Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,448 members, 7,958,339 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:42 PM

A Nice Weekend Read: How Bola Tinubu Saved Nigeria And Made Heaven - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Nice Weekend Read: How Bola Tinubu Saved Nigeria And Made Heaven (194 Views)

See How Bola Tinubu Was Received In Jos (Video) / How Bola Tinubu Used Oyetola, Others As Fronts For Alpha Beta - Sahara Reporters / Abiola Ajimobi Made Heaven - Wife, Florence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Nice Weekend Read: How Bola Tinubu Saved Nigeria And Made Heaven by lagosapple: 3:24pm On Jan 29, 2022
A nice weekend read

… A bright dazzling light shined on the face of Bola Tinubu as he walked up to the podium. He appeared so young and bubbly, with a broad smile decorating his face. There was no sign of wrinkles on his forehead or bags under his eyes. His gait was strong and his steps were swift. I was not the only one taken aback by his transformation.

“Money good ooo,” the man beside me whispered. “Look at how young the man looks.” I wanted to tell the man that two weeks of drinking Ensure would do the magic on anybody, but I held my peace.

“Our next president,” the crowd shouted.

“Four more years,” others shouted.

In the middle of the hall, Tinubu waved at them and signalled the excited crowd to take their seats. There was a new relaxed impetus in his posture. It took a few minutes before the audience settled down. Bola Tinubu cleared his throat, followed the traditional Nigerian protocol of greeting dignitaries in the audience, and then started.

“When I announced that I was running for president, it inspired those of you here to visualise a brighter future for our dear country. You all deployed immediately across Nigeria, canvassing for support and selling our impeccable vision of a new Nigeria. I appreciate how you have shaken the political table of Nigeria in this short period. You have run our potential challengers out of the arena or under their mother’s bed. I appreciate you all. You are the proof that when a great idea rises, meets great moments, it shows the people the light.”

Something in Tinubu’s unusually smooth voice, the long smirk on his check, the periodic pursed lips, didn’t sync with the words coming out of his mouth.

“Having said that, I have had ample time to consult and survey our political stage. While I can easily see that I have no equal out there; while I am sure that the presidency of Nigeria will be a cakewalk for us, I have had the time to think beyond what I want. Our beloved country has blessed me beyond my wildest dreams. At this point in my life, things that move me are beyond things that I, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, the Jagaban want. American author Zig Ziglar said it best, “Don’t give up what you want most for what you want now.”

He paused, looked around as if to see if the Zig Ziglars in the audience approved…”

https://gazettengr.com/rudolf-okonkwo-how-bola-tinubu-saved-nigeria-and-made-heaven/

(1) (Reply)

NINAS MOVEMENT "PUBLIC NOTICE" FOR US & POLITICAL PARTIES / Reps Seek To Raise Academic Qualification For Office Of President, Gov, Others / Nigeria Is The Safest Country White Man Declares As He Visits Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.