Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,606 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:40 AM

Akon:sorry, Blame It On Me - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Akon:sorry, Blame It On Me (2081 Views)

Durella Or Dbanj Who Really Owns " Blame It On The Money" / D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money / Akon's Story: " Sorry, Blame It On Me." (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Akon:sorry, Blame It On Me by Shaunscot(m): 9:45pm On Jul 31, 2007
Hi guys,
I just took my time to listen to the lyrics of Akon's new single and Ill say I was impressed and touched.
We have had artistes like R.Kelly involved in scandals and nothing at the end of it.
In this song,Akon is absolving everybody else of the blame and he's saying all blames should be put on him.
I had a lot of respect for this artiste and now,I respect him even more.
What do you guys think
Re: Akon:sorry, Blame It On Me by BlkRaven(f): 3:07pm On Aug 04, 2007
Shaunscot

I thought the song was nice and clean and the part where he apologises to his family seemed heartfelt. I still wonder why he had to do in it so publicly in a song, though.

I listened to the song several times before I realised that he didn't really apologise about the scandal. Akon is careful about how he expresses himself regarding the incident. When he apologises to his family, he apologises for things he did wrong. In the part where he talked about the incident, he says things like "I am sorry for the embarassment that she felt". He blamed the girl's father and Club Zen (he was spot on). He only took the blame because he loved his fans. He even says, "Even though the blame's on you, I'll take that blame from you". Taking the blame, but not apologising, was a very smart move.

I don't care too much for Akon because he has made quite a few ignorant comments in interviews and I find his performances degrading to women. However, this song reminds me that no matter what I think of Akon, he has feelings and makes mistakes like the rest of us. Fair play to the guy. He's smarter than I give him credit for.

Just my opinion.
Re: Akon:sorry, Blame It On Me by Shaunscot(m): 2:14am On Aug 05, 2007
I actually didnt expect any reply here cos there are already 2 other threads on the same topic(I tried deleting this but I realised I didnt have those priviledges).
Well ill explain things the way I see them
He apologised in a song because that is the best way he knows how to express himself.
He said 'Sorry for clubs getting shut down, I hope they get better next time around'
He kinda blamed the girls father but look at it this way.He said How was he to know she was underage cos U21 shouldnt be in d club.In a way he has a point there.
But he still said he'll take the blame.
That is mature of him imo.

(1) (Reply)

Wyre Ft Alaine - Nakupenda Pia ( Hottest Kenyan Afro Dancehall !!! Fireeee!!!) / Lord Of Ajasa Disess 9ice, Olamide And Reminisce In New Song '' Otalenu'' / Artistes Take Note: Trace Urban Calls For Your Videos...and Yes! Its FREE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.