Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Thorns Of Love - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Thorns Of Love (390 Views)

Roses And Thorns / The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thorns Of Love by valkariejay(m): 2:29am On Jan 31, 2022
The night was bright as usual as the moon slowly creeps out of her hidings , chirps from hidden crickets in the dark could be heard apart from the sound of gentle breeze blowing and soothing the skin of however came out to take in fresh air, darkness engulfed the whole wide perimeter of the yard people still moving about speaking in hush tone that you can barely make out who moved because it's dark enough for you not to see thier faces but however you can make out moving shadows as the moon casts it's bright light on the dark area , shadows of trees respond to the voice of the gentle wind and move slowly like human like figure in swaying positions, the elder men where sort of debating with each other with what to do with the child that would be born in full red moon , as they say it's not a good sign , it's a bad omen to give birth to a child on a full red moon.
The women where inside gently telling the screaming woman to push.
The husband of the wife in labour shook his head lightly in grimace, I would kill that child if it's a female , his friend besides him gave him a sour look , what if it's a boy , a healthy child ..before he could press further the witch doctor had arrived with seven royal soldiers guarding her, her eyes bore into the eyes of men her with fanatic iciness she opened her mouth and eerie sounds escaped her oesophagus, she screech again this time her voice mimicking an owl ,the men around her quivered in fear and terror of what is about to befall the land.
she found her human voice and spoke where is the child, the husband looks up and threw away his face silently as if he didn't hear her , she repeats I said where is the child , the evil one who finds her entry into the face of this Earth , the friend standing beside him answered , wise one the child is on the way and how did you know the gender of this child she waved her hands as if to stop him and he got the message , immediately voice of a crying child is heard , she twitched , and the royal guards flexed thier muscles at the silent husband , he looked up suddenly aware of the armed guards. he understood what must be done , he went inside despite the cries of the pleading women and exhausted crying mother he snatched the baby and brought it striaght to the witch doctor and presented it to her , take her and leave here ,she stared hard at him and slowly smiled , a grin enough to send shiver down your spine , she slowly shook her head , no Dike you alone will carry that cross while you accompany me and the royal guards to the forest of the undead , she clearly knows better than to hold a child whose prophecy was foretold to possess powers greater than hers she wants no competition so she predicted that any child born on red moon is evil.
he slowly went ahead of them while they follow him to the forest of the undead.
the forest was thick as usual you could hear the hooting of owl as men approached the thick forest , the baby was crying loudly and witch cast nervous glances.
the flowing of the streams could be heard it's late in the night , nothing much made sounds except the snapping of twigs under the bare feet of royal guards stomping hard in the dead of the night.
Dike became weary he is unharmed and sweaty , not because he was surrounded by armed guards and a witch because he knew something sinister could happen, he found his tongue after hours they have matched and he spoke to the nearest guard close to him, whom they once shared friendship before he joined the royal guard and they became strangers over night , Chindu what becomes of us if something unnatural pounce at us all , the witch can defend herself with spells , then all of you can defend yourselves with your spear and swords what will I defend my self with while carrying this baby.
Chindu cast a long look at him and muttered , we will defend you , Dike chuckled lightly but am stronger than most of you I mean individually non of you can match my hand to hand combat , shut up Chindu barked at him, Chindu was offended, but deep in his heart he knew Dike was right , Dike had been three times champion undefeated in the whole village hand combat , in Umuagwu in South east region of Nigeria he is wealthy , popular and famous , as a trader and great Hunter as well , he is known to have single handedly kill a leopard that have disturbed Umuagwu for two seasons. Hush the both of you , the witch doctor exclaimed and went quiet in the mist of a large tree something was struggling to get free it was a Python caught on trap, one royal guard got close to it and used his knife to severe the python's head in one clean sweep of his blade. he spat and shuddered I hate snakes , he moved back in line while the witch doctor cut open the python to collect some thing neither of the men bothered to check on.
That woman gives me the creeps , I know she is collecting the bile of that serpent Chindu whispered , while other murmur in disapproval , while argument was still going on Chindu slipped a dagger at dikes waist belt which had nothing at his sheath.
I said silence foolish men , the witch doctor growled at them , I am meditating with foul spirits or maybe I should feed them your wretched souls not that any of you are worthy but at least that will give the forest some peace.
Every one went silent , this child shall be offered as sacrifice at hill of the spirits after which we all turn back because at the front of hills thicker forest that leads to the big river is at the front and our journey ends here , foul spirits are around all of you mortals so seize your tongues. before she could finish her words an arrow hits her chest with a light thud! her screams pierced the night and she went down , men screamed in war cries of bravery before men of the night pounced on the warriors, the knows it is sensible to survive , he dodged below a tree to watch for clear path , clearly the men of the night are evil all they do is kill and part with human organs mostly the head and the private part , that is why you don't venture in the land of the undead because those killed turns into zombies , this set of zombies have mind of thier own and thier hunger for human flesh and blood never cease, the men came prepared to fight the blood lust zombies but didn't know men of the night would even have courage to come out in an open combat but in truth this wasn't what the men of the night wanted , they had come for the baby , a strange woman from the river spoke to one of the night men and seven sack of pure gold was offered to them to capture the baby born on red moon alive.
so far Dike managed to make out a path trying to flee something gripped his legs he looked down to find the witch doctor holding on to him , bring the baby now she whispered , he wanted to flee but she held on , here give me the baby Chindu offered to Dike, he was suddenly at his side perhaps his sight had failed him he looked yonder and saw Chindu laying peaceful in cold blood , he became confuse he used one hand to stab Chindu he was sure that was an impostor , the impostor smiled and went down and became a thick decayed corpse
she gritted her teeth as him , give the baby even the spirits know who this baby is. he pulled frantically and got loose , he started running deep inside the forest without looking back.
Dike had almost got to the bank of the river, he lost both the men of night and also the royal guards the baby was still crying in the dead of the night suddenly flesh eaters started coming out one by one almost as if the baby cry calls them out they began crawling towards dike he knew both he and the baby would die so the only way out is just hope for some luck of seeing someone at the bank of the river , he knew that zombies can't swim, he started kicking , and stabbing at the ones within his reach , one bite at his shoulder , he stabbed blindly , he knew he had lost this battle , he ran fast towards the river and held the baby up wards as in ventured into the water, the zombies kept coming close until he was inside the river he raised his arms up holding the baby, to avoid the baby from drowning , suddenly a woman in white garment appeared out of nowhere she seem not to sink she is standing on top of the water.
Dike she called out softly , you are a strong man but tonight , you will become one of those things , I am the one keeping them at Bay , they would swim after you if my presence wasnt made , you are sinking fast hand over your baby I will trade with you ,if you give me that baby , I will give you your life.
who are you Dike inquired, she shook her head sadly you will lose your life and that of your baby , listen to me , and live.
give it to me and come back here the next season I will give you both life and protection.
Dike shook his head wildly the queen looked saddened she shook her head I know, you will die anyways she stood watching him fight off the undead he couldn't fight anymore she took the child from him and turned away walking with the crying baby deep into the river , she cast a sad look at him , because you refused to hand over this baby on ur own will you will die , and your wife will take another man and give birth to this very child , you have only delayed destiny , and swayed the course of time , but when this child is born and she is weaned into a woman after eighteen season she will come back in my kingdom to rule as the great queen of the river , she will either come herself or handed over to me by her parents she is not mine to keep she herself wanted to come to this world she had seen the prince of Umuagwu and she is in love but love is not enough, she will come back , good bye Dike.
Dike began to drown slowly he had lost blood he didn't want to become one of the zombies he took out his knife , and whispered I swear by the grave of my father and fore fathers I will die in this river and that child will never be that of the river it belongs to me, my bloodline, it is not yours to keep queen of the river, he stabbed himself in the heart and slumped into the deep waters.

Queen Asherah started climbing the spiral steps she had passed into the another dimension , to a place no mere mortal dare ventured , once one reaches this dimension your contract will be weighted on scale for you to pass through to the other plane where mermaids reside , this spiral steps is infinite in nature never ending , it comes up and up into various planes.
suddenly the red bone devil appears eyes slits and serpentine in nature , foul breathe and an evil grin to cause provocation , he hisses out what brings the queen of the bank to this point oh she has another soul in her arms how taint of you .
Queen Asherah eyed the demon with contempt that's not a soul you wretch , that's my baby Adira.
The demon waved his hands impatiently, enough oh sea queen , where is the infinite stone for this one , I won't let you pass , Queen Asherah was irritated and her eyes shown deep ocean blue , move out of my way or I roast you , the red bone demon was unmoved and he smiled , oh my queen knows better than severe diplomatic relationship of hell bounds around here , this soul won't pass except you give me her infinite stone .
The Queen's anger reduced to a seductive smile and her voice suddenly guilds hint of romance , oh red wise one , the mortals refused to give thier consent despite the fact I sent out men to get her , thier consent would have magically brought the infinite stone into my palms , this baby is no ordinary baby she plays games and hid the stone among men.
the red bone devil nostrils flares and smoke left it, after a brief silent he spoke , we could strike a temporal deal , you pass to your planes and keep her for only 3 hours and you send her back into the plane she came from, it will cost you 7 vials of blood from human prey you keep with you just to keep things civil. Queen Asherah look startled , she never knew it would be difficult , she planned to cage Adira for eternity she knew , Adira had her plans to leave the plane of the sea to co exist and live among men.
queen Asherah tried to press her luck perhaps I can give you the soul of one of my own I intend to keep this one, she is the future, the bone devil laughed in a hollow death laugh , and breathed out flames , no way my queen entry denied except you keep her with me and move on you know how things works.
The queen gave the red bone devil one long contemplating look , fine devil 7 vials of blood shall be delivered to you by my slaves in exchange for three hours, the red bone devil smiled , he bowed lightly you may pass my queen.

The queen passed from the spiral steps and stepped into another plane of giant tall doors well guarded by giant hellhounds growling fiercely and a death reaper approached and bowed welcome queen Asherah, I see you brought this one forcefully with you , and you have 3 hours to send her back, be hasty with it for the lord Morax is not happy with your lot they come around too often and they bring trouble too.
Queen Asherah bowed lighted , I acknowledge the fact am causing trouble I can assure you it's temporary, the reaper snapped his fingers and collected his coin from her as she moved on.

The queen stepped into her world and the whole mermaid where thrown into happiness ,
she waved them to be silent and she placed the baby on the pillar of life and step away from it , no sooner the palace begin to vibrate and a loud binding lights flashed and in place of baby appeared a much beautiful girl with miniature features of queen Asherah.
she smiled lightly and bowed slightly with snide tone she oh mother you needn't go through all this to drag me here , with a flash of movement queen Asherah slapped her across the face , naughty child , you left this kingdom knowing the future of this place lies in your hands, what is the meaning of this nonsense you call love , Adira didn't flinch she replied mother you killed the one I love so I want to go back to him .
Queen Asherah shook her head in pain, she speak with pains in her heart dearest I want to protect you from men, they are wicked , the hearts of men shows no mercy, they can never co exist with us.
Adira started shedding tears not this one mother he was my love , queen Asherah held her while she wept, no my child he is your prey a thing to feed on , I curse the day I let the king's son drown and it's bringing us much pain I wanted to punish him for his insolence , I wanted the clan of UMUAGWU to mourn thier miserable lives. I sent him back and you went after him.
my princess , my dearest I will allow you to leave and return to the world provided you tell me where you buried you infinite stone.
Adira was about to speak up then sea men guarding the entrance broke into the chamber , apologies my queen the REAPER is here with Lord Rahab and death bringers
she involuntary shoved Adira at her back while do you defile my kingdom lord Rahab
he smiled and pointed at Adira that one has no infinite stone and she came to me for favours I granted it now I have come for her step aside.
Queen Asherah remain where she stood , Adira moved out of her grasp and walked into the circle , lord Rahab smiled at her although his eyes betrayed him and showed lust .
leave my child alone he flash his hands the whole place trembled.
queen Asherah was shaken with freight , her daughter has made pact with demon of higher hierarchy and they hardly forget it.
she bowed to him and whispers send me back and conceal my infinite stone and after twenty years am yours. he let out a hollow laugh and other mermaids scamper for safety .
He whispered to her that I will grant and you shall go back now , your mother has heard you and with that he waved his hands and handed her a pearl necklace , keep this my Adira and after twenty seasons I shall be back for you , good evening to you queen Asherah , with that lord Rahab left.
queen Asherah eyed her daughter, with digust in her voice , you betray me Adira , go into the world and before you turn eighteen years I will claim you and chain you here, even if it means war with Lord Rahab I have my ways and I will appeal to his master lord Morax, and bear it in mind where ever both of you hid this infinite stone I shall find it , crush your soul and give your crown to Eva your younger sister it is clear , you are no longer mine .with that she left the chambers.
Other mermaids begin to argue among themselves clearly some mermaids voted for love and encouraged Adira to go after the mortal on Earth . while some supported her mother telling her she shouldn't have caused problems between planes of the sea.
Eva walked up to Adira and gave her a hug , go well sister , but remember I and mother shall find you, I might be persuaded to kill you my dearest, Adira broke up the hug and smiled , am fine sister watch out for yourself, I choose the right mortal and again I shall choose a better man, take care of mother with that she stepped into the stone of life she became an infant and she vanished into the world to be born again.

Re: Thorns Of Love by valkariejay(m): 7:29am On Jan 31, 2022
Chapter 2

Adira grew into a decent home she obviously didn't remember her past life and she wasnt born into a very wealthy home but after her birth her father became a successful Hunter, a young man with strength and vigor known as the Kelechi the leopard killer , only two men have successfully killed a leopard and one of those men is her father and the other is Wago the commander in chief of Umuagwu warriors .she is the only family's source of joy and only child , Kelechi's wife  Rheno had been childless for eight years and the birth of Adira relieved her of her mockery from her family and friends who are envious of the fact she married the finest man in Umuagwu, the event of the red moon long gone and forgotten, Adira came to the world without drama , Rheno fell asleep woke up and named her Adira , which was accepted by all , she didn't recall the dream she saw Adira siting on the throne and worshipped by mermaids and demons , she seems to be brain washed she couldn't recall her dreams or why she named her daughter Adira. 
Things where falling in place for her family as the birth of Adira brought prosperity and progress. 
Adira was fast growing into a teenager, she was seventeen years of age and had a wonderful childhood everybody loved her and she grew up very beautiful , she needs to be initiated into maiden hood as a honor in the community and the most beautiful maiden will have to win every challenge and be awarded the maid of honor. 
she has won the heart of  the boy known as Ziki , a young and vibrant handsome prince who was admired by all, except Adira who isn't clearly mesmerized by his presence , Other girls will develop soft knees as they hear Ziki speak but Adira on the other hand is in full control of her emotions.
the dance of the moon is fast approaching , the moon play is organized for every Teenager who comes of age to be initiated into adult hood so everyone is anticipating for the great event. 

Adira was returning from the streams and brought with her colourful pebbles she collected , suddenly two girls appeared and blocked her path one was Ada slim and slender beautiful as well and the other was abit chubby but light skinned her name was Ruth both of them had planned to beat her up because Ziki was always paying more attention to Adira who didn't even acknowledge his presence, today the girls are here to beat her up to teach her a lesson so she would keep off and stay away from him.

Adira already seen the trouble before it already began greeted good morning to you Ada , she tried to move away but the chubby one Ruth obstructed her path , with spite and hatred in her looks , what is good about the morning you witch ?! , she fumed while Ada moved backwards and stood behind Adira as she is now in the middle 

The chubby girl called Ruth nudged Adira , what makes you so special because you are beautiful like a mermaid ?, Adira tried to move aside but Ada dragged her back into the circle stand here and fight us you weakling she mocked Adira.
Adira smiled and closed her eyes and imagined she was two, when she opened her eyes she saw another image of hers beside the circle , fear stuck those bullies they shouted ran  but Adira held fast onto the chubby one , while Ada was running on her heels screaming , while the two Adira descended on the Ruth and gave her the beating of her life nobody heard her scream after that she slumped and fainted . 
The two Adira admired themselves before one transformed into Eva , her mermaid sister from the sea , they laughed , I thought you have forgotten us , you lived like a mortal now , Eva exclaimed in excitement , you summoned me , you remember the summoning spells that's good of you, I can see that you haven't lost your touch. Adira smiled , oh yes dear sister from the sea it's been a long time , I remember everything , I dream about it everyday , I dreamt I wore mother's crown on my head. Eva eyes changed to red beam then quickly she blinked and it took in and exhaled in raspy sharp breath she hates it when Adira makes a claim at the crown her mother already threatened to shift to Eva . Eva was already used to been addressed as the chosen princess. 
Eva cast a long look at the chubby Ruth , this one will wake up but won't remember a thing Incase that's run away slave accuses you of been a witch , mother speaks lowly of you and I think you should come home to us , find your infinite stone and stop pretending to be a weak mortal with this words she vanished.

Adira had a confused look on her face , as she went home, why did her sister suddenly change her mood was she feeling challenged by her claims to the throne , was she now getting jealous ?, what ever it is she is staying here for a few more years before she begins to think of home , but first she must begin to show affection to prince Ziki , deep in her heart she wants him but don't want her to think so highly of himself. 
she knew she was deeply in love with him but pretends that she doesn't know , she remembers she is from the sea , she decided to walk home and change her ways towards Ziki , these girls confronting her had  awoken that subconscious feeling of love she bottled up long ago and watched Ziki grow up into an admirable young lad. 

Ruth woke from slumber face swollen with no memory of what happened begins to trek home on a lonely road. Mean while Ada had run into her father's compound like someone chased by a ghost.
Come back here her father yelled at her where do you think you are running to , what is chasing you , gazelle, you seems to be up to  no good what is it . 
papa it is that witch called Adira , she's a witch, Ruth and I never talked to her, we were on our own minding our business , this girl came to us and started insulting us , and we wanted to beat her to teach her a lesson she will never forget ,yes so ? then what happened her father queried. Papa this girl changed and became two persons at once like identical twins papa I swear by my fore fathers grave I almost fainted but found my legs I ran and left Ruth there !. what ? her father exclaimed that's ridiculous tale , can your friend, Ruth testify to this ? , this is witchcraft nobody has such powers except Adindu the witch doctor ,  once that your chubby friend Ruth testifies that you are not lying we are going straight to her place. Before he could speak further chubby Ruth came into Ada's compound, speak of the devil she is here papa. 
Tell your mother to fetch me fresh palm wine Ada . she dashed in like a cheetah, mama papa requires your presence and fetch palm wine it's urgent. Both mother and daughter came in with palm wine while Ada father was already addressing Ruth , young woman what did you say happened to your face and who hit you ?
Ruth looked confused with the whole attention given to her. Nothing happened to me sir I was on my way to the stream I fell down on a rock part and bruised my self , 
oh my God exclaimed Ada, how dare you lie?  tell him the truth , tell him about what happened at the path of the stream , how Adira became two and beat us up , 
Ruth almost started laughing , papa Ada your daughter has fever , please tend to her , I didn't even see you today , stop talking rubbish nobody changed to anything or became two or whatever you say you saw , with this kind of talk one will think you are going mad please.
Ada was shocked she kept her mouth open she couldn't believe her friend could be brainwashed or is she also another doppelganger in the making , is she now going mad , she was beggining to doubt her sanity , she was in deep thought,  she didn't even hear Ruth announced that she was leaving. 

Snap out of it her father splashed her water on her face , ain't you the person Ruth is talking to? have  you  suddenly gone deaf and dumb ?, I always knew you are mad but this afternoon madness was the ultimate if you even narrate this rubbish tale in your life ,you will make Adindu the witch doctor  mistake you for a witch and disgrace you in the village arena let whatever tales of magic you told us this afternoon end here. woman meet me inside if your are ready I want to rest inside , with this words he adjusted his wrapper at his hips and left both mother and daughter. 

Ada started weeping while her mother console her , please my daughter don't even say such , but mama am telling you the truth that girl is a witch. Her mother hushed her please lower your voice and let the sleeping dogs lie, forget your story and avoid that girl called Adira I have always know that girl to be sinister I don't like her at all , please avoid her. 
woman ! are you coming inside or not or you want to stay with that drunk daughter of yours . 
my Lord she is not drunk , it is you that had palm wine just now , will you shut up and come inside , with that Ada's mother left her daughter to moan her misery alone.

she continue to weep is it because she is not a male that's why her dad despised her. she stood up and left to go and see Okonjo the guy that is a rival to Ziki, he completes with Ziki on who would gain more attention from the females. 
Okonjo's dad is also a warrior is father is know as Wago the leopard killer and in terms of brute strength Okonjo took after his dad and on so many occasions at rivalry with Ziki one day he promised to bring a fight to his door steps 

Okonjo had own the village wrestling combat three consecutive times , he and Ziki never locked horns , he became ill and couldn't represent the village in the inter state wrestling , he had to withdraw, and someone must go and represent Umuagwu village , Ziki the young prince volunteered and went , he came back a victorious and he had defeated the seven warriors from other villages to be crown the king of wrestler, everybody was happy village won the contest for the first time, in seven years , Wago Okonjo's dad last brought the crown when he was Okonjo's age. he wanted his son to partake in his line of glory but alas the gods have spoken other wise and made his son only a local champion the only year that would have made a difference his son feel critically ill , for the first time in his life he wished Umuagwu didn't win that tournament so that his son will bring glory but the reality is Ziki the royal son of the king has brought the trophy home and made his kingdom proud. 
Wago blamed the gods for all this , while Okonjo blamed Ziki for taking what belongs to him , been a champion is his birth right , if he didn't know any better , he thinks Ziki had Bewitched him will brief illness to take his place but in reality , it was Adira who did it all she knew a time would come Okonjo would display his arrogance and boast he was the champion, she fore saw it and decided to humble him.  

Okonjo despised his rival Ziki and had been preparing for a day the big fight would come which is on the moon play night. Umuagwu clearly had won the wrestling contest to restore peace among the seven community but an opposing village Ezigbo clan had been in boundary dispute with Umuagwu village, war is looming tempers are high. 

The young warrior of Ezigbo clan by the name Deze haven't forgotten he lost to Ziki the wounds  is still fresh , he has always won the inter village wrestling contest on three consecutive times , and he had always had of Okonjo and had even watched his wrestle match that day he expected to defeat Okonjo having mastered his wrestle moves only to be surprised by a new wrestler Ziki , they both won thier opponents and  squared off for the first time in thier lives , Deze was fortified with charms and strength and assured himself as the victor for the fourth consecutive times but Ziki had the upper hand he had the strength from the sea he wasn't aware , Adira was his strength  and he shocked the nine villages to become the champion. 
Okonjo had a problem with that he is scared of confronting Ziki each time he saw him talking to Adira who remains absent minded. 
Okonjo became the rival to Ziki they are never in the same boat when it comes to agreement and he is irritated that the village rates Ziki the best and he Okonjo the second option to the next best thing. he wasn't pleased at all, for that he decided to take what belongs to Ziki he woe Adira and failed but proposed friendship on Ziki long best friend Ada and she had accepted now because she felt she should give up the quest of chasing Ziki and leave it all to Adira , she has become scared of Adira so she decided to settle for Okonjo and she has made up her mind to do so , she picked up her best wrapper tied it across her chess fetched a fresh leaves and tied dry meat which she would give to Okonjo as a sign of acceptance for friendship.

Tonight  is a great night for moon play, the elders of the land was gathered in the palace of the king , the wealthy trader Kelechi , Adiras father , Wago the warrior leopard killer , Ada's father's , Adindu the witch doctor and Gozo the town crier just about the same age with Okonjo infact they were friends from childhood and he is privileged to be in the palace among the elders not because he earned it , he is always lousy and sloppy sometimes but because he takes his late father's place as the town crier and the reasons for the meeting is not  sensitive, and it's not about security issues but rather the meeting if for the new moon festival, if matters to be discussed was serious he will be sent out to wait behind close doors till an agreement is met, before he is brief on messages to be announced to all, but this time the item for agenda to be discussed is how to make this moon play pleasurable, for both youths and the elders in the village.
 There is always sequence and orderliness to be displayed as well as results to be called. 
the first display of the moon dance is the male wrestling contest followed the masquerade dance which the males involved will parade themselves in masquerade custom to loosen lift the ancient Calabash fortified with charms the winner gets rewarded richly. The last display for the moon play is the maiden dance the winner gets privileged of picking males to dance with. 
the joy of the moon play is the masquerade dance and the maiden dance. After which the teenagers are confirmed to have taken the step to adult hood. 
The elders discussed lightly and laughed with merriment and they avoided discussing sensitive issues , deep in Thier hearts they are weary with the  thought of Ezigbo clan might try to desecrate the moon play, but nobody dared mention it , after the meeting Gozo was given enough palm wine to lighten his heart so he could convey the message with joy and happiness, then they adjourned the next meeting to hold after moon dance to discuss security issues, the meeting had come to an end while the elders was exchanging pleasantries and taking thier leave. 
The witch doctor Adindu pulled both Wago and Ada's father aside to discuss in private what he didn't want to share with everyone.
the witch doctor cleared his throat , I called you two because trouble looms despite the fact everyone is painfully ignoring it , the more it bothers my heart , Wago for no reason should you stay relaxed, get some men to guard the entrance of the village. Wago gave the witch doctor a nod of approval , he spoke lightly after casting side glances , I know all this things infact I wanted to come to your shrine and discuss this matter , and as a matter of fact I even single handedly picked men and we started the night watch and the self decorated leopard killer won't know anything about that, Wago concluded casting a penetrating glare at Kelechi Adira's father who was exchanging pleasantries with the king, he pressed on further I don't think that man killed that leopard , maybe he found a dead leopard that died of still birth. 
papa Ada started to laugh buy caught himself immediately , Adindu the witch doctor cast him a long look which Papa Ada noted as a warning to keep his tone down , you daughter is right continued the witch doctor , what is she right about papa Ada  asked  ?,  witch doctor Adindu continued that girl Adira there is something off about her she passed me and I felt chills run down my spine , Papa Ada was suddenly fidgety , and nervous , so you are saying my daughter is right that she's a witch. 
The witch doctor nodded in agreement , until I have my proves and I will surely alert Wago and his men for now let's lay low and concentrate on the moon play with that he dismissed thier brief meeting.

To be continued....

Re: Thorns Of Love by valkariejay(m): 7:48am On Jan 31, 2022
ADIRA A FEMALE MERMAID REINCARNATED AS A MORTAL WITH HER MYSTICAL POWER SURELY FALLS IN LOVE WITH A HUMAN WHOSE FRIENDSHIP COULD SHAKE HER KINGDOM...

QUEEN ARSERAH HER MOTHER IS THE RULER OF THE SEVEN SEAS, THE QUEEN FINDS HERSELF STRUGGLING TO BRING HER DAUGHTER OUT FROM THE WORLD OF MEN SHE SO DESPISED

ADIRA PREFERS THE WORLD OF MEN , SHE HAS FALLEN IN LOVE FOR A MORTAL SHE PLACED HER TRUST IN THE HEART OF MEN CLOSE TO HER

QUEEN ARSERAH, WANTS HER DAUGHTER BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY EVEN IF IT MEANS FORMING ALLIES WITH HER ENEMIES

ADIRA KEEPS FIGHTING
SHE FIGHTS FOR LOVE

https://story.lightreader.com/215237749635153920/1/2189756

To read the whole story click here mean while my steady post will be on the story JASON'S DAIRY
Re: Thorns Of Love by silverlinen(m): 5:45pm On Jan 31, 2022
Hey OP though your story line is encouraging and captivating
Please just try improve your writing method and choice of words
This writing seems like it's being written by a jss2 student
No pun intended buh please work on it
U still dey follow anyways

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Silence Is Not Always Golden / Get massive sales, leads, etc with our persuasive and compelling sales copies / Article Neede!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.