Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Between "Can't And Won't" Which One Is More Better To Use Here - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Between "Can't And Won't" Which One Is More Better To Use Here (366 Views)

She's Just Using You If (subtle Signs That A Girl Is Just Using And Won't Date U / Between Oou And Lautech Which Of This uni Is Better To Study Medicine / The Word OKRO Does Not Exist.check The Correct Word To Use Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between "Can't And Won't" Which One Is More Better To Use Here by Idamond: 9:05pm On Jan 28, 2022
A memo was sent to inform us on a training tomorrow and I want to use a short sentence to tell them I'm not coming..

Good evening all
Let’s all be reminded that we will be having media (still camera) training tomorrow by 11am with Bro Ini.
Please let’s be punctual and try to attend… Thank you
Between i can't make it tomorrow and I won't make it tomorrow which one should I use?

Mynd44
Seun
lalasticlala
Re: Between "Can't And Won't" Which One Is More Better To Use Here by Romanoff(f): 9:08pm On Jan 28, 2022
They are both correct depending on the context.

1 Like

Re: Between "Can't And Won't" Which One Is More Better To Use Here by MufasaLion: 9:08pm On Jan 28, 2022
Use "can't."

1 Like

Re: Between "Can't And Won't" Which One Is More Better To Use Here by pdppower: 9:10pm On Jan 28, 2022
Simply say "I won't be able to make it tomorrow". That's more official.

1 Like

Re: Between "Can't And Won't" Which One Is More Better To Use Here by skyoboy(m): 9:16pm On Jan 28, 2022
J
Re: Between "Can't And Won't" Which One Is More Better To Use Here by BuyAndSellStuff: 9:58pm On Jan 28, 2022
Can't means its not your fault.
Won't means you don't want to (except you add "be able to" to soften it).

Your choice.

1 Like

Re: Between "Can't And Won't" Which One Is More Better To Use Here by ClassicMan202(m): 10:59pm On Jan 28, 2022
BuyAndSellStuff:
Can't means its not your fault.
Won't means you don't want to (except you add "be able to" to soften it).

Your choice.

The post above is correct.

BTW 'More better' is wrong, just 'Better' would suffice.

1 Like

Re: Between "Can't And Won't" Which One Is More Better To Use Here by Ethanuella: 11:09pm On Jan 28, 2022
Unfortunately, i would be unable to attend the training tomorrow due to (your reasons - might not be actual reasons though)
Re: Between "Can't And Won't" Which One Is More Better To Use Here by federal9: 11:50pm On Jan 28, 2022
Idamond:
I memo was sent to inform us on a training tomorrow and I want to use a short sentence to tell them I'm not coming..

Between i can't make it tomorrow and I won't make it tomorrow which one should I use?

Mynd44
Seun
lalasticlala

Can I for ability/ capability

Will/won't is for possibility.
Re: Between "Can't And Won't" Which One Is More Better To Use Here by Idamond: 12:37am On Jan 29, 2022
federal9:

Can I for ability/ capability
Will/won't is for possibility.
u just stated without saying the one to use

(1) (Reply)

When Will ASUU Call Off Strike?, See All You Need To Know / New Zealand Government Scholarship 2022 (fully Funded) / Please I Need Books On Public Speaking, Can You Recommend Anyone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.