Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole (10639 Views)

‘It Was Chartered From Ethiopia’, Nigeria Air MD Breaks Silence On Controversy / Medview, Arik The New Ponzi Schemes / Medview Leaves 800 Passengers Stranded In U.k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by Awesomeking: 6:52am On Feb 01, 2022
mushystuff:
Absolute waste of resources! No responsible government, more so with our very bleak economic outlook, should have any business sponsoring religious pilgrimages! Religion is personal and should remain so!
the government doesn't sponsor hajj pilgrimage, the money being paid by the govermemnt is gotten from the fees they charge individuals

Something like you paying the government to help you charter a taxi to a different town, the government pays the taxi driver with your money.
Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by Awesomeking: 6:53am On Feb 01, 2022
JAMO84:
Hajj is not free, people pay to go perform Hajj.

I can see some people up there saying it a waste of money, what is your business if I decide to waste my money?
they assumed its the government that sponsors hajj � �.. Something of over 1.5 million � �
Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by id4sho(m): 6:54am On Feb 01, 2022
donofdons:
The man doesn’t look like a criminal. I know criminals when I see one, because I have been in the business of crime for 26 years before I retired. I was jailed for 8 year in the US and spent a total for five years in jails in Thailand, Pakistan and brazil. Trust me, I have seen all kinds of criminals and this face doesn’t look like one. Look deep and you will realize that there is a government official somewhere who ate that money
Really shocked
Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by TheNiceGuy(m): 6:56am On Feb 01, 2022
Well, to bust your bubbles, 750k was paid around 2011/13, it's close to 2m or more as we speak.

And please for the record, Government has SOME DESIGNATED PEOPLE that are sponsored for Hajj and to Jerusalem, NOT THE GENERAL MUSLIM.

Jerryherd:

Pilgrimage is subsided Private tour company would charge you around 3.5 million for lesser hajj, (economy return ticket, hotel reservation and lodging, bus transit and cab , Saudi Government hajj visa fees) Nigeria government charges you paltry 750k or there about which is not enough to fund a trip to Ghana
Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by DeepSight(m): 6:58am On Feb 01, 2022
donofdons:
The man doesn’t look like a criminal. I know criminals when I see one, because I have been in the business of crime for 26 years before I retired. I was jailed for 8 year in the US and spent a total for five years in jails in Thailand, Pakistan and brazil. Trust me, I have seen all kinds of criminals and this face doesn’t look like one. Look deep and you will realize that there is a government official somewhere who ate that money

If at all you have spent the said years in government guest-houses across the world as you claim, that would not necessarily help you with the recognition of high class white collar criminals. Such criminals could look on the outside as clean and spotless as a prince, as dignified as true royalty, as proper as a priest, as compassionate as a saint, as attentive and meticulous as the finest professor, as humble as a monk. . . . and still inwardly, undetected, be more savage and corrupt than Jack the Ripper, Idi-Amin, Mobutu-Seseseko and the worst mafia-drug-lord imaginable put together.

Now this is not to say there isnt gwament collusion in this. That is a necessity.
Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by DeepSight(m): 7:02am On Feb 01, 2022
dtiBusiness:

For clarification sake, Pilgrims pay for their air tickets, lodgings and feeding through out there stay in Saudi Arabia. The Hajj Commission is just coordinating. The $900,000 and 50% payment belongs to prospective hajj contributors.

Sharrap there, are you saying the Hajj is not subsidized?

https://punchng.com/despite-recession-states-others-spend-over-n136-5bn-on-hajj/
Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by DeepSight(m): 7:04am On Feb 01, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
Well, to bust your bubbles, 750k was paid around 2011/13, it's close to 2m or more as we speak.

Naturally, with the exchange rate having sky-rocketed.

And please for the record, Government has SOME DESIGNATED PEOPLE that are sponsored for Hajj and to Jerusalem, NOT THE GENERAL MUSLIM.

That's still untenable. Government should not be sponsoring anybody for Hajj or pilgrimage. That's pure madness.
And with the entourage culture in Nigeria we all know how "some designated people" would likely be quite a crowd!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by cardoctor(m): 7:04am On Feb 01, 2022
From where be dis one?
Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by DeepSight(m): 7:05am On Feb 01, 2022
Awesomeking:
the government doesn't sponsor hajj pilgrimage, the money being paid by the govermemnt is gotten from the fees they charge individuals

Something like you paying the government to help you charter a taxi to a different town, the government pays the taxi driver with your money.

Please stop defending the indefensible with ignorant lies. The Hajj is subsidized.

https://punchng.com/despite-recession-states-others-spend-over-n136-5bn-on-hajj/
Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by TheNiceGuy(m): 7:07am On Feb 01, 2022
Yes, it's not necessary.

That shouldn't be the priority of Government.

DeepSight:

That's still untenable. Government should not be sponsoring anybody for Hajj or pilgrimage. That's pure madness.
And with the entourage culture in Nigeria we all know how "some designated people" would likely be quite a crowd!
Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by TheNiceGuy(m): 7:10am On Feb 01, 2022
How do you know this? Because the last time we checked, not a single dime is added to private Hajj pilgrimage potential.

DeepSight:

Please stop defending the indefensible with ignorant lies. The Hajj is subsidized.
Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by RussellRutherfo: 7:22am On Feb 01, 2022
devlishGINGER:
isnt it high time all these Hajj is put to an end . that $900,000 will add to the development of Nigeria

$900,000 is equivalent to 373,500,000 Nigerian Naira
Money that will be used for the development of the country. The Jihadist government is using it to send many people to hell to go see the god of the pedophile Headslamming false prophet muhamMad.

Anyone who wants to go on Hajj(old copied Arabic pagan pilgrimage) should do that out of his or her own pocket. That should not be the work of the government.

2 Likes

Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by ariesbull: 7:23am On Feb 01, 2022
Everything about these guys ara scam... SW people ụna no dey Taya
Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by DeepSight(m): 7:28am On Feb 01, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
How do you know this? Because the last time we checked, not a single dime is added to private Hajj pilgrimage potential.

What a liar.

Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by RealistRedpiler: 7:34am On Feb 01, 2022
My anger is for those who still pray and believe in one Nigeria
Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by Flossq: 7:41am On Feb 01, 2022
devlishGINGER:
isnt it high time all these Hajj is put to an end . that $900,000 will add to the development of Nigeria

mugu
Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by OceanEye: 7:45am On Feb 01, 2022
donofdons:

Your observation is quite correct. I know Alahaji Muneer Bankole very well. I used to be his technician, working for him in both his office at Ikeja and his house at maruwa lekki. He is the nicest Muslim I have ever encountered in my life. All his workers like and respect him. He is such a perceived honest person who always ask you if the amount he gave you for a service is enough for you. This man built a house for his old house servant......

I am still shocked for this development!
Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by DeepSight(m): 8:14am On Feb 01, 2022
RussellRutherfo:

Money that will be used for the development of the country. The Jihadist government is using it to send many people to hell to go see the god of the pedophile Headslamming false prophet muhamMad.

Anyone who wants to go on Hajj(old copied Arabic pagan pilgrimage) should do that out of his or her own pocket. That should not be the work of the government.

Pardon the digression, but what do these words mean in your signature -

Russel&Rutherford Corporation run by 8 men Governing Body members (The False and Discreet Slave)
Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by JAMO84: 8:59am On Feb 01, 2022
Jerryherd:

People pay for petrol but that doesn't mean it's not heavily subsidised with our tax

Same way Pilgrimage is heavily subsidised with our tax, including VAT from alcohol sales

Prove it to me that Hajj is subsidized
Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by Realists(m): 9:20am On Feb 01, 2022
devlishGINGER:

Who told it's Federal Government largesse ?, Money that individual Muslims paid to Hajj commission for them to go on hajj & Hajj commission failed them by giving it to a rouge Nigerian.
Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by nedekid: 10:31am On Feb 01, 2022
All these sansational news from efcc that never win any case in court.
This story is one's sided. Let us hear from the medview owner his own side of the story.
What if the hadji agency owed the airline owner him from pervious years and when they deposited for this year he decided to recover his debt?
This seems to be a commercial matter, so why didn't agency sue him?
Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by rafcrown(m): 11:46am On Feb 01, 2022
BLAME NOT THE OWNER OF THE AIRLINE, Blame Bribery and Corruption in Nigeria.Blame not people going on pilgrimage to Mecca and Jerulasem,Blame those who condemned our Traditional African religion and impose theirs on us.
Blame not EFCC,BLAME THE INFLUENTIAL People behind the saga
Blame not the operator, blame his style of doing business, his aircrafts, and his corrupt staff. I wont forget my London to Lagos round trip with MEDVIEW.
Re: Hajj scam: EFCC detains Medview Airline MD, Muneer Bankole by mushystuff: 9:19pm On Feb 01, 2022
Awesomeking:

The government subsidises pilgrimage and offers forex at discountedrates even below officialCBN prices. Do your research.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/nigerians-condemn-fg-dollar-subsidy-hajj-pilgrims/%3famp

Imagine how much the government budgets yearly for Hajj and Christian pilgrimage commissions! https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/420747-2021-budget-nigerian-govt-votes-n2-6-billion-for-pilgrimage-commissions-amid-covid-19-constraints.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

REVEALED: 6 Reasons Why Lagos Traffic Worsens Whenever It Rains / Another Tanker Explosion In Oshigbudu, Benue State Kills 13 / Is My Waec Result My High School Transcript?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.