Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,307 members, 7,836,336 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? (11949 Views)

Interview With Relatives Of Sofiat Kehinde Lady Killed For Rituals In Abeokuta / Prison Officials Beat Up Relatives Of Dead Prisoner For Protesting / Photos Of Criminals Arrested By Police In Kano And Weapons Recovered. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by AppliedReason: 4:44pm On Jan 30, 2022
I had never really given much thought to what happens to families and friends of people who go viral for one scandalous wrong reason or the other be it fraud, nudes, violent crimes etc.

Until recently when I was passing an area and my friend who I had gone to visit pointed to a house and told me of how the owner's son was involved in the act of kidnapping.
And then it hit me, the lives of their families will never remain the same. They would forever live with the stigma and shame of what their relative had done.
For me, once I close tab,minimise browser. E don finish but for others, O o o.

Take for example the case of the 4 young ritualist wannabe yahoo boys in ogun state. How would the people of the area relate with their parents, brothers sisters etc?
OR The proprietor who killed Little Hanifa in Kano? (I even heard his parents ran away)
OR The human eating cannibal in zamfara who has 19 children. What becomes of them? How would you grow up knowing your father was a cannibal?
Is society tolerant of such people despite their innocence?
I even asked a friend if he could marry a girl whose dad was a cannibal despite ticking all his boxes. His reply was an emphatic NO.

For the benefit of all for all, anyone with first hand experience of what life was like for the relatives of any of these criminals that others only get to read about in the news should please share.
Please share so people may know that the principle of "collective responsibility" is not dead and be guided accordingly. One person may commit the crime but a lot of people would pay for it in one way or the other.

Mods, pls do the needful.

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by MITCHELL96: 4:55pm On Jan 30, 2022
Jeeeez Maannnn!

That particular family become miserable 4L, you can't have anything in peace even if you deserve it, as long as you're from that family, any small thing, they'll remind you of the sin either you or your family member (s) committed, and you'll start feeling downcasted and left with no option than to Leave that arena.

All they have to DO is relocate from that place they lived and committed the crime or whatever!

Choi!

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by Entprys(m): 5:00pm On Jan 30, 2022
For our own region here, we no send. We bliv in life goes on

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by NLPoliceWoman: 5:42am On Jan 31, 2022
Life goes on

11 Likes

Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by slawormiir: 5:42am On Jan 31, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Isoright....
No level
Life continues
Funny enough Even when it is glaring and obvious you carried out that crime...your family will continue to defend you that probably you were accused wrongly

Family na the highest.....they will never abandon you
Blood is thicker than water

90 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by AdventHero: 5:43am On Jan 31, 2022
Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by socialmediaman: 5:43am On Jan 31, 2022
Oftentimes depending on the extent of embarrassment, the families and relatives relocate to other cities or countries and move on with their lives. Some people even keep that part of their history a secret from their spouses. Even on nairaland you learn about spouses who got married without knowing much about each other, and started having issues when they started learning stuff that would’ve otherwise been deal breakers

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by NLPoliceWoman: 5:43am On Jan 31, 2022
RTR
Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by Mko123(m): 5:43am On Jan 31, 2022
Ask Google
Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:44am On Jan 31, 2022
The lives of their families will never remain the same. They would forever live with the stigma and shame of what their relative had done.

Family members of incarcerated individuals are often referred to as "hidden victims"
Victims of the criminal justice system who are neither acknowledged nor given a platform to be heard.
These hidden victims receive little personal support and do not benefit from the systemic societal mechanisms generally available to direct crime victims, despite their prevalence and their similarities to direct crime victims.

These kinds of stigma can include pain and suffering, and a lower quality of life.
There are also the traumatic impacts on friends and the disruption of family.

As we always point out on this forum,
SAY NO TO CRIME, IT BRINGS SHAME AMD REPROACH TO YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by LaSenior: 5:44am On Jan 31, 2022
cheesy

They will be banished out of the village within the next market day

1 Like

Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by nero2face: 5:44am On Jan 31, 2022
Go close to the family and hear them explaining how their son was wrongly accused of a crime he didn't commit but deep down their heart they know their son is guilty, na so we dey cover evil for this country even when it's so glaring

17 Likes

Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by anambraamaka: 5:44am On Jan 31, 2022
Stigma lives on, the internet doesn't forget

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by Holywizard: 5:44am On Jan 31, 2022
When I was in junior secondary school, my friend's dad was caught at his place of work stealing big iron bars and rods as he was working at the welding department, the news went viral because he claimed to be a christian.
The following day, his son who happened to be my friend visited me and I followed him to their house and I stayed back very late. When I came back, my mom flogged me as if I was a thief for following a thief's son. She was like, since his father was a thief, he was likely to teach his son too. From crying, I started laughing but I still couldn't stop following the guy as we were game lovers

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by helinues: 5:46am On Jan 31, 2022
Stigma is really still existing..

Yoruba's actually really care about drawing bad names to the family, almost all Yoruba mother's always make this statement below

Ran' ti Omo eni ti o nse ( Remember the son of who you are)

11 Likes

Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by Nobody: 5:46am On Jan 31, 2022
Most relocate to any country available while cutting every ties with their home country.
Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by Lekan239(m): 5:46am On Jan 31, 2022
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him...

Do not stigmatized. Judge everyone according to his/her ways.

4 Likes

Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by officialwdhtv: 5:46am On Jan 31, 2022
I posted something a while ago about Anini's son and the stigma he still passes through even till today because of his late dad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL6M_0dY8qs

20 Likes

Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by mrdipye(m): 5:47am On Jan 31, 2022
Every mallam to him kettle

4 Likes

Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by NutritionGuru: 5:47am On Jan 31, 2022
shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 5:48am On Jan 31, 2022
post=109826090:
The lives of their families will never remain the same. They would forever live with the stigma and shame of what their relative had done.

KEEP KWAYET THERE!!!

YOU DEY YARN RUBBISH

13 Likes

Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by iamyemiakins(m): 5:48am On Jan 31, 2022
They hide their faces in shame
Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by Amuluonyenaego: 5:48am On Jan 31, 2022
post=109826090:
Proper lie, na the person wey comit the crime dey shame no be the entire family.

4 Likes

Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by Doyou2019: 5:49am On Jan 31, 2022
nero2face:
Go close to the family and hear them explaining how their son was wrongly accused of a crime he didn't commit but deep down their heart they know their son is guilty, na so we dey cover evil for this country even when it's so glaring

The only crime Nigerians don't support is that one that isn't perpetrated by their family/tribe.
We are very hypocritical people. I wonder if Nigerians are the worst sort of people in the world, because this our mentality and way ehn!
I no think genuinely civilized, progressive people act the way most Nigerians do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by mazizitonene(m): 5:50am On Jan 31, 2022
Oh well, I think most relocate..... depending on the gravity of the crimes.
Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by Acode: 5:50am On Jan 31, 2022
I can't imagine what a particular family at ijegun area of lagos is facing after their son killed a lady and mutilated her body.... Trust me they would be neva be the same... Even me sef no fit near them

10 Likes

Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 5:50am On Jan 31, 2022
helinues:
Stigma is really still existing..

Yoruba's actually really care about drawing bad names to the family, almost all Yoruba mother's always make this statement below

Ran' ti Omo eni ti o nse ( Remember the son of who you are)

Take am!!!

3 Likes

Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by sosodevf(m): 5:51am On Jan 31, 2022
Stigmatized, though for a while.
Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by CXLVII: 5:52am On Jan 31, 2022
Laughing stock!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Terror Alert: Police Refute Claims Of Planted Bombs across Abuja / 10 Hospital Staff Who Stole Blood In Nasarawa, Dismissed / Bandits Surrender 216 Rifles In Zamfara State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.