Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,116 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Do You Still Hear Cocks Crow In Your Neighborhood? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Still Hear Cocks Crow In Your Neighborhood? (15004 Views)

How Can I Learn To Hear And Speak Yoruba Language / 7 Things Westerners Think When They Hear Africa / Cock Crow Errors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Still Hear Cocks Crow In Your Neighborhood? by ikorodureporta: 5:24pm On Feb 01, 2022
Not Ikorodu.
Land space still plenty here....all types of birds dey shout here
Re: Do You Still Hear Cocks Crow In Your Neighborhood? by kafeii123: 5:34pm On Feb 01, 2022
Modern day crows dont crow so we'll anymore...I noticed the same happening in birds too lately...their sounds are now shorter than that of their forbears
Re: Do You Still Hear Cocks Crow In Your Neighborhood? by Hiq0: 5:52pm On Feb 01, 2022
All are dead
Re: Do You Still Hear Cocks Crow In Your Neighborhood? by Awoleesu(m): 6:36pm On Feb 01, 2022
Allisgud:
2 days ago one chicken start to dey crow by 8am,na I say this one don sleep forget,
grin
Probably observing security consciousness...

Dawn no safe to announce these days!
Re: Do You Still Hear Cocks Crow In Your Neighborhood? by Allisgud: 6:45pm On Feb 01, 2022
Awoleesu:

grin
Probably observing security consciousness...

Dawn no safe to announce these days!
grin ;Dabi dawn is not safe o,it need to be out when everyone is around

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Hear Cocks Crow In Your Neighborhood? by AJohnnasa(m): 7:06pm On Feb 01, 2022
My neighbour own dey worry me every day.
Re: Do You Still Hear Cocks Crow In Your Neighborhood? by SilvanusII(m): 7:28pm On Feb 01, 2022
Na mosque dey make noise around that time now. If I'm up till three am and vigil ppl no dey make noise, u fit hear cock crow sha

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Hear Cocks Crow In Your Neighborhood? by Awoleesu(m): 7:44pm On Feb 01, 2022
Allisgud:
grin ;Dabi dawn is not safe o,it need to be out when everyone is around
GBAM!
Re: Do You Still Hear Cocks Crow In Your Neighborhood? by missymide: 8:02pm On Feb 01, 2022
They still do their business of shouting in my estate o.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Hear Cocks Crow In Your Neighborhood? by Emdebby2: 8:10pm On Feb 01, 2022
There are no roosters again.
These days it's birds that sing in the morning.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Hear Cocks Crow In Your Neighborhood? by Kelophili: 8:39pm On Feb 01, 2022
Is because of the kind of neighborhood we live in now mostly not like olden days face me I face you
Re: Do You Still Hear Cocks Crow In Your Neighborhood? by IfnobeGod20: 8:46pm On Feb 01, 2022
Climate change had affected everything. The cock don't crow again. I also discovered that some of leaves that goats doesn't eat in the olden days, they now eat them. No thanks to climate change.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Hear Cocks Crow In Your Neighborhood? by IbileIfe: 9:02pm On Feb 01, 2022
Yes. Every day.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Hear Cocks Crow In Your Neighborhood? by ghazab74(m): 9:04pm On Feb 01, 2022
kiss kiss kiss[/sup] kiss kiss kiss kiss[sup][/sup][sup][/sup][sup] kiss kiss kiss
Olunmercy56:
No, most landlords in my area don't allow any tenants to bring in those animals
Re: Do You Still Hear Cocks Crow In Your Neighborhood? by ngwababe(f): 9:13pm On Feb 01, 2022
AJohnnasa:
My neighbour own dey worry me every day.

grin grin grin cheesy grin
Re: Do You Still Hear Cocks Crow In Your Neighborhood? by Nma75: 9:34pm On Feb 01, 2022
Yes, there's serious problem in my compound right now. A neighbor reported to our landlord complaining how another neighbor's cock crow has been stopping her from enjoying her early morning sleep. She insists is either the cock is taken away or landlord to refund her so she can quit. shocked
Re: Do You Still Hear Cocks Crow In Your Neighborhood? by getricheoa(m): 10:09pm On Feb 01, 2022
affable4:
Nice one o. These days, a cock mature enough to crow would have to do that inside the pot.

Don't leave me..nice
Re: Do You Still Hear Cocks Crow In Your Neighborhood? by udede(m): 10:31pm On Feb 01, 2022
Wetin this government cannot destroy doesn't exist
Re: Do You Still Hear Cocks Crow In Your Neighborhood? by SweetDipBenny(m): 11:08pm On Feb 01, 2022
obembet:
U mean the one wey boys don chop for Xmas
I got a special còck for u if u interested wink
Re: Do You Still Hear Cocks Crow In Your Neighborhood? by xtremeTall(m): 12:14am On Feb 02, 2022
IceColdVeins:
The crows are still there, it was you who moved out of the trenches
fasho bro
Re: Do You Still Hear Cocks Crow In Your Neighborhood? by wink2015(m): 5:31am On Feb 02, 2022
Awoleesu:
Growing up from childhood through early adulthood, the common and popular signal to daybreak was the cockcrow!
The first cockcrow signifies pre-dawn. That happens around 4-4:30 am while the second crow tells the neighborhood it's time to get off the bed and hit the day... grin

These days however, maybe because the use of bedside alarm clocks has grown to be the common waker, it seems the 'natural alarm' has gone extinct! Or is it that the rate of consumption of poultry has rendered the Rooster an endangered bird?

Give me some breath of relief, please assure me you still get the cockcrow in your neighborhood...

Thanks for your well written article or short note.

However, you missed out something you just talk about rooster that is male fowl. You did not digress to native fowl or agric fowl.

It is basically the native fowl that crows that wake up our grand pa and grand ma telling them to get ready for the farm.

I have not seen lately a male agric fowl that crows

Technology that was used to hatch their eggs has changed the whole natural process.

NATIVE FOWL ( male ) ARE STILL A MASTER IN CROWING.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Hear Cocks Crow In Your Neighborhood? by Awoleesu(m): 6:32am On Feb 02, 2022
wink2015:

Thanks for your well written article or short note.

However, you missed out something you just talk about rooster that is male fowl. You did not digress to native fowl or agric fowl.

It is basically the native fowl that crows that wake up our grand pa and grand ma telling them to get ready for the farm.

I have not seen lately a male agric fowl that crows

Technology that was used to hatch their eggs has changed the whole natural process.

NATIVE FOWL ( male ) ARE STILL A MASTER IN CROWING.

That's a good observation there!
Perhaps you have opened up a vista for Further research wink
Re: Do You Still Hear Cocks Crow In Your Neighborhood? by AJohnnasa(m): 6:21pm On Feb 02, 2022
ngwababe:

grin grin grin cheesy grin

Ssh...
Re: Do You Still Hear Cocks Crow In Your Neighborhood? by Panda7(m): 11:54am On Feb 03, 2022
wetin fowl do me for new year day I no fit forget
Re: Do You Still Hear Cocks Crow In Your Neighborhood? by Kinzo0917(m): 4:42pm On Feb 04, 2022
Anndrew:
na Man...forget moniker..
. I thought as much. Most of the pictures at her/his dont look alike. What do people gain by been fake?
Re: Do You Still Hear Cocks Crow In Your Neighborhood? by Anndrew(m): 7:23pm On Feb 04, 2022
Kinzo0917:
. I thought as much. Most of the pictures at her/his dont look alike. What do people gain by been fake?
traffic and notice me..
Re: Do You Still Hear Cocks Crow In Your Neighborhood? by Awoleesu(m): 11:36am On May 14, 2022
mariovito:
Cocks wey these gals don swallow finish.

As we speak, one nanny dey chop my own.

Silly boi... grin
Re: Do You Still Hear Cocks Crow In Your Neighborhood? by mariovito(m): 3:31pm On May 14, 2022
grin
You gerrit!
Awoleesu:

Silly boi... grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Suggest Igbo Names Starting With "P" / Why Nigerian Men Are Killing Their Wives At A High Rate In America / Kano Anti-corruption Agency Halts Probe On Emir Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.