP has put us thru hell in this nation so i think its best not to vote for them.ciao
Re: Would You Vote For Yar Adua If We Are To Vote Again by Gettolove(m): 12:19pm On Aug 10, 2007
@militant

I think most people in other parties are not quite different from those in PDP, most of them find themselves in new parties because they were not allowed to 'chop' money or not given appointments.A good example is ADEMOLA ADENIJI ADELE, the commisional of sports in lagos who joined AC for no other reason but selfish.

It is only in Nigeria that you have to beg and plea before people would come out and vote.

wHy
LaCk oF tRusT
Re: Would You Vote For Yar Adua If We Are To Vote Again by NOIBMUUL(m): 12:29pm On Aug 10, 2007
@ topic

too early to decide. legs still crossed and face glued, still watching,

(1) (2) (Reply)

2011: No Automatic Ticket For Fashola —ac / Michelle Obama Shuns Patience Jonathan In New York. / Obio-akpor L.g.a. (port Harcourt) Illegal Radio License Taxation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.