Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. (18158 Views)

With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? / Entering USA Or Europe As A Married Man Or Single. Which Is Better? / Cost Of Flight Tickets From Nigeria To USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by metalgear11(m): 5:26pm On Feb 01, 2022
Blissbath:
I have not seen him before

That's one of the reasons to be very careful. Pls check your PM.
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 5:26pm On Feb 01, 2022
Lol
do4luv14:

If you no want, make me and you shook legs for one sokoto, better enter road go airport and fly away to US oooo cheesy
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 5:28pm On Feb 01, 2022
He didn't say anything like that
Yankee101:
Tell him he'll pay for your nursing school abroad or help cosign a student loan for you for an accelerated nursing BSC (B Nursing) since you already have a first degree
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 5:29pm On Feb 01, 2022
He is not paying
Udodiri01:
If you ask this question again.... I go know say ur village people dey work 24 7.....tell him you go run am 3 years.... But try signing a contract... Also know the going rate for Nani work by hours and calculate for two years...
$10 as u no dey pay tax..under the table
$10 X 12 hours a day =120
$120 X 30 days = $ 3,600
$3600 X 24 months = $86, 400

Try define the work of Nani only....
For people talking above, the uncle wants the child to speak African language na why he no go for Yankee nani
Study nursing in two years, and start earning in usd...
Come to Nigeria buy 1 husbands
Live happily ever after
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 5:31pm On Feb 01, 2022
I am not desperate to leave nija ... tanks though
Belial06:
[s][/s]

Sorry ma don't be offended but you sound very poorly educated maybe from a low quality school. Because you are so quick to accept and thank these village people or witches in disguise for this stupid advise below. Please even if you were cursed to never succeed in life learn to be objective and reject such a fate. Follow your uncle!!
See village people and witches in disguise as advisers grin

Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 5:31pm On Feb 01, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

The UK is definitely short of nurses. Loads of vacancies in the NHS.
tank you very much

1 Like

Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 5:32pm On Feb 01, 2022
Enemyofpeace:
Boat of them are good, but stay with us Nigeria and let’s suffer together
lol...I will definitely leave when I am ready
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 5:34pm On Feb 01, 2022
He needs blood relative
saintruky:

Now that u have made ya decision... Abeg tell ur uncle say person dey when go do d nanny work for free.. make he just sponsor me to d US.. I'll not only take care of his child, I'll take care of d full area/town..
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 5:35pm On Feb 01, 2022
I appreciate
nextstep:
What I'm hearing is uncle is looking for cheap in-house nanny that won't get paid anything. All he needs to is put up a ticket, and give you a room. Then mumu you will come and spend 10 years being nanny, no independence, no income, and no chance to meet anyone else. Please stay in your nursing school, and apply on your own to anywhere in the world.

This nanny happened to get restitution from the courts, but I can imagine hundreds who suffered in silence for years.
https://www.nairaland.com/4273063/nigerian-nanny-gets-121000-pay
https://www.mcall.com/news/local/easton/mc-palmer-couple-nigerian-nanny-20161115-story.html
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 5:36pm On Feb 01, 2022
Tank you
shevchenko:

How old is the child? Just be careful 2 years can turn to 5 years or forever

You are 25 years , this is the time you are leaving the peak of potential male interests .

Do your nursing jejely in Nigeria.Family reunion abroad is horrible
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 5:37pm On Feb 01, 2022
I don't know
slimjohn2k5:
Your uncle HV hospital n cannot afford a nanny.
I case my rest
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 5:38pm On Feb 01, 2022
I don't want to make any mistake
bazzyblings:

This isn’t a topic you bring out for deliberation .. aren’t you seeing what’s going on in the country ? And you have an opportunity to go else where and you’re seeking deliberations about it ??

Na juju b that
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 5:39pm On Feb 01, 2022
Nursing school
BigIyanga:

So you graduated from University and then got another admission to study nursing?? Or are you admitted to a nursing school that doesn offer Bachelor degree?
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 5:40pm On Feb 01, 2022
Tank you
clockwisereport:

Aunty, go for nursing. Forget all these uncles and their fake promises. They will through you out after 15 years and accuse you of being a witch.

Nursing any day any time, twice on Tuesday
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by chaloskyx: 5:43pm On Feb 01, 2022
hanty think well o cause you see once you dont have legit papers in the us you are forever held captive by ur uncle you cant work etc so if he decides not to send you to school you would be helpless and shame would not want you to come back to Naija also you cant leave his house cause if caught you would be deported. ask yourself why hasnt the so called uncle sent his kids to day care and hes looking for the cheaper option of bringing a house girl from Nigeria to save his costs? o yes you are a house girl o even lower than that cause he wont pay you you would also cook clean the house do groceries and clean after his kids better do your nursing school then relocate to us or Canada who recruit nurses from Nigeria through their immigration programs. your so called uncle does not have good plans for you or wish u well

1 Like

Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 5:43pm On Feb 01, 2022
Tank you
hosey:

Lol. The uncle is very poor and wants free labour.

@OP, Blissbath. Don't mind your family members using you. I am sure your uncle will be bribing them.

Your uncle wants free labour and can't hire nanny. He will sleep with you every time as he has no connection with you. He will use you as a sexual love-vendor for his freinds.

Be in control and have your Nursing qualification. Don't depend on anyone. Squire your work experience, marry and travel overseas with your husband and children if you have one.

Your uncle is a liar.
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 5:44pm On Feb 01, 2022
Ok
candygist:
Even if you don’t want to travel. For the sake of your unborn kids and your future generation, I will advice you to travel to USA. Your unborn kids will be forever grateful that you made that decision. Imagine say you can find husband there, job and given birth there. No dull yourself. This is a lifetime opportunity.
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by candygist: 5:46pm On Feb 01, 2022
backbencher:

She can travel to the US after she gets her nursing qualifications...

Canada, and UK even are looking for nurses.

She can, under probability. Now she as the opportunity to go there and even study nursing over there.
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 5:48pm On Feb 01, 2022
Tanks
SweetMan1:
Dont mind your uncle.Go to school of nursing here. Uk will come for you them self. You will become a salve girl in the USA
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 5:49pm On Feb 01, 2022
Tank you
Tizu:

Any developed country you enter into as a nurse you will survive including middle East countries. Especially now there's a downturn of events globally due to covid.
Do your nursing here first.
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 5:53pm On Feb 01, 2022
Tanks
Govocrete:
I will advise you numerically.

1. Check if truly your uncle owns a hospital. Google is name and cheek on the BBB website to be sure.

***Some years back an American lady was introduced to my friend for marriage, he was told she owns 3 hospitals we later discover it to be false.

2. Due to covid 19, most embassies unofficially suspend visa issuance. They also give denials for those with previous interviews appointment.

***I don't want to mention their names but I know of an embassy that has a 30-month backlog of visa applications. They have decided that throughout 2022 they will only issue visas for undeniable cases, they have decided to use 2022 to restructure their staff and do renovation work.

Given the above, I will advise you to pursue your nursing career and before you know it, you are done. With your nursing certificate, you have something to fall back on and if your uncle is sincere, he can then help you.

3. Signing a contract with your uncle is not advisable.

*** Your uncle may likely use a visiting visa, what if after two years he tell you babe you are on your own. By then you would have overstayed your visiting visa and been branded as an illegal migrant. Do you know the pain of being illegal when caught?

4. If you don't have a passport now, it may likely take you 2-3month to obtain one. Another 3 months to get an interview by then you have wasted a year.

Please pursue your nursing career now you have the time.

Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by candygist: 5:54pm On Feb 01, 2022
hosey:

Lol. Poverty mentality.

The uncle is very poor and doesn't have money for nanny to take care of his kids.

He will lock her up in his house and she can't go anywhere because of her visiting visa. How can she even have husband as an illegal?

Which nonsense opportunity. That is how many of you get sexually trafficked and murdered eventually.

Finish your study. Anyone that want to sincerely help you will not give you any condition.

Take that poverty capping out of this topic.

You see the way you brought in your own angle ?
Yours if different from what she said. Go back and read again.

Go to American embassy and see how people come for appointment everyday

This is a golden opportunity to leave a third world country with no plans for her youth.

She said her Uncle (BLOOD) and not a stranger is inviting her over

You know how many Jobless Nigerian graduate are seeking for American visa.
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 5:54pm On Feb 01, 2022
Tank you
hammed71:
Aunty you better stay in Nigeria and finish with your nursing school, Nursing is a hot cake, you will see how opportunities to travel legally abroad will open up for you after you finish your nursing school. Don't mind your uncle and don't let your family pressure you to go.
Goodluck
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 5:58pm On Feb 01, 2022
Tanks
chaloskyx:
hanty think well o cause you see once you dont have legit papers in the us you are forever held captive by ur uncle you cant work etc so if he decides not to send you to school you would be helpless and shame would not want you to come back to Naija also you cant leave his house cause if caught you would be deported. ask yourself why hasnt the so called uncle sent his kids to day care and hes looking for the cheaper option of bringing a house girl from Nigeria to save his costs? o yes you are a house girl o even lower than that cause he wont pay you you would also cook clean the house do groceries and clean after his kids better do your nursing school then relocate to us or Canada who recruit nurses from Nigeria through their immigration programs. your so called uncle does not have good plans for you or wish u well
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Zulez: 6:06pm On Feb 01, 2022
See too much of cowards advice,this life no just balance, u get options that's why u still dey ask before you choose, when brave ladies out there risking onto Libya
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by linearity: 6:11pm On Feb 01, 2022
Cousin9999:

America isn't Disneyworld.

And even if the uncle never harms her, you have to look at the reality that he likely won't finance her education, and will have her there illegally. She also likely won't be earning much money if any, so what is she getting out of it?

Bros,

If you truly want to be an illegal immigrant, America is the best country to be; you even have more rights and opportunities than some middle class Nigeria citizens living in Nigeria.

All you have to do, don’t do crime, live in the East Coast…you will see jobs, even some States e.g. New York State and many others now give out Driver licenses to illegal immigrants.

Police don’t stop you and check your papers, many people have been living as illegal immigrants for decades in the US and have big projects back home, sponsored loved ones to Universities, etc.

Plus, you are not completely shut out of regularizing your documents, there are many ways to do that, through employement, education, marriage, government amnesty, etc.

What some people also don’t know is, you can continue renewing your visa within the US by filing online or mailing USCIS your renewal documents and the necessary filing fees while still leaving in the US and not becoming an illegal immigrant….so you are not restricted to the six months or one year stamped on your passport by the POE immigration officers.

I have seen people who have received that dreaded ‘30 days to vacate US’ letter from USCIS and their Green Card petitions reject, only to turn around find a good lawyer and getting their Green Card approved.

Yes, I am not saying America is Disneyland, nothing is free, no one is going to give it to you on a platter of gold….but if you come to America with that same 9ja determination, perseverance and not taking a no for an answer, your chances of making it and regularizing your stay are very high….it is all about hanging with the right set of people and getting the right information….In every sense of it, America is the land of opportunities including the opportunity of an illegal immigrant today becoming a legal immigrant tomorrow with the same set of facts and circumstances.

So, don’t discard the opportunity from a distance and default automatically to the worse case that could happen…..the truth is, in America more often than none, the worse case don’t happen, Europe is a different case though.
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Zulez: 6:16pm On Feb 01, 2022
chaloskyx:
reasons before you talk,this her uncle, he may be the one that sponsors her university and he just thinks of telling her the opportunity for her to experience American life style and you people change it to another stinks,how will he employ just anyhow nanny to take care of his kids when he got relative ,
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by bazzyblings: 6:18pm On Feb 01, 2022
Blissbath:
I don't want to make any mistake

You really need advice . Send me a mail
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Aaae: 6:19pm On Feb 01, 2022
Travel
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Cousin9999: 6:20pm On Feb 01, 2022
linearity:

So, don’t discard the opportunity from a distance and default automatically to the worse case that could happen…..the truth is, in America more often than none, the worse case don’t happen, Europe is a different case though.

This woman is not fleeing war. There's no reason for her to even entertain this risk. She's headed for nursing school, and on her way to legal status and a high-paying job from the first day she enters the US.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Cousin9999: 6:23pm On Feb 01, 2022
Zulez:
See too much of cowards advice,this life no just balance, u get options that's why u still dey ask before you choose, when brave ladies out there risking onto Libya

This person said "brave." smh Terrible.

Please don't listen to this dangerous rhetoric.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by chaloskyx: 6:25pm On Feb 01, 2022
So if your own uncle should call you to come to the us to do nanny job you would go abi since apparently thats what relatives are used for as nanny, driver, cleaner if he wants to send her to school or sponsor her education he should do that no making another persons child a nanny cause hes in us? what nonsense let his kids come to Naija he has relatives who would tk care of them and make them nannies as well.
Zulez:
reasons before you talk,this her uncle, he may be the one that sponsors her university and he just thinks of telling her the opportunity for her to experience American life style and you people change it to another stinks,how will he employ just anyhow nanny to take care of his kids when he got relative ,

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Massive Sinkhole On Niger State Road (photos) / COVID-19: FG Places travel Restrictions On Another 100 Nigerians / Gridlock Holds Passengers Hostage For 72 Hours In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.