Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,522 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun (24693 Views)

Skull Mining: Four Secondary School Girls Caught With Human Heads In Lagos / Will Ending SARS Stop The Killings? / Police Kill Lukman Issah Who Mastermind The Killings Of 19 Christians In Kogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by lasisi69(f): 3:06pm On Jan 30, 2022
I'm crying for my tribe... I wish I was igbo

10 Likes

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by Sheriman(m): 3:08pm On Jan 30, 2022
See as these bastards dey make my Igbo brothers from Potopoto republic to be insulting me and my region anyhow. Anyway shaa, no problem cos every region get dia own wahaala wey dem dey battle. Na our wahaala for SouthWest be that we go solve am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by NaijaOlosho(f): 3:09pm On Jan 30, 2022
Afonja nation on this one

2 Likes

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by realestate99: 3:10pm On Jan 30, 2022
Redcrafton:
It appears it is a cultural thing to them.

Have you seen any of their leaders, both political and spiritual talk about it..?

One of their pastors in Abuja was talking about Igbos dashing him money...while his state Ogun is into this sinful way.

That's b*ack people for you.
seems you are slightly objective, the ritual stuff is really a cultural thing that we have not been able to shed off, but in the past, it is when the problem is at its peak or the most extreme of cases when humans are used, but now since there is no regard for human lives anymore it has become a daily occurrence.

My problem is just the way our leaders have kept silent over this issue, there is no apparatus in place to punish culprits and to serve as deterrent to upcoming dissidents, it is really a big problem here and there is no need to hide a wound that can be fatal.

3 Likes

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by Divinefavour1: 3:10pm On Jan 30, 2022
Very bad.

The menace this skull mining has caused is too much.

I had to forfeit my plantain farm located in ogun state because of insecurity issues like this one.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by Hyperchi(m): 3:14pm On Jan 30, 2022
Skull mining is now trading in naija stock market. With the lever of demand, e be like say na him cause crypto to crash

2 Likes

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by chukwuibuipob: 3:15pm On Jan 30, 2022
sad May God destroy Aka and his offsprings that carry kettles to wash their pr**k/pray b4 dey enter toilet sad(nah so we dey read here on Fridays sadsad). BASTARDS

1 Like

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by chukwuibuipob: 3:17pm On Jan 30, 2022
sad Pa Righteousness2,wetin the Bible talk about this : Hell fire/End time sad
Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by realestate99: 3:17pm On Jan 30, 2022
Sheriman:
See as these bastards dey make my Igbo brothers from Potopoto republic to be insulting me and my region anyhow. Anyway shaa, no problem cos every region get dia own wahaala wey dem dey battle. Na our wahaala for SouthWest be that we go solve am
Ore, it is high time something is done on this ritual stuff, it is getting too much, we should not hide our inadequacies, we are bigger than that.

I was listening to the interview of those four kids that beheaded that lady on radio this afternoon, it was something else, they were speaking in Yoruba, no remorse whatsoever, they said the motive is for money rituals and the interviewer asked them if they killed the girl before beheading her or they just did it straight, they said they used a short cutlass to kill her before beheading her.

2 Likes

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by Newton85: 3:19pm On Jan 30, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Skull mining is the new CRUDE OIL to the people of Ogun state
meth cannibal Prince of Nnewi, you're here again.
Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by jericco1(m): 3:19pm On Jan 30, 2022
Something needs to be done about this nefarious acts

2 Likes

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by Germi9: 3:20pm On Jan 30, 2022
It should be an eye for an eye,if you kill, you must be killed by firing squad. Nigerians need a iron hand to govern them

1 Like

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by chukwuibuipob: 3:22pm On Jan 30, 2022
angryHang dem
angryHang dem angry angry
angry angry Burn dem alive angry
Stop wasting tax payers money to feed these sick pipu

4 Likes

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by Elidrisy20: 3:24pm On Jan 30, 2022
Tinubu why?
Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by DKM123: 3:28pm On Jan 30, 2022
I think we are losing focus, guys.

The main focus should be on the murdered and mutilated girl who dated a rich man instead of a poor man and so deserves to be gruesomely mutilated and murdered. We are Nigerian men, that should be our main concern.
Let's FOCUS! We need this ritualist to keep killing women for dating financially stable men.
Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by Sheriman(m): 3:28pm On Jan 30, 2022
realestate99:

Ore, it is high time something is done on this ritual stuff, it is getting too much, we should not hide our inadequacies, we are bigger than that.

I was listening to the interview of those four kids that beheaded that lady on radio this afternoon, it was something else, they were speaking in Yoruba, no remorse whatsoever, they said the motive is for money rituals and the interviewer asked them if they killed the girl before beheading her or they just did it straight, they said they used a short cutlass to kill her before beheading her.
It's everywhere in Yoruba land what shall we do??

3 Likes

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by taretoofine(m): 3:28pm On Jan 30, 2022
Parents why bring up a child you can't raise

Even if the society tries to

the parent is the child's first role model

2 Likes

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by Omonigho1976: 3:34pm On Jan 30, 2022
JOemmy:

I have been thinking about this too it might actually be a cultural thing over there u hardly find their political and religious leaders like tinibu, oyedepo, adeboye, oni of ife etc talk about it or totally condemn the barbaric practice despite the menace it has been causing in the whole south west region for years.
Talk about it ke! Do you know how many innocent souls those ones have used also for one unending sacrifice or another!!! It's a cultural thing with the yorubas, it's impossible to see a Yoruba man or woman that does not have an imam or herbalist doing different charms for them. You can never do any form business or transaction with them without serious prayer and fasting because immediately they depart from where u are they are going to Baba place. ITOJU ARA that's what I hear dey call it

5 Likes

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by yusluvad(m): 3:37pm On Jan 30, 2022
JosephXavier:
Perhaps it can boost the IGR grin

This yahoo thing has turned into a pandemic

More like a cancer that cannot nne treated and it has gotten out of hand completely

Nigeria is sitting on a bomb and it will soon blow up

The government has failed
Elders have failed
Parents have failed
The community has failed
Youths are failing too and the teenagers are building on the faulty foundation that has been laid
See problem.
Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by dahmie2013: 3:38pm On Jan 30, 2022
I will keep saying it, the best legacy you can give your child is the knowledge of Christ. Education isn't the best legacy, Christ is.

4 Likes

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by Cantonese: 3:40pm On Jan 30, 2022
BKayy:

They will come for you and your region. Better leave their culture be. They are not complaining.

What a very unfortunate response. What has one’s region got to do with what has become an epidemic and a grave alert danger across the nation as a whole.

If you youths on Nairaland have nothing to say except display your tribalistic myopia, why not simply shut up. Who says killing for ritual is only confined to the Southwest? Or do you think other forms of crime are confined just to a particular region of the nation?

Shame on all of you tribalistic youths.
Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by Grandmeister(m): 3:43pm On Jan 30, 2022
Otuegbe:
How come this thing is not common in Ekiti state and Lagos
Because they are more educated. Education brings knowledge, and knowledge begets enlightenment, and enlightenment frees the mind..

1 Like

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by YorubaKing: 3:46pm On Jan 30, 2022
googlepikins:
We don't want people to mine skull and ritual money. But we want traditionalist to still stay in business.

Nigeria is not a serious country. Until we checkmate all these native doctors we are just wasting our time.

Get rid of all native doctors, then the problems of ritual killing will stop.

God bless you.

The funny thing is these same Politicians are their major clients.
Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by BGSM: 3:46pm On Jan 30, 2022
The parents of any suspect of ritual killing should also be arrested if guilty, every youth found leaving above their means should be investigated.

2 Likes

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 3:47pm On Jan 30, 2022
Useless Afonja skull miners

6 Likes

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by sterlingD(m): 3:52pm On Jan 30, 2022
I said this sometime back; What we treat with levity will deal with us severely .This is one of it.

sterlingD:
All the elders both government and non government,security operatives,the Traditional rulers both paramount and non paramount and all the holders of the traditions of the region should come together at a round summon all the herbalists, traditional medicine men for serious talk. This thing has to stop it can not continue If the thing been no touch any body for body make him shake and fear now it has.Person need to shake fear and shock to the bone if the people don't stand up now and say enough is enough and do something.

1 Like

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by unclejb2(m): 3:52pm On Jan 30, 2022
pinkPUSSY:
Can a fish survive without water ?

Can one separate this culture from Yorub.a ? undecided
I love your moniker.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by CSTRR: 3:59pm On Jan 30, 2022
This is not a child's play.
It's serious.

If you have sisters or females in the South West, it should be of concern to you.

Especially if they have a lot of yoruba male friends.

3 Likes

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by SurvivorM(f): 3:59pm On Jan 30, 2022
This is so sad, which way Nigreria
Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by realestate99: 3:59pm On Jan 30, 2022
Sheriman:

It's everywhere in Yoruba land what shall we do??
The solution is complex because the problem is not coming from one front
1. The predominant cause of money rituals involving the use of humans nowadays is poverty, those times when our parents used to boast about, telling us a brand new car was 3500 naira, I doubt the ritual level would be bad like this, if there is great reduction in the poverty level of this country, there might be a great reduction. when you hear the ridiculous prices they sell the body parts after most culprits are caught, you will realise they are absorbed in penury. Poverty is the worst form of violence.

2. Yahoo lords
I stay in south west, so I know what I am saying, when the means of your survival is a direct threat to the life of people living around you then there is danger, I am going to be very blunt here most yahoo boys here are into rituals, yes I am expecting some back lash from their apologists but that is the truth, they might not start as ritualists but when the brain is not bringing in the required results, they tend to use diabolical means.

With the cover of " yahoo boys" they tend to have a kind of immunity as against the hardcore ritualists but both have same devastating effect on the community. my neighbour is a police man, sometimes he shows me those fetish stuffs they see in Yahoo boys apartment, even some babalawos do not have such armoury of charms.

3. This phase is what I called " e fit be you"
As a Yoruba, we are so much attached to our culture than religion, which for me is a good trait but sometimes it comes with a cost, like my learned Fulani friend usually jokes with me, that an Hausa Fulani man put religion on his head, if he runs it drops on his shoulder but a Yoruba puts religion on the shoulder, if he runs it falls on the ground.

if you watch Yoruba films well, they depict what happens in everyday life in Yoruba land, Yoruba's don't have issues going traditional to solve pertinent issues no matter their religious background ( Muslim or christian) with this kind of issue in place , you should know that there is a huge market for all these ritualistic stuff on ground, a ritualist once said that charms that have any iota of human remains is extremely potent and the result is fast as speed of light......There are still other factors but local man is tired of typing, off to watch Egypt vs Morocco.

8 Likes

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by descarado: 4:01pm On Jan 30, 2022
Since i was small, have heard so much about this ogun state and ritual. Nothing new here

2 Likes

Re: Skull Mining: Nigerians Express Worries Over The Killings In Ogun by Sheriman(m): 4:03pm On Jan 30, 2022
realestate99:

The solution is complex because the problem is not coming from one front
1. The predominant cause of money rituals involving the use of humans nowadays is poverty, those times when our parents used to boast about, telling us a brand new car was 3500 naira, I doubt the ritual level would be bad like this, if there is great reduction in the poverty level of this country, there might be a great reduction. when you hear the ridiculous prices they sell the body parts after most culprits are caught, you will realise they are absorbed in penury. Poverty is the worst form of violence.

2. Yahoo lords
I stay in south west, so I know what I am saying, when the means of your survival is a direct threat to the life of people living around you then there is danger, I am going to be very blunt here most yahoo boys here are into rituals, yes I am expecting some back lash from their apologists but that is the truth, they might not start as ritualists but when the brain is not bringing in the required results, they tend to use diabolical means.

With the cover of " yahoo boys" they tend to have a kind of immunity as against the hardcore ritualists but both have same devastating effect on the community. my neighbour is a police man, sometimes he shows me those fetish stuffs they see in Yahoo boys apartment, even some babalawos do not have such armoury of charms.

3. This phase is what I called " e fit be you"
As a Yoruba, we are so much attached to our culture than religion, which for me is a good trait but sometimes it comes with a cost, like my learned Fulani friend usually jokes with me, that an Hausa Fulani man put religion on his head, if he runs it drops on his shoulder but a Yoruba puts religion on the shoulder, if he runs it falls on the ground.

if you watch Yoruba films well, they depict what happens in everyday life in Yoruba land, Yoruba's don't have issues going traditional to solve pertinent issues no matter their religious background ( Muslim or christian) with this kind of issue in place , you should know that there is a huge market for all these ritualistic stuff on ground, a ritualist once said that charms that have any iota of human remains is extremely potent and the result is fast as speed of light......There are still other factors but local man is tired of typing, off to watch Egypt vs Morocco.
You are right brother.. Infact i am just tired of everything

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2 Killed, Property Burnt As Niger Communities Clash Over Woman / Herdsmen Having Sex With Cows. / EFCC Arraigns Yahoo Boy Over $9,200 Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.