Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,344 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

UPDATED: EFCC Probes N1.3bn Fraud, Detains Ex-VON DG, Okechukwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UPDATED: EFCC Probes N1.3bn Fraud, Detains Ex-VON DG, Okechukwu (199 Views)

How Cabal Caged Osinbajo, Fowler Via EFCC Probes; To Bury Tinubu’s 2023 Ambition / Hope Uzodinma’s Travel Ban, N4.3bn Fraud Case: FG Keeps Mum / Return N1.3bn, EFCC Tells Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

UPDATED: EFCC Probes N1.3bn Fraud, Detains Ex-VON DG, Okechukwu by ogododo: 10:39pm On Jan 29, 2022
THE Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on Saturday detained the Director-General of Voice of Nigeria, Osita Okechukwu, over a case of alleged conspiracy, abuse of office and misappropriation of public funds to the tune of N1.3billion.

He was said to have arrived at the headquarters of the anti-graft agency in Abuja at about 1.30pm to honour an invitation but was detained and interrogated.

“Osita Okechukwu, an All Progressives Congress chieftain, was consequently detained and interrogated about his alleged involvement in the fraud. He is still in custody as we speak,” a source stated.

The EFCC spokesperson, Wilson Uwujaren, confirmed the invitation of the VON chief executive but declined to provide further details.

https://punchng.com/updated-efcc-probes-n1-3bn-fraud-detains-ex-von-dg-okechukwu/
Re: UPDATED: EFCC Probes N1.3bn Fraud, Detains Ex-VON DG, Okechukwu by Totilopussylick(m): 10:40pm On Jan 29, 2022
Buhari is working tongue
Re: UPDATED: EFCC Probes N1.3bn Fraud, Detains Ex-VON DG, Okechukwu by FreeStuffsNG: 10:50pm On Jan 29, 2022
Hmmm. This is one man I hold in high esteem because, unlike most of SE politicians, he is very consistent politically. I have read his interview few times and I consider him to be eloquent and brilliant. I keep wondering why he is not made a minister or minister of state inspite of his support for APC and PMB right from his CPC days. Sometimes, I liken him to Chief Kokori of the radical and powerful NUPENG of those days who wasn't compensated with elective or political appointment at all despite his sacrificial and patriotic struggle for the restoration of democracy.
I really hope he has not soiled his reputation.

Re: UPDATED: EFCC Probes N1.3bn Fraud, Detains Ex-VON DG, Okechukwu by ogododo: 10:50pm On Jan 29, 2022
No be dis man de open him mouth anyhow abuse anyone wey talk about useless APC, he don offend dem.

1 Like

Re: UPDATED: EFCC Probes N1.3bn Fraud, Detains Ex-VON DG, Okechukwu by headSmasher: 10:51pm On Jan 29, 2022
Ok
Re: UPDATED: EFCC Probes N1.3bn Fraud, Detains Ex-VON DG, Okechukwu by seunmsg(m): 10:59pm On Jan 29, 2022
THE Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on Saturday detained the Director-General of Voice of Nigeria, Osita Okechukwu, over a case of alleged conspiracy, abuse of office and misappropriation of public funds to the tune of N1.3billion.

The report is confusing. The title say ex-DG and the actual story says DG. Is he still the DG of VON or is he an ex-DG? Punch is one of the oldest newspapers in Nigeria, it’s a shame they can’t get some very basic things right in their report.
Re: UPDATED: EFCC Probes N1.3bn Fraud, Detains Ex-VON DG, Okechukwu by ogododo: 11:03pm On Jan 29, 2022
seunmsg:
The report is confusing. Is he still the DG of VON or is he’s an ex-DG.

Auditor baba.
Re: UPDATED: EFCC Probes N1.3bn Fraud, Detains Ex-VON DG, Okechukwu by Mynd44: 11:53pm On Jan 29, 2022

(1)

Nigerian State Igrs In 2020- NBS / Laos: World Will Be A Better Place Without US Terrorism & Genocidal Massacres / APC Chair: Akume Has No Running Battle With Any Anti-corruption Agency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.