Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Infantino Criticized For Saying World Cup Could Stop African Migrants Dying - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Infantino Criticized For Saying World Cup Could Stop African Migrants Dying (18620 Views)

Messi Criticized By The French Media / Cristiano Ronaldo Criticized For Posting Private Jet Selfie After Emiliano Sala / NFF: How FIFA President, Infantino Reacted To Pinnick’s Re-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infantino Criticized For Saying World Cup Could Stop African Migrants Dying by Olubidex: 8:56am On Jan 29, 2022
franchasng:
Don't mind them.

Giving charity as in donating to IDPs caused by terrorists...terrorists who became terrorists out of poverty, lack of civilized education and reasoning.

Infantino is completely right.

Europe have it all already, sports and its sister events should have more focus on Africa, it will go a long way in liberating African youths.

Imagine if we have one million Nigerian youths playing professional football and other sports in Europe and earning legitimate money?

Most of those African migrants risking their lives to migrate to Europe via dangerous routes are highly talented youths who are good in swimming, jumping, football, wrestling, boxing, etc. If the world expand and develop more on sports with a focus on Africa, it will help to discover and develop more African youths and give them dignity like Infantino proposed.

World cup should be biennial truly, I have querried this in the past.

Africans just like forming victim all the time, the man is spot on

How does biennial world cup competition help?
Re: Infantino Criticized For Saying World Cup Could Stop African Migrants Dying by cardoctor(m): 8:59am On Jan 29, 2022
Na him papa die
Re: Infantino Criticized For Saying World Cup Could Stop African Migrants Dying by Kurumaru: 9:24am On Jan 29, 2022
jesmond3945:
he derided a whole continent and you are his fan? What of arabs that cross the sea? What of black players in Europe, how do you think people would see them, fresh off the boat?

The truth is always not too pleasant to the ears. Africa needs to wake up.
We need people like him, to always spell it out, spill it in our faces. Even Trump in his own way called our attention to this Reality. Now when they say this things u and some reasonable people from that clime get furious .
Guess what! We need more people(Africans) to be furious just the way u are now, so the people can begin to ask questions and demand for better leadership...

1 Like

Re: Infantino Criticized For Saying World Cup Could Stop African Migrants Dying by franchasng: 9:25am On Jan 29, 2022
Olubidex:

How does biennial world cup competition help?
It will increase national participation. It will mean every 2 years there will be world cup, which means it will rotate more around nations and also lead to discovery of more football talents.
Re: Infantino Criticized For Saying World Cup Could Stop African Migrants Dying by dchamp234(m): 9:34am On Jan 29, 2022
I know alot would disagree with this but in honesty, the Fifa president is correct, read what he said over again and analyze it yourself.... .
Re: Infantino Criticized For Saying World Cup Could Stop African Migrants Dying by Newton85: 9:44am On Jan 29, 2022
psalmistkakah:

In as much as hosting the world cup has nothing to do with african migrants.. But he already pass a message to african's leader.. let us stay home and do the needful and see if this white people won't beg us to come abroad.. We speak and stand with one voice our leaders will respect dem selves... They travelled out and see development out there and but won't same here..
You still don't get, do you? It's not in the place of the FIFA President to dabble into such geopolitical and humanitarian controversy. Yes, it's very shameful how Africans risk their lives to emigrate to these places, but Infantino should stick to football. There's no correlation between the two at all.
Re: Infantino Criticized For Saying World Cup Could Stop African Migrants Dying by highness25(m): 9:50am On Jan 29, 2022
Re: Infantino Criticized For Saying World Cup Could Stop African Migrants Dying by Elemosho478: 10:03am On Jan 29, 2022
Totilopussylick:
All this racist white people love to feel like they are saint undecided

I don't blame him

The blame is on African leaders undecided

From a bloody tribalist like you, most of your comments are full of tribalism and hatred

You don't have any moral ground to criticize racists. Dirty Hypocrite
Re: Infantino Criticized For Saying World Cup Could Stop African Migrants Dying by jesmond3945: 10:10am On Jan 29, 2022
Kurumaru:

We need people like him, to always spell it out, spill it in our faces. Even Trump in his own way called our attention to this Reality. Now when they say this things u and some reasonable people from that clime get furious .
Guess what! We need more people(Africans) to be furious just the way u are now, so the people can begin to ask questions and demand for better leadership...
what of Arabs, why didnt he call them out?
Re: Infantino Criticized For Saying World Cup Could Stop African Migrants Dying by jesmond3945: 10:11am On Jan 29, 2022
tegrianonigltd:

How many compared to blacks, more so he mentioned Africans... not only black
so Arabs are not worthy to be mentioned? Is all right. Lets continue to seek validation from white man.
Re: Infantino Criticized For Saying World Cup Could Stop African Migrants Dying by psalmistkakah(m): 10:23am On Jan 29, 2022
Kurumaru:

we are on d same page
Re: Infantino Criticized For Saying World Cup Could Stop African Migrants Dying by psalmistkakah(m): 10:25am On Jan 29, 2022
Newton85:
You still don't get, do you? It's not in the place of the FIFA President to dabble into such geopolitical and humanitarian controversy. Yes, it's very shameful how Africans risk their lives to emigrate to these places, but Infantino should stick to football. There's no correlation between the two at all.
wat make african players prefer going professional in whites man land, poverty, so in football language.. it will help to curb african players migrating, He said FIFA have the fund to give equality to less develop continent, then he use Africa as a case study. wat is wrong with dat.. With world cup tournament coming every 2 years, it is an advantage to Africa cos football is like an avenue for advertising your country and its resources to the world... Like Qatar i do not much about it, with the virue of hosting the world cup i will get to more about dem and other people.. u see his point..
Re: Infantino Criticized For Saying World Cup Could Stop African Migrants Dying by 4kizo(m): 10:30am On Jan 29, 2022
I don't blame them, with good leaders Africa will be right on the top...we are naturally blessed
Re: Infantino Criticized For Saying World Cup Could Stop African Migrants Dying by Brian47(m): 10:31am On Jan 29, 2022
If you want more affrican participation, increase the number of countries that are participating.
Re: Infantino Criticized For Saying World Cup Could Stop African Migrants Dying by ajl: 10:46am On Jan 29, 2022
He should first go and tell France to release the hundreds of billion dollar treasury of francophone countries in its care. Maybe by then these countries will have money to invest in their countries and people won't be running away. Likewise he should tell western banks from accepting money from officials of corrupt countries like Nigeria and others.

1 Like

Re: Infantino Criticized For Saying World Cup Could Stop African Migrants Dying by ajl: 10:48am On Jan 29, 2022
4kizo:
I don't blame them, with good leaders Africa will be right on the top...we are naturally blessed

These same Europeans will not allow it. They prefer the corrupt leaders they can control. These people are just too evil. They want Africa's resources for themselves.
Re: Infantino Criticized For Saying World Cup Could Stop African Migrants Dying by ajl: 10:53am On Jan 29, 2022
psalmistkakah:

wat make african players prefer going professional in whites man land, poverty, so in football language.. it will help to curb african players migrating, He said FIFA have the fund to give equality to less develop continent, then he use Africa as a case study. wat is wrong with dat.. With world cup tournament coming every 2 years, it is an advantage to Africa cos football is like an avenue for advertising your country and its resources to the world... Like Qatar i do not much about it, with the virue of hosting the world cup i will get to more about dem and other people.. u see his point..

You really don't have a clue why things are the way they are in Africa. Having the world cup every two years or every year will not change anything. The people who are the source of the endless problems in Africa are in the western world with their collaborators in power all over Africa. Once a genuine Afrucan leader is selected, they find a way to get him/her kicked out. The people you are assuming to be your savior are your number one enemy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Infantino Criticized For Saying World Cup Could Stop African Migrants Dying by tegrianonigltd(m): 11:49am On Jan 29, 2022
jesmond3945:
so Arabs are not worthy to be mentioned? Is all right. Lets continue to seek validation from white man.

Comprehend my message again like 5’times you go get my point, inclusive Arab, try read to understand not read to reply
Re: Infantino Criticized For Saying World Cup Could Stop African Migrants Dying by ledaman: 12:13pm On Jan 29, 2022
The FIFA president said nothing bad. If we should get the data of those migrating to Europe or Asian countries in the name of greener pastures it is worrisome and it just little fraction of them makes it because majority of them dies on the way especially those ones moving by sea. It is a deadly journey with less hope. So I strongly believe if the tournament could be held every two years and hosted in Africa it would generate employment and even serve as toursim centre after the games based on the location and the countries hosting it. African's think deep.
Re: Infantino Criticized For Saying World Cup Could Stop African Migrants Dying by Newton85: 1:52pm On Jan 29, 2022
psalmistkakah:

The people dying in the Sahara and Mediterranean trying to cross to Europe aren't footballers, you annoying clown! And yeah, I wonder why Infantino isn't mentioning Brazilians, Argentines, Mexicans etc since they also prefer "going professional in the white man's land"? You're such a genius.
Re: Infantino Criticized For Saying World Cup Could Stop African Migrants Dying by WoundedLamb: 2:17pm On Jan 29, 2022
naptu2:

I created this thread yesterday and added the pictures yesterday, so how could you have made your comments before pictures were uploaded when you made your comments today and the pictures were uploaded yesterday??

In fact, I uploaded the screenshots before I added the article (because I was afraid of the anti-spam bot) !

Please, read my comment again. I said I made my comment before the pics loaded on my phone not before they were uploaded. The first time I opened the page, the pictures were broken. I only went back to reload page after you quoted me the second time cause I wanted to see if the the organizations you named were actually mentioned in the post. I've long edited my comment.

1 Like

Re: Infantino Criticized For Saying World Cup Could Stop African Migrants Dying by boolet: 3:21pm On Jan 29, 2022
tegrianonigltd:

If you read, he was right. If you can comprehend he was right, But because he is white, they didn’t see where he was coming from, rather everyone concluded, he want worldcup in africa often, enough football activities to increase economic growth to give hope to young Africans, the death on the sea is worrisome, why are Africans not seeing that, they focused on his speech, rather than finding what is causing men and women dying to get to Europe
You may also decide to read my comment again to comprehend that I wasn't talking about him being right or wrong. Africa this, Africa that... That's my grouse. Go watch the series "Stateless" on Netflix, and you'll get to see that Africans are only a fraction of races that take to sea for migration.

I guess, going by his comments, talented footballers, and/or potential professional sportsmen are the only ones who die at sea. Meanwhile, what I said is my opinion. Have a great weekend.
Re: Infantino Criticized For Saying World Cup Could Stop African Migrants Dying by Skmoda360(m): 8:52pm On Jan 30, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
continent wey no get future, i weep for my continent aswear
Na barawo full this country.......

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ronaldo Will Not Face Charges In His Rape Case - US / Falcons Leave Hotel For Stadium Ahead Of Germany Clash / 2018 World Cup: Super Eagles Confirm Payment Of Bonuses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.