Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

6ft Monitor Lizard Climbs Shelf, Raids Store In Thailand (Pics) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 6ft Monitor Lizard Climbs Shelf, Raids Store In Thailand (Pics) (51976 Views)

Moment Monitor Lizard Crawls Out From Toilet Seat In Thailand (Pics) / Woman Climbs On Roof Of Car To Prevent LASTMA Officials From Driving It Off / Vehicle Climbs Lagos Pedestrian Bridge, One Feared Dead (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6ft Monitor Lizard Climbs Shelf, Raids Store In Thailand (Pics) by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 30, 2022
PrinceJoeWan:
Wow
Wow
Wow
Glad to see someone so close on Nairaland,
I know Nelson Wanogho, he's my friend on Facebook.

he was my course mate in 100 level, in theatre arts, changed to law on 200 level. He's now a lawyer.
Re: 6ft Monitor Lizard Climbs Shelf, Raids Store In Thailand (Pics) by NamelessOGBENI(m): 12:35pm On Jan 30, 2022
dehiero:
Bush meat dey terrorize people for Thailand
Priorities differs.

Would have been a different story now if it find it way to Jalingo.
Re: 6ft Monitor Lizard Climbs Shelf, Raids Store In Thailand (Pics) by PrinceJoeWan(m): 12:50pm On Jan 30, 2022
And i wanted to Study Theatre Ars but Delsu changed it for me to Religious Studies,
We thank God, am in Final Year Now

Vickyvice:
he was my course mate in 100 level, in theatre arts, changed to law on 200 level. He's now a lawyer.

1 Like

Re: 6ft Monitor Lizard Climbs Shelf, Raids Store In Thailand (Pics) by Benrosaria(m): 12:52pm On Jan 30, 2022
Explorers:
Shoppers got more than they bargained for when a six-foot monitor lizard raided a supermarket and clambered over shelves in search of food.

The giant reptile sparked panic after it emerged from a nearby canal and ran into the 7-Eleven store in Nakhon Pathom, Thailand.

Staff and customers hid behind the counter as the beast rampaged through the store and tossed food and drink cartons to the ground.

A shop assistant said the lizard was in the store for an hour before police and reptile handlers arrived.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9444983/Moment-6ft-long-monitor-lizard-climbs-supermarket-shelves-raids-store-food.html

Just about 10 minutes ago one escaped from me and it hurts me a lot.

Cause I was catching it for food and not for love.

We need to understand that the personalities in every human is either to protect or to grow. The personalities being love and anger
Re: 6ft Monitor Lizard Climbs Shelf, Raids Store In Thailand (Pics) by PrinceJoeWan(m): 12:55pm On Jan 30, 2022
Until today, i thought am th only Orogun person on Nairaland oh,
Wow

richhy84:
We don't kill it in my village. During the village festival you will see bigger one like 7,8feets coming out in orogun. We call it ogborigbo
Re: 6ft Monitor Lizard Climbs Shelf, Raids Store In Thailand (Pics) by PrinceJoeWan(m): 12:57pm On Jan 30, 2022
Sir,
We don't worship dogs oh

LollySeaSide:

They are not just your close friends.
They are your gods.
The Orogun people worship monitor lizards and dogs.
You probably don't know that history and you are probably not proud of the gods your people worship?
Re: 6ft Monitor Lizard Climbs Shelf, Raids Store In Thailand (Pics) by Litmus: 1:09pm On Jan 30, 2022
What tribe in Nigeria are the ones that eat lizards, snakes, dogs and all such disgusting and uglyfying creatures ? undecided (spiritually and physically uglyfying).

In my youth in Nigeria, all I remember was being unable to eat very many things including sweet potato because they are Forbidden Foods. Even during the Biafra war my parents wouldn't eat sweet potato or cocoyam in the midst of widespread starvation.

Now people come on Niaraland to post in ways that suggest Nigerians eat all kinds of disgusting crud!
Re: 6ft Monitor Lizard Climbs Shelf, Raids Store In Thailand (Pics) by anonymuz(m): 1:13pm On Jan 30, 2022
Vickyvice:
in my village, orogun, Delta state, na close friends them be with humans mehn. Even to the extent Dem go as come sleep under chair wey you sit on right inside your parlor. Them dey move freely and slowly in my place. They don't attack humans and humans don't harm them.
mavo

1 Like

Re: 6ft Monitor Lizard Climbs Shelf, Raids Store In Thailand (Pics) by Bmaster(m): 1:16pm On Jan 30, 2022
Vickyvice:
in my village, orogun, Delta state, na close friends them be with humans mehn. Even to the extent Dem go as come sleep under chair wey you sit on right inside your parlor. Them dey move freely and slowly in my place. They don't attack humans and humans don't harm them.
Na Una chi nah,no biggie!
Even 4 Anambra state here,e get some places wey u no fit kill python

2 Likes

Re: 6ft Monitor Lizard Climbs Shelf, Raids Store In Thailand (Pics) by 99thEnemy(m): 1:24pm On Jan 30, 2022
Myzubby:
thats quite gigantic
the lizard na mumu lizard e think say na naija man e see come they cimb shelf later come enter bush
they even call rescue team for am
for naija na hunters go rescue am .

grin grin grin
Re: 6ft Monitor Lizard Climbs Shelf, Raids Store In Thailand (Pics) by 99thEnemy(m): 1:26pm On Jan 30, 2022
Gadafii:
They will call animal care or what are they called to come and pick or pick it themelves to go throw into the jungle, but this lizard will still be alive until it die naturally, here in Nigeria..you know the rest

Pot of chopped meat with enough pepper and onions grin

I am glad you value onions. grin
Re: 6ft Monitor Lizard Climbs Shelf, Raids Store In Thailand (Pics) by JackWolfskin: 1:27pm On Jan 30, 2022
Vickyvice:
is not the same with this. Iguana is far smaller, with sharp spikes on its spines from head to tail

Exactly what I was pointing out. You were wrong by saying Orogun folks mingle with monitor lizards.

They do that with the Iguana.
Re: 6ft Monitor Lizard Climbs Shelf, Raids Store In Thailand (Pics) by victme1(m): 1:28pm On Jan 30, 2022
It must be someone's pet that escaped
Re: 6ft Monitor Lizard Climbs Shelf, Raids Store In Thailand (Pics) by drololaaof: 1:32pm On Jan 30, 2022
This post is not new ,it had been posted before ,I don't know why some people think we are short of sight and memory
Re: 6ft Monitor Lizard Climbs Shelf, Raids Store In Thailand (Pics) by bizzibodi(m): 1:40pm On Jan 30, 2022
Dem allow this thing to grow to this big,dem no go get teeth?or pot?
Re: 6ft Monitor Lizard Climbs Shelf, Raids Store In Thailand (Pics) by Leviticuscreed: 1:48pm On Jan 30, 2022
My naija people shocked to the marrow while reading this news undecided

Can't understand why they let that huge pepper soup wonder go embarassed

1 Like

Re: 6ft Monitor Lizard Climbs Shelf, Raids Store In Thailand (Pics) by MufasaLion: 1:53pm On Jan 30, 2022
BuddhaPalm:

More specifically, that's a Komodo dragon.

They are only found in Indonesia.

Oh, really?

Thanks for the enlightenment.
Re: 6ft Monitor Lizard Climbs Shelf, Raids Store In Thailand (Pics) by jeromeekugbere(m): 1:56pm On Jan 30, 2022
I'm related to orogun maternally, that's why I don't eat this monitor lizard, dog and I forbid python and snail paternally, I don't eat anything that crawls, I'm not sure I can ever eat them, there are lots of things that I don't find delicious, they can never pass through my throat, not because I forbid them, my eldest brother doesn't forbid anything, he eats anything that was created by God, as long as they're categorized as food, even the ones we forbid from both side of the family and nothing has happened to him, I've seen him eat very weird things, snakes, frogs, different kinds of animals but his favorite is cat, He trap dey catch that thing almost everyday, and he's alive

Vickyvice:
that's my village, orogun. I aslo went to enugu ukwu, for a visit, Its after nkpor, I saw pythons living freely among humans. One thing I understand is that in a place where it's forbidden to harm any animal, it mixes freely with humans, and sees them as close friends, and not threats

1 Like

Re: 6ft Monitor Lizard Climbs Shelf, Raids Store In Thailand (Pics) by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jan 30, 2022
anonymuz:
mavo
oyoma. Oniovome

1 Like

Re: 6ft Monitor Lizard Climbs Shelf, Raids Store In Thailand (Pics) by Sleekfingers: 2:03pm On Jan 30, 2022
Explorers:
Shoppers got more than they bargained for when a six-foot monitor lizard raided a supermarket and clambered over shelves in search of food.

The giant reptile sparked panic after it emerged from a nearby canal and ran into the 7-Eleven store in Nakhon Pathom, Thailand.

Staff and customers hid behind the counter as the beast rampaged through the store and tossed food and drink cartons to the ground.

A shop assistant said the lizard was in the store for an hour before police and reptile handlers arrived.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9444983/Moment-6ft-long-monitor-lizard-climbs-supermarket-shelves-raids-store-food.html

The lizard want to drink some milk.... grin grin

1 Like

Re: 6ft Monitor Lizard Climbs Shelf, Raids Store In Thailand (Pics) by Munzy14(m): 2:22pm On Jan 30, 2022
donbachi:
For naija,2weeks him meat neva finish.both dried and fresh inside fridge
Lol...I love my Naija....Who born monitor lizard to reach even 1foot...grin

Even the new babies na meat...

This one na whole community go give am hot chase...
Re: 6ft Monitor Lizard Climbs Shelf, Raids Store In Thailand (Pics) by Malawian(m): 2:56pm On Jan 30, 2022
Does that Monitor Lizzard know that the only reason it is not inside a pot right now is because of location?

1 Like

Re: 6ft Monitor Lizard Climbs Shelf, Raids Store In Thailand (Pics) by Kirkman: 3:06pm On Jan 30, 2022
Vickyvice:
Are you for real man? undecided but in the write up; someone quoted "Customer Narumpa Tangsin, who filmed the creature, said: 'They're dangerous animals, especially when they're angry" have you experienced this before and do you care to explain?

1 Like

Re: 6ft Monitor Lizard Climbs Shelf, Raids Store In Thailand (Pics) by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 30, 2022
Kirkman:

Are you for real man? undecided but in the write up; someone quoted "Customer Narumpa Tangsin, who filmed the creature, said: 'They're dangerous animals, especially when they're angry" have you experienced this before and do you care to explain?
I was referring to my village. They don't attack humans since it forbidden to harm them. If you brandish yam in their presence they will come and take it from your hand

3 Likes

Re: 6ft Monitor Lizard Climbs Shelf, Raids Store In Thailand (Pics) by Kirkman: 3:12pm On Jan 30, 2022
Vickyvice:
I was referring to my village. They don't attack humans since it forbidden to harm them. If you brandish yam in their presence they will come and take it from your hand
Hmm! What else do they feed on?
Re: 6ft Monitor Lizard Climbs Shelf, Raids Store In Thailand (Pics) by LollySeaSide: 3:27pm On Jan 30, 2022
PrinceJoeWan:
Sir,
We don't worship dogs oh

That's why I said you probably don't know that part of your history.

A little of it here
https://urhobotoday.com/why-urhobo-community-of-orogun-worships-iguana-and-dog/#:~:text=They%20must%2C%20as%20a%20matter,are%20reverenced%20as%20sacred%20animals.
Re: 6ft Monitor Lizard Climbs Shelf, Raids Store In Thailand (Pics) by Jacksparrow7(m): 4:07pm On Jan 30, 2022
Outside hot, but y this A.C. ? In any case feel at home
Re: 6ft Monitor Lizard Climbs Shelf, Raids Store In Thailand (Pics) by doncurrent(m): 4:07pm On Jan 30, 2022
ugwumichael:
Something when suppose don da inside pot go da terrorize people grin grin grin
Explorer on the beat, ride on comrade
venom
Re: 6ft Monitor Lizard Climbs Shelf, Raids Store In Thailand (Pics) by Das1mama: 4:08pm On Jan 30, 2022
TheSTreetman:
We don't have larger reptiles here in Nigeria because they don't allow it to grow pass 1ft.
Catch dem young.... Lol
Re: 6ft Monitor Lizard Climbs Shelf, Raids Store In Thailand (Pics) by PrinceJoeWan(m): 4:09pm On Jan 30, 2022
Oga, i didn't grow up there but as an adult i spent more than a year there, so don't tell me about wht i know!

LollySeaSide:

That's why I said you probably don't know that part of your history.

A little of it here
https://urhobotoday.com/why-urhobo-community-of-orogun-worships-iguana-and-dog/#:~:text=They%20must%2C%20as%20a%20matter,are%20reverenced%20as%20sacred%20animals.
Re: 6ft Monitor Lizard Climbs Shelf, Raids Store In Thailand (Pics) by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 30, 2022
Kirkman:

Hmm! What else do they feed on?
eggs, rodents and small reptiles

1 Like

Re: 6ft Monitor Lizard Climbs Shelf, Raids Store In Thailand (Pics) by Kirkman: 4:29pm On Jan 30, 2022
Vickyvice:
eggs, rodents and small reptiles
So they aren't in any way dangerous to humans with their tongues like that of a snake?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? / Who Knows These Victims Involved In Accident In Kogi? (Disturbing Photos) / Can I Travel To Australia With N4.5 Million?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.