Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,915 members, 7,810,515 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:25 AM

Top Five Nigerian Songs In January , 2022 - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top Five Nigerian Songs In January , 2022 (25759 Views)

Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord / Top 10 Hottest Nigerian Songs Released In January 2019 / Top 10 Hottest Nigerian Songs Released In July 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Five Nigerian Songs In January , 2022 by Synord(m): 4:52pm On Jan 31, 2022
We take a look at the hottest Nigerian songs in the month of January , 2022.

1. Fireboy ft Ed Sheeran – Peru Remix

Fireboy enjoyed massive success in 2021 with the release of the Shizzi produced Afropop tune “ Peru “ . Reminiscent of Wande Coal vocals and Adlibs , the song warmed the hearts of millions of Nigerians across the world , blasting up speakers from Lagos , to Accra and definitely “ San Franscisco “ in America too .

Despite calls from various quarters to feature Buju or Wande Coal on the remix , Fireboy made the rewarding decision to feature DSPs Loverboy and British Superstar EdSheeran on the official remix of the single .

The remix pushed Peru to greater heights , achieving 5 million streams in a week and 10 million YouTube views within the same time frame . The song is already certified silver in the UK , got co signs from the country “ Peru “ and is favored by critics to make the Billboard Hot 100. Peru is also the first song by a Nigerian artiste to reach no 2 on the UK charts .

2. Skibii ft Davido – Baddest Boy Remix

The More Grace act also known as Mayana has produced hits such as “ Sensima” , “Big Engine” , “ Are you There” and “Dats how Star Do “. His EP “ God is bigger Than Man “ with features from DejLoaf and Zlatan was released in late 2021 .

The remix of one of the singles off the EP “ Baddest Boy” with Davido is one of the hottest new tracks of 2022. The video of the song has amassed over a million views on YouTube , reached number one on Nigeria’s Apple Music Chart and is enjoying massive airplays across the country .

3. Portable ft Pocolee and Olamide – Za zoo

Released in December 2021, Zazoo is on its way to become one of the biggest Nigerian street pop songs this decade . The song materialized after Instagram user@Donbluu reposted a freestyle video of Street Artiste , Portable. Portable thereafter linked up with Street Dancer and Hypeman , Pocolee and talented Rapper Olamide to deliver the monster jam “ Zazoo”.

The – Prime produced joint is a slang coined by Portable to connote “it has happened “ . The official video of the song is directed by Prolific director, TG Omori and has garnered over a million views on YouTube . The song has also gotten co signs from Davido , Wizkid , Tiwa Savage and other A list stars .

4. Adekunle Gold- Mercy

Following the success of his single “ High” featuring DMW helmsman , David Adeleke aka Davido , Adekunle Gold announced the release of his Fourth studio album titled “ Catch me If You Can “ . The album which boasts of features with stefflon don , Ty dolla sign , Davido among others is preceded with the release of the single “ Mercy “

Mercy is a feel good track which interpolates the 90s classic single “ Denge Pose “ by Baba Fryo . Mercy is produced by Blaise beats and is housed on AG Baby highly anticipated “ Catch me If You Can Album

5. Fave – Obsessed

Rising star, FAVE renowned for the hit singles “ Baby Riddim” “ Beautifully “ and “NBU” released her debut EP “ Obsessed “ on the 22nd of the January , 2022 . The EP released under MR Eazi led “ Empawa Music Group” has so far garnered positive reviews from music lovers and critics across Nigeria peaking at no 1 on Nigeria’s Apple Music Chart . Obsessed is one of the stand out tracks from the project and is fast gaining momentum .

Source : https://olaoluwaidowu.org/blog/2022/01/31/top-five-nigerian-songs-in-january-2022/

11 Likes

Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs In January , 2022 by Synord(m): 4:53pm On Jan 31, 2022
The writer, Iamsynord is an entertainment lawyer in Nigeria helping and educating creatives, record labels, DSPs, entertainment brands and entertainment business enthusiasts to monetize their craft and achieve financial independence .

He is also an expert in digital marketing and experienced freelance writer and copywriter to handle all your content creation needs .

.To contact for

- entertainment law ( trademark , copyright , contracts drafting , reviews litigation, Advisory etc) services in Nigeria

- Digital marketing/Copywriting Gigs

Email - olaoluwaidowu700@gmail.com

Creatives can join the free Facebook Group :

JOIN THE PROGRESSIVE CREATIVES GROUP
https://www./1020862598458253/?ref=share

10 Likes

Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs In January , 2022 by slawormiir: 8:22pm On Jan 31, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Bunch of crab untalented dog shit songs

pretydiva:

Werrin happen ni?
Baby girl...those songs are dog shit
If you live in Benin city...then let's hang out so I can show you what good songs is all about
I will show you my play list....while blazing my weed
post malone( the music wizard)
J cole
The weekend
Imagine dragons
Jesse jags
Sia
Burna boy
2face
Katty pery
Passenger
Bruno Mars
Justin bieber
WizKid( Balogun the big boy)
Avicii( rest in peace)
Twenty one pilot
The Chainsmokers
Dig the kid
Cold play
Khalid
Maroon 5
Calum scot
John legend
Selena Gomez
Ellie Goulding
Christiana aquilera
A great big world
Rita ora
Clean bandit
Dua lipa
Martin garixx
Major Lazer
The night
Edsheeran
Taylor swift
One direction
Lewis capaldi
Sam smith
Ariana Grande
Kehlani
Billie eilish
Camilo Cabello..
Normani
James Arthur

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs In January , 2022 by pretydiva(f): 8:22pm On Jan 31, 2022
Mctewwwww

4 Likes

Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs In January , 2022 by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 31, 2022
Nice
Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs In January , 2022 by pretydiva(f): 8:22pm On Jan 31, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Werrin happen ni?

1 Like

Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs In January , 2022 by Englishisamust: 8:23pm On Jan 31, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Bunch of crab untalented dog shit

Weed at work.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs In January , 2022 by Simplelion: 8:23pm On Jan 31, 2022
That means no good song in January then.

4 Likes

Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs In January , 2022 by oshonky: 8:23pm On Jan 31, 2022
Wrong list, except wande coals song is on it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs In January , 2022 by Snapchat: 8:24pm On Jan 31, 2022
I think Mercy and Obsessed aren’t big hits yet.

7 Likes

Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs In January , 2022 by cerowo(f): 8:25pm On Jan 31, 2022
I love Fave, she’s talented

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs In January , 2022 by graphicdesigns: 8:25pm On Jan 31, 2022
On that note check out my cover art design for favourite Naija songs. Contact me for graphic designs.

https://www.nairaland.com/6938128/graphic-designer-creates-cover-art
Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs In January , 2022 by nurez305(m): 8:25pm On Jan 31, 2022
You mean noise ?
Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs In January , 2022 by KingOfBoyz1(m): 8:25pm On Jan 31, 2022
Many people say naija songs are trash lol. I keep saying no song is trash. If you don't like it. Someone out there loves it.. I love rap music doesn't mean I should start calling Celine Dion musics trash cux I sleep off when I am listening to them.. Its choice. So all una comments no make sense

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs In January , 2022 by paulolee(m): 8:25pm On Jan 31, 2022
Ik
Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs In January , 2022 by Snapchat: 8:26pm On Jan 31, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Bunch of crab untalented dog shit

I pray you find Happiness bro, Cheers!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs In January , 2022 by Jessyjeff: 8:26pm On Jan 31, 2022
Who cares about such music?
Give me Kofi Olomide, Sunny Ade and George Benson

3 Likes

Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs In January , 2022 by George28(m): 8:26pm On Jan 31, 2022
Emi gan baddest boy
Skiibii i too feel you
Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs In January , 2022 by Meekmind(m): 8:26pm On Jan 31, 2022
Synord:
We take a look at the hottest Nigerian songs in the month of January , 2022.

1. Fireboy ft Ed Sheeran – Peru Remix

Fireboy enjoyed massive success in 2021 with the release of the Shizzi produced Afropop tune “ Peru “ . Reminiscent of Wande Coal vocals and Adlibs , the song warmed the hearts of millions of Nigerians across the world , blasting up speakers from Lagos , to Accra and definitely “ San Franscisco “ in America too .

Despite calls from various quarters to feature Buju or Wande Coal on the remix , Fireboy made the rewarding decision to feature DSPs Loverboy and British Superstar EdSheeran on the official remix of the single .

The remix pushed Peru to greater heights , achieving 5 million streams in a week and 10 million YouTube views within the same time frame . The song is already certified silver in the UK , got co signs from the country “ Peru “ and is favored by critics to make the Billboard Hot 100. Peru is also the first song by a Nigerian artiste to reach no 2 on the UK charts .

2. Skibii ft Davido – Baddest Boy Remix

The More Grace act also known as Mayana has produced hits such as “ Sensima” , “Big Engine” , “ Are you There” and “Dats how Star Do “. His EP “ God is bigger Than Man “ with features from DejLoaf and Zlatan was released in late 2021 .

The remix of one of the singles off the EP “ Baddest Boy” with Davido is one of the hottest new tracks of 2022. The video of the song has amassed over a million views on YouTube , reached number one on Nigeria’s Apple Music Chart and is enjoying massive airplays across the country .

3. Portable ft Pocolee and Olamide – Za zoo

Released in December 2021, Zazoo is on its way to become one of the biggest Nigerian street pop songs this decade . The song materialized after Instagram user@Donbluu reposted a freestyle video of Street Artiste , Portable. Portable thereafter linked up with Street Dancer and Hypeman , Pocolee and talented Rapper Olamide to deliver the monster jam “ Zazoo”.

The – Prime produced joint is a slang coined by Portable to connote “it has happened “ . The official video of the song is directed by Prolific director, TG Omori and has garnered over a million views on YouTube . The song has also gotten co signs from Davido , Wizkid , Tiwa Savage and other A list stars .

4. Adekunle Gold- Mercy

Following the success of his single “ High” featuring DMW helmsman , David Adeleke aka Davido , Adekunle Gold announced the release of his Fourth studio album titled “ Catch me If You Can “ . The album which boasts of features with stefflon don , Ty dolla sign , Davido among others is preceded with the release of the single “ Mercy “

Mercy is a feel good track which interpolates the 90s classic single “ Denge Pose “ by Baba Fryo . Mercy is produced by Blaise beats and is housed on AG Baby highly anticipated “ Catch me If You Can Album

5. Fave – Obsessed

Rising star, FAVE renowned for the hit singles “ Baby Riddim” “ Beautifully “ and “NBU” released her debut EP “ Obsessed “ on the 22nd of the January , 2022 . The EP released under MR Eazi led “ Empawa Music Group” has so far garnered positive reviews from music lovers and critics across Nigeria peaking at no 1 on Nigeria’s Apple Music Chart . Obsessed is one of the stand out tracks from the project and is fast gaining momentum .

Source : https://olaoluwaidowu.org/blog/2022/01/31/top-five-nigerian-songs-in-january-2022/

All noise, nothing sensible...
When Brymo, Johnny Drille release any single, let me know undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs In January , 2022 by dangwarmai(m): 8:26pm On Jan 31, 2022
Play a good beat and sing your nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs In January , 2022 by Hndrrxxx(m): 8:26pm On Jan 31, 2022
Niggas drop a mixtape then they tattoo they face (Clowns)

1 Like

Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs In January , 2022 by TenOverTen111(m): 8:26pm On Jan 31, 2022
I'll like to listen to Skibi and Davido, I hope it's not bulshit sha
Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs In January , 2022 by BrickDevo: 8:26pm On Jan 31, 2022
Truth be told, no good songs this January, well sha let's patiently wait for updates and new releases

1 Like

Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs In January , 2022 by abercrombie(m): 8:27pm On Jan 31, 2022
Where's Teni "Hustle",Op Review Your Work Again

2 Likes

Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs In January , 2022 by Worshipped: 8:27pm On Jan 31, 2022
Anything from Hillsong united

1 Like

Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs In January , 2022 by MufasaLion: 8:27pm On Jan 31, 2022
Fire Boy × Ed Sheeran. That's a perfect combo!

My chune always!
Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs In January , 2022 by Shalommy(f): 8:28pm On Jan 31, 2022
Oops angry angry
Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs In January , 2022 by silverlinen(m): 8:29pm On Jan 31, 2022
The only songs wey I dey vibes too for this list na peru remix and the hottest off all baddest boy remix
Oma that skibii jam dey give me vibes
Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs In January , 2022 by Rastaramsey(m): 8:29pm On Jan 31, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Bunch of crab untalented dog shit songs

Baby girl...those songs are dog shit
If you live in Benin city...then let's hang out so I can show you what good songs is all about
I will show you my play list....while blazing my weed
post malone( the music wizard)
J cole
The weekend
Imagine dragons
Jesse jags
Sia
Burna boy
2face
Katty pery
Passenger
Bruno Mars
Justin bieber
WizKid( Balogun the big boy)
Avicii( rest in peace)
Twenty one pilot
The Chainsmokers
Dig the kid
Cold play
Khalid
Maroon 5
Calum scot
John legend
Selena Gomez
Ellie Goulding
Christiana aquilera
A great big world
Rita ora
Clean bandit
Dua lipa
Martin garixx
Major Lazer
The night
Edsheeran
Taylor swift
One direction
Lewis capaldi
Sam smith
Ariana Grande
Kehlani
Billie eilish
Camilo Cabello..
Normani
James Arthur

Rest

6 Likes

Re: Top Five Nigerian Songs In January , 2022 by dynicks(m): 8:29pm On Jan 31, 2022
Fave is the only artist listed there that I seem to enjoy her songs!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Afrima Award: Tiwa Savage Wins The Best Female Artiste In West Africa / #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) / Olamide: My Next Album 'Unruly' 95% Ready, May Be My Last

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.