Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

What A Prison Cell In Denmark Looks Like. God When? - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What A Prison Cell In Denmark Looks Like. God When? (5997 Views)

29 Inmates Escape From Police Cell In Abia / 3 Suspects Escape From Police Cell In Abuja After Guard Fell Asleep On Duty. / A Prison In Norway Is Just Like Your Lekki Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What A Prison Cell In Denmark Looks Like. God When? by Kingjames(m): 3:10pm On Feb 01, 2022
grin
thorpido:
God when what?You wan go prison?

1 Like

Re: What A Prison Cell In Denmark Looks Like. God When? by pakirisuitesphc(m): 3:14pm On Feb 01, 2022
Re: What A Prison Cell In Denmark Looks Like. God When? by LordIsaac(m): 3:29pm On Feb 01, 2022
The philosophy of punishment here emphasizes rehabilitation (reductivism), rather than retribution (lex talionis). Enrol for Criminology and know more grin

1 Like

Re: What A Prison Cell In Denmark Looks Like. God When? by Lamasta(m): 3:58pm On Feb 01, 2022
Speeddial:
What a prison cell in Denmark looks like. God when?
You fit collect transfer go dia go spend 20 years inside o as you dey pray God when grin

1 Like

Re: What A Prison Cell In Denmark Looks Like. God When? by soundOsonic: 4:11pm On Feb 01, 2022
Karleb:

Stop thinking like a typical Nigerian. Make your research.

Most prisoners serving less than 5 years sentences in Denmark are sentenced to open prison. They wear their own clothes, cook their own food and have the possibility of escape.

These prisoners are treated like normal people rather than inmates and it has helped the country to reduce crime rate. If you doubt me, make your own research.

That picture is from their maximum prison.

How is my thinking myopic?

You said my thinking is myopic and yet what you wrote is entirely different from what I said.
You made no point towards what I typed.
Guy they think before you write

1 Like

Re: What A Prison Cell In Denmark Looks Like. God When? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 01, 2022
thorpido:
"God when?" don't mean that he wish to go to prison. But the level at which people are being dehumanised in the Nigerian correctional facilities, will make you make such prayers. Remind you, 88% of the people in the prison are not convicted. The facilities provided is congested. Intellectualism requires that some statement are not personal wishes but deep evaluation of the environmental menace, because if 88 percent if the persons in prisons are not convicted, what guarantee that you can't be a victim?

1 Like

Re: What A Prison Cell In Denmark Looks Like. God When? by Titovanzel(f): 4:24pm On Feb 01, 2022
Speeddial:

God when? I go use ur head for murder and gladly go do my time here. Be wishing "God when," u hear?
Re: What A Prison Cell In Denmark Looks Like. God When? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Feb 01, 2022
Is the God when for me grin grin grin
Re: What A Prison Cell In Denmark Looks Like. God When? by Karleb(m): 5:22pm On Feb 01, 2022
soundOsonic:

How is my thinking myopic?

You said my thinking is myopic and yet what you wrote is entirely different from what I said.
You made no point towards what I typed.
Guy they think before you write

Where did I say your thinking is myopic oga? shocked

1 Like

Re: What A Prison Cell In Denmark Looks Like. God When? by jamerflepz(m): 5:46pm On Feb 01, 2022
Only an introverted, minimalistic criminal would love something like this. Small, simple, less stuff and just being indoors reading (if books are allowed).
Re: What A Prison Cell In Denmark Looks Like. God When? by oilmane(m): 6:20pm On Feb 01, 2022
Speeddial:

When as in when e go b your turn for prison or what? Pray for better thing o
Re: What A Prison Cell In Denmark Looks Like. God When? by SamgoldBaba: 7:10pm On Feb 01, 2022
thorpido:
op na mumu
Re: What A Prison Cell In Denmark Looks Like. God When? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 01, 2022
grin grin grin
Re: What A Prison Cell In Denmark Looks Like. God When? by TjoBATHONG(m): 8:33pm On Feb 01, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Nothing like your freedom..

I get u.

This pic made me wonder what a prison is actually. What's its purpose?
Re: What A Prison Cell In Denmark Looks Like. God When? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:35pm On Feb 01, 2022
TjoBATHONG:

I get u.

This pic made me wonder what a prison is actually. What's its purpose?
You mean the purpose of a prison?
Re: What A Prison Cell In Denmark Looks Like. God When? by TjoBATHONG(m): 8:49pm On Feb 01, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

You mean the purpose of a prison?

Yes. Is it to strip someone of their freedom and/or luxuries? Looks like in Denmark u get all the amenities you're used to outside - but they take away your freedom. Even that guy in Norway who massacred students on an island had way too many rights behind bars.
Re: What A Prison Cell In Denmark Looks Like. God When? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:55pm On Feb 01, 2022
TjoBATHONG:

Yes. Is it to strip someone of their freedom and/or luxuries? Looks like in Denmark u get all the amenities you're used to outside - but they take away your freedom. Even that guy in Norway who massacred students on an island had way too many rights behind bars.
To rehabilitate people's mindset..why you see theirs that way Is cos they probably have that mindset that prison shouldn't be a place to suffer endlessly like it is in Nigeria rather rehabilitate the persons involved in their various Crime..

in some cases it's to protect the public cos once you commit a crime you should be considered as a danger to the public..
For the most part it is for punishment in hopes it will serve as a deterrent to others..

1 Like

Re: What A Prison Cell In Denmark Looks Like. God When? by ugwumichael(m): 8:57pm On Feb 01, 2022
Let's assume that's a prison for real. I can bet your balls that people from Denmark would cry there eyes out when they are told they would be sent to jail.
So what's your "God when" all about.?
Re: What A Prison Cell In Denmark Looks Like. God When? by TjoBATHONG(m): 9:19pm On Feb 01, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

To rehabilitate people's mindset..why you see theirs that way Is cos they probably have that mindset that prison shouldn't be a place to suffer endlessly like it is in Nigeria rather rehabilitate the persons involved in their various Crime..

in some cases it's to protect the public cos once you commit a crime you should be considered as a danger to the public..
For the most part it is for punishment in hopes it will serve as a deterrent to others..

That's true. There's the argument in some countries that our prisons are actually breeding grounds for criminals because they're brutal, instead of correctional facilities.

But in SA where we've tried to improve standards, there's also a belief that's it's more pleasurable for some people in prison than outside.

Check the comment this week from the suspect who burnt down the parliament.

Re: What A Prison Cell In Denmark Looks Like. God When? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:24pm On Feb 01, 2022
TjoBATHONG:

That's true. There's the argument in some countries that our prisons are actually breeding grounds for criminals because they're brutal, instead of correctional facilities.

But in SA where we've tried to improve standards, there's also a belief that's it's more pleasurable for some people in prison than outside.

Check the comment this week from the suspect who burnt down the parliament.

You have a point tho.. but I would still go for the normal commit s crime and face the law but not in a horrible place or manner..

How about him?the man?any update on him?
Re: What A Prison Cell In Denmark Looks Like. God When? by Golan007: 9:45pm On Feb 01, 2022
soundOsonic:
They have derailed the purpose of a correction facility.

Most homeless people (if there is one) would commit petty crimes just to have a place to eat and sleep in the winter.

And besides it will feel like home, if you are cool with other inmate. I heard they give them books, board games, recreation games, and some days to watch prison.

They haven't defeated the purpose.

The average Scandinavian lives in a high standard home.

The one thing they would miss is their freedom.

1 Like

Re: What A Prison Cell In Denmark Looks Like. God When? by TjoBATHONG(m): 10:37pm On Feb 01, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

You have a point tho.. but I would still go for the normal commit s crime and face the law but not in a horrible place or manner..

How about him?the man?any update on him?

Yeah, on your first point. Prisons should not be brutal - that's the only way we'll achieve holistic rehabilitation.

The alleged parliament arsonist's trial is still ongoing. They're still arguing whether he should get bail. The state wants to send him for psychiatric observation but he's challenging it.

He's got some of the best lawyers arguing his case because it's a political matters. We all know Jacob Zuma's people are behind the burning of parliament and this homeless guy was used to achieve that objective. Zuma's people have vowed to render SA ungovernable since the July riots and looting last year. Many government buildings are going up in smoke lately.
Re: What A Prison Cell In Denmark Looks Like. God When? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 11:05pm On Feb 01, 2022
TjoBATHONG:

Yeah, on your first point. Prisons should not be brutal - that's the only way we'll achieve holistic rehabilitation.

The alleged parliament arsonist's trial is still ongoing. They're still arguing whether he should get bail. The state wants to send him for psychiatric observation but he's challenging it.

He's got some of the best lawyers arguing his case because it's a political matters. We all know Jacob Zuma's people are behind the burning of parliament and this homeless guy was used to achieve that objective. Zuma's people have vowed to render SA ungovernable since the July riots and looting last year. Many government buildings are going up in smoke lately.

That's great and weird tho..but what do you really want to happen to the man..?
Re: What A Prison Cell In Denmark Looks Like. God When? by soundOsonic: 11:18pm On Feb 01, 2022
Golan007:

They haven't defeated the purpose.

The average Scandinavian lives in a high standard home.

The one thing they would miss is their freedom.

You guys don't read, I said homeless. I didn't say the average Scandinavian.
Homeless people oftentimes commit petty crimes so as they can get warm bed and free food during the winter.
It's a normal thing. I am talking about the homeless o Abba.
Re: What A Prison Cell In Denmark Looks Like. God When? by TjoBATHONG(m): 11:20pm On Feb 01, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

That's great and weird tho..but what do you really want to happen to the man..?

He's got public sympathy coz he is allegedly a homeless man and might have psychological issues. But it's complex so I don't know cheesy
Re: What A Prison Cell In Denmark Looks Like. God When? by Golan007: 11:38pm On Feb 01, 2022
soundOsonic:

You guys don't read, I said homeless. I didn't say the average Scandinavian.
Homeless people oftentimes commit petty crimes so as they can get warm bed and free food during the winter.
It's a normal thing. I am talking about the homeless o Abba.

But your opening statement was about the purpose of prison being defeated.

Haba!
Re: What A Prison Cell In Denmark Looks Like. God When? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Feb 01, 2022
angry Everything there might not be more than $1000 so don't go to jail for that.
Re: What A Prison Cell In Denmark Looks Like. God When? by soundOsonic: 11:49pm On Feb 01, 2022
Golan007:

But your opening statement was about the purpose of prison being defeated.

Haba!

I would rather use the word "correction facility" than prison. Prison sounds more like a punishment, correction facility sounds like a facility to remand, reeducate offenders before reinstating them into the society.

The whole essence of a correction facility is not to make the offender have a time off, but for one to be remanded, reeducated- one doesn't do this in luxury and comfort, this should be done in environment for sober reflection.

I can just hit you in the eye, and get a five years imprisonment for assault.

I believe it will be nice to think, I am in a luxury unit being fed good food three times a day, coupled with free electricity heater, and good medical care. And also I get to watch T.V on Fridays and play basketball � with the hoodies.

After 5 years I come out fresh and you are one eye shot.
And I could threaten you again, and burst your other eye. Well who cares about prison, I am a damn introvert.
Re: What A Prison Cell In Denmark Looks Like. God When? by lasisi69(f): 1:01am On Feb 02, 2022
Paygram:

"God when?" don't mean that he wish to go to prison. But the level at which people are being dehumanised in the Nigerian correctional facilities, will make you make such prayers. Remind you, 88% of the people in the prison are not convicted. The facilities provided is congested. Intellectualism requires that some statement are not personal wishes but deep evaluation of the environmental menace, because if 88 percent if the persons in prisons are not convicted, what guarantee that you can't be a victim?
sorry to ask, where did you get your statistics ?? undecided undecided
Re: What A Prison Cell In Denmark Looks Like. God When? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 5:19am On Feb 02, 2022
TjoBATHONG:

He's got public sympathy coz he is allegedly a homeless man and might have psychological issues. But it's complex so I don't know cheesy
If you had the power to pass out a judgement what will you do? cheesy
Re: What A Prison Cell In Denmark Looks Like. God When? by TjoBATHONG(m): 9:42am On Feb 02, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

If you had the power to pass out a judgement what will you do? cheesy

Lol, I would send him to a nice prison but ensure the big guys behind his crime get life.
Re: What A Prison Cell In Denmark Looks Like. God When? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:43am On Feb 02, 2022
TjoBATHONG:

Lol, I would send him to a nice prison but ensure the big guys behind his crime get life.
Nice judgement tho.. but the problem is getting the big guys down.. cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Graphics Pohoto Of A Little Young Girl Died This Morning / The Road To Okija Shrine in ibo land / No tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.