Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,473 members, 7,836,873 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

African Union Suspends Burkina Faso Over Military Coup - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Union Suspends Burkina Faso Over Military Coup (10184 Views)

African Union Suspends Gabon / Biden Loses Temper During Call With Zelensky Over Military Aid / ECOWAS Suspends Burkina Faso Following Coup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Union Suspends Burkina Faso Over Military Coup by bigdammyj: 4:42pm On Jan 31, 2022
Okay
Re: African Union Suspends Burkina Faso Over Military Coup by Indispensable85(m): 4:43pm On Jan 31, 2022
Super eagles should replace them in the semi finals of Afcon immediately. Lol.....
Re: African Union Suspends Burkina Faso Over Military Coup by Lamasta(m): 4:43pm On Jan 31, 2022
Can the suspension uncoup the coup
Re: African Union Suspends Burkina Faso Over Military Coup by TjoBATHONG(m): 4:44pm On Jan 31, 2022
heniford2:
Of what benefit is AU to Africa at large cheesy grin useless group of blind people with backwardness

One day in the very distant future something semi-intelligent will come out your mouth henifart, but I'm not holding my breath cheesy

1 Like

Re: African Union Suspends Burkina Faso Over Military Coup by chloride6: 4:45pm On Jan 31, 2022
Coups are so useless ...
Re: African Union Suspends Burkina Faso Over Military Coup by asthmacoughend(m): 4:46pm On Jan 31, 2022
Beyou94:
I hope this will ginger their players
. how will it ginger them ?.
Re: African Union Suspends Burkina Faso Over Military Coup by heniford2: 4:49pm On Jan 31, 2022
TjoBATHONG:

One day in the very distant future something semi-intelligent will come out your mouth henifart, but I'm not holding my breath cheesy
Tmksouth my one time enemy from SA grin cheesy dude is been long oh!!! When will u visit finland would love to take you out,you most have miss clean ladies not lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed ladies u guys have in SA cheesy
Re: African Union Suspends Burkina Faso Over Military Coup by eeetuk(m): 4:52pm On Jan 31, 2022

"The African Union on Monday suspended Burkina Faso a week after the volatile country suffered its latest coup, as diplomats from West Africa and the UN began talks with the new junta."

I disagree with the positions taken by the UN and the ECOWAS states in imposing sanctions against Burkina Faso military regime. Burkina Faso said it took power because of insecurity in the country. That is a good rationale for military take over. For years I have been reading about killings in Burkina Faso and both the UN and ECOWAS states did nothing to stop the killings.

Why are the UN and ECOWAS states pushing back on Burkina Faso military for trying to help their country men and women to live in peace?
Very wrong!

2 Likes

Re: African Union Suspends Burkina Faso Over Military Coup by sammirano: 4:52pm On Jan 31, 2022
AU in needs to impose sanctions rather than suspension, but Africa's economy is not harmonized to begin with.
Re: African Union Suspends Burkina Faso Over Military Coup by Alamsvcc: 4:54pm On Jan 31, 2022
A.U, ECOWAS, U,N will never rise up against bad governance. They will only come up to reinstate the corrupt leaders when a group of individuals decides to implement the will of the masses by ganging up to take the bull by the horn.
Nigeria! Nigeria!! Nigeria!!!, How many times did I call you?
How long will it take you to flush out evil pepertators in Aso Rock? How long will you continue to condone terrorism and banditry plus kidnapping?.

4 Likes

Re: African Union Suspends Burkina Faso Over Military Coup by Belcon(m): 4:57pm On Jan 31, 2022
You valid you have my backing I tell people and the worst is its not effective becox no African country can stand alone in the west
heniford2:
Of what benefit is AU to Africa at large cheesy grin useless group of blind people with backwardness

1 Like

Re: African Union Suspends Burkina Faso Over Military Coup by SeriouslySense(m): 4:58pm On Jan 31, 2022
when the people were been killed like Chicken where was AU, and EU. When the people finally have some peace the AU and EU are so concerned. grin grin grin

CocoaOla:
when citizen of a particular country is sufferings you dont see them

useless organization we still have many problem in Africa but they are quite and blind

3 Likes

Re: African Union Suspends Burkina Faso Over Military Coup by TjoBATHONG(m): 5:01pm On Jan 31, 2022
heniford2:
Tmksouth my one time enemy from SA grin cheesy dude is been long oh!!! When will u visit finland would love to take you out,you most have miss clean ladies not lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed ladies u guys have in SA cheesy

Who's this guy u people keep saying I am - I wanna meet him angry I hear he's intelligent though, not to mention very handsome cool

R u talking about the same dirty SA girls y'all post about day and night here up and down? cheesy

Anyway, I'm still shocked at how far human traffickers be taking u people nowadays - Finland shocked Your slave masters in Libya must be missing y'all very much now.
Re: African Union Suspends Burkina Faso Over Military Coup by SeriouslySense(m): 5:02pm On Jan 31, 2022
I don't trust AU, and would not even trust EU
eeetuk:

"The African Union on Monday suspended Burkina Faso a week after the volatile country suffered its latest coup, as diplomats from West Africa and the UN began talks with the new junta."

I disagree with the positions taken by the UN and the ECOWAS states in imposing sanctions against Burkina Faso military regime. Burkina Faso said it took power because of insecurity in the country. That is a good rationale for military take over. For years I have been reading about killings in Burkina Faso and both the UN and ECOWAS states did nothing to stop the killings.

Why are the UN and ECOWAS states pushing back on Burkina Faso military for trying to help their country men and women to live in peace?
Very wrong!

1 Like

Re: African Union Suspends Burkina Faso Over Military Coup by Mozkunzult22: 5:03pm On Jan 31, 2022
3countries out of the A.U more to join.
I just don't understand how A.U operates
Re: African Union Suspends Burkina Faso Over Military Coup by CSTRR: 5:04pm On Jan 31, 2022
I hear that the burkinabe coup has US footprints all over it.

To counter Chinese influence.
Re: African Union Suspends Burkina Faso Over Military Coup by heniford2: 5:05pm On Jan 31, 2022
Belcon:
You valid you have my backing I tell people and the worst is its not effective becox no African country can stand alone in the west
AU is just useless no strong mutual business or trade binding Africans together in it just useless group of old men in it
Re: African Union Suspends Burkina Faso Over Military Coup by benjanny(m): 5:05pm On Jan 31, 2022
African Union Still Dey Exist??
Re: African Union Suspends Burkina Faso Over Military Coup by CSTRR: 5:06pm On Jan 31, 2022
There is a power vacuum in West Africa.

Nigeria failing to play its role as an economic and a true military power has exposed these nations to be exploited and used by other powers.

We are too weak and our weakness has doomed west Africa.

1 Like

Re: African Union Suspends Burkina Faso Over Military Coup by SeriouslySense(m): 5:06pm On Jan 31, 2022
Also has France inputs in it, France invited other foreign countries into Mali I think, without permission from the Mali government, they are crooks.

CSTRR:
I hear that the burkinabe coup has US footprints all over it.

To counter Chinese influence.
Re: African Union Suspends Burkina Faso Over Military Coup by heniford2: 5:07pm On Jan 31, 2022
TjoBATHONG:

Who's this guy u people keep saying I am - I wanna meet him angry I hear he's intelligent though, not to mention very handsome cool

R u talking about the same dirty SA girls y'all post about day and night here up and down? cheesy

Anyway, I'm still shocked at how far human traffickers be taking u people nowadays - Finland shocked Your slave masters in Libya must be missing y'all very much now.

talk talk keep hiding under new monki

1 Like

Re: African Union Suspends Burkina Faso Over Military Coup by CSTRR: 5:07pm On Jan 31, 2022

1 Like

Re: African Union Suspends Burkina Faso Over Military Coup by Cmanforall: 5:09pm On Jan 31, 2022
HonNL:

SOURCE

SOURCE

The suspension came hours before the junta announced the Constitution has been restored.

It's expected. AU is made of civilians in government. But let them put effort to ensure corrupt presidents are persecuted and disgraced
Re: African Union Suspends Burkina Faso Over Military Coup by heniford2: 5:10pm On Jan 31, 2022
CSTRR:

What of Nigeria close by?

If Nigeria did its job, would they need the intervention of the African Union.?
African Union was created to act as What EU is to European countries most of the financial backing comes from Nigeria And some Africa countries but lately lack of fund has made it to be useless how do we have AU yet no much mutual business in it even ECOWAS is more better than it undecided Nigeria battling with crisis and etc has limit our capacity to influence West Africa to become a sub-strong region imagine we should have Rail connection between us and all this country yet none is invoke few trade business with them the are owing us self , AU is useless and ECOWAS IS USELESS TOO

2 Likes

Re: African Union Suspends Burkina Faso Over Military Coup by Awoleesu(m): 5:11pm On Jan 31, 2022
These old mofos hardly have any innovative strategy! 3 straight countries in a row and all they can do is suspend! Suspend!! Suspend!!!

So let me ask, if say 60-70% of African nations are caught in this "African Spring" of coup-de-tât, wetin go happen?

This kind of poor thinking is why advanced nations think Blacks are inferior!

Whatever happened to dialogue with the coup plotters or even challenging the coup action in a court of competent jurisdiction?

1 Like

Re: African Union Suspends Burkina Faso Over Military Coup by biosystech: 5:13pm On Jan 31, 2022
Because France has not said anything. I'm sure if France had taken a side, they'll switch.

1 Like

Re: African Union Suspends Burkina Faso Over Military Coup by CSTRR: 5:18pm On Jan 31, 2022

1 Like

Re: African Union Suspends Burkina Faso Over Military Coup by planetx: 5:19pm On Jan 31, 2022
It is actually embarrassing the way 3 West African leaders were removed from office so easily by a bunch of rag tag soldiers with AK-47. This our continent is a joke filled with uninformed citizenry, people celebrating coups in 2022. What do those dumb soldiers know about running a modern economy. The only thing they are going to get is a bunch of sit tight leaders after discovering how sweet power is.

1 Like

Re: African Union Suspends Burkina Faso Over Military Coup by Milly44(f): 5:22pm On Jan 31, 2022
GuyWise101:
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

I don't have much to say but read this from gidgiddy

Much respect bro �
This is something they won’t like to talk about here
Re: African Union Suspends Burkina Faso Over Military Coup by CSTRR: 5:23pm On Jan 31, 2022
Even Chimamnda Adichie said it at the Humboldt forum in Germany.

The problem of Africa is lack of real power.

Our unequal power relationship with the world has doomed our continent.

She is not a political or military analyst but she is smart enough to see it.

Until we get power, the continent will remain fuckkked.

2 Likes

Re: African Union Suspends Burkina Faso Over Military Coup by seyz91(m): 5:23pm On Jan 31, 2022
raindroup:
Toothless union

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone / António Costa, Portugal Prime Minister Resigns Amid Corruption Probe / Russian Iskander Missiles - The Answer To US/NATO/Israeli Missile Interceptors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.