Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,408 members, 7,958,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:30 AM

Help My Friend Make A Choice. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help My Friend Make A Choice. (525 Views)

Help Me Make A Choice Please in tech field / My Friend Website Just Got Hacked / PLEASE, Help Me Make A Choice From These. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My Friend Make A Choice. by The5DME(m): 11:22am On Jan 31, 2022
I have a friend who intends to go into programming, and his parent has plans to purchase a Laptop for him. The parent has given him two options for a system, based in their budget.
The first laptop is an Elitebook 8440p with 8gb ram and 128gb SSD core i5(quad core at 2.4Ghz) while the other one is an HP pavilion 15 with 8gb ram, 1TB HDD(core i3 4th gen with quad core, pegged at 1.9Ghz). Which of these two Laptop, will be good for coding for him?
We know he'll need something better than these two as he progresses, but this is for the meantime.

Cc: tensazangetsu22 karleb stanliwise springboot
Re: Help My Friend Make A Choice. by Karleb(m): 3:09pm On Jan 31, 2022
The first one is better.

He can buy external hard drive if the space get filled up. Better than buying Ram.
Re: Help My Friend Make A Choice. by CJust(m): 4:25pm On Jan 31, 2022
The first is much more better, because programs uses ram and processor to run better not hard drive he can use the system for coding and not for storing to avoid storage full then he should buy an external hard disc for storage.
Re: Help My Friend Make A Choice. by stanliwise(m): 5:49pm On Jan 31, 2022
The5DME:
I have a friend who intends to go into programming, and his parent has plans to purchase a Laptop for him. The parent has given him two options for a system, based in their budget.
The first laptop is an Elitebook 8440p with 8gb ram and 128gb SSD core i5(quad core at 2.4Ghz) while the other one is an HP pavilion 15 with 8gb ram, 1TB HDD(core i3 4th gen with quad core, pegged at 1.9Ghz). Which of these two Laptop, will be good for coding for him?
We know he'll need something better than these two as he progresses, but this is for the meantime.

The first one is better ofcourse
SSD is about 150x faster than HDD
And perhaps core i5 is way preferable than core i3 third gen
Re: Help My Friend Make A Choice. by qtguru(m): 9:08pm On Jan 31, 2022
Lol tell the parents to buy ThinkPad jare, Hp battery dies too fast
Re: Help My Friend Make A Choice. by Springboot: 10:57pm On Jan 31, 2022
The5DME:

Go with the first option with SSD, if you need additional space, you can get a cheap external HDD
Re: Help My Friend Make A Choice. by BlaqFaze: 7:41am On Feb 01, 2022
It seems a lot of guys here don't know much about PC specs...

You'll be making a big mistake if you go for the first system... that's a system with a 1st gen Intel processor, the second system has a 4th gen Intel processor, which is recent (compared to 1st gen) and alot faster too.

The seller just put in an SSD to justify a higher price
Re: Help My Friend Make A Choice. by CJust(m): 1:14pm On Feb 02, 2022
BlaqFaze:
It seems a lot of guys here don't know much about PC specs...

You'll be making a big mistake if you go for the first system... that's a system with a 1st gen Intel processor, the second system has a 4th gen Intel processor, which is recent (compared to 1st gen) and alot faster too.

The seller just put in an SSD to justify a higher price
what do you mean?
pls give more details for better understanding

(1) (Reply)

How To Learn Programming 2022 (QUICK ADVISE!!!) / I Need A Professional Code Developer / Machine Learning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.