Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,372 members, 7,868,096 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 10:44 AM

Forces: Miraculous Power. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Forces: Miraculous Power. (143 Views)

Miraculous Power Of Prayer To The Holy Spirit / VIDEO: Story Of The Newborn Baby Born With Miraculous Power Of Healing In Akure / Pastor Forces Woman To Use Her Suv To Sow Seed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Forces: Miraculous Power. by AbundantLife05: 6:25am On Jan 30, 2022
ABUNDANT LIFE VISION
FORCES (MIRACULOUS POWER) Luke 9:1
One day Jesus called together his twelve disciples and gave them power and authority to cast out all demons and to heal all diseases. NLT.

Friends, good morning and happy Sunday. May the Lord shower on us his power to do exploits for him in Jesus name. This morning, we have an interesting topic. We will deal with “Forces: Miraculous Power.”
Let’s start with definition of terms. What is forces? How can we define Miraculous Power? The first thing we need to understand is that both terms mean the same thing and they can be best defined as “Dunamis”. Dunamis means Power. It is an abundant and indescribable spiritual force that creates miracles. When the power of God that we are talking about manifests, it comes with an indescribable action which coerce or compulsorily bring something into existence. It’s a creative force that can create anything even beyond what has been imagined or spoken. Eph 3:20; “Never doubt God’s mighty power to work in you and accomplish all this. He will achieve infinitely more than your greatest request, your most unbelievable dream, and exceed your wildest imagination! He will outdo them all, for his miraculous power constantly energizes you.” TPT.

The power we are describing here can do whatever we think about, no matter how hard it is, it can achieve it and do more than that. This is the same power that created the world in Gen 1. God simply said; “let there be light and there was light.” All he did while creating the world was to say it, no matter how hard it sounded, it came to pass. The same thing happened in John 2, for Jesus to perform the miracle of turning water to wine, all he had to do was to tell the servants to fill the jars up and the water without raw materials and processing became wine and he knew when it became wine. This shows you how powerful God’s power is.

The beauty of all these is that this power is available to us, his children. Right from the days of the old testament, God has been giving power to people like; Moses, Elijah, Elisha, Ezekiel, Samuel, Samson others. Also, in our main text, Jesus gave his disciples power over demons and sicknesses and he is still doing it with the help of the Holy Spirit to everyone who believes In him. Luke 24:49; “And now I will send the Holy Spirit, just as my Father promised. But stay here in the city until the Holy Spirit comes and fills you with power from heaven.” NLT.

The next thing is; what does this power do in us?
It makes us transmit the supernatural power of God to do the following;

1. God’s miraculous power can heal.
God’s powerful force can heal all forms of sicknesses and diseases. He knows the origin of all sicknesses and diseases and he knows the human body than any scientist or doctor. (This is not an attempt to undermine medical doctors and scientists who are amazing people but they are limited in some areas because they are humans. However, God is not limited in any area, he can do all things with his indescribable power.) Let’s look at some of the healing exploit of God’s miraculous power.

I. The healing power of God healed a man with paralysis in Luke 5:17-25 with a simple command of “...stand up, pick up your mat, and go home!” NLT.
II. The healing power of God healed a man with a deformed right hand on Sabbath day in Luke 6:6-10. Jesus healing on the Sabbath shows that God’s power does not have a day off.
III. The healing power of God healed the slave of a Roman officer who was sick to the point of death in Luke 7:1-10.
IV. In Mark 7:31-35, Jesus healed a deaf man.
V. Jesus healed a blind man in Mark 8:23-25 by spitting on the man’s eyes and laying of hands.
VI. Luke 13:10-13, here Jesus healed a crippled woman who was held captive by an evil spirit by simply saying; “you are healed of your sickness” and by touching her.
VII. Jesus healed ten lepers and one permanently whole in Luke 17: 11-19

We can see that God can heal all forms of sicknesses, we can go on and on about healing in the bible. Therefore, there is an implication to this, we are not preaching theory, he is still healing and he can heal all forms of infirmity.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus, heal me of every sickness in my body. You can mention the infirmities as you pray.

2. God’s miraculous power can cast out demons.
The bible narrated the story of Jesus encounter with the mad man at Gerasenes who had a Legion of demons in his body in Luke 8:26-33. The moment Jesus commanded the spirits to leave the body, they began to beg Jesus not to disturb them and went further to plead with Jesus about where he should direct them.

PRAYER: Lord, send away every evil spirit dwelling in my body.

3. God’s miraculous power can raise the dead.
Jesus met a widow of Nain when all hope was lost after she lost her only Son and he brought him back to life. Luke 7:11-15.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus, bring back to life every dead thing in my life.

4. God’s miraculous power performs signs and wonders.
Wonders mean marvelous, great, excellent, delightful and extremely good. When God’s power moves this way, the result are always delightful and beyond ordinary. Signs and wonders are the things we have discussed above. They are the combination of healing, casting out of demons, raising the dead and others.

5. God’s miraculous power gives dominion over dangerous things.
Mark 16:18a; “They will be able to handle snakes with safety, and if they drink anything poisonous, it won’t hurt them.” NLT. God has given us dominion over dangerous things, be it acid, poison, snakes, chemicals or whatever will not harm us as long as we are for Christ. The Holy Spirit proved this in Acts 28:3-6 when he was bitten by a snake and he shook it off into fire without being harmed.

PRAYER: As from now on Father, give me dominion over every dangerous thing on earth.

6. God’s miraculous power backs up the gospel.
Jesus sent out his disciples to preach to everyone about the kingdom of God. Luke 9:2; “Then he sent them out to tell everyone about the Kingdom of God and to heal the sick. NLT. The power of God given to us is a backup to the message of Christ that we preach. It is to bring people to the kingdom of God. Rom 15:19, “They were convinced by the power of miraculous signs and wonders and by the power of God’s Spirit. In this way, I have fully presented the Good News of Christ from Jerusalem all the way to Illyricum. NLT. Paul used signs and wonders to reach out to souls.

PRAYER: Lord, empower me to perform miracles and win souls for you.

Therefore, if you are reading this and you desire the power of God but you are not in the family of God or you have gone out of the family and you are ready to surrender or re-surrender to him, say this prayer after me; Lord Jesus, I confess you as my Lord and saviour today, please save me and be my lord and bring me into your fold. Amen. If you have recited the prayer wholeheartedly, I congratulate you and I welcome you to the family of God. Make sure you join a bible believing church as you start your journey in Christ.
If you have been blessed by the teaching and you have questions and comments. Contact Abundant Life Vision through the following platforms:
Twitter: @VisionAbundant
Instagram: visionabundantlife
Email: visionabundantlife@gmail.com
God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

There Are Great Possibilities In God's Presence / The Three Trees (conclusion) / Before You Sleep, Meditate And Pray With This....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.