Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,744 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Return N1.3bn, EFCC Tells Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Return N1.3bn, EFCC Tells Fayose (25336 Views)

APC Tells Fayose He Isn't Qualified To Join The Party / Fayemi Tells Fayose What To Do With June Allocation / Lies Won’t Save You From Defeat – Fayemi Tells Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Return N1.3bn, EFCC Tells Fayose by memez: 3:24am On Oct 17, 2018
The immediate past Governor of Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose, finally honoured an invitation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on Tuesday after losing his immunity from prosecution and arrest.

After leading Fayose to the interrogation room, it was learnt that he was asked to write a statement explaining how he spent N1.3bn he allegedly received from the Office of the National Security Adviser through a former Minister of State for Defence, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro, during the build-up to the 2014 governorship election in Ekiti State.

The commission also asked him to return the money.

A source at the EFCC, however, told our correspondent that the former governor refused to admit to collecting the money.

He said, “We have treated Fayose with respect since he arrived in our office. We asked him about the money he received from Obanikoro and when he would return it but he is denying everything.

“He said in his statement on oath that he never received any money despite the overwhelming evidence. The man is refusing to cooperate despite the overwhelming evidence we have.”

It was learnt that as of 7 pm on Tuesday, the former governor was still writing his statement.

The funds allegedly traced to Fayose were said to be part of the N4.7bn allegedly handed to Obanikoro by the then National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd.)

While about N1.3bn was given to Fayose, another N1.3bn was also handed over to the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in Osun State in 2014, Senator Iyiola Omisore.

The funds were said to have been transported from Lagos to Ekiti State by air.

Since the investigation began in 2015, the EFCC has interrogated over 20 persons.

Apart from Obanikoro and Omisore, others interrogated by the EFCC include Captain Ahmed Borodo, the pilot whose plane was allegedly chartered by Obanikoro; Aide-de-Camp to Obanikoro, Lt. Olumide Adewale; and Fayose’s aide, Abiodun Agbele (who is standing trial for allegedly receiving the funds on behalf of Fayose).

Others interrogated include bureau de change operators and senior bank executives.

“Despite the statements made by all these people indicating that Fayose received money, the man is still denying the allegations,” an EFCC detective said.

However, Fayose’s lawyer, Chief Mike Ozekhome (SAN), said Fayose would not compromise himself in the name of administrative bail.

Ozekhome said Fayose’s accounts had already been frozen by the commission and was already in court over the matter.

On whether Fayose would return the money as demanded by the EFCC, Ozekhome said, “Which money are they saying he should return? Has he said any money is with him? They won’t dare tell him to return the money.

“Fayose is not like other Nigerians that the EFCC will bamboozle and force and blackmail to make refunds. Why tell a man to refund the money he has not admitted to receiving when the matter is in court?

“If they offer him an administrative bail with no strings attached, which is not a Greek gift, then he should take it.”

Earlier in the day, before entering the EFCC premises, Fayose and scores of his supporters had created a scene at the entrance of the commission.

Fayose, who wore a blue shirt with the inscription, ‘EFCC, I am here’, and a blue pair of trousers with a blue face-cap to match, arrived at the Tunde Idiagbon House, Wuse 2, which is the former headquarters of the EFCC, around 1 pm.

The former governor, who clutched a backpack and a small duffel bag, was accompanied by Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State; a former Minister of Aviation, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode; his lawyer, Chief Mike Ozekhome (SAN), and several of his aides and supporters.

Addressing reporters before making his way into the EFCC, Fayose said, “I am here in line with my promise that I will be here on the October 16.

“And, as I said to the EFCC, they should await my arrival. This morning, they have been to my house; they cordoned off my street, which I feel was unnecessary. It was unwarranted.

“When a man says he is coming, Nigerians should be given benefit of the doubt.

“I had led Ekiti, and the best I could give, I have given. Therefore, every question, whatever they need to ask today, I will be able to respond appropriately.”

Also speaking, Governor Wike said he accompanied Fayose in order to warn the EFCC to respect his rights.

Wike added, “He wrote a letter to the EFCC that he will submit himself on October 16. He is hale and hearty and I believe that EFCC should know he is well. Our fear from the present report that we have is that he may be harmed.

“But, let Nigerians know that he came by himself to the EFCC without anybody harassing him. So, that is why I brought him here today.”

In his remarks, Fani-Kayode said the EFCC should remember that their actions were being monitored by the international community and they should not abuse Fayose’s rights.

Ozekhome asked the EFCC not to keep Fayose for more than 24 hours as failure to release him would be an abuse of his rights.

News via Gistmore :: https://gistmore.com/return-n1-3bn-efcc-tells-fayose

Re: Return N1.3bn, EFCC Tells Fayose by memez: 3:24am On Oct 17, 2018
This man is a jagaban

Read more gist >>> https://gistmore.com/return-n1-3bn-efcc-tells-fayose

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Return N1.3bn, EFCC Tells Fayose by Nobody: 3:45am On Oct 17, 2018
When will APC explain how they got money they used to fund 2015 presidential election ? And when will Oshiemole explain how he got the money he used in building his mansion?

108 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Return N1.3bn, EFCC Tells Fayose by lytech1(m): 4:02am On Oct 17, 2018
When will buhari tell us the amount he spent on his health?

when will he tell us where he got the money to fund his campaign in 2015. So far he borrowed money to gt his nomination fund.

he should lead by example if truly he want to fight corruption.

95 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Return N1.3bn, EFCC Tells Fayose by lytech1(m): 4:06am On Oct 17, 2018
We all know THIS LIFELESS Corruption fight is to weaken the opposition party.
your days are numbered.
we will patiently OBIdiently ATIKULATE you come 2019 by GOD grace

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Return N1.3bn, EFCC Tells Fayose by Benito8998(m): 4:15am On Oct 17, 2018
Nawa for this government

5 Likes

Re: Return N1.3bn, EFCC Tells Fayose by blackpanda: 4:22am On Oct 17, 2018
Please lock the fool up and throw away the keys. Pathetic jester. He's still under the illusion that PDP will rescue him. Thief!

56 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Return N1.3bn, EFCC Tells Fayose by tamonokare: 4:22am On Oct 17, 2018
The money don finish.
Re: Return N1.3bn, EFCC Tells Fayose by omoiyalayi(m): 4:26am On Oct 17, 2018
I hope all the people that accompany him to efcc office are still waiting for him outside

He wants to play fani kayode's kind of card by refusing to return the money or even admit that he collected any money from dasuki

Claiming the case is in court

Ozokome knows how to defend this looters wella he knows all the loop holes in our law & he's using it to frustrate efcc

Waiting for how all this will pan out

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Return N1.3bn, EFCC Tells Fayose by lytech1(m): 4:29am On Oct 17, 2018
blackpanda:

Grow a brain pls. This has nothing to do with buhari OK. If u steal u must be punished.
agreed!!!
but he must be fair in his dealing.
if the likes of oshiomole,amechi,tinubu and co can still work freely without been questioned,the fight against corruption is LIFELESS

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Return N1.3bn, EFCC Tells Fayose by blackpanda: 4:34am On Oct 17, 2018
lytech1:

agreed!!!
but he must be fair in his dealing.
if the likes of oshiomole,amechi,tinubu and co can still work freely without been questioned,the fight against corruption is LIFELESS

Like I said, those people u mentioned are not on trial. If a thief is caught, he cannot be pointing fingers to others who have no case to answer. Fayose should face his case. Wen he was chopping 1.3billion he neither remembered u nor amaechi

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Return N1.3bn, EFCC Tells Fayose by kodded(m): 4:53am On Oct 17, 2018
blackpanda:

Like I said, those people u mentioned are not on trial. If a thief is caught, he cannot be pointing fingers to others who have no case to answer. Fayose should face his case. Wen he was chopping 1.3billion he neither remembered u nor amaechi

what about kano state governor that was caught red handed ?

...and please don't tell me about any fvcking impunity because they (effc) already blocked fayose accounts even when he was still a givenor

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Return N1.3bn, EFCC Tells Fayose by blackpanda: 4:55am On Oct 17, 2018
kodded:

what about kano state governor that was caught red handed ?

...and please don't tell me about any fvcking impunity because they (effc) already blocked fayose accounts even when he was still a givenor

Are u that dense
Read my comment well, then digest it before u respond

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Return N1.3bn, EFCC Tells Fayose by lytech1(m): 4:56am On Oct 17, 2018
blackpanda:

dont be BAIS With ur decision.

lets call a spade a spade.
The lifeless is only fighting opposition nt corruption.

kano governor is a case study

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Return N1.3bn, EFCC Tells Fayose by kodded(m): 4:58am On Oct 17, 2018
blackpanda:

Are u that dense Read my comment well, then digest it before u respond

I will reply when you learn how to properly reply a stranger

have a nice day, bye smiley

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Return N1.3bn, EFCC Tells Fayose by otabuko(m): 4:58am On Oct 17, 2018
Jesu. 1.3?
APC can lie sha.

3 Likes

Re: Return N1.3bn, EFCC Tells Fayose by Nwaohafia1: 4:59am On Oct 17, 2018
Just imagine? My happiness is the incoming PDP government (Atiku and Obi) will use the same measure to treat APC members when they leave in 2019.

APC members should not shout when their time comes

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Return N1.3bn, EFCC Tells Fayose by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:59am On Oct 17, 2018
Whoever did this evil thing to the brain of some youths in this country did a very bad thing, the goverment is investigating a politician for billions of money missing and they are shouting 'is he the only one, what about this and that person?!
This is a calamity, if PDP prosecuted and jailed some politicians in time past, half of the problems of this great nation would have been solved, but rather, nothing like that, it was just some few years ago that ICPC invited TINUBU when Jona was the president, but Jagaban was discharged and acquitted and he was found guilty of nothing!!!
Can you see that?!
With these kind of youths, the future looks bleak, thank God we still see some sane ones here too, that gives us HOPE for the future

IF APC is not the answer to our Problems, there is no reason going back to the instigators of the problem. 
PDP?! NEVER AGAIN!
The greatest tragedy that can befall a nation is for her citizens to suffer collective amnesia. I believe PDP believes Nigerians have short memories, if not, someone like Atiku won't be bold to come out once again.
For those who may have forgotten, kindly joggle your memories with the following words on marble and you will agree with me that what happened recently was nothing but gathering of rogues and corrupt souls.
Happy reading:

1. I acted based on Jonathan's instruction - Dasuki

2. I didn't give order - Jonathan

3. I collected 350M from Dasuki for consultation - Iyorchia Ayu

4. I only collected $30,000 from Dasuki not N100m - Bode George

5. I got N4.6b from Dasuki for spiritual purposes - Bafarawa

6. I got N650M from Dasuki for my Abuja burnt office - Thisday Obaigbena.

7. I got N2.1b from Dasuki for publicity - Dokpesi

8. I got another N100m from Yuguda he didn't tell me from where - Bafarawa.

9. I gave N100m each to Odili, Jim Nwobodo Bode George and others - Yuguda

10. The president asked me to change N10B to foreign currency for PDP delegates - Dasuki

11. My boss asked me to get $11M from the CBN - Dasuki's account officer.

12. I got order from above to pay Tompolo N13B for Maritime university land. - Nimasa DG.

13. 950m was shared in my house -- Shekarau

With all these looting and many more revealed, some people are still shouting no sign of change yet, they even say it's political persecution.

There must be consequences for such crimes otherwise Nigeria will not develop.

WHERE ARE THE #WAILERS? 
"Over 20 billion dollars unremitted to the Federation account, and if nothing is done by 2015 upward, Nigeria will know what economic crisis is"
*~ Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi*

"Whoever wins 2015 will NEVER find it easy to govern. Over 30 trillion is mismanaged, unaccounted for or missing under Jonathan."
*~ Prof Charles Soludo*

"Our reserve is depleted and our savings are squandered. Our nation is in trouble."
*~ Dr Oby Ezekwesili.*

"For seven months, NNPC did not remit any money into federation account. When I called as a sitting governor and major oil producing state, Deziani Alison Madueke refused to pick my calls."
*~ Godswill Akpabio*

"I told them to save ahead of eventualities but Jonathan had no political will to do so and this is the reason why we are in crisis, because we squandered our boom."
*~ Okonjo Iweala*

"Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi urged us to save but we state Governors refused to save for the unseen future during the tenure of Goodluck Jonathan, despite warning from economic experts."
*~ Peter Obi*

"Jonathan is a blessed ATM machine that doesn't have secret pin number"
*~ Bala Mohammed*

* Tompolo was paid 13Billion.!
* Ex-CDS,Alex Badeh dug a pit toilet to hide $32m.
* Patience Jonathan is claiming $31m, she has sued the Nigerian state.
* Femi Fani-Kayode took 740M.
* Dasuki used trucks to load over $35B from the CBN.
* Olisa Metuh took 400M.
* Aziboala, GEJ's cousin took 6B naira.
* Nenadi Usman took 3.5B naira.
* Fayose took 3B naira.
* Obanikoro took 4Billion naira.
* Olu Falae took 100M naira.
* Tony Anenih - 400M naira.
* Oritsejafor - $35M 
* Former Air Chief Amosu - 2Billion naira.
* Lucky Igbinedion-16B naira.
*Bode-George and Dabo -100B naira
* Jolly Nyame-2.4B naira.
* Joshua Dariye-700M naira.
*Nyesom Wike stole #4b.
* Diezzani with $20 billion missing oil money? 

15 billon dollars missing from arms fund, 10 billion naria, converted to dollars and given as gift to delegates of PDP Nation convention, Bafarawa collected 3 billion for spiritual purposes , 12. 7 billon naria for deceased NEPA staff grew wings and disappeared, 20 billion dollars missing from NNPC accounts, 23 billon naira as bribe to INEC staffs to rig the general election. The list is endless. They only left what they can't carry or unable to lay their hands on. The list continues.....
Recession didn't just happen, people looted Nigeria into RECESSION happening.
Thank God we are going out of it gradually for now and we know better days are ahead.
Everyone must pay for their evil deed in this nation, no matter the party they belong to.

GOD BLESS OUR PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI

50 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Return N1.3bn, EFCC Tells Fayose by Sweetcollins: 5:00am On Oct 17, 2018
A good start

1 Like

Re: Return N1.3bn, EFCC Tells Fayose by Nobody: 5:01am On Oct 17, 2018
So, what about the Obanikoro himself or has he repented and been washed with hyssop since after joining APC? undecided

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Return N1.3bn, EFCC Tells Fayose by ivandragon: 5:01am On Oct 17, 2018
this is how things should be done.

an appropriate government security agency invites, you answer that call, witch hunt or not. answer it & prove your innocence in court.

when the matter becomes too vindictive, Nigerians will know & stand for you.

that said, Fayemi's matter has been with EFCC since 2015 & they did not bother to even invite him? this is where this administration misses it in the fight against corruption... you can't use double standards so blatantly.

if tomorrow PDP wins & does same, what moral justification will the opposition have to question them?

14 Likes

Re: Return N1.3bn, EFCC Tells Fayose by kolajoo(m): 5:02am On Oct 17, 2018
Nairalander una no dey sleep 24/7 grin

Ikorodu chapter
Re: Return N1.3bn, EFCC Tells Fayose by skedman(m): 5:02am On Oct 17, 2018
kaorama:
When will APC explain how they got money they uaed to dund 2015 presidential election ? And when will Oshemole explain how he got the money he used in building his mansion?
are you supporting fayose ? Then you must be a big.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Return N1.3bn, EFCC Tells Fayose by musicnmagic(m): 5:03am On Oct 17, 2018
buhari = dictator

7 Likes

Re: Return N1.3bn, EFCC Tells Fayose by PROPHETmichael: 5:03am On Oct 17, 2018
Expect this News Headline on the 25th March, 2019

1. Buhari rejects presidential election result. Heads to court. (The Punch).

2. APC rejects election results from Kano, Kastina, Lagos, sokoto , ogun , Delta,Rivers and Akwa Ibom. Calls for *cancellation of results* (Vanguard).

3. Obasanjo use INEC to Rigged the election - Oshiomole (Thisday)

5. Nigeria democracy is in danger, we will not accept this result - Tinubu (Nigerian Tribune).

6. This election was scientifically rigged using Electronic transmission of result- Lai Mohammed (Sun Newspaper).

7. APC supporters are on the street of Lagos protesting presidential election result. (The Guardian).

13 Likes

Re: Return N1.3bn, EFCC Tells Fayose by Nobody: 5:03am On Oct 17, 2018
Jail the bastard angry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Return N1.3bn, EFCC Tells Fayose by TAO11(f): 5:04am On Oct 17, 2018

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Return N1.3bn, EFCC Tells Fayose by musicnmagic(m): 5:09am On Oct 17, 2018
blackpanda:

Grow a brain pls. This has nothing to do with buhari OK. If u steal u must be punished.
it has alot to do with bubu oo
what about the PTF fund he stole?
isnt he also a theif?
Cultivate a brain plz.
Zombie !!

7 Likes

Re: Return N1.3bn, EFCC Tells Fayose by musicnmagic(m): 5:11am On Oct 17, 2018
TAO11:

U be mumu ... if u nor know weytin to talk, nor be to dey look?
Sharap let apc too also explain na
foolish fish

6 Likes

Re: Return N1.3bn, EFCC Tells Fayose by BruncleZuma: 5:11am On Oct 17, 2018
post=72155542:
IF APC is not the answer to our Problems, there is no reason going back to the instigators of the problem. 
I'm not a politician but I would do everything not to have PDP in Government in Nigeria. 
The greatest tragedy that can befall a nation is for her citizens to suffer collective amnesia. I believe PDP believes Nigerians have short memories, if not, someone like Atiku won't be bold to come out once again.
For those who may have forgotten, kindly joggle your memories with the following words on marble and you will agree with me that what happened recently on was nothing but gathering of rogues.
Happy reading:

1. I acted based on Jonathan's instruction - Dasuki

2. I didn't give order - Jonathan

3. I collected 350M from Dasuki for consultation - Iyorchia Ayu

4. I only collected $30,000 from Dasuki not N100m - Bode George

5. I got N4.6b from Dasuki for spiritual purposes - Bafarawa

6. I got N650M from Dasuki for my Abuja burnt office - Thisday Obaigbena.

7. I got N2.1b from Dasuki for publicity - Dokpesi

8. I got another N100m from Yuguda he didn't tell me from where - Bafarawa.

9. I gave N100m each to Odili, Jim Nwobodo Bode George and others - Yuguda

10. The president asked me to change N10B to foreign currency for PDP delegates - Dasuki

11. My boss asked me to get $11M from the CBN - Dasuki's account officer.

12. I got order from above to pay Tompolo N13B for Maritime university land. - Nimasa DG.

13. 950m was shared in my house -- Shekarau

With all this looting and many more revealed, some people are still shouting no sign of change yet, they even say it's political persecution.

But I believe, it is the right thing to do. 
If you believe too, send this to other people to garner more support for the fight against corruption and looting in our nation. There must be consequences for such crimes otherwise Nigeria will not develop.

WHERE ARE THE #WAILERS? 
"Over 20 billion dollars unremitted to the Federation account, and if nothing is done by 2015 upward, Nigeria will know what economic crisis is"
*~ Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi*

"Whoever wins 2015 will NEVER find it easy to govern. Over 30 trillion is mismanaged, unaccounted for or missing under Jonathan."
*~ Prof Charles Soludo*

"Our reserve is depleted and our savings are squandered. Our nation is in trouble."
*~ Dr Oby Ezekwesili.*

"For seven months, NNPC did not remit any money into federation account. When I called as a sitting governor and major oil producing state, Deziani Alison Madueke refused to pick my calls."
*~ Godswill Akpabio*

"I told them to save ahead of eventualities but Jonathan had no political will to do so and this is the reason why we are in crisis, because we squandered our boom."
*~ Okonjo Iweala*

"Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi urged us to save but we state Governors refused to save for the unseen future during the tenure of Goodluck Jonathan, despite warning from economic experts."
*~ Peter Obi*

"Jonathan is a blessed ATM machine that doesn't have secret pin number"
*~ Bala Mohammed*

* Tompolo was paid 13Billion.!
* Ex-CDS,Alex Badeh dug a pit toilet to hide $32m.
* Patience Jonathan is claiming $31m, she has sued the Nigerian state.
* Femi Fani-Kayode took 740M.
* Dasuki used trucks to load over $35B from the CBN.
* Olisa Metuh took 400M.
* Aziboala, GEJ's cousin took 6B naira.
* Nenadi Usman took 3.5B naira.
* Fayose took 3B naira.
* Obanikoro took 4Billion naira.
* Olu Falae took 100M naira.
* Tony Anenih - 400M naira.
* Oritsejafor - $35M 
* Former Air Chief Amosu - 2Billion naira.
* Lucky Igbinedion-16B naira.
*Bode-George and Dabo -100B naira
* Jolly Nyame-2.4B naira.
* Joshua Dariye-700M naira.
*Nyesom Wike stole #4b.
* Diezzani with $20 billion missing oil money? 

15 billon dollars missing from arms fund, 10 billion naria, converted to dollars and given as gift to delegates of PDP Nation convention, Bafarawa collected 3 billion for spiritual purposes , 12. 7 billon naria for deceased NEPA staff grew wings and disappeared, 20 billion dollars missing from NNPC accounts, 23 billon naira as bribe to INEC staffs to rig the general election. The list is endless. They only left what they can't carry or unable to lay their hands on. The list continues.....
Recession didn't just happen, people looted Nigeria into RECESSION happening.
Thank God we are going out of it gradually for now and we know better days are ahead.
GOD BLESS OUR PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI

You forgot Buhari getting "only what he was entitled to" abeg go brush your teeth e too early for una selective half-truths.

10 Likes

Re: Return N1.3bn, EFCC Tells Fayose by Ikpongiton: 5:12am On Oct 17, 2018
has Buhari returned the car and the cash he also received?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 86th Birthday Today / Cui Jianchin Mulls Establishment Of Chinese Banks In Nigeria / Nairalander Pays Homage To Emir Sanusi Of Kano (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.