Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,908 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Who Conceived Jesus Christ, The Father Or The Holy Ghost - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Conceived Jesus Christ, The Father Or The Holy Ghost (523 Views)

How Are We Sure Mary Didn’t Lie About How She Conceived Jesus? / The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty / Pastor Adeboye Ambushed At RCCG Holy Ghost Congress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Conceived Jesus Christ, The Father Or The Holy Ghost by tctrills: 12:29pm On Jan 29, 2022
In the book of Luke, Angel Gabriel explained to Mary the process of her conception.
Luke 1.35
And the angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.
Was she conceived by the Holy Spirit or by the Father?
Re: Who Conceived Jesus Christ, The Father Or The Holy Ghost by Wilddove(m): 1:14pm On Jan 29, 2022
tctrills:
In the book of Luke, Angel Gabriel explained to Mary the process of her conception.
Luke 1.35
And the angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God. Was she conceived by the Holy Spirit or by the Father?
you 've already answered ur quest. From ur quote. Let me just add thus, it's the spirit that gives life to the word. Now This is what i mean; the father spoke the word through angel Gabriel, N:B (Jesus is the word) and for the word to be incarnated there 've to be a supernatural force from the father that gives life, and that force is the HOLY SPIRIT. The power of the most high that overshadowed her is the HOLY SPIRIT.
Re: Who Conceived Jesus Christ, The Father Or The Holy Ghost by tctrills: 2:49pm On Jan 29, 2022
Wilddove:
you 've already answered ur quest. From ur quote. Let me just add thus, it's the spirit that gives life to the word. Now This is what i mean; the father spoke the word through angel Gabriel, N:B (Jesus is the word) and for the word to be incarnated there 've to be a supernatural force from the father that gives life, and that force is the HOLY SPIRIT. The power of the most high that overshadowed her is the HOLY SPIRIT.
Your point is that the Father sent the Holy Spirit to conceive Mary? That would make Jesus Christ the son of the Holy Spirit?

1 Like

Re: Who Conceived Jesus Christ, The Father Or The Holy Ghost by Wilddove(m): 4:06pm On Jan 29, 2022
[quote author=tctrills post=109787380] Your point is that the Father sent the Holy Spirit to conceive Mary? That would make Jesus Christ the son of the Holy Spirit?[/quote Holy spirit is the power or the spirit of God. Genesis 1:2-3 ''the earth was formless and desolate. the raging ocean that covered everything was engulfed in total darkness, and the *spirit* of God was moving over the water [3] then God commanded ''let there be light'' ---and light appeared.'' God gives commands and Holy spirit makes effect on the command. Without the holy spirit the word of God will be dormant and inactive. since the creation of the world, the holy spirit is always present to make what God says happen. lets say for e.g. water,at 0 ¤C cannot be used to do some things such as, pap, eba, custard etc. but the same water at 100 ¤C, Which is the boiling point, can be used to do those things and even more. The only diff. is steam. but it still remains water. Meaning that God+holy spirit=God. .'. Jesus is the son of God
Re: Who Conceived Jesus Christ, The Father Or The Holy Ghost by Janosky: 4:43pm On Jan 29, 2022
tctrills:
Your point is that the Father sent the Holy Spirit to conceive Mary? That would make Jesus Christ the son of the Holy Spirit?
Exodus 8:19,God's finger performed a miracle in king Pharaoh's palace.
Luke 11:20 & Matthew 12:28,What is God's finger?
Answer= holy spirit.
OP, according to Jesus Christ (he is in the know,) ,@ Luke 11:20 & Matthew 12:28,is Jesus Christ the son of holy spirit?
grin cheesygrin grin
Re: Who Conceived Jesus Christ, The Father Or The Holy Ghost by tctrills: 5:41pm On Jan 29, 2022
[quote author=Wilddove post=109789343][/quote]You seem to be saying That God and the Holy Spirit are the same person. Are they the same or are they different?
Re: Who Conceived Jesus Christ, The Father Or The Holy Ghost by tctrills: 5:43pm On Jan 29, 2022
Janosky:

Exodus 8:19,God's finger performed a miracle in king Pharaoh's palace.
Luke 11:20 & Matthew 12:28,What is God's finger?
Answer= holy spirit.
OP, according to Jesus Christ (he is in the know,) ,@ Luke 11:20 & Matthew 12:28,is Jesus Christ the son of holy spirit?
grin cheesygrin grin

Oh I get you, you mean the Holy Spirit is a part of God. Like they are one and the same?
Re: Who Conceived Jesus Christ, The Father Or The Holy Ghost by Janosky: 8:06pm On Jan 29, 2022
tctrills:

Oh I get you, you mean the Holy Spirit is a part of God. Like they are one and the same?
Exodus 8:19 & Luke 24:49, Luke 11:20 & Matthew 12:28, Jesus Christ , Luke, Matthew and Pharaoh understood that "holy spirit,'the finger of God' is "power from on high"

Jesus Christ was conceived through the power from on high.

@ Matthew 3:16-17, Jesus received the power from on high" in the form of a dove.
@ Matthew 3:16-17,Did God turn into a dove to enter himself in the flesh , as Trinitarian devotees claim?

Definitely not !
Re: Who Conceived Jesus Christ, The Father Or The Holy Ghost by tctrills: 9:28pm On Jan 29, 2022
Janosky:

Exodus 8:19 & Luke 24:49, Luke 11:20 & Matthew 12:28, Jesus Christ , Luke, Matthew and Pharaoh understood that "holy spirit,'the finger of God' is "power from on high"

Jesus Christ was conceived through the power from on high.

@ Matthew 3:16-17, Jesus received the power from on high" in the form of a dove.
@ Matthew 3:16-17,Did God turn into a dove to enter himself in the flesh , as Trinitarian devotees claim?

Definitely not !
If you claim that the Holy Spirit is God's fingers then you are simply saying that he is an extension of God himself. Or would you want to explain yourself better?
Re: Who Conceived Jesus Christ, The Father Or The Holy Ghost by AntiChristian: 7:15am On Jan 30, 2022
Everything came about by the will of God.
Re: Who Conceived Jesus Christ, The Father Or The Holy Ghost by EnemyofGod22(m): 8:28am On Jan 30, 2022
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Who Conceived Jesus Christ, The Father Or The Holy Ghost by Janosky: 3:14pm On Jan 30, 2022
tctrills:

If you claim that the Holy Spirit is God's fingers then you are simply saying that he is an extension of God himself. Or would you want to explain yourself better?
This verse Exodus 8:19 & the statement of Jesus Christ@ Luke 24:49, Luke 11:20 & Matthew 12:28, were they written by Janosky?

Oga, Exodus 8:19 & Luke 24:49, Luke 11:20 & Matthew 12:28 is NOT my claim.

God's finger His Holy spirit is NOT a being,it is "power from on high" Luke 24:49, Jesus explained.

God have eyes, ears, mouth.
Is God's eyes a living being?
Is His mouth a living being?
Is His finger be a living being?
Numbers 11:16-17, Luke 24:49 & 1 Samuel 10:6,Definitely not !
Re: Who Conceived Jesus Christ, The Father Or The Holy Ghost by tctrills: 4:31pm On Jan 30, 2022
Janosky:

This verse Exodus 8:19 & the statement of Jesus Christ@ Luke 24:49, Luke 11:20 & Matthew 12:28, were they written by Janosky?

God's finger His Holy spirit is NOT a being,it is "power from on high" Luke 24:49, Jesus explained.

Let's go through all the verses you quoted. Never was the Holy Spirit called God's finger.

1. Exodus 18.9
19 Then the magicians said unto Pharaoh, This is the finger of God: and Pharaoh's heart was hardened, and he hearkened not unto them; as the Lord had said.

2. Luke 24.49
49 And behold, I am sending the promise of my Father upon you. But stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high.”

3 Luke 11:20
20 But if I drive out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

Now if The Holy Spirit is God's fingers then he is part of God's body. It seems you are preaching trinity
Re: Who Conceived Jesus Christ, The Father Or The Holy Ghost by tctrills: 4:36pm On Jan 30, 2022
Janosky:

I don't know what point you are trying to make here are you saying that the Holy Spirit is a dead spirit? Do spirits die?
How would you define a living being?

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Is The Soter! And Gave Man Soteria! / Spiritual Blindness / A New Way Of Indoctrination, And Pathway To Immorality (parent Beware)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.