Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,422 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Are You Sleeping With The Right Pillow Based On Your Sleep Position? Find Out! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Sleeping With The Right Pillow Based On Your Sleep Position? Find Out! (167 Views)

Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 / I Caught My Husband Sucking My Niece’s Breast, Sleeping With Our Maid -wife / My Friend Is Sleeping With His 13-Year-Old Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are You Sleeping With The Right Pillow Based On Your Sleep Position? Find Out! by Y4all: 2:59pm On Feb 01, 2022
For one to have a memorable sleep experience, there are so many factors that come to play: your mattress, room temperature, noises, and light. This interplay isn’t complete without a mention of your pillow. To our greatest amazement, our pillows play an important role in ensuring that we get quality sleep. However, picking the right pillow for our sleep position could be a tricky adventure. In a bid to choose the right pillow, most of us spend a lot of time surfing the internet to make the right pick. But in most cases, we’re left more confused because there’s quite a lot to choose from. One is always perplexed by the questions of how am I supposed to know which pillow is the right one for me?

Well, allow me to take you through my personal process of picking the pillow that’s going to keep your posture healthy, but also satisfy all your unique sleep needs.

How to choose the right pillow
Before you embark on the journey to make your pillow pick, you need to be armed with this information. For you to maintain a healthy posture, you must know that each sleeping position requires a different type of pillow. Yes! Your sleeping position is just one reflection of your slumber habits, and there’s a lot more to consider when you’re on the hunt for your perfect pillow.

That said, I’m going to mix-n-match some of these “wants” with different sleep styles. This way, you can find out exactly how to keep a neutral spine in each sleeping position, and then pick and choose which special features you’d like your pillow to have!

Back Sleepers pillow guide
In order to maintain a healthy posture, back sleepers need pillows that should support their neck and head, but not so much that the neck is propped up at an unnatural angle. Remember, you want your spine and neck to stay aligned while you sleep, so back sleepers probably want a medium-thick pillow—something that’s not too full, but not too flat. A medium-thick pillow is going to help relieve pressure in your neck and shoulders by providing a nice, cushy buffer between you and your mattress. Additionally, back sleepers might find that pillows filled with materials that conform to pressure (like memory foam, for example), are particularly beneficial.

Side Sleepers pillow guide
If you’re a side sleeper, your pillow should support your head in a neutral position, keeping it aligned with your spine. Side sleepers need a pillow with a high loft, and firmer support because your shoulder takes most of the pressure when you sleep on your side, you may want a fuller, firmer pillow to give your neck the support it needs and take some of the weight off your shoulder. The reason is that a pillow with a taller profile is going to prop your head up so that it’s in neutral alignment with your spine. Additionally, a lofty pillow will relieve pressure on your shoulder, and make sure that it’s not bearing the brunt of your body’s weight. If you ever feel like your shoulder is deeply digging into your mattress, your pillow might not be lofty enough.

Stomach sleepers pillow guide
Sleeping on your stomach is the most stressful position for your back and neck, so many experts recommend trying to train yourself to sleep in another position. We know that you can’t change your sleeping habits overnight, so if you do sleep on your stomach, you’ll want a pillow that’s softer and a little less full. This will help keep your spine as neutral as possible. In fact, some experts suggest avoiding the prone position altogether, as it tends to position the upper cervical spine at end-range rotation or extension. Essentially, this means you’re at greater risk of straining your neck and putting pressure on your lower back or abdomen. In order to maintain neutral spine alignment, stomach sleepers need a pillow with a low loft (two inches or shorter). Soft Support — Pillows with soft support are going to provide a cushy buffer between you and your mattress, but also ensure that your head is not too propped up. The firmer the pillow, the more likely it is for your neck to be lifted out of alignment with your spine and that’s when the soreness sets in.

The Science behind Winco Pillows
To help you support a healthy sleep posture, Winco Foam Industries offers pillows that offer premium comfort to its users. Our pillows are specifically engineered to suit preferences. When you’re ready to upgrade your sleep, don’t forget about your pillow. Invest in a Winco pillow that offers the perfect combination of comfort and support for your sleeping position and personal preference. Our Sleep Experts are always available to help you find the right pillow for you. Connect with us on all our social media handles or visit www.wincofoam.com better still Call or what Sapp on 09062010211.

READ ALSO:
https://www.wincofoam.com/should-babies-share-a-bed-with-their-parent-find-out/

RECOMMENDED READINGS:
https://www.wincofoam.com/what-is-the-best-ac-temperature-for-sleeping/

https://www.wincofoam.com/swap-your-old-mattress-for-a-new-one-heres-how-it-works/

https://www.wincofoam.com/causes-and-solutions-on-why-you-always-wake-up-tired/

Source: www.wincofoam.com

(1) (Reply)

6 Money Questions To Ask Your Significant Other / The Marks Cupid Left! / Things To Look Out For When Choosing Your Next Apartment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.