Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole (10622 Views)

‘It Was Chartered From Ethiopia’, Nigeria Air MD Breaks Silence On Controversy / Medview, Arik The New Ponzi Schemes / Medview Leaves 800 Passengers Stranded In U.k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by NwaNimo1(m): 11:32pm On Jan 31, 2022

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has detained the Managing Director of Medview Airline, Alhaji Muneer Bankole over alleged hajj scam.

The suspect allegedly diverted 50 per cent of funds paid to him by the National Hajj Commission, and additional $900,000 for the airlift of pilgrims in 2019, which he failed to execute.

He was reportedly detained on Monday afternoon at the headquarters of the EFCC in Jabi, Abuja.

A source revealed that Bankole, who arrived at the EFCC complex at 11am was invited by the anti-graft agency following his failure to execute the airlift contract after receiving the mobilisation funds.

“He was given 50 per cent advance payment as well as additional $900,000 for airlift of pilgrims to Saudi Arabia by the National Hajj Commission in 2019 but he failed to execute the contract and he also did not refund the money,” an official disclosed.
https://punchng.com/efcc-detains-medview-airline-boss-for-alleged-900000-hajj-fraud/?amp

3 Likes

Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by silverlinen(m): 11:37pm On Jan 31, 2022
Them him political sponsors don cast am
Dem don withdraw from e back
Na for the man to go do OG for prison remain

7 Likes

Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by devlishGINGER(m): 12:18am On Feb 01, 2022
isnt it high time all these Hajj is put to an end . that $900,000 will add to the development of Nigeria

$900,000 is equivalent to 373,500,000 Nigerian Naira

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by mushystuff: 1:24am On Feb 01, 2022
Absolute waste of resources! No responsible government, more so with our very bleak economic outlook, should have any business sponsoring religious pilgrimages! Religion is personal and should remain so!

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by bcomputer101: 2:54am On Feb 01, 2022
Just look at the way that Mannique parading himself as Mr integrity is wasting our resources

9 Likes

Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by slawormiir: 4:51am On Feb 01, 2022
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

One thing Nigerians don't understand is that both the so called Christians and Muslims are all corrupt moda fuckkkers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by donofdons: 4:54am On Feb 01, 2022
The man doesn’t look like a criminal. I know criminals when I see one, because I have been in the business of crime for 26 years before I retired. I was jailed for 8 year in the US and spent a total for five years in jails in Thailand, Pakistan and brazil. Trust me, I have seen all kinds of criminals and this face doesn’t look like one. Look deep and you will realize that there is a government official somewhere who ate that money

14 Likes

Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by karzyharsky(m): 4:54am On Feb 01, 2022
Since 2019 and this is 2022....he don step on toes

4 Likes

Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by Lexusgs430: 4:57am On Feb 01, 2022
This hopeless system in Nigeria, obligating the FG pay for Hajj and Jerusalem trips ........

How is this the FG responsibility ? People willing to conduct pilgrimage, should shoulder all financial responsibilities. No special $ rates etc etc. .... ...

All this trips are scams by the FG & CBN .........

On the other hand, I really enjoyed medview's, Lagos - UK trips (although I knew it would not last)...... cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by Jerryherd: 5:01am On Feb 01, 2022
cool

Since Nigerian government wanted to waste the money on rich Saudi and Isreal Government... Mr MD decided to pocket his share

You want to dash Saudi and Isreal free money to tour your citizens around the desert...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by BestRicePlug28(f): 5:15am On Feb 01, 2022
donofdons:
The man doesn’t look like a criminal. I know criminals when I see one, because I have been in the business of crime for 26 years before I retired. I was jailed for 8 year in the US and spent a total for five years in jails in Thailand, Pakistan and brazil. Trust me, I have seen all kinds of criminals and this face doesn’t look like one. Look deep and you will realize that there is a government official somewhere who ate that money

Don jazzy
Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by Henribest8(m): 5:55am On Feb 01, 2022
shocked
Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by ManishSmith(m): 6:00am On Feb 01, 2022
Naija which way?

1 Like

Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by nimasgalore: 6:04am On Feb 01, 2022
Damn. This is serious
Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by JAMO84: 6:04am On Feb 01, 2022
Hajj is not free, people pay to go perform Hajj.

I can see some people up there saying it a waste of money, what is your business if I decide to waste my money?

5 Likes

Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by Braga123: 6:16am On Feb 01, 2022
Please tell them hajj for Muslims is Almost 1.5m

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by heysquare(m): 6:17am On Feb 01, 2022
devlishGINGER:
isnt it high time all these Hajj is put to an end . that $900,000 will add to the development of Nigeria

Not govt money but from the hajj fee paid to National hajj commission by individuals traveling for hajj.

9 Likes

Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by Kobicove(m): 6:21am On Feb 01, 2022
Maybe someone decided to implicate him probably cos he refused to pay kickback because it sounds unbelievable to me that the MD would embezzle funds given to him to execute a project which will undoubtedly grow his company undecided
Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by darocha1: 6:22am On Feb 01, 2022
Read and comprehend
Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by MeghaneMorgane(f): 6:24am On Feb 01, 2022
Why is the Nigerian government spending so much money on such. Hajj or Jerusalem should not be the problem of the Nigerian government

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by Jerryherd: 6:30am On Feb 01, 2022
JAMO84:
Hajj is not free, people pay to go perform Hajj.

I can see some people up there saying it a waste of money, what is your business if I decide to waste my money?

People pay for petrol but that doesn't mean it's not heavily subsidised with our tax

Same way Pilgrimage is heavily subsidised with our tax, including VAT from alcohol sales

3 Likes

Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by dtiBusiness: 6:31am On Feb 01, 2022
devlishGINGER:

For clarification sake, Pilgrims pay for their air tickets, lodgings and feeding through out there stay in Saudi Arabia. The Hajj Commission is just coordinating. The $900,000 and 50% payment belongs to prospective hajj contributors.

5 Likes

Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by Jerryherd: 6:34am On Feb 01, 2022
dtiBusiness:

For clarification sake, Pilgrims pay for their air tickets, lodgings and feeding through out there stay in Saudi Arabia. The Hajj Commission is just coordinating. The $900,000 and 50% payment belongs to prospective hajj contributors.

Pilgrimage is subsided Private tour company would charge you around 3.5 million for lesser hajj, (economy return ticket, hotel reservation and lodging, bus transit and cab , Saudi Government hajj visa fees) Nigeria government charges you paltry 750k or there about which is not enough to fund a trip to Ghana

2 Likes

Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by Nicenixon: 6:35am On Feb 01, 2022
silverlinen:
Them him political sponsors don cast am
Dem don withdraw from e back
Na for the man to go do OG for prison remain
you too funny mehn
Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by helinues: 6:37am On Feb 01, 2022
1757svn:
[s][/s]

We are the representatives of your village people on NL.

All their messages must be delivered to you...

grin

Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by saintnegroid(m): 6:38am On Feb 01, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

One thing Nigerians don't understand is that both the so called Christians and Muslims are all corrupt moda fuckkkers
so which category are you? If Christians and Muslims are all corrupt
Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by kelly72: 6:48am On Feb 01, 2022
You can imagine a wretched country borrowing billions to sponsor pilgrimage, after which they continue to knowingly lie to themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

REVEALED: 6 Reasons Why Lagos Traffic Worsens Whenever It Rains / 8 Safety Tips For Mothers Who Board Danfo Buses With Their Kids / Another Tanker Explosion In Oshigbudu, Benue State Kills 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.