Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,326 members, 7,819,114 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Frank Lampard Offered Everton Managerial Job To Replace Rafael Benitez - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Frank Lampard Offered Everton Managerial Job To Replace Rafael Benitez (14833 Views)

Everton FC Welcome Rafa Benitez, New Boss / Arsene Wenger To Be Offered Bayern Munich Managerial Job Till End Of Season / Leonel Alvarez Sacked For Sleeping With Patty Gonzalez, Edgar Benitez Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Frank Lampard Offered Everton Managerial Job To Replace Rafael Benitez by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:47pm On Jan 28, 2022
Everton have offered their vacant managerial position to former England midfielder Frank Lampard.

Lampard, 43, has been out of work for a year after being sacked as Chelsea manager last January, leaving the Blues after 18 months in charge.

Portuguese Vitor Pereira and caretaker Duncan Ferguson also had their second interviews for the job on Friday, but the club decided to move for Lampard.

Rafael Benitez was sacked after winning just one of his last 13 games.

The former Liverpool manager lasted less than seven months and a side lacking in confidence lies 16th in the Premier League, just six points above the relegation zone.

Pereira initially looked set to be offered the job after holding "very positive" talks and said club officials were "enthusiastic of what I proposed to them".

But graffiti daubed on Everton's Goodison Park home this week opposed the move and read 'Pereira out, Lampard in'.

And on Wednesday night around 100 fans held a protest at Goodison at the way the club is being run.

Former Toffee Wayne Rooney was also in contention for the role but turned down the chance to talk with Everton as he wants to stay at Championship strugglers Derby.

What was Lampard's record at Chelsea?

During his 13 seasons as a player at Stamford Bridge, Lampard made 648 appearances and won 11 major trophies - including four Premier League titles and the 2012 Champions League.

He guided Chelsea to fourth place and the FA Cup final in his first season in charge but a run of five defeats in eight games saw him sacked by owner Roman Abramovich.

Lampard's points-per-game average of 1.67 is the lowest of any permanent Chelsea manager in the Premier League.

During the Abramovich era, only Andre Villas-Boas (47.5%) has a worse win rate than Lampard's 52.4%, in all competitions among permanent Chelsea bosses.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60174330

3 Likes

Re: Frank Lampard Offered Everton Managerial Job To Replace Rafael Benitez by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:48pm On Jan 28, 2022
We wish you all the very best Super Frank......... as long as you are not playing Chelsea FC!

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Frank Lampard Offered Everton Managerial Job To Replace Rafael Benitez by Kamelot77(m): 11:53pm On Jan 28, 2022
Super Frankie is back

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frank Lampard Offered Everton Managerial Job To Replace Rafael Benitez by Totilopussylick(m): 12:21am On Jan 29, 2022
Another inpatient coach without proper selection of footballers tongue.

Everton go collect beating this season from the hands of the rest of the teamcheesy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frank Lampard Offered Everton Managerial Job To Replace Rafael Benitez by 9jvirgin(m): 5:26am On Jan 29, 2022
He served the Nation, he also served a prestigious London club for many years. He deserves all the job opportunities that comes his way.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Frank Lampard Offered Everton Managerial Job To Replace Rafael Benitez by miniziter(m): 5:26am On Jan 29, 2022
Good luck

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Frank Lampard Offered Everton Managerial Job To Replace Rafael Benitez by Nobody: 5:27am On Jan 29, 2022
Good
Re: Frank Lampard Offered Everton Managerial Job To Replace Rafael Benitez by gfon(m): 5:28am On Jan 29, 2022
He should not accept it.Everton is a sinking ship already

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frank Lampard Offered Everton Managerial Job To Replace Rafael Benitez by Seyilome(m): 5:31am On Jan 29, 2022
This is one of the normal level clubs for Lampard capability, then you move on to high level clubs like chelse, not by jumping to high level clubs without having experience, this life is step by step, my mind tells me that Lampard will excel here, I wish him well.

43 Likes

Re: Frank Lampard Offered Everton Managerial Job To Replace Rafael Benitez by Xtianah09: 5:32am On Jan 29, 2022
Time bomb job

3 Likes

Re: Frank Lampard Offered Everton Managerial Job To Replace Rafael Benitez by cyborg44: 5:33am On Jan 29, 2022
U

1 Like

Re: Frank Lampard Offered Everton Managerial Job To Replace Rafael Benitez by Ijaycool(f): 5:34am On Jan 29, 2022
Copy copy
Copying Aston Vills

3 Likes

Re: Frank Lampard Offered Everton Managerial Job To Replace Rafael Benitez by AquaPetals(f): 5:36am On Jan 29, 2022
The problem with Everton downslide, is it the players or coach?
If your key players have lost form what do you want to do about it?
Lampard is just going there to collect salary. How much is the salary anyways?

This stuff is just a phase in the lifecycle of football clubs. Can you believe that Nottingham forest in the lower leagues once dominated European football?

16 Likes

Re: Frank Lampard Offered Everton Managerial Job To Replace Rafael Benitez by mattmogan88: 5:38am On Jan 29, 2022
I think ole is a better option

6 Likes

Re: Frank Lampard Offered Everton Managerial Job To Replace Rafael Benitez by ppogba: 5:45am On Jan 29, 2022
Good choice

They are down below already. He will take them to the promised land of championship.

Sol Campbell, a black British started his coaching career with teams in League Two and yet the career was killed at infancy.

Lampard was handed the Chelsea job with next to nothing experience.

British continue....

4 Likes

Re: Frank Lampard Offered Everton Managerial Job To Replace Rafael Benitez by AntiChristian: 5:49am On Jan 29, 2022
A Derby with Chelsea then Everton!

6 Likes

Re: Frank Lampard Offered Everton Managerial Job To Replace Rafael Benitez by DrBasit(m): 5:53am On Jan 29, 2022
Everton vs Chelsea match will be interesting to watch...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frank Lampard Offered Everton Managerial Job To Replace Rafael Benitez by gaby(m): 5:53am On Jan 29, 2022
He'd be gone before August or at the latest, by the beginning of the next season...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frank Lampard Offered Everton Managerial Job To Replace Rafael Benitez by lessonotes(f): 5:56am On Jan 29, 2022
Totilopussylick:
Another inpatient coach without proper selection of footballers tongue.

Everton go collect beating this season from the hands of the rest of the teamcheesy.

Don't be surprised, he might do well.
Re: Frank Lampard Offered Everton Managerial Job To Replace Rafael Benitez by WonderManly(m): 5:56am On Jan 29, 2022
Wow!

Re: Frank Lampard Offered Everton Managerial Job To Replace Rafael Benitez by phr0nesis(m): 5:58am On Jan 29, 2022
Lampard knows how to assemble a squad but doesn't know how to coach them

3 Likes

Re: Frank Lampard Offered Everton Managerial Job To Replace Rafael Benitez by Timekeeper: 6:12am On Jan 29, 2022
post=109774044:
We wish you all the very best Super Frank......... as long as you are not playing Chelsea FC!

We @bbq don't argue with swine cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Frank Lampard Offered Everton Managerial Job To Replace Rafael Benitez by BrickDevo: 6:15am On Jan 29, 2022
To loose your job is disheartening, i really felt sorry for him but he holds much promise given what he has done in Derby i wish him well and prays he exceeds moyes record there.

4 Likes

Re: Frank Lampard Offered Everton Managerial Job To Replace Rafael Benitez by id911(m): 6:20am On Jan 29, 2022
I wish super Frankie the best for the future as he takes over the job at Everton.
Re: Frank Lampard Offered Everton Managerial Job To Replace Rafael Benitez by FaithBrain1994(m): 6:20am On Jan 29, 2022
TT should drop Mount the day Chelsea will face Everton. I know what i am saying..

5 Likes

Re: Frank Lampard Offered Everton Managerial Job To Replace Rafael Benitez by FireUpNow(m): 6:22am On Jan 29, 2022
He knows how to assemble players. His team at Chelsea FC are s testimony despite the fact that he didn't win anything with them. Good luck Super Frankie!

4 Likes

Re: Frank Lampard Offered Everton Managerial Job To Replace Rafael Benitez by emmanuelbrown26: 6:30am On Jan 29, 2022
Frankie my man, the hunchback master. I wish u best of luck brother man
Re: Frank Lampard Offered Everton Managerial Job To Replace Rafael Benitez by Blogfarms: 6:30am On Jan 29, 2022
I pray he does better this time.
He is lucky with another big team after the other time
Re: Frank Lampard Offered Everton Managerial Job To Replace Rafael Benitez by iampeterben(m): 6:34am On Jan 29, 2022
All the best to him, another opportunity for him to prove his worth.
Re: Frank Lampard Offered Everton Managerial Job To Replace Rafael Benitez by handsomeyinka(m): 6:45am On Jan 29, 2022
From fry pan to fire..

Why can't they offer our own Chief Austin "CEREZO" Eguavoen the job.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tennis: Wimbledon 2007 / Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request / Chelsea Fan Jailed For Anti-Semitic Tweets Aimed At Spurs Supporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.