Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Air Peace Airline Is Being Sued And Here's Why: - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Air Peace Airline Is Being Sued And Here's Why: (393 Views)

Air Peace Airline Is Dangerous | Air Peace Horror Flight (An Experience) / Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record / Cows At Akure Airport Prevent Air Peace From Landing. Fayose, FFK React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Air Peace Airline Is Being Sued And Here's Why: by Kayharry(m): 9:30pm On Jan 28, 2022
Emeka Ugwuonye, Esquire, international attorney and facilitator of Movement for Peaceful Change (MPC) is suing the AIR PEACE and here's how he explained this event:
Yesterday, after a court hearing in Abuja, I was billed to fly back to Lagos. I had a 4:25pm Air Peace flight. I got to the airport by 2pm. At the check-in counter, I was told that my flight had been rescheduled for 8:10pm. I wondered why no message was sent to inform me.

In any event, I had to wait at the lounge for the 8:10pm flight. I had to cancel my meetings with my staff in Lagos. My driver was already at the airport. At 8:10pm, Air Peace did not call for boarding. By 9pm, they announced that my flight had been moved again to 10pm. At this point, I tried to go back to Abuja town, as I felt it would be too late for me to travel from Lagos airport to my home in Ikoyi. However, Air Peace could not give me my luggage because they had flown my luggage to Lagos on the earlier flight they told me was delayed. So, I was forced to stay back at the Abuja airport.

By 10pm, they announced that the flight has been moved again to 11pm. Finally, the 4:25pm flight took off by 11:43pm and we arrived Lagos by 12:33am. I spent over an hour at the airport trying to find my luggage where the airline kept it. I went through an ordeal to get home by by 3am.

When I sat back and analyzed what happened, I saw a vicious airline operator which has total disregard for Nigerians and which could toy with my life and which put me through extreme pain and suffering. I became convinced that unless I drag Air Peace through the courts, it will continue in such vicious and abusive conduct. I have therefore directed our lawyers to start the process of suing Air Peace for damages. I believe this action will be in public interest.

2 Likes

Re: Air Peace Airline Is Being Sued And Here's Why: by Vision4God: 9:37pm On Jan 28, 2022
Taking the bull by the horn.

Yes it will be in the interest of the public.
Re: Air Peace Airline Is Being Sued And Here's Why: by funshint(m): 9:38pm On Jan 28, 2022
Good one....Nigerians should learn to be professional and honest in their enterprises. They might have sold the ticket to someone else. Anything is possible in naija

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Airline Is Being Sued And Here's Why: by Kayharry(m): 10:48pm On Jan 28, 2022
funshint:
Good one....Nigerians should learn to be professional and honest in their enterprises. They might have sold the ticket to someone else. Anything is possible in naija

Very possible.
Re: Air Peace Airline Is Being Sued And Here's Why: by Lexusgs430: 11:58pm On Jan 28, 2022
Air peace simply needs to compensate passengers, for such appalling service..........

When they check their compensation paid account, they would have no choice than be prompt, like IBOM Air ...........
Re: Air Peace Airline Is Being Sued And Here's Why: by CaptainStephen(m): 6:09am On Jan 29, 2022
Not so fast uncle.

Airlines don't find it easy especially when most of their operations are determined by instructions to weather and safety.

The harmattan dust haze especially in the North now means limited activities which causes downtime and subsequent delays like the one you experience.

Problem is how they communicate it and even at that Nigerians don't just listen when you address them, I have seen it many times.
Re: Air Peace Airline Is Being Sued And Here's Why: by Kayharry(m): 6:45am On Jan 29, 2022
CUSTOMER FEEDBACK ON AIR PEACE | Air Peace ✈️

Good morning madam. Early yesterday morning by 8:00am I Mrs okoye Okwuchukwu and my son Francis kenechukwu arrived at Asaba airport by 8:00am to catch our scheduled flight of 9:15am. But fortunately, it was rescheduled to 11:30am. While waiting patiently it was rescheduled from 11:30 to 1:30. When it was rescheduled to 1:30pm, we went directly to the manager's desk, Mrs Sonia(080381*****). To inform her that we have international flight to catch with in Abuja by 2.30pm,But she lured us to Abuja with the assurance that they have everything in control. That the company will schedule us for another international flight after taking a copy of our flight tickets which they promised to send to the Egypt airline for rescheduling of another flight.

We obliged and came down here in Abuja. But lo and behold, we were maneuvered and left stranded at airport. And we even went to the air peace office in Abuja to lay our complaints. They took us to Egypt airline's office and demanded we should pay the sum of 95thousand naira each to reschedule our ticket to the next flight. But we were insufficient to provide for such services since we were assured by the manager that everything is under control. But the Air Peace's staffs, dumped us there at the airport and were less concerned to help us out. Even the manager, Mrs Sonia refused picking up our calls. After that, we went back to Air Peace's Manager in Abuja but she couldn't give us any attention but treated us like fools.

(1) (Reply)

Sweden Opens Consulate In Lagos / Can I Travel From UAE To UK With My Nigeria Visit Visa ? / How Nigerians In The Diaspora Reduce Their Lifespan By Working Over 55 Hours A W

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.