Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,557 members, 7,812,782 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

Biden Loses Temper During Call With Zelensky Over Military Aid - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Biden Loses Temper During Call With Zelensky Over Military Aid (53203 Views)

African Union Suspends Burkina Faso Over Military Coup / US Election: Joe Biden Loses President-elect Status / Coup: US Suspends Military Aid To Mali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biden Loses Temper During Call With Zelensky Over Military Aid by lhordspy: 8:23pm On Nov 01, 2022
The US president, Biden had barely finished telling Zelenskyy he’d just greenlighted another $1 billion in military assistance when the Ukrainian president started listing all the additional help needed.

* Mr Biden lost his temper and felt that Mr Zelensky could have showed more gratitude after a heated phone call.

President Joe Biden lost his temper with Volodymyr Zelensky during a phone call to discuss US military aid for Ukraine according to reports.

Having just approved an additional $1bn for Ukraine, Mr Biden reportedly became angry when Mr Zelensky pressed him for further assistance.

Mr Biden is said to have raised his voice during the 15 June call while pointing out the US’s generosity towards Ukraine, and said that Mr Zelensky could show more gratitude.

Mr Biden’s frustrations had reportedly been building for several weeks before the conversation, as Mr Zelensky suggested in public statements that aid wasn’t arriving quickly enough.

The leaders’ relationship has improved in the four months since then, administration officials told the network.

Resistance to US aid to Ukraine has stiffened in recent weeks, with Republican House leader Kevin McCarthy declaring there will be “no blank check” should his party take control of Congress in the midterms.

The Democrats’ Congressional Progressive Caucus also pressed the White House to negotiate directly with Russia, before withdrawing the request.Mr Biden has reportedly been discussing asking Congress for around $50bn in additional funding in the lame-duck session after November’s midterms.

According to figures from the State Department, the US has provided more than $20bn in security assistance since Russia first invaded Ukraine in 2014.

The Biden Administration has sent around $17.6bn since the start of the 2022 war in February

As Ukraine has clawed back significant parcels of territory from the Russians in recent weeks, Russia has stepped up missile strikes on key infrastructure and civilian targets.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/joe-biden-zelensky-ukraine-military-aid-b2214647.html

240 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Biden Loses Temper During Call With Zelensky Over Military Aid by youngeagle(m): 8:27pm On Nov 01, 2022
You sure say Ukraine and Russia no open office for Europe head

418 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Biden Loses Temper During Call With Zelensky Over Military Aid by lhordspy: 8:28pm On Nov 01, 2022
Entitlement mentality bast*rd zelensky.

Just few days ago, the ukranian government called for the ban of iran from worldcup because of their ties with Russia. And that they should replace them with the Ukranian team that failed to qualify even after series of manipulation in their favour for them to qualify, by the US-controlled FIFA.

With the rate this is going, Zelensky may wake up one day and start demanding 10% every month from all countries.

562 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Biden Loses Temper During Call With Zelensky Over Military Aid by VeryWickedMan: 8:31pm On Nov 01, 2022
Zelensky the Nazi Clown will be killed soon and peace will return.

112 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Biden Loses Temper During Call With Zelensky Over Military Aid by abobote: 8:33pm On Nov 01, 2022
I like that Zelensky, he is a man with balls

42 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Biden Loses Temper During Call With Zelensky Over Military Aid by Acidosis(m): 8:37pm On Nov 01, 2022
abobote:
I like that Zelensky, he is a man with balls

How?

140 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Biden Loses Temper During Call With Zelensky Over Military Aid by BeardGangJnr1(m): 8:40pm On Nov 01, 2022
God bless Putin my mentor...for restoring the dignity of Russia, Europe and america.
Specifically Russia Where a man is a husband and a woman is a wife.
A country where only two biological genders acknowledged....no fake woke.

291 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Biden Loses Temper During Call With Zelensky Over Military Aid by Tinubuadvocate: 8:42pm On Nov 01, 2022
Americans are hungry but their president is giving out.

332 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Biden Loses Temper During Call With Zelensky Over Military Aid by Jostoman: 8:47pm On Nov 01, 2022
BeardGangJnr1:
God bless Putin my mentor.
you must be a Lagos landlord supporter.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biden Loses Temper During Call With Zelensky Over Military Aid by BeardGangJnr1(m): 8:50pm On Nov 01, 2022
Jostoman:
you must be a Lagos landlord supporter.
Shinedu avoid me....I'm not interested in doing drugs... undecided
shortIGBOman:

Shenedu right now grin grin
He a Clown.... Like must everything be about Lagos and Tinubu?? Nawaoh oh
FashionCookie:

Lol...I don't know why I find this comment very hilarious.
Una no go fit kee me 4 Nairaland cheesy

Enjoy.... grin grin

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Biden Loses Temper During Call With Zelensky Over Military Aid by Hyperchi(m): 8:54pm On Nov 01, 2022
If na Trump them for done make the story be like criminal case

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Biden Loses Temper During Call With Zelensky Over Military Aid by Orfankwagh(m): 9:10pm On Nov 01, 2022
America dey use ukraine to study russian weapons but the no know sey SATAN 2 dey for backyard and that useless country too dey do. America no go ever gree fight russia

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biden Loses Temper During Call With Zelensky Over Military Aid by abobote: 9:39pm On Nov 01, 2022
Acidosis:

How?
He can stand up to any leader.
Posterity will kind to him

1 Like

Re: Biden Loses Temper During Call With Zelensky Over Military Aid by Acidosis(m): 9:52pm On Nov 01, 2022
abobote:

He can stand up to any leader.
Posterity will kind to him

Okay

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biden Loses Temper During Call With Zelensky Over Military Aid by jojothaiv(m): 10:01pm On Nov 01, 2022
War is big money.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biden Loses Temper During Call With Zelensky Over Military Aid by Timoleon(m): 10:01pm On Nov 01, 2022
Zelensky catching cruise steadily.
Re: Biden Loses Temper During Call With Zelensky Over Military Aid by Brendaniel: 10:01pm On Nov 01, 2022
Democrats and their deceptions, they tell you they want to help you but they are only out to cause more problems....

Europe and the entire world enjoyed more peace in Trumps Era than Bidens own

74 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Biden Loses Temper During Call With Zelensky Over Military Aid by NwaNimo1(m): 10:01pm On Nov 01, 2022
Biden should nuke Ukraine.......

[img]https://giffiles./216/216370.gif[/img]

....see insolence.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biden Loses Temper During Call With Zelensky Over Military Aid by AmazingELixir: 10:02pm On Nov 01, 2022
grin

This Zelensky or whatever he is called seem to have Oliver twist ancestry...what an ingrate.

A beggar making demands...he should be kowtowing for the assistance provided so far and not feeling entitled.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Biden Loses Temper During Call With Zelensky Over Military Aid by FeliciaOja(f): 10:02pm On Nov 01, 2022
Ok
Re: Biden Loses Temper During Call With Zelensky Over Military Aid by LikeAking: 10:02pm On Nov 01, 2022
Rubbish!

If this new enta FP I will delete my akant..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biden Loses Temper During Call With Zelensky Over Military Aid by Karlovych: 10:02pm On Nov 01, 2022
embarassed The only thing he's good at is being creepy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biden Loses Temper During Call With Zelensky Over Military Aid by Realmi: 10:03pm On Nov 01, 2022
cheesy.. abeg November do normal oo..this one wey we never hear one single good news today...no be so e suppose be oo...abeg....open door for goodnews to enter......enurf of the bad news and vexation everywhere

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Biden Loses Temper During Call With Zelensky Over Military Aid by sukkot: 10:03pm On Nov 01, 2022
shocked
Re: Biden Loses Temper During Call With Zelensky Over Military Aid by Triangles1(m): 10:03pm On Nov 01, 2022
They're the causes of this war, I mean USA.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biden Loses Temper During Call With Zelensky Over Military Aid by jchioma: 10:03pm On Nov 01, 2022
It can be really exasperating with these continuous demands from Zelensky and having no meaningful headway in a self inflicted battle. By now, Biden is frustrated. There's enough challenges from the home front than to be bothered with an ego fueled war on the foreign scene. Well, this goes to show that the best of men is still a man.

Let me use this opportunity to send my condolences to Davido and my namesake, Chioma. May God strengthen you and grant you the fortitude to bear the pains of this great loss. May your sweet soul rest in peace Ifeanyi.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Biden Loses Temper During Call With Zelensky Over Military Aid by H2ho(m): 10:03pm On Nov 01, 2022
angry
Re: Biden Loses Temper During Call With Zelensky Over Military Aid by Sconpiono(m): 10:04pm On Nov 01, 2022
F
Re: Biden Loses Temper During Call With Zelensky Over Military Aid by Patriotic9ja(m): 10:05pm On Nov 01, 2022
Zelenskyy the comedian......

America the root cause of the calamities befalling Ukraine......

UK, France, Poland, Japan, etc the puppets.......

China, India, Israel, the real countries who genuinely want the chaos to end.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Biden Loses Temper During Call With Zelensky Over Military Aid by Moh247: 10:05pm On Nov 01, 2022
cool

Why is bidden complaining.... America is the world police last time I checked

Biden sign this check, let Zelensky cashout abeg

Maga no suppose dey vex

250 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ukraine Neptune Missiles Hit Russian Frigate Makarov In Black Sea / Rodrigo Duterte Brags About His Huge Manhood / Macdonald In China Apologizes For Saying Blacks Not Allowed In Their Restaurant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.