Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,815 members, 7,813,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

As A Computer Science Student,what Do I Need? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / As A Computer Science Student,what Do I Need? (761 Views)

ASUU To Student: “what Exactly Do You Miss? Fornication Or Education?” / What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? / 49-Year-Old UNIJOS Political Science Student Dies Few Days After Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Computer Science Student,what Do I Need? by Harmeed: 9:38am On Jan 30, 2022
I would like to know the skills i can acquire on campus, the books i can get,the measures i can take that would make me a better computer science student among peers.I need advise.

2 Likes

Re: As A Computer Science Student,what Do I Need? by ekibs11(m): 10:17am On Jan 30, 2022
Prepare for a lot of calculation computer science is not all about programming calculations are also involved.

You will also need a laptop for your project needs and home training

1 Like

Re: As A Computer Science Student,what Do I Need? by Harmeed: 10:19am On Jan 30, 2022
ekibs11:
Prepare for a lot of calculation computer science is not all about programming calculations are also involved.

You will also need a laptop for your project needs and home training
Can you recommend some books for me?

1 Like

Re: As A Computer Science Student,what Do I Need? by Totilopussylick(m): 10:30am On Jan 30, 2022
Harmeed:
i recommend you go get a job.

School is a scam!
Re: As A Computer Science Student,what Do I Need? by ekibs11(m): 4:15pm On Jan 30, 2022
Harmeed:

1.Operation research
2. Simulation technique
3.installation and computer management
4.any books on data base management system
5. You can get some tutorials on java, c#, phyton and HTML
6. Networking system
E.t.c
Re: As A Computer Science Student,what Do I Need? by Harmeed: 8:10pm On Jan 30, 2022
ekibs11:

1.Operation research 2. Simulation technique 3.installation and computer management 4.any books on data base management system 5. You can get some tutorials on java, c#, phyton and HTML 6. Networking system E.t.c
Boss,please in what order can i learnt it?
Re: As A Computer Science Student,what Do I Need? by clockwisereport: 6:02am On Jan 31, 2022
Re: As A Computer Science Student,what Do I Need? by GideonG(m): 6:32am On Jan 31, 2022
I just graduated with 2:1 B.Tech Computer science and I've already gotten a job as a remote software developer in about 2months after graduating.

During school give your studies maximum concentration and endeavour to have good grades (not a must, but very important)
During holidays endeavour to learn and keep upgrading your skills in coding, or any technology related field of your choosen and likeness

Make Youtube your best friend, anything they teach you in school make sure you watch a couple of youtube videos on that to have a broader view of the subject matter. Hence you need data.

You need passion and determination to keep keeping on even when things aren't making sense

You need Laptop, constant power supply and the zeal

2 Likes

Re: As A Computer Science Student,what Do I Need? by ekibs11(m): 7:26am On Jan 31, 2022
Harmeed:
Boss,please in what order can i learnt it?

5 1 2 3 4 6
Re: As A Computer Science Student,what Do I Need? by baqirshuayb(m): 7:58am On Jan 31, 2022
GideonG:
I just graduated with 2:1 B.Tech Computer science and I've already gotten a job as a remote software developer in about 2months after graduating.

During school give your studies maximum concentration and endeavour to have good grades (not a must, but very important)
During holidays endeavour to learn and keep upgrading your skills in coding, or any technology related field of your choosen and likeness

Make Youtube your best friend, anything they teach you in school make sure you watch a couple of youtube videos on that to have a broader view of the subject matter. Hence you need data.

You need passion and determination to keep keeping on even when things aren't making sense

You need Laptop, constant power supply and the zeal
Sir, how were u able to do it pls?
What's your area of specialization?
Re: As A Computer Science Student,what Do I Need? by GideonG(m): 10:14am On Jan 31, 2022
baqirshuayb:

Sir, how were u able to do it pls?
What's your area of specialization?
Area of specialization? I would say it's Artificial intelligence but I can not run away from web development so I use Vue.js Javascript framework in my new working place, which is remote work, i would also be working on deep learning too which is AI.

I am far from where I want to be, I am just learning. I want to master vue to the core and master machine learning and deep learning.

I also Want to do masters in Artificial intelligence and Computer science. I am just focussed on learning. whatever is worth doing, is worth doing well

1 Like

Re: As A Computer Science Student,what Do I Need? by baqirshuayb(m): 7:51pm On Jan 31, 2022
GideonG:

Area of specialization? I would say it's Artificial intelligence but I can not run away from web development so I use Vue.js Javascript framework in my new working place, which is remote work, i would also be working on deep learning too which is AI.

I am far from where I want to be, I am just learning. I want to master vue to the core and master machine learning and deep learning.

I also Want to do masters in Artificial intelligence and Computer science. I am just focussed on learning. whatever is worth doing, is worth doing well
Excellent sir!
I am your junior at ATBU. I knw it is you when I saw your name. When u were in 500lvl, I was in 300lvl.
I was very excited when I heard that u have gotten a job after 2months of graduation.
My interest is also data science/machine learning but u know our ATBU na, how it is... No time to learn skill, no one will teach u
and no one will even guide u or come to your help when u need it.

1 Like

Re: As A Computer Science Student,what Do I Need? by GideonG(m): 9:16am On Feb 02, 2022
baqirshuayb:

Excellent sir!
I am your junior at ATBU. I knw it is you when I saw your name. When u were in 500lvl, I was in 300lvl.
I was very excited when I heard that u have gotten a job after 2months of graduation.
My interest is also data science/machine learning but u know our ATBU na, how it is... No time to learn skill, no one will teach u
and no one will even guide u or come to your help when u need it.

Thank you very much bro, since you are on IT now just try as much as possible to improve your skills. May God help us

1 Like

Re: As A Computer Science Student,what Do I Need? by baqirshuayb(m): 9:22am On Feb 02, 2022
GideonG:

Thank you very much bro, since you are on IT now just try as much as possible to improve your skills. May God help us
Amen

(1) (Reply)

How To Japa / Try! Windows: How Do You Stop Windows From Draining Your Data In The / Pls How Relevant Is My Marketing Professional To My Discipline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.