Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,900 members, 7,844,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Sucidal Mission - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sucidal Mission (115 Views)

Join us on our mission! Volunteers, Mission Teachers Needed. / UNICAL Cult Leaders Denounce As Thunderbolt Mission Holds Anti Cult Crusade / COVID-19: Oluwayomi Zeblon Honoured By US Mission For Providing Virtual Sessions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sucidal Mission by bashful36(m): 12:44pm On Feb 01, 2022
SUICIDAL MISSION
My enthusiastic and workaholic approach to studies was recognized on this day 1st February five years ago when I was named as the OVERALL BEST GRADUATING STUDENT of the Federal University of Technology, Minna, 2016 session. The Chancellor and Vice Chancellor lauded me as a hero and presented me with three honors. I was so ecstatic when search FM FUTMinna requested me to provide junior student counseling, that I gave a mouth-watering speech.
Prof. Sadiku, my school father, who has played an important part in my academic career, was so happy that he offered me a monetary incentive of ₦20,000 for making the entire Ebira proud at the school. After a while, the school administration deposited ₦30,000 into my account, ten thousand naira for each of the awards.
Beyond my National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), the popular student concept of "life after school" began to take shape in my life. I started writing applications and submitting my resume to various offices. I took a lot of job exams and was usually invited for an interview and at the end those who did not even participate in the hiring process will be hired because they have GOD FATHERs. Not relenting in my efforts as a hustler, I travelled to Otukpo, where I worked on a farm and was able to raise fund for my master program and by his grace I maintain my academic status quo.
Five years have passed, despite having an NCE certificate, a B.Tech degree with numerous awards, and M.Tech degree, I was still unemployed.
Going down memory lane about how I converted our lecture classroom into my abode during my M.Tech program, couple with all I passed through to pay my fees right from my NCE days till now, depression set in. Mr Usman Aaze will say sir, everything is a function of time i.e L = f(t), with my aunty Habibat always on call track with me to guarantee I continued, I felt like quitting but Prof Sadiku kept refreshing me to keep going.
Prof. Musibau Akanji once observed in his valedictory lecture "Suicide is Cheap." Nigeria is on a suicidal journey that will require divine intervention to avoid. On a daily basis, a lot of people like me are out on the streets. The dilemma is how will the future generation view our educational system if those who have dedicated their lives to education have nothing to show for it? Frustration and aggression theory opined that people become angry and aggressive on being kept from reaching a desired goal to the extent that they think that someone had intentionally and unfairly produced this interference or had deliberately and wrongly tried to hurt them.
This is the primary reason why younger generations were so eager to make money that they skipped school and engaged in other fetish activities. Neither the wealthy nor the poor are safe in our country right now. I can’t indulge in evil that the society is encouraging the new generation. Thus my quest for academics pursue continues while praying for a better future. This leads me to the logical conclusion from Abraham Lincoln's words, which has helped me establish my personal philosophy. “I will be prepared and someday my chance will come.” May Allah, the Almighty, intervene in our current predicament.

Re: Sucidal Mission by sageb: 1:44pm On Feb 01, 2022
bashful36:
SUICIDAL MISSION
My enthusiastic and workaholic approach to studies was recognized on this day 1st February five years ago when I was named as the OVERALL BEST GRADUATING STUDENT of the Federal University of Technology, Minna, 2016 session. The Chancellor and Vice Chancellor lauded me as a hero and presented me with three honors. I was so ecstatic when search FM FUTMinna requested me to provide junior student counseling, that I gave a mouth-watering speech.
Prof. Sadiku, my school father, who has played an important part in my academic career, was so happy that he offered me a monetary incentive of ₦20,000 for making the entire Ebira proud at the school. After a while, the school administration deposited ₦30,000 into my account, ten thousand naira for each of the awards.
Beyond my National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), the popular student concept of "life after school" began to take shape in my life. I started writing applications and submitting my resume to various offices. I took a lot of job exams and was usually invited for an interview and at the end those who did not even participate in the hiring process will be hired because they have GOD FATHERs. Not relenting in my efforts as a hustler, I travelled to Otukpo, where I worked on a farm and was able to raise fund for my master program and by his grace I maintain my academic status quo.
Five years have passed, despite having an NCE certificate, a B.Tech degree with numerous awards, and M.Tech degree, I was still unemployed.
Going down memory lane about how I converted our lecture classroom into my abode during my M.Tech program, couple with all I passed through to pay my fees right from my NCE days till now, depression set in. Mr Usman Aaze will say sir, everything is a function of time i.e L = f(t), with my aunty Habibat always on call track with me to guarantee I continued, I felt like quitting but Prof Sadiku kept refreshing me to keep going.
Prof. Musibau Akanji once observed in his valedictory lecture "Suicide is Cheap." Nigeria is on a suicidal journey that will require divine intervention to avoid. On a daily basis, a lot of people like me are out on the streets. The dilemma is how will the future generation view our educational system if those who have dedicated their lives to education have nothing to show for it? Frustration and aggression theory opined that people become angry and aggressive on being kept from reaching a desired goal to the extent that they think that someone had intentionally and unfairly produced this interference or had deliberately and wrongly tried to hurt them.
This is the primary reason why younger generations were so eager to make money that they skipped school and engaged in other fetish activities. Neither the wealthy nor the poor are safe in our country right now. I can’t indulge in evil that the society is encouraging the new generation. Thus my quest for academics pursue continues while praying for a better future. This leads me to the logical conclusion from Abraham Lincoln's words, which has helped me establish my personal philosophy. “I will be prepared and someday my chance will come.” May Allah, the Almighty, intervene in our current predicament.

An interesting story
One day, you shall forget all these difficulties for you shall be in a better place.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help With This Quantitative Sample / Training / 3d Nft Artist Needed.. (urgent)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.